Scary Solar Return Chart

Although this is the first time I have tried to do a solar return chart, I would like to give this a try. (I've studied astrology for a long time, but usually stick to natal, progressions and transits). Anyway...

In my SR Chart the AS is 0.26 Cancer and Pluto is on my decendant at 2.40 in Capricorn, two Cardinal signs. The Highest planet is Uranus at 21.09 in my 10th House opposite Saturn in my 4th house. Venus also is in my 10th house directly conjunct my natal north node. My interpretation of these two planets and my north node tells me that I may have some unexpected opportunities in my writing career. The opposition to Saturn (also natally I am having my Saturn return) in my fouth house, can indicate that I do a great deal of my work in isolation in my home (writing), but that also I am pulled by the opposition to 'get more out into the world).

What I am worried about are the 3 planets in my 8th house: Jupiter at 9:27, Mars at 7:55 and Mercury at 0:13 all in Aquarius. My Sun falls into my 9th house at 26:18 conjunct by Neptune at 24.02 with Chiron at 21:30, all in Aquarius.

The eighth house planets signifiy a time of transformation, and could also mean the following: death (or being spritually reborn in some fashion) trouble with partner's finances or taxes, inheritance. Mars and Jupiter are conjunct, and I'm not feeling all that great about such strong planets residing in this house for the upcoming year. I have found that eighth house transits are difficult at best, because they literally push complete transformation that is necessary in our life. I'm wondering what others think of these planets in the eight house.

My moon is in my SR 5th house at 3 degrees Scorpio. The Moon is making 3 squares to my Natal Moon, My natal Mercury and my natal Venus. (Not a great sign of good things to come, that's for certain...seems I could be 'at odds with myself and emotional). Coupled with the planets in the 8th house, these seems to be a great deal of 'Pluto' energy surrounding this year.

When I do a comparison chart (attached) to my natal planets it appears as if I am truly confused. If I am reading this correctly, My Sun is conjuncting my Natal Sun; Moon is squaring my Natal Moon, Mercury is conjunct my Natal Venus, Mars in trining my Natal Mars, Jupiter is conjuncting my Natal Mars....

I'm really not certain if I am reading this correctly. If anyone can give me some help, I'd appreciate it. My overall feeling is that this is going to be a very though year. But then, perhaps I'm wrong.

Thanks so much for helping me. I read the information on how to read a solar chart, but I'm not certain that I'm doing that well at it.

Happy New Year...

sixaquarius

And again, thanks so much for helping me out. Those 8th house planets are creepy me out. Laugh.

Attachments

• astro_31gw_01_anonymous_2009215.83799.17144.gif
    astro_31gw_01_anonymous_2009215.83799.17144.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 44
  • astro_32gw_01_anonymous_2009215.84083.20721.gif
    astro_32gw_01_anonymous_2009215.84083.20721.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 44
Well for a start your Saturn in SR is in the 3rd not 4th in Equal house....and opposing Uranus in 9th house. Freedom v convention in communication houses.

Natal n node is conj SR Venus not moon....

Your natal 5th house of self employment, children, creativity, with natal Uranus falling in 6th, not 5th Equal house. So family matters, home, emotional security, being sensitive, shrewd in business, coupled with Leo emphasis. Someone, maybe a child wanting to be centre of attention and demanding or someone being a bit theatrical even

Mercury and Pluto in 7th
Mars conj Jupiter is usually a confidence thing
Sun conj Neptune will drain your energy

Only 1planet in fire suggests again your energy will be lower than usual, but you may not notice too much as you have same natally, in fact SR is rather similar, but all in 8th instead of first.

Inheritance is strongly indicated by your stellium in 8th, also surgery
So, instead of putting yourself first and foremost as in the natal chart stellium around Asc, this year your natal 5th and 8th are activated, suggesting possible deaths, joint shared resources and your daily routines activities and service to others.

Saturn in 8th natally (Equal house) usually delays or stops inheritance, but with such a heavy influence in the solar return looks great.

Pluto conj Desc suggests breaks or significant others opposing your control, power and plans in some way. Pluto/scorpio rules 5th house matters, children, creativity again

Where you want to break free and have independence is 9th house of higher learning, publishing, but Saturn in 3rd still suggests more hard work, delays, limitations

http://www.skyviewzone.com/solarreturn.htm has quite nice section on SR

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12694

hope this helps

Transiting Jupiter is going very shortly going over your Aquarian planets and Asc and hope you can make best use of them

cassanra

I try to read a solar return in an order...it helps
Your sixth natal house is rising indicating an emphasis on health, daily routine, work routine and co-workers.
The moon is the ruler of y our ascendant and it is placed in the fifth house of creativity, romance and children.
Natal moon is in solar 9th indicating emotional focus on rebirth, transformation. Conjunct solar jupiter expands and increases benefits.
The sun is the next focal point in the solar 9th showing ego energies in legal, philosphy, long distance travel . With its connection to neptune and receiving a positive trine from the moon indicates increase imagination so good for creation for travel and fun:)
There does appear to be conflict with mars as it squares your emotional moon. It rules your 11th thus there might be challenges or transformations of friendships, hopes and dreams...

With a sixth house focus go to your solar sixth house and its oppostie 12th and see how its rulers tell you what might express to you.
Pluto, ruler of the sixth,is found on the cusp of the 7th and it squares the ruler of the 12th, venus located in the 10th....this will be a energy focus for your year I suspect and might be a co-worker turning into more a partner or challenges involved with relationship....
Hope this helps.

Cassandra:

Thanks so very much for your time, and for looking at my solar chart. I was/am very confused about how to read a solar chart, and you helped. The house places that I referred to were given as indicated by Astrodienst regarding Saturn in the 4th. It is from the 'additional' tables file that you can print on their website. I wish I could copy it, but it is a PDF file and I can't figure out how to do that. These tables have Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and the True Node, all listed as being in the 8th house.

However, the more I looked at this chart the more I realized that this particular chart described the year that I had just gone through. I did a little more research and discovered that there are many astrologers who believe that you should do a solar chart based on the location that you currently live in, and not from your natal birth place. Celeste Teal offered this information:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Actually, I spent several years researching the return charts, and if you read your Solar Return going by the easy steps given in Identifying Planetary Triggers, you’ll find that the Solar Return chart cast for your place of residence is reliable, giving an accurate reflection of the year. These houses and placements most clearly define your circumstances, conditions, relationships, activities, etc. You can even trace eventful dates using this Solar Return chart as explained in that text, even if you did go away on your birthday. In fact, if you move during the Solar Return year, you should cast a new Solar Return chart for the new residence. By moving, you enter a new environment with new conditions and the Solar Return shift in houses and planets reflect these new conditions and circumstances.[/FONT]

I took her advice, and when I recast my solar chart for 2009/2010, according to my present residence, it made much more sense to me. Most of the planets that were in question (Sun, Neptune, Chiron, Jupiter, Mean Node and Mars) all fall in my 9th house using my residence as the chart indicator.

I would be interested in what you think of this way to cast a solar chart. The more I looked at the one I orginally cast, it made be realize that this was 'the year' I just lived through, and I find that very interesting.

Thank you again, for your insights, and time. You really know your astrology, and I'm always open to learning new things. This is my first time exploring solar charts, so I appreciate your kindness and understanding of my 'mix ups'...laugh.

Blessings to you and yours for the upcoming New Year...

sixaquarius

cassanra

I have that book actually:) It helped me to learn solar returns to some extent but mostly I have learned a great deal from others on this web site.
I would say that if it works for you to 'relocate' your chart than please continue to do it. There is also debate on 'precessed' vs 'non-precessed' which I played with a bit.
My poor little brain can only hold so much so I have to stick with one thing for awhile...see if it works then add..if I get too much in there it is like a cook adding too many spices...overwhelmed.
I am curious....is there a lot of distance between your natal and where you live now. There is not for me and maybe that is why there was not too much difference to be notable or make changes that were obvious.
Glad I was of help and I guess...keep us posted:)

Cassandra:

Just wanted to let you know:

I am curious....is there a lot of distance between your natal and where you live now. There is not for me and maybe that is why there was not too much difference to be notable or make changes that were obvious.

It did make a difference when I set my solar return chart up according to where I live now, which is in Washington. I was born in Mesa, AZ (MST with no day light savings). The new chart indicated that many of the planets would be in my 9th house, not my eight house, and this made more sense to me for a lot of reasons.

When I do a chart on astrodeinst, there is a place where you can click that says "additional tables"....what that brings up is all the house placement by degree and also all the aspects, regardless of what kinds of charts you are doing. It is a PFD file, but I always love using it, because sometimes it is hard to read exactly which houses planets are falling into just by looking at the chart.

Thanks so much.

sixaquarius