What does it mean when you keep having the same type of dream?

Lissa

Well,I was unsure about where to post this but,since other threads about dreams where posted in this category,I decided to put this here.

The thing is,ever since I was a child,I always had the same type of dream.My dreams are just full of action-I often dream I'm running,being chased,chasing someone or yellig.Even when I'm not chasing or being chased by someone,I'm always running,jumping or yellling for no particular reason.My dreams always have a feeling of danger in the air;I always feel like my life is at stake or like I'm somehow in danger.Seriously,I can only remember one dream where I didn't feel like the world was about to fall on me.I have lots of nightmares and sometimes have the same nightmare repeatedly but with little changes on it(for example:I once dreamed my family was being chased by ghosts in our house;one week later I dreamed my family was being chased by ghosts in my grandmother's house;then,one month later,I dreamed my family was being chased by ghosts in a hotel!).Also,I often don't appear in my body,taking the body of someone unknown instead-it was only about one eyar ago that I started appearing in my dreams with my real life body,but often dream I'm in somebody else's body in my dream,and it's always in the body of someone I never saw before in my life,like someone my mind has created.The most curious thing is,although I feel at danger in my dreams,I rarely wake up scared.

My sleep is anything but quiet.I take a long while to fall asleep.When I do fall asleep,I move a lot and sweat too.Sometimes,I sweat so much that I take out my pijama while sleeping(and then wake up in the middle of the night shivering,realizing my pijama is missing:p ).My bed is placed between a headboard table and a bookshell,but my bed is closer to the table-a regular night of sleep ends up with me almost sleeping in the bookshell:p .My parents say I talk while sleeping,but they say it's impossible to understand what I'm saying.

I can only remember one dream where I didn't feel like the world was gonna fall on me.It was about6years ago(I'm15now),the dream was black and white and took place near a quiet,beautiful lake.I was sitting in a tree,a beautiful boy stood in front of me and we were talking-I don't know what we were talking about but,unlike with my other dreams,I felt so calm,so peaceful...

I always thought dreams have two possible meaning:either they're trying to warn us about important events in the future or they're trying to put us in contact with our subconscious mind,so we can get better knowledgment of ourselves.My dreams have always been like this,so this is definetly my subconscious mind trying to get in contact.But I failed to understand its' message,which is why I'm curious to see if anyone has any insight into this.

So,what exacly is my mind trying to tell me?

Thanks in advance
Lissa

weee11

very intresting, i guess diffrent minds have diffrent type of dreams..
i for example never dreamed in black & white, always in colors, and i never had the same dream repeating itself..
but like you i had lots of dreams with a strong feeling of insecurity in the air, i had dreams where i was inside all the mass and was the only one who still standed.. one of my biggest nightmare i guess, is to be alone.

Themis

hi Lissa, where is your natal Moon? Mine is in the 8th and believe that i understand what you mean. i dreamed every night, every sleep, and even a nap of 5 minute, i wake up from dreams. I dream so much that one day i finished by picking up the "Interpretation of Dreams" by Freud. very interesting book though a bit strange. i think you should read it if you really want to understand a bit better of dreams. since i am in astrology, i even analyse charts in dreams. a recurrent dream can be a message, but i don't really think that you could explain it from a pure astrological angle. nevertheless, i think that during important transits and progressions, significant dreams might come to some people. then, you will have to interpretate it with the special language of dreams. themis

Lissa

Hi Themis!

My natal Moon is in Aries in the3rd.

I want to become a psychologist,so I always wanted to take a look at the "Interpretation of Dreams" by Freud.I took a look at several dream interpretation books,but all the books I read seemed to be more inclined to predict the future reading dreams and,since I've been having this kinds of dreams ever since I was a little child,I feel like the dreams have nothing to do with my future but with my mind itself.Neptune transits would probably cause the person to have significnat dreams or premonitory dreams(I have Neptune transiting trine natal Mars and square natal Pluto right now,which is maybe the reason why I decided to ask for dream interpretation now;hope I can clearly understand the menaing of my dreams now too!).

Sincerely
Lissa

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Hi Lissa,

I have has the same pattern of dreams over and over, night after night, from as early as I can remember until about the time of my Saturn return. Every morning, I hear the dreams my children have had and usually it is the same theme.... fright of some sort... whether it is fighting, falling, vampires, aliens, giants, or even evil santa claus. :eek:

These kinds of dreams are common for most young people. Instead of looking for the spiritual meaning or a type of divination, lets look at the human body and human species. Everything our bodies do are usually related to the propagation of the species. There was a time in our human history that our most vunerable time would be our sleep hours. The reactions we have from these types of dreams triggers the body into the flight or fight syndrome. When in this mode, the autonomic system takes over. Blood is pulled away from our extremities and focused on our major organs. ( may be the cause of numbness or feelings of feet or hands falling asleep) heart beat increases as does blood flow and oxygen through out our systems. Adrenilin will then start infusing into the system. The body will go thru expulsion sometimes, like cutting dead weight, and will cause some to maybe even wet their beds. And, the mind is primed for split second instictual decisions.

How would this benefit us? Well, it may have meant more at one time when a saber toothed tigar might have wondered in the cave you were sleeping in...

Reading Frued's work is a wonderful idea mention above by Themis. The dramas we go through daily can usually be found in his work. And I do think the dreams are telling and why children and young adults are more apt to have nightmares... It is a time we do not feel in control and are instead being controlled by outside circumstances.

TK

Carole

Lissa:

You are having what is called a recurrent dream. Being chased might mean that you have some issue that you haven't been able to resolve or that you feel threatened by some situation. When you are chasing someone then you are trying desperately to confront that situation that overwhelms you. Where is Uranus placed in your chart? Sometimes Uranus in the 8th and in hard aspect with Mercury and/or the Moon can give you bad, strange dreams. Your dreams show that you have a great deal of emotional tension that needs to be released. That happens through your dreams. That's the way your subconscious protects you.

Carole

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
pixiequix said:
I've had night terrors since I was young and only recently have they gotten to the point where it is causing disruption in my life. I have almost like a half & half mix between nightmares and sleep terrors, at least that's been the case lately. I wish I could offer more in the way of advice but I'm still pretty stumped for answers myself. I know that the basic situation is caused by a severe break down of communication between the concious and unconcious minds, but I have yet to find a dependable way to bridge the gap.

There is a method used to break the night terror cycle that has been extremely effective. Have someone wake you up at about 20 minutes after you have fallen asleep for the first time that night. I would guess if you are using an alarm clock... to pad for the extra time to fall asleep. For some reason this disrupts the skip you are doing in sleep cycling.

Good Luck... I know that night terrors are horrific, just watching my daughter having gone through them as a toddler.

TK

Lissa

Hi everyone!

Wintersprite,
Very interesting your post,I never gave it much thought but it makes a lot of sense.I guess some defensive mechanisms that come from the times where the world was still a jungle(well,sometimes it feels like we're starting to live in a 'jungle' again!)are very present in our unconscious minds when we're still young.

But Carole was right on the money.My Uranus in Capricorn in the1st squares my Moon/Mercury conjunction in Aries in the3rd.

I knew what night terrors was,but I didn't know they ocurred in a different phase of the sleep(thanks to Pixiequix for the explanation).My nightmares haven't got to the point of controlling my life but seems like yours are affecting you a awful bit...I don't know what to do to control them but Wintersprite provided some advice,I hope it helps you dealing with the problem!

Lissa