If I have a strong Uranus, why I am so obsessive?

virgo18

Well I cant figure why I am so possessive and jealous with all things in my life, also I tend to be obsessive, but my obsessions doesn't last too long. They are intense but I jump from an obsession from another.

I have strong Uranus, also with bad aspects. I am suposedly be a more careless person.... And I am not at all
Uranus (ruler of my 3rd) in my 1st house....makes independent careless
Uranus square Sun
Uranus square mars
Uranus square Mercury
Uranus sextile Venus
Uranus square Juno
Saturn conjunction Uranus
Jupiter(chart ruler) opposition Uranus

I have lots of pluto aspects but they are not hard.
Moon opposition Pluto...
Venus conjunct Pluto....
Jupiter in the 8th(chart ruler) trine pluto
Saturn and Neptune sextile pluto...

Additionally I am Virgo with sun in the 10th house... does that makes me a controller? Sagittarius Ascendant, I am a freedom lover, I dont like to do what other people tell me. But I get ill when others don't do what I say.

Last edited:

Lin

Moon opp. Pluto is a "hard" aspect.

However, if you want to find the obsessive compulsive stuff, look for connections of Neptune, Moon, Pluto.
Uranus square "set you up" and make you vulnerable to the above energies...esp. Neptune.
Can we see your chart?
LIN

Joseph Astrologer

uranus rules aquarius, and this is a fixed sign. this can explain the seemingly fixated rises that you mention, but also the sudden falls of these as well. Uranus energy is like a lighten bolt, fast - intense & focused, but also gone before you know it :)

Inside Out Orange

Have to say that your description of being obsessive, but that they don't last long seem familiar to me. I have Aquarius Mars trine Libra Uranus - I put full effort into things for about 6 weeks then move onto the next thing. Also I have Mercury in Virgo (square by Saturn&Neptune) - I can obsess over the details.

Jealousy that's an emotion so what sign is your moon in? Where's your mercury placed? What's in your second/fourth/eighth houses. It would be easier if you gave us your chart to look at.

Last edited:

Caro

isnt this about the saturn conjunction.............
depending on the sign saturn can produce jealousy/or feelings of lack. I have noticed this with those I know who have saturn in taurus.(in this case it relates to money/possessions that they lack)
so is saturn dominating here?.
which sign did you say saturn/uranus are in - I know it is your first house so is that sagi or scorpio?.

Welcome to AW,

we are all visual people and need to see charts. My guess Saturn conj Uranus - hardwork, conventional attitudes v freedom and independence - constant struggle....

Welcome to the World of Astrology!
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14561

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Beginning to Study Astrology
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154469&postcount=10
http://www.soulhealing.com/tutorialwest.htm
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-glyphs.php

How to attach a chart as thumbnail
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

what members like to see in a thread – help forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25930

ATTENTION PLEASE to new members!
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19968

May I suggest you read the 'welcome to the world of astrology’ and other ---sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc. At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines & tips

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234549&postcount=7
Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2

queenfluff

I am kind of like this too. I will have many different projects going at once and when I get a new one in mind I get obsessive about it for a while but sometimes will not finish on it and put it aside. I do often come back to it to finish - one day - but I can get a bit to obsessive with stuff.

I also to not like to be told what to do.

From what I have read, this comes from my Mars in Sagittarius. I also have several square to my Mars (my Mars has the most squares in my chart) one of theme being square to Uranus.

I have a Mars square Pluto which means I do not tolerate dominating attitude in others and I will fight back against when someone tries to tell me what to do in a domineering way. It pisses me off. :)

I am also a Virgo Sun in the 10th and yes, I hate it when I am not in control of things. :)

Joseph Astrologer

queen fluff, re: your squares, one approach i use in interpretations is to suggest to the person that the square is about smoothing out the angles in it, & yes this may take more than one go, but eventually they transform into harmonious and wise circles! :)

queenfluff

queen fluff, re: your squares, one approach i use in interpretations is to suggest to the person that the square is about smoothing out the angles in it, & yes this may take more than one go, but eventually they transform into harmonious and wise circles! :)

Oh, yes, I know! I hate reading the descriptions about my squares because I think "Dam, I am like that...sometimes. grrr...what to do?" I know one must work on those squares. But at least there are not oppositions! That is even more dizzying! I find that some times I can "curb" those squares and sometimes I can't obviously. I think that some of those squares are so ingrained and when someone comes along that irritates any of my squares - it is hard to control! :) Its like... Don't rub my squares the wrong way and I can make them more circular! :) hehe

I noticed all my oppositions are with my True Node or my Chiron.

Joseph Astrologer

I did notice that, which i must say is interesting. A stand out quality to your chart is your north node pisces in the fourth house (using the equal house system), and it being close to your IC. One could say that your life affirming energy of getting in touch with your emotions and sensitivity is partly about fulfilling past life energy (indicated by your Pisces IC). But with your strong virgo energy high in your chart, this may pull you into being driven for perfection, organized order or high standards of success. I guess the way i see it is that your lesson is to be more gentle on yourself and others when it comes to developing compassionate wisdom re: the basic building blocks (cancer theme) which bind us all on this Earth journey :)

Last edited:

Claire19

Yes we need a chart please.

Moon opposing Pluto is a classic obsessive aspect. Venus conjunct Pluto can be too. Actually all Pluto contact involve obsession
and intensity but the easier ones such as sextile are more easily handled and constructively channelled.

Last edited:

Claire19

isnt this about the saturn conjunction.............
depending on the sign saturn can produce jealousy/or feelings of lack. I have noticed this with those I know who have saturn in taurus.(in this case it relates to money/possessions that they lack)
so is saturn dominating here?.
which sign did you say saturn/uranus are in - I know it is your first house so is that sagi or scorpio?.
Saturn doesnt really relate to obsession but a feeling of a fear of lack and insecurity. It can be used for great strength and maturity if handled well. If it contacts Pluto or is in connection with Scorpio, then maybe. Taurus is a acquisitive sign and wants to hold onto things but that is not quite the same.

Last edited:

Claire19

I did notice that, which i must say is interesting. A stand out quality to your chart is your north node pisces in the fourth house (using the equal house system), and it being close to your IC. One could say that your life affirming energy of getting in touch with your emotions and sensitivity is partly about fulfilling past life energy (indicated by your Pisces IC). But with your strong virgo energy high in your chart, this may pull you into being driven for perfection, organized order or high standards of success. I guess the way i see it is that your lesson is to be more gentle on yourself and others when it comes to developing compassionate wisdom re: the basic building blocks (cancer theme) which bind us all on this Earth journey :)
Liking this analysis......:happy:!!!!!!very well put.

Claire19

Oh, yes, I know! I hate reading the descriptions about my squares because I think "Dam, I am like that...sometimes. grrr...what to do?" I know one must work on those squares. But at least there are not oppositions! That is even more dizzying! I find that some times I can "curb" those squares and sometimes I can't obviously. I think that some of those squares are so ingrained and when someone comes along that irritates any of my squares - it is hard to control! :) Its like... Don't rub my squares the wrong way and I can make them more circular! :) hehe

Would it help if I mention that aspects to nodes are only small, no more than 2-3 degrees at most, as well as Chiron. I use oppositions and conjunctions only....I do look at Chiron but only as a support. I think that conjunctions to the south node may be more the way to look at them. This is my opinion.

queenfluff

Eek..Interesting good or interesting bad? I have been busy learning the natal chart in the past few months but unfortunately the book I have doesn't go over Node (true node and north node are same thing right?) or Chiron so I haven't learned too much about those two.

Perfection, organized order and high standards of success? well yes at one time in my life (the first half) but since Saturn in Virgo kicked my butt more times than I can count in the last few years and tore down everything I had build up (and I mean everything), I have kind of given up on that lately.

Gentle on myself? Not sure if that will ever happen. I try but I think it is ingrained in me - sort of like learned behavior. I think it is better for me to try not to be so hard on others.

I am not very spiritual - I am not sure what those 'buildling blocks' are - after Saturns lessons I think I have come to the conclusion that this life isn't meant to be a great one for me and that I will just have to wait for the next one to happen. (if all that exists you know).

It seems like being a Virgo and having a good natal chart doesn't go hand in hand in this life as most people misunderstand them no matter how hard we try for them not too - they are not liked by many people. My chart, for the most part, doesn't have too much promise in it unfortunately for the things I really want and I have to learn to except it I guess. Oh well.

But thanks for the interpretations though. I plan to do more research on on the node and my Chiron as someone told me the 4th house is the end of your life.

Joseph Astrologer

your welcome queen virgo **

ps, one last thing - with sag moon in first house you will emotionally/physically feel better when enjoying nature's bounties, taking new adventures somewhere (via body, mind or soul), and generally drawing up your energy to the place of being optimistic about life's ups and downs, and what we can learn from them.

good luck :)

Claire19

uranus rules aquarius, and this is a fixed sign. this can explain the seemingly fixated rises that you mention, but also the sudden falls of these as well. Uranus energy is like a lighten bolt, fast - intense & focused, but also gone before you know it :)
Causing havoc in its path. Upsetting the status quo and breaking all the rules is its role....getting rid of the old and outmoded..

Claire19

your welcome queen virgo **

ps, one last thing - with sag moon in first house you will emotionally/physically feel better when enjoying nature's bounties, taking new adventures somewhere (via body, mind or soul), and generally drawing up your energy to the place of being optimistic about life's ups and downs, and what we can learn from them.

good luck :)
Man, I like your take on things. :smile: How long have you been an astrologer?
One of the best on this forum in my opinion from what I have read.

Claire19

Easy to say of course, but our squares are our strengthening aspects, help us progress and can be turned into aspects of gold.....When we are dealing with them it is not always easy to see that. THe conflicts and unease caused by them force us to resolve the issues or at least come to terms with the jarring energies. They are usually more internal and often not noticed by others necessarily....oppositions are out there and have to be dealt with in the environment and with other people very often...

RayAustin

Well I cant figure why I am so possessive and jealous with all things in my life, also I tend to be obsessive, but my obsessions doesn't last too long. They are intense but I jump from an obsession from another.

I have strong Uranus, also with bad aspects. I am suposedly be a more careless person.... And I am not at all
Uranus (ruler of my 3rd) in my 1st house....makes independent careless
Uranus square Sun
Uranus square mars
Uranus square Mercury
Uranus sextile Venus
Uranus square Juno
Saturn conjunction Uranus
Jupiter(chart ruler) opposition Uranus

I have lots of pluto aspects but they are not hard.
Moon opposition Pluto...
Venus conjunct Pluto....
Jupiter in the 8th(chart ruler) trine pluto
Saturn and Neptune sextile pluto...

Additionally I am Virgo with sun in the 10th house... does that makes me a controller? Sagittarius Ascendant, I am a freedom lover, I dont like to do what other people tell me. But I get ill when others don't do what I say.

Hi Virgo,
It helps having a chart.
If you are Scorpio rising, that will automatically make you obsessive, especially if you are in your early 20s where Pluto is in Scorpio in your natal.

The conjunction and opposition are generally considered hard aspects. Especially if they are with the "emotional" planets like the Moon, and Venus; these aspects make you more noticeably obssessive. Provided these aspects aren't too wide, Moon will give you an obssessive mind and emotions--in general, Moon aspecting Pluto intensifies your emotions which is the precursor to feeling obsessive. The Moon is a quick changing planet, which is why you may be wholly interested in something one moment, and don't care the next.

Venus joined corporally to Pluto makes you very attractive to the opposite sex but also very repelling. It makes you obsessive in your relationships with your significant others; this is a hard energy to deal with and may even take a lifetime to "master". Jupiter aspecting Pluto closely will make these aspects worse and more intense.

R.a.
:smile:

Last edited: