The Abscent Minded Effect

Summery Joy

Here's another question.

Is there a natal-chart placement or a planetary aspect that could cause a person to be forgetful or ascent minded?

I'm so abscent minded it's scary! Most of my friends don't believe me. They think I pretend to forget or not to notice things to get away from certain situations. That's not true. I am just plain abscent minded:
- Once, I forgot my own name and had to look at one of my IDs to remember it :!:
- Another time, I woke with complete amnesia. It took me like 5 to 10 minutes to remember who I was and recognize my own room and bed.
- I lose my keys every single day.
- Very Often, when I'm driving, I forget where I'm going.
- When I meet someone for the first time, I rememeber their face and name.. only seperately. One someone says their name later, it sounds familiar but I can't link it to a face and when I see them a second time I almost never recall their name.

Is there anything in my chart that makes me so forgetful and asbcent minded :?: Note that I have no medical condition that causes this, not that I know of anyway.

MidnightDevil

That doesn't usually happens when you smoke does it? :roll:

I have a friend that can have such a abscent mind, but you go much further in forgetting your name and taking 5 to 10 minutes to remind everything back again.

Amazon1963

:D Belly laughin over here you Midnight Devil you! Oh mercy me! She didnt forget her 'actual' name rather, forgot a screen name I'm sure. :shock:

Sorehearted? Honestly? You sound like you are either very scattered in your thinking processes due to perhaps stress? Perhaps not focusing on whats in front of you rather than the dozens of irons you may have in the fire in the back of your mind? You strike me as a very busy and industrious person.

Aside from organic reasons of absentmindedness...there may well be some aspect in there that predetermines you to be a tad forgetful. Maybe its because you are multi-tasking when you shouldnt be. Research your natal chart and aspects closely. I dont know of any aspects offhand that could answer your original question.

Notes and lists should be your closest ally in your desire to be more focused perhaps? Astrology aside? I have to write down my daughter's birthdate and other important dates. Yes, yes, I was there when she was born but stars bless me if I can remember the darn date. Irks her to no end too.

I, too, am capable of immediately forgetting someone's name which is why I find some way to repeat their name back to them as quickly and politely as possible. Helps to reinforce the memory. Also helps if you can associate a name with another word.

I dont think there's anything 'wrong' with you per se, I think you are just a very busy thinker who might need to compartmentalize the other thoughts long enough to remember immediate things.

Be well!

Amazon1963

Kite

In this time of opening to other dimensions, it is quite possible that you are blending your waking state with your dream state. I would look to neptune transits and progressions to mark this special occasion.

Lapis

Where am I?

sorehearted,

More and more people are experiencing exactly the same weird things that you mentioned! A couple of years ago I too forgot my real name for about a minute and it felt so weird and wonderful at the same time. I just was me without the limitations of any ego sense of self.

I've also had times where I can't recognize the written words on a page. I turn the paper all around trying desperately to recognize the 'scribble' but it just dosen't work for awhile. Then suddenly I know which way is up and can recognize the letters as words. (We're becoming more telepathic.)

Just a few days ago I was in a store with my Mom and we were discussing buying something and all of the sudden I didn't know where I was. I paniced briefly and Mom understood what had happened to me because its happened to her many times too. Breath everyone, its not what you think. :wink:

It sounds to me like you need to get 'grounded' sorehearted. I thought I was bad with this but you've got me beat!!! Do things like go outside and sit in the sun for 20 minutes barefooted with your feet on the bare ground. Mentally connect with the Earth. If it gets really bad, get in the water. Take a bath or shower. There are also different gemstones that you can wear to help keep you more earthy and grounded. Dance is great for this too.

Many people's consciousness is expanding, evolving (and 2006 and 2007 will cause many, many, more to) beyond this 3D reality. This process fluctuates so its a little bit of strangness here and there and then back to so-called 'normal' again until the next time it happens, and its happening more and more each week. When we expand out a bit like this we do loose track of this reality and even our ego identity for brief periods, but this is normal. To some this must sound like I've lost my marbles but to others who've already experienced it many times, its rapidly becoming the 'norm'. Now that's something to talk about!!!

But sorehearted, while we're still in this transition phase we need to be careful and as aware of what we're doing as possible. Stay grounded and safe while you're expanding and evolving. You're doing great!
bellydancing3kg.gif

Summery Joy

Thank you all for your responses.

MidnightDevil, I do occasionally smoke :D Sorry if that freaks you out.

Amazon and Angel, well yes I do multi task and it's just part of who I am. I get bored just focusing on one thing at a time. For instance, I never read one book at a time. There has to be two or three books. They take longer to finish but I like it better that way. I have Gemini Asc and Mercury in the 3rd house. Maybe that's why :)

Kite, maybe progressions and transits do affect me, but to be honest, I have always been like this, ever since I was a kid. When I was younger though, I had a photographic memory with books, especially school textbooks. I'd read a chapter once, remember everything written in it and where every line and picture was. I lost that though. I still do remember the weirdest things. Like, I'd forget someone's name and a lot the stuff I have done with them, but I'd remember that when we were once at the beach, they were wearing a blue swinsuit!!!! Things like that, ya know. Meaningless details.

Lapis, I think you are right. I have lots of placements that keep me up in the sky and off the ground. My Pisces South Node makes me such a daydreamer and combined with the amount of thinking I do with the Gemini and Mercury placements, it's just out of own control. Neptune in Sagittarius cannot help but contribute to all of this I guess.

But I never linked being forgetful to being and continueous daydreamer-thinker. It explains the abscence of my mind, but not how incredibly forgetful I am. And it also doesn't explain why I am making a habbit of forgeting my own name (my birth-given name, not my screen name :p ).

Oh well, maybe I'm just over astrologizing about this. It could be something psychological. In my life, I don't like keeping material things. I don't like my heart being clinged to them. I never cared about keeping things for the memory of them, like letters and gifts and stuff. I always get rid of such things whether they are related to good memories or bad. And when there's something that I cannot let go of, I feel trapped. I guess deep inside I just don't want to remember anything and it has finally got to the functioning of my brain.

Anyway, thank you all for your insights. Even if I forget my name, I can never forget this wonderful forum.

Cheers.

MidnightDevil

sorehearted said:
Thank you all for your responses.

MidnightDevil, I do occasionally smoke :D Sorry if that freaks you out.

Amazon and Angel, well yes I do multi task and it's just part of who I am. I get bored just focusing on one thing at a time. For instance, I never read one book at a time. There has to be two or three books. They take longer to finish but I like it better that way. I have Gemini Asc and Mercury in the 3rd house. Maybe that's why :)

Kite, maybe progressions and transits do affect me, but to be honest, I have always been like this, ever since I was a kid. When I was younger though, I had a photographic memory with books, especially school textbooks. I'd read a chapter once, remember everything written in it and where every line and picture was. I lost that though. I still do remember the weirdest things. Like, I'd forget someone's name and a lot the stuff I have done with them, but I'd remember that when we were once at the beach, they were wearing a blue swinsuit!!!! Things like that, ya know. Meaningless details.

Lapis, I think you are right. I have lots of placements that keep me up in the sky and off the ground. My Pisces South Node makes me such a daydreamer and combined with the amount of thinking I do with the Gemini and Mercury placements, it's just out of own control. Neptune in Sagittarius cannot help but contribute to all of this I guess.

But I never linked being forgetful to being and continueous daydreamer-thinker. It explains the abscence of my mind, but not how incredibly forgetful I am. And it also doesn't explain why I am making a habbit of forgeting my own name (my birth-given name, not my screen name :p ).

Oh well, maybe I'm just over astrologizing about this. It could be something psychological. In my life, I don't like keeping material things. I don't like my heart being clinged to them. I never cared about keeping things for the memory of them, like letters and gifts and stuff. I always get rid of such things whether they are related to good memories or bad. And when there's something that I cannot let go of, I feel trapped. I guess deep inside I just don't want to remember anything and it has finally got to the functioning of my brain.

Anyway, thank you all for your insights. Even if I forget my name, I can never forget this wonderful forum.

Cheers.

In any way! How do you think I recognized your post? :p I smoke too! I feel so Neptunus! lol

Me being Pisces I have that memory lapses all the time, can't just focus!
In the coming transits (mercury RX, uranus direct, yada yada yada) it's a mess! Sometimes I can't separed my intellect from my spiritual side lol!

wilsontc

Staff member
Dissolving

heart,

You have many easy connections to Neptune (spirituality, also confusion) focused in the 7th house. As you know, wherever Neptune is focused in a chart, it tends to "dissolve" things around us, breaking down the barriers between "me" and "you" and creating a universal "us". With Neptune breaking down the beariers in relationships. The differences between "you" and "them" become vague, abstract, unimportant. Carried to a more advanced, level the relationships between you and the things around you (size, distance, place, etc.) become "dissolved" into Neptune. The result can be the heights of spiritual connection but a real challenge when trying to find your car in a crowded parking lot! ;)

Dissolving,

Tim

wilsontc

Staff member
Confusion

Midnight,

The composite chart is the chart of the relationship itself. With Neptune in the 7th house (relationships). The people the relationship is around could be confusing, deceptive, spiritual, or possibly deal with drugs. With Neptune placed in the 7th in the composite, take care to ensure the people who are "around" the relationship have the best interests of the relationship in their mind.

Relating confusingly,

Tim