Grand trine, small talent triangle, T square, Mystic Rectangle all in one chart!

fullmoonlibra

I have all these aspect patterns in my chart and I always searched for interpretation per pattern, lately I was wondering if this whole package of dynamism has an influence too. Does it make someone special? Or is it not that exceptional to have more than one aspect pattern in a natal chart?

IleneK

Premium Member
I have all these aspect patterns in my chart and I always searched for interpretation per pattern, lately I was wondering if this whole package of dynamism has an influence too. Does it make someone special? Or is it not that exceptional to have more than one aspect pattern in a natal chart?

The interaction of the various configurations does have a unique influence, based on the interaction of their meanings, but no more than the uniqueness of the individual birth chart itself. In my experience, it is not that exceptional to have more than one aspect pattern in a chart.

piercethevale

It can be a wonderful thing ...it most likely will be to some extent and considering the posts you've written so graciously, and eloquently, you no doubt have these well aspected...harmonious Planetary/Luminary/Node/Chart Axis as well gives much added potential and influence ..esp where M.C. or Asc. are concerned... 3rd house if Mercury is involed and Jupiter or Pluto in the 9th... that sort of thing

I have all that you mention... a Grand Cross and a 'Harmonic/Mystic rectangle that involves my M.C./I.C. the Moon and 5 planets...

fullmoonlibra

Thank you :joyful: *shy*

I would like to post a chart to share my patterns, but my computer broke, so I can't post charts for a while (using mobile now) :pouty:
But if u really really are curious, I think my chart is added in other posts :happy:

For here:

grand trine between Sun (chart ruler, conjunct NN, 9) - AC - Uranus (4)
grand trine between Sun (chart ruler, conjunct NN, 9) - AC - Neptune (5)

Mystic Rectangle: Moon (2) - Mercury (8) - Chiron (in Gemini, 10) - Saturn (4)

T square between Moon (2) - Mercury (8) - Mars/Neptune (focal point, 5)
T square between Chiron (10) - Saturn (4) - Vesta/Jupiter (focal point, 7)

Small talent triangle between Pluto (3) - Jupiter (7) - Mars/Neptune (focal point, 5)

What my impression is, is that the fifth house is very busy. And my Sun is busy too, being conjunct to North Node, being chart ruler and trine AC Leo.. So a lot of Leo activity (or should I say: creativity) is there on a very hidden level.
And I lately came to now that if I increase the orb to 135%, my Sun would be conjunct to MC.. I also have Venus in Taurus conjunct MC (ruler of tenth in tenth, trine to Moon in 2, square AC). So there u have the creative energy again.

I know actually that I'm very gifted in many things, and that I'm very creative, but I'm so in search of myself, I keep looking inwards and I'm still not capable of seeing any light that could show me what I should do with my life. Even choosing a creative field is difficult, so I do nothing (too bad that I have my south node in libra, so I hope I will not waste my talents). And that's also my splash or locomotive chart talking and the anaretic degree of the North Node, which tells me that I'm going to develop to my 'being' very late :wink:

Last edited:

piercethevale

If you have used Placidus then your 12th house cusp is the 30th of Cancer and the Symbol found for the degree of the 12th house cusp symbolically [By the Sabian Symbol, of course...] represents what 'Your Answer to the Worlds most obvious problem [or conspicuous... and by these adjectives I mean that the 'Problem' is obvious or conspicuous to you.
The 30th of Cancer [Rudhyar]:
"A DAUGHTER OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.

KEYNOTE: The prestige and conservatism of a long-maintained heritage.

Here we have a symbol of the proud preservation of socio- cultural values in a tradition. ...

This is the last symbol of the section of the cycle referring mainly to the consolidation and concretization of life urges within a stable form of organization. In many instances the scenes presented picture social activities or events, yet at this stage it is the individual person and the problems attendant upon his development that are primarily considered.

This ... scene [ends] with a keynote of "Consolidation," began with the study of a traditional symbol for personality integration, the Mandala; [the natal position of my Uranus and the degree symbol is so totally the basic description of the Sabain Symbols in their entirety...] it ends with an example of what occurs when the individual chooses a path which totally embodies and glorifies tradition, a path which ends in a [Rudhyar's Keyword{s}] GLORIFICATION OF THE PAST."

I calculate your Part of Fortune to be @ 29* Sag. 16' 05" and the Sabian Symbol for the 30th of Sag. [ibid.]:
"THE POPE, BLESSING THE FAITHFUL.

KEYNOTE: The need to pay homage to traditional values upon which the Invisible Community of the spirit is built.

...The concrete integration of myriads of human individuals within a great religious institution with a long tradition reflects, as well as having produced century after century, an invisible spiritual Community...."

...see? already I've picked up on the '
tenor' [Gestalt] of your natal chart...your basic gist... looking back to tradition ...the best of the past from which to proceed into the future...

Your Desc. ...the 'WHERE-TO" of your chart axis symbolism [your very basic blue print of your present lifes existence...] is the 27th of Aquarius [ibid.]
"AN ANCIENT POTTERY BOWL FILLED WITH FRESH VIOLETS.

KEYNOTE: The importance of traditional skills and artistic values deeply rooted in man's instinctive feelings as frames of reference for man's most authentic emotions.

This symbol contrasts with the preceding one just as personal reticence and a simple love of natural beauty contrast with the rush, gawdiness and intellectual efficiency characterizing so much of our modern existence. Violets have often been considered symbols of modesty and humility — [In a not to long ago past this was the symbolic acme of the perfection of 'Womanhood'... r.e. "Modesty & Humility"]
In this symbol we see pictured the dependence of the purest feelings of natural living upon the traditions within which they find their most adequate and effective setting. It is a symbol of DELICACY OF FEELING."

...there it is again...reference to the 'Past' ...and Rudhayr specifically stated "The importance of tradition.... deeply rooted frame of reference ...

...so much emphasis on the 'past' for you fml { I am willing to wager 'Dollars to Donuts' that a number of the Astrological Parts will be in degrees of the Zodiac with similar symbolism....seems that the Creator/The Cosmos wants you to do some reminiscing...or study about the past...

...and now here's "The Rub"...bub

PS...OUCH...I made a BOO BOO ...your Part of Fortune is the 30th of Cap not Sag... just disregard what I wrote about your PoF above.... terribly sorry...my bad ...ptv...

Last edited:

piercethevale

..the 'Rub' being that your M.C. which Sabian Symbol is representative of "HOW" you are to make the transition from "WHO" to "WHERE-TO" if you consider yourself to be a evolving spiritually oriented person [for Agnostics and Atheists ...the M.C. represents the "WHY" of your chart axis message... and the I.C. is to be considered the "HOW"....]

your M.C @ the 16th of Taurus [ibid.]
"AN OLD TEACHER FAILS TO INTEREST HIS PUPILS IN TRADITIONAL KNOWLEDGE.

KEYNOTE: The inadequacy of past knowledge in time of crisis.

[this symbolism] of the cyclic process the emergence of new developments is emphasized. In time of crisis — ... — the type of wisdom learned from this past remains in the background to be revived later on in new forms; what is emphasized is change. Traditional concepts are not adequate to confirm the new conditions of existence. Thus whenever this symbol comes to a seeker's attention it indicates that even the most consecrated tradition does not have the real answer to the problem.

At this ... stage of the... sequence of phases of the cyclic process, a seemingly negative picture is shown. From the Zen point of view the mind facing trouble should not depend on past concepts but should repeat: "Not this! Not that!" — until the pure Void is reached. We might speak here of the principle of [Rudhyar's Keyword{s}] CREATIVE FRUSTRATION."

and...toss in this...your natal Sun in the 5th of Taurus [ibid.]
"A WIDOW AT AN OPEN GRAVE.

KEYNOTE: The impermanence of all material and social bonds.

"...
...This ... conclusive stage of the sequence [of Sabian Symbols] ...opens the door to self-renewal. Beyond... personal attachment ... the possibility of participating in a larger sphere of existence.... [but, this 'opportunity'] rarely manifests itself [unless... ] one is ready to [Rudhyar's Keyword{s}]DISCARD THE PAST."

your Part of Destiny [M.C. + Sun - Moon] calcs. to 12* Sag. 29' ...i.e the 13th of Sag. [ibid.]
"A WIDOW'S PAST BROUGHT TO LIGHT.
KEYNOTE: The karma of past actions as it affects opportunities presented by a new cycle."

...I sure do say that you've got a LOT GOING ON' with things of the past...

...Chiron also joins the list of witnesses for the defense... @ the 12th of Gemini [ibid.]
"A NEGRO GIRL FIGHTS FOR HER INDEPENDENCE IN THE CITY.

KEYNOTE: Liberation from the ghosts of the past."

...it's as if the healing attributes of Chiron are needed to assuage and are being put to the task to remedy the inevitable sting of the tension between those symbols telling you to rely or look to the 'Past' and those symbols telling you to not utilize them and to forget what is past... the Cosmos has 'Set You Up' in a most certainly obvious way in what must be an attempt to get you to develop those very attributes/proclivities that Quintiles bestow..the ability to proceed out of best the past has to offer and find that 'creative genius' that creates a new form ...that is so different from anything before yet was the very product of it... 'That', ...and your inspiration...

your Part of Intelligence at the 3rd of Gemini is about developing new applications and new methods and approaches to the future from an intellect based, taught and developed from a time honored formalism...

your Part of Imagination at the 29th of Aquarius [which I say should be titled Part of Higher Intuition as it is Asc. + Cusp 11th - Uranus {as Uranus is about that which comes from an exterior source ...transmitted to your subconscious and if you are attuned ...then manifests itself as something that one might regard as having sprung from the 'imagination'...}] ...the symbol is all about taking from the past and reforming it for the future...

Uranus will provide much of this 'Inspiration from the symbolism for the 23rd of Sag. and so does Neptune at the 6th of Cap.

...also your Part of Sudden Advancement @ the 18th of Virgo... Part of Spirit @ 25th of Pisces [a fav. of mine of all the Sabians... it's a 'Bell Ringer'... Ring-a-ding-ding....]
Part of Transformation @ 8th of Leo [WOW!]
Part of Eros 28th of Libra... [the opposite degree of my Mercury and the focal point of my Semi Quintile YOD that my Mercury is the focus of... what a beautiful Sabian ...and it is those qualities that you seek for in those you meet as you give it prerequisite authority as the number one criteria in regards to who makes the cut and becomes one of your closest associates...

...I could go on.... I hope the rest of my calcs were error free... I am a bit distracted today [hence my earlier mistake regarding your PoF...
I encourage you to calculate more of the Astrological Parts...watch your progressed natal in regards to the Sabians that develop..and do progressed Parts also...[yes, they are valid...]

fullmoonlibra

Thank you so much! I am actually very interested in the lots, so I started to search to some. For example: I have saturn transit to my lot of fame right now, so that gives me lots of infame I guess, or letting me feel that way at least.

And I think I just discovered another grand trine:

Moon-venus-part of fortune..
Am I exagerating :lol:?

piercethevale

Thank you so much! I am actually very interested in the lots, so I started to search to some. For example: I have saturn transit to my lot of fame right now, so that gives me lots of infame I guess, or letting me feel that way at least.

And I think I just discovered another grand trine:

Moon-venus-part of fortune..
Am I exagerating :lol:?
I've never heard of the 'Part of Fam'..could you please provide the 'formula"?
Thanks, ptv

piercethevale

Okay... I believe you mean Asc. + Jupiter - Sun..[for the AM] and that is sometimes called the Part of Fame...but the overwhelming consensus and every chart I've ever analyzed has concurred to it being about Increase and Benefits [$$$]...but, if you do manage to get hellaciously rich ...usually, fame does follow...
..I only use day formulas for all Parts... I've yet to find one that does work in reverse..but I haven't investigated them all yet, either...

... so, getting back to the reverse formula... Asc. + Sun - Jupiter ...that is a Part I've rarely seen used and the only 'title' I know of for it is 'Accomplishment'...as the first formula provides 'Increase' without regard to merit, [like 'Passing Go, and Collecting $200.00]..then the latter formula would suggest that this is where ones 'actions, efforts, so forth, are to find the way of least resistance as to obtaining recognition and reward.

..it does have a very obscure second title and that is the Part of Histories and Science ...most likely, because, that's what was the field of endeavors that had been noted to be the accomplishments of a majority of the persons birth chart that had been analyzed... [as it's the charts of the rich, the great minds, the great Generals, Kings, Presidents that are most analyzed and observed... not to mention written about...]
I have an ongoing thread on Astrological Parts in the 'Degree Symbols' sub forum... I'm trying to create the most complete listing available on the internet...
[here] http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39338
I'm also [very likely] going to write a book on Sabian Symbology and Astrological Parts... as, as far as I know...I'm the first to have noted and written about the fact that the Parts are 'symbolically active' ... and between all the threads I have in this forum and the many examples I've gotten from other members that they concurred as to with what I explained to them as to a Part in question from their chart and how the symbol was of actual symbolic affect.. [and from those examples I wrote about in my first book ...although I'm not going to bring anything about my 'proposed' true birth chart of the Man from Nazareth into this next book as I want it to be of the widest appeal and possible acceptance.]....I've got plenty to write about for a book of average size [...two to three hundred pages...I figure... I'm only going to cover about 10 Parts though...maybe more in the future ..If I live long enough.]
I'm envisioning what may be someday recognized as 'The Ultimate - Self Help Book.' ..actually, If and when Astrological knowledge ever gets rectified to somewhere near if not total complete and true knowledge, that's what this 'Science' truly is... the ultimate self help tool.
Thanks for the link... if you know of any more please send them my way...
much obliged ... ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

...you might want to take a look at what is known as the 'Part of Success'...Asc. + Jupiter - Part of Fortune ...and, I do so recommend that you stick with the 'Day Formula' fr the PoF...but, it's your call.
I haven't worked with this Part yet, thus I can't vouch for it... but, if it 'rings true' for you let us know... it would be great to get a testimonial on this Part for my 'Parts Thread'...thanks, ptv

...ps...my Part of Success is the 22nd of Leo..and the Sabian symbol does go along with everything else in my chart ...who I am...what I could be if I were to apply myself 100%...[I guess]... It may be telling me that, 'THAT', would be the only success the Cosmos/Creator would recognize for me...

22* Leo [Rudhyar] "A CARRIER PIGEON FULFILLING ITS MISSION.

KEYNOTE: Spirituality, in terms of training for service to mankind.
...The "release" of higher energies becomes effective and valuable to the extent to which it serves a higher, but concrete and definite, purpose. This is the ideal of the WORLD SERVER."

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

Very interesting about the part of succes!
There are two versions of them, and you are recommending that I use the AM version? But I was born at 2.30PM. From where the logic to use the AM version?

I have calculated both anyway.
The AM version says that my Part of succes is at 11.16 degrees in Libra.
This is just between the second and the third house (one degree before the third house actually) conjunct my moon in second.
And woww!! Now I understand my difficult times at University that took two years of my life and made it miserable to me to accept my failure at the end, and took also my selfworth! Saturn transit passed it! But still: I changed from University and I don't feel any progress (saturn transit is on my south node conjunct pluto now, opposite sun in ninth).

The PM version shows the part of succes at cancer 12.20 degrees in the 11th house. That's interesting too. Because that's the degree where I can form a kite AND grand cross when there is a transit to. Natally I have a T square and a small talent triangle with focal points in fifth house.
Soon, Jupiter transit will cross this degree together with Mars. I'm excited about it! Even more than now, with Jupiter transit to my Venus, conjunct MC (nothing much happened with these, just a few art exhibiton opportunities, that's all. i was hoping for recognition as an artist, but I didn't prepare anything, because no time from school :/).

So if something happens when Jupiter crosses the PM version of the Part of Succes, I'll let you know. More confusion then. Saturn transit to the one, and Jupiter to the other one.. So funny..

So you are a writer :love: ?
Hopely I'm going to become one too. A creative writer :wink:.
Lucky you, for having your part of succes at Leo! Are you famous and aren't telling :w00t:?

Last edited:

piercethevale

I'm not quite following you. The Day formula is what is used by some when the Sun Is above the horizon of your chart. The Sun can be below the horizon in either the AM or The PM.
I'm recommending using only the formula for the Part of Fortune, Asc. + Moon - Sun. I did a reading with my trusted clairvoyant friend, Clarisse, some years back on this...she said regardleass of the time of day the formula I just gave here is the only one to use.
Thus if you are saying you used that formula for the PoF in a calc. for your Part of Success [Asc. + Jupiter - PoF] and get 11* Libra 16' then you have Part of Success in the 12th deg. of Libra ...and the Sabian Symbol is [Rudhyar]:
"MINERS ARE SURFACING FROM A DEEP COAL MINE.

KEYNOTE: The need to carry on at ever-deeper levels the quest for knowledge which keeps burning the fires of the collective mind of a society.

The search for knowledge demands the dedication of many minds digging ever deeper into the realities of our earthly existence. It is a hard, often dark pursuit amidst great difficulties and the possibility of being spiritually asphyxiated by the constant intellectual effort and tension. When a person is confronted by this symbol it could be interpreted as showing the need for such an intellectual dedication but also as pointing to the advisability of emerging from it and leading a more natural life....
...[Rudhyar's] Keyword: EXTRACTION."

...sounds to me Saturn was emphasizing the 'emerging' part of the message at that time... But, your 'Success' is all about 'Intellectual Pursuits'...
..did you finish your degree? ...If not, I do recommend it... you can figure out the best time...but, in reality, intellectual growth never [should] cease.

Now the other formula would be a 'Part' ..but as for what I know of it...it is an unknown 'Part'... [As what you were using was, Asc. + Jupiter - Part of Spirit ...if anybody knows of a 'Part/Lot' that bears this formula, please share your knowledge with us.

piercethevale

...and then again...maybe the symbol is saying that your 'Success' is dependent upon striking a balance between deep study and taking a break from it... you know yourself best, and when you comprehend what it exactly means to you...let us know ...you are the explorer at the edge of the frontier on this one.
May it be a 'Success-ful Journey'.
ptv