Ruler of the 10th house in the 8th: constant career change?

bittermoon

I have the ruler of my 10th house in my 8th. I have switched 'careers' numerous times. I've had lots of different jobs; from cook to journalist to corporate wage slave to writer and photographer to 'something' in design marketing.

However, you could also look at it as having the ability to make or undergo changes. Or being able to receive money from 'others' to help you in your career.

When I had my chart done, I was told I'd make an excellent private detective. I think so, too. Perhaps that will be next ;)

Last edited:

queenfluff

I asked about this a while back about my own chart. I have changed careers countless times and now about to do it again.

here is my thread:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26922

Esp. what stuck with me was Bob's post here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224321&postcount=5

Where he says "People who have Mutable Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius, Virgo or Pisces) or Bicorporeal Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces) on the 2nd, 6th or 10th House often switch careers, sometimes more than once."

bittermoon

I asked about this a while back about my own chart. I have changed careers countless times and now about to do it again.

here is my thread:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26922

Esp. what stuck with me was Bob's post here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224321&postcount=5

Where he says "People who have Mutable Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius, Virgo or Pisces) or Bicorporeal Signs (Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces) on the 2nd, 6th or 10th House often switch careers, sometimes more than once."

I'll blame my erratic resume on Sagittarius, then :)

queenfluff

I'll blame my erratic resume on Sagittarius, then :)

I blame my chart too. I have my Virgo Sun in the 10th (house of work) and I have Mars and Moon in Sagittarius. Mars in my 2nd house. ugh..

So, yeah, I am pretty Mutable (changable!). Isn't it a pain sometimes?

bittermoon

I blame my chart too. I have my Virgo Sun in the 10th (house of work) and I have Mars and Moon in Sagittarius. Mars in my 2nd house. ugh..

So, yeah, I am pretty Mutable (changable!). Isn't it a pain sometimes?

It is a pain sometimes, I agree. But at least I have personally found out what I don't want to do career-wise :)

Having my natal chart done has been very helpful. I have a better understanding of why I couldn't deal with my otherwise pretty cushy job in the financial industry. I hate being told what to do every waking second of the day. While a lot of my colleagues apparently found some sort of 'comfort' in being micro-managed, the only comfort I found was in the nice, steady paycheque (I have Saturn in my 2nd House - Taurus).

EJ53

Banned
sorry I meant ruler of the 10th mercury in 8th. I used the placidus chart instead of the equal.
So...we are looking at ruler of Virgo/10th (Mercury) in 8th Equal House...(and 7th Placidus House, where it is close enough to the cusp to be regarded as "in the 8th").
____________________​
On page 268 of Rulers of the Horoscope, Alan Oken states that "ruler of 10th in 8th" indicates a person who can pick themself up after a fall, wisely use the experience of that failure, and continue to make an even greater success of life.

But how well they are able to do this depends upon the relationship between (plus the astrological "condition" of) the 10th/8th house rulers...and the signs on those house cusps...

...You have Mercury ruling Scorpio/10th...residing in Cancer/8th; making a (very favourable) 9th harmonic aspect with the Moon/ruler of the latter in Taurus/6th and (apart from the Mercury/Neptune opposition) neither planet is badly aspected...(In fact, Mercury trine Pluto in Scorpio/11th and Moon sextile Sun in Cancer/8th actually reinforce your regenerative ability.)...

Thus...you have the emotional resilience to turn any failure (or change of circumstances) into success...provided afflicted Neptune in Capricorn/1st doesn't persuade you not to put in the hard work needed to do so.

EJ​

Inconjunct

In the chart posted here, you have the ruler of the 10th in the 7th, but in the Equal house system, it would be in the 8th. So we can perhaps consider it to have an influence in both houses. I don't think this necessarily would mean many career changes but it might indicate a need to be involved in collaborative ventures (7th) and an ability to reinvent yourself, to throw off the old and start afresh (8th).

aystro

Thank you for the comments. The house ruler bit is more complicated than I thought hehe. I noticed yesterday how much the equal chart was WAY more like me than placidus. IN particular Neptune from the 1st , now in the 2nd and mars in the 8th , now in the 9th (equal system ) and also pluto goes in the 12th instead of the 11th , makes much more sense to me as well.

queenfluff

It is a pain sometimes, I agree. But at least I have personally found out what I don't want to do career-wise :)

Having my natal chart done has been very helpful. I have a better understanding of why I couldn't deal with my otherwise pretty cushy job in the financial industry. I hate being told what to do every waking second of the day. While a lot of my colleagues apparently found some sort of 'comfort' in being micro-managed, the only comfort I found was in the nice, steady paycheque (I have Saturn in my 2nd House - Taurus).

Very true. Funny I liked and did well at all my different careers but they just seemed to work only at those certain times in my life for different reasons or another. I do know that I do not like careers that are too "business-y". Everything is too cold, stiff and impersonal - no fun ever. It is like working with a people made out of cardboard. ugh.

Yep I loved my big paycheck when I worked in IT (actually that was one of the main reasons I went into it) but I only like certain parts of it- if it gets to "businessy" I start to cringe. I couldn't have a job that is all "meetings" all the time.