Norse Astrology - Franz Josef Stern

I practice Norse Astrology, an exciting alternative to traditional Greco-Roman astrology. Feel free to check out my web site, www.althoroscopes.com, to learn more about it.

This new discipline is a valid alternative if you are of Northern or Central European heritage, or if you are dissatisfied with Greco-Roman astrology.

Some of the more important features of Norse Astrology are:

• It is based in the 24 historic Norse runes, which provide more detailed descriptions than 12 signs.
  • The 8 houses are based on the ancient pagan solar wheel, reflecting the sun's daily and yearly path.
  • The gender-balanced planet energies are embodiments of the Norse pantheon.

Though I provide "hand-written" personalized natal horoscopes, I suggest that you first acquire a computerized version. The automated versions are more affordable (starting at $19.95), and you receive them immediately via email. My web site shows sample pages from the natal horoscopes of entertainer Michael Jackson and German chancellor Angela Merkel. There are also brief summaries about the Norse natal horoscopes of other public figures.

The full automated version addresses over 60 topics, such as "Are you a saver or a spender?", and, unlike any other automated natal horoscope, it shows you the reasoning behind that conclusion.

Please check out Alt Horoscopes, LLC. I think that you will like what you see.

All the best,
Franz Josef Stern

juicey J.

Banned
Well you show on your site you know nothing about Hellenistic tropical astrology. Tropical astrology isn't based on the constellations its based on set points such as the tropics named after the constellations (ta duh, hence the NAME!!!!) and if you knew anything about the histrory of hellenestic astrology you would know even way back when the signs weren't exactly aligned with the constellations but they weren't meant to be. NO, we don't (as you erroneously mention on your site) assume the constellations are 30 degrees equal (we're not idiots and know there not) but our system is based on the sacred 360 degree perfect circle. Vedic astrology is also based on the 360 degree perfect circle but the signs are much more alignment to the constellations they are named after and not set points of the earth such as the tropics. Also, we have house system equal in length and have had them for thousands of years.

Last edited:

juicey J.

Banned
Well you show on your site you know nothing about Hellenistic tropical astrology. Tropical astrology isn't based on the constellations its based on set points such as the tropics named after the constellations. NO, we don't (as you erroneously mention on your site) assume the constellations are 30 degrees equal (we're not idiots and know there not) but are system is based on the sacred 360 degree perfect circle. Vedic astrology is also based on the 360 degree perfect circle but the signs are much more alignment to the constellations they are named after and not set points of the earth such as the tropics.

...the concept of norse astrology sounds interesting.

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
In Norse astrology, the eight houses are of equal size (45°). They correspond to the eight stations of the sun during the day and year. These solar stations have been recognized by pagan and heathen cultures for millennia.

• Night House – Midnight – Winter Solstice
  • Night East House – 3:00 AM – Imbolc
  • East House – Dawn – Spring Equinox
  • Day East House – 9:00 AM – Beltane
  • Day House – Noon – Summer Solstice
  • Day West House – 3:00 PM – Lammas
  • West House – Dusk – Autumnal Equinox
  • Night West House – 9:00 PM – Samhain
The attributes of these houses become clear when we consider the two dimensions that underlie this circle: Day vs. Night, and East vs. West. Day represents our total engagement with the world, and what we achieve. Night represents our withdrawal from the world, and the essence that remains when all else has been stripped from us. East represents the internal enthusiasm and pleasure which draws us into the world. West represents that which opposes and challenges us.

Frank Josef Stern

dr. farr

Historically, an 8 house chart (octotropis is what the Greeks called it) was sometimes used in medical astrology, as late as the early Reformation period.
In ancient Greek astrology there was, apparently, some use of an octotropis chart in connection with the Part of Fortune (that is, a Fortunata chart composed of 8 houses, the POF being in the 1st house, each house covering 45 degrees of the circle) However, there is some historical controversy regarding just how extensive the use of octotropic charts really was among the early Greco-Romans: see a discussion of this topic in the editorial introduction to Manilius "Astronomica"; note that this discussion is primarily of an academic nature, not among astrologers or those like us who follow astrology as a valid art and science. Pretty much the consensus is that octotropic charts were not very common among the Greco-Romans, and as I stated above, they were mostly connected with Fortunata charts.

Nexus7

Sounds intriguing, though it is not clear from an immediate glance, which Norse planetary symbol might relate to the planets we already know and understand.

piercethevale

Historically, an 8 house chart (octotropis is what the Greeks called it) was sometimes used in medical astrology, as late as the early Reformation period.
In ancient Greek astrology there was, apparently, some use of an octotropis chart in connection with the Part of Fortune (that is, a Fortunata chart composed of 8 houses, the POF being in the 1st house, each house covering 45 degrees of the circle) However, there is some historical controversy regarding just how extensive the use of octotropic charts really was among the early Greco-Romans: see a discussion of this topic in the editorial introduction to Manilius "Astronomica"; note that this discussion is primarily of an academic nature, not among astrologers or those like us who follow astrology as a valid art and science. Pretty much the consensus is that octotropic charts were not very common among the Greco-Romans, and as I stated above, they were mostly connected with Fortunata charts.
Very interesting Dr. farr...you always come up with a 'thread' leading to something that needs unraveling:wink:....the eight point matrix is one abit beyond the duties of the Magen David ..the six point matrix...it has to do with active duty and leadership and inspiration...which...well, DANG...is sooooo POF in it's nature....I LIKE THIS LEAD>>>The Plot is afoot!