Transits of chart ruler

holly

I have a quick question about transits.

I have noticed that the transits of the moon have a strong affect on my emotions and influence what I think about. (Especially by house!)

Does everyone experience the moon's transits strongly? Or is it just people, like me, whose chart ruler is the moon?

Do those with a different chart ruler, say Mars for example, experience Mars transits strongly?

I suppose in theory chart-ruling planets with their transits would have the most effect on a person, well that's my understanding.

Moon would have an impact on everyone as it part of the "Big 3" and it is so variable so emotions would be coloured greatly depending on where it is in the chart and it moves around the chart very quickly. But maybe more so for you because it is your chart ruler.

I have mars as my chart ruler and quite frankly, I haven't paid much attention to its transits :D but I certainly recall very difficult mars transits :)

holly

Great, thanks for that. It's hard for me to comment on wether or not I feel the transits of other planets because I'm so new to astrology. The only time I remember feeling a Mars transit is when it aspected the Moon! hehe. So the moon is a big deal for me, but possibly not everyone! I understand! :)

Lin

Hi Holly,
Of course the moon affects your emotions in it's transitting course.... but not always in the same way and not always with the same intensity.
Look at the transits to your natal moon..... if you have some heavy planets aspecting your moon by transit now, you will be more sensitive to lunar transits.

You need to ascertain where the most senstive areas of your chart are, and then study (keep track of) the moon's position when you are the most affected to see if it is aspecting that area or another sensitive area.

In general, any personal planet being aspected by transit by a "heavy" planet, especially in a difficult way, will be more sensitive to lunar transits.

So this is an exercise you can do, a way of researching this issue, so that you can have personal experience of the transits.

Of course this works for all planets, but the faster planets, the personal planets will give you a lot more data in one year than the slower ones.
Lin