Stars beside Procyon in my chart?

JUPITERASC

Thanks so much!!!!!! I have some questions to ask. I am not currently living in my country. So I should still use my natal chart or the new relocation chart with the new positioned fixed stars?

And what is the difference between fixed stars and asteroids? For example, Vertex, Chiron, Juno vs the fixed stars? What have more influence in the chart?
“...Most stars are between 1 billion and 10 billion years old. Some stars may even be close to 13.7 billion years old—the observed age of the universe. The oldest star yet discovered, HE 1523-0901, is an estimated 13.2 billion years old.

The more massive the star, the shorter its lifespan, primarily because massive stars have greater pressure on their cores, causing them to burn hydrogen more rapidly. The most massive stars last an average of a few million years, while stars of minimum mass (red dwarfs) burn their fuel very slowly and last tens to hundreds of billions of years...”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star

The sun of our solar system is tiny in comparison to massive 'fixed stars' because, even though these stars are commonly hundreds of light years distant - and sometimes billions of light years away - they are nevertheless clearly visible in night skies as tiny points of light. We call them stars but they are actually suns

IN CONTRAST astroids are simply pieces of rock :smile:

Zarathu

Account Closed
“...Most stars are between 1 billion and 10 billion years old. Some stars may even be close to 13.7 billion years old—the observed age of the universe. The oldest star yet discovered, HE 1523-0901, is an estimated 13.2 billion years old.

The more massive the star, the shorter its lifespan, primarily because massive stars have greater pressure on their cores, causing them to burn hydrogen more rapidly. The most massive stars last an average of a few million years, while stars of minimum mass (red dwarfs) burn their fuel very slowly and last tens to hundreds of billions of years...”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star

The sun of our solar system is tiny in comparison to massive 'fixed stars' because, even though these stars are commonly hundreds of light years distant - and sometimes billions of light years away - they are nevertheless clearly visible in night skies as tiny points of light. We call them stars but they are actually suns

IN CONTRAST astroids are simply pieces of rock :smile:

Depends on how you perceive astrology and the energies of the universe, as well as the spiritual development of the universe.

If you believe that each Sun is the evidence of a great Heavenly Being who by HIS existance manifests the whole of the solar system which is his Being, then the energy that He sends out in great Streams the wherewithall that we littles ones live and move and have our being, then what is within HIS ring-pass-not is the primarry movers for use. Planets likewise are also represeantions of great Planetary Beings(except for our moon which is a dead planet without a Logoi since it represents a failed scheme), and supported by the light and energy of the GREAT Solar Logos have their own energies. Other objects such as asteroids do not have an energy by themselves. But what they do have is a distrubance in the flow, and these disturbances cause eddies and islands of energy which influence the flow of the energies in the Solar Ring-pass-not.

Thus other stars which are sometimes suns an sometimes really whole galaxies do have influence on our energies in the solar Ring-Pass-Not, but they are external energies which are somewhat alien to the goals and flows of our own Solar Logos.

This makes them an exterior force which has to be accounted for after all the elements of our own Ring-Pass-Not are accounted for. An anology would be that other people affect house you act, but other people don't affect how your kidneys work, or how the blood flow moves in your own body. Our solar system is like the manifesting body of you and I. Certainly energies that impact us can impact our individual cells and organs(organs are like the Planetary Logoi in a solar system), such as having radiation treatments.

But these energies are directed by our own Solar Logos to specific issues. We must look first to our own bodies and groups of cells and organs as the first movers to how we understand our actions and the actions on our own cells. Obviously what I eat is more significant to me that the radio waves that come through me from an exteroir source.

As above, so below.

And I chose to differ with you.

JUPITERASC

dr. farr

IN the OP's reference chart, the following star connections (at least of the more well known stars) via conjunctions in longitude with several planets and other horoscopic points, are present: remember not only do we look at the interpretations of the star + planet (or other horoscopic point) but we must also consider that the star connection channels some of the influences of the constellation of which it is a part, into the chart through that connection:

-ascendant connects with Seginus, and channels influences of the constellation Bootes into the chart
-Jupiter connects with Vindemiatrix (as mentioned in earlier posts), but also with the star Caphir, and they channel the influences of the constellation of Virgo into the chart (through the Jupiter connection)
-the Sun connects with Ras Algethi, and channels in the influences of the constellation Hercules
-the Part of Fortune connects with the stars Almach and Menkar, channeling in the influences of Andromeda via Almach and those of the constellation Cetus, through Menkar
-as the OP mentions, Mars connects with Procyon and the influences of the Lesser Dog constellation (Canis Minor)
-the MC (as also mentioned above) connects with Canopus, and channels in the influences of the Great Ship constellation (Argo Navis) (note that the star Canopus culminates in this chart)

herokangta

I didn't know about Almach, Ras Algethi, Seginus in my chart. Thanks so much!!!!! :D Couldn't find interpretations with respect to the planets on the website.

I think I also got, according to my research:

- Agena conjunct Mercury/Pluto

- Sirius conjunct MC ( The orb is 1, not sure it counts)

- Vega conjunct Uranus. ( orb 1)

I'm trying to find interpretations for the stars position, but for the Part of Fortune, should I interpret that the same as Moon?

I am not a fan of Vindemiatrix! :( It signifies the death of the life partner. I hope it just only signifies troubles with law and many journeys!!

Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes; Sirius is also in longitudinal conjunction with the MC, only when this close relationship exists (in longitude) with 2 stars, I tend to primarily delineate the closer of the 2 to the exact point: this is where we have a drawback in only using longitude (along the ecliptic)-bringing in declination can make a differentiation between 2 stars in close longitude to a horoscopic point possible, and beyond that we can further look at parallels in latitude (called "celestial latitude")
This declination and latitude information can be found on the pdf supplement charts available on astro.com in their free horoscopes section and is available for all charts.
Star declinations (and latitudes) are available in specific lists @ constellationsofwords.com

herokangta

"only when this close relationship exists (in longitude) with 2 stars" What do you mean by this? I'm sorry I don't understand much of what you wrote :( So what is the difference between Canopus and Sirius? Do u mean only Canopus conjunct MC, not Sirius? I still don't get your conclusion. I'm sorry for asking too many questions!! :D

Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes both stars are in longitudinal conjunction with the MC-I consider Canopus to be the closer of the two, and (for me) I would give the greater influence to that star.
Note: delineation of star connections is an advanced field in astrology, and requires study of the several books available on this often difficult subject-so, don't feel overwhelmed!!

herokangta

I have an off- topic question, about my ruler of 7th house which is Mars is retrograde. So does it affect 7th house? If yes, in what ways? One friend who studied Modern Astrology told me it affect mostly my 10th house. I don't know about Tradition Astrology!

And Firdaria? Is it too difficult for a newbie like me?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I have an off- topic question, about my ruler of 7th house which is Mars is retrograde. So does it affect 7th house? If yes, in what ways? One friend who studied Modern Astrology told me it affect mostly my 10th house. I don't know about Tradition Astrology!
You commented earlier that you have an interest in all forms of astrology and also now you have highlighted the topic of retrograde planets so I shall briefly mention that ancient Hellenistic astrologers had an interesting way of interpreting retrograde planets. Discussion at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43920&page=6
Two thousand years ago practicing astrologer Vettius Valens wrote his "Anthology" of the astrological practices of his predecessors as well as of his own time. Vettius Valens translation is freely available online at this link http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Vettius Valens tells us that
when a planet is in the interval of first station to second station (i.e. retrograde), the planet is "not fit to conduct its business" because it is described as “walking backwards”.

IN CONTRAST

When a planet is making a Station
and/or phasis, it is not only capable of appearing but is also intensified as Robert Schmidt of Project Hindsight says, Phasis means “making an appearance” or “sudden dramatic showing of something”. It can also mean “something that speaks” or “an appearance that speaks”.

So, two thousand years ago, astrologers considered a Retrograde planet as "walking backwards" and therefore unable to work well.

EXCEPT under the special circumstances when that planet makes a station and is for example, stationary Retrograde
, then that planet is intensified because it is "making an appearance" and "dramatically showing something"

IMO then, based on these ancient ideas, one could say that
a stationary Retrograde planet is dramatically drawing our attention to something.....
:smile:
Another thread with plenty of information on retrograde planets generally is at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=374327#post374327
...And Firdaria? Is it too difficult for a newbie like me?
Everyone learning astrology began learning somewhere so in that sense if one perseveres then one soon discovers that what once seemed difficult begins to be easier so the answer is to keep practicing and learning