Introverted/Extroverted Self

Squapius

Banned
Hello.

I want to talk with you about introverted and extroverted. Not just introverted or extroverted social behaviour of a person, but also where this person locates himself or locates his life: Introverted life or extroverted life?

Introspection of life means that what lies in the mind and the inside is most important. What you believe it should be right is most valuable, what you wish and is deeply buried in you heart and you won´t let go. Introspection for me, are dreams and most loved neptunian desires. Also what happens emotionally and secretly inside an introspective person, all those emotions that remain in secret for other people. And, taking me for example, somebody that being at times incarnated in the body and the flow of reality is always able to simply skip consciousness and get inside the mind, where there are the most beloved things and great ideas that had became somewhat autonomous like a creation.

By extroverted life I mean that the person is more on touch and compromised with the external world and does not keep himself much for his own. Then he or she interacts more with the environment and surrounding people, that means that he or she has a bigger social weight than an introverted person. And extroverted person would take the relationship with other person as something more real than his own thoughts about it.

But there is not always just two types of person.
There can be:
-Introverted people that live in the exterior.
-Introverted people that live in the internal.
-Extroverted people that live in the external.
-Extroverted people that live in the internal.

No matter the extroverted or introverted social approach of a person, he or she could have his or her ego placed in the external or the internal.
To be in touch with the external world or the inner world.

For example, a man who is very shy but is very concerned with others, that is very concerned about doing his studies and becoming a professional, that is very concerned with his friends and he spends a lot of time thinking of them. No matter how shy or subtle is his way of interacting, he is clearly in the external world and interacts with it. He doesn´t need to meditate about things or check his internal self. His ego is intensely interacting with the outher world, and in fact is too busy to think about secret dreams, fantastic hopes that grow in the mind and things that doesn´t appear in the reality. He doesn´t have time for daydreaming and plan himself for the future, he simply lives in the external.

And an extroverted man has a lot talk about what he had dream or imagined. Like an opposite to the shy but external guy, this man would be socially extroverted but has a lot for his own in his internal world.
Being efusive and easy-going with other people, but place priorities in the internal dreams and visions is a great combination for an artist! Because this guy can interact with others and maybe using this ability he could take the art creations he is thinking of in a canvas in the tangible reality.

I´m an extroverted internal person.
But I´m horribly unbalanced. While I can perfectly socialize and interact with others, I´m living in the internal too d@mn much. I´m totally divided. My inner world and the external world are things that have nothing to do with eachother. But I´m figuring out how to make a link from the internal world to the external by making my external world like the internal.
This happens with me because I´m highly idealistic: I have an enormous emotional core and my dreams and hopes are what I aspire in life, ideals and values, beauty, art, justice, kindness, nature, science, the space, music are the things that live inside of me, but I cannot find them outside.
So, I´m looking the way how I can take this things to the outside.
Having such an important inner life puts me in trouble with the outside life, because the external it´s not perfect and ideal, so I was tending to scape from it and to reject it.
It´s kind of a neptunian problem, and a problem with restrained creativity.

Aspects.
The aspects that make myself being like that are: Carpicorn Saturn (inside cappy ASC) trining Taurus Venus (in the 5th house), and Veuns opposition Scorpio Lilith (11th house). Also Neptune in a thight conjunction to the ASC.
There are some tricky yods in my chart, and some tricky amount of retrograde planets that have to be also with my extroverted internal persona.

Cappy saturn trining taurus venus it´s like an aspect that concentrates quality. They are both in earthy placements also. Saturn refines the dignified venus at the point venus cries out loud if the food is not healthy or tasteful (or maybe divine), if the fluorescent light bulbs of the supermarket are brain-frying, if the street is covered with filth, if there is cigar smoke in the air, if there is lame music playing from somewhere, etc. It confers a very good taste for things.
Saturn trining venus indicates also sincerity and loyalty to the loved ones. Endurance of beautiful feelings, to search the beautiful with constancy.
That is one point to the idealistic.
Adding more emphasis to the idealistic, I count also the venus-lilith opposition that has to be too with the creativity blocking.
Lilith is a deep concept to asimilate and interpret, but I understand it in my way.
In this case lilith is very demanding with high standards for everything, then lilith makes venus to be even more picky.
For saying it in a simple way: "Do I try to create something so perfect that it will take a whole year to complete with my current skill level, or do I create something mediocre that is not so satisfying but will help me to practice?" and also "Do I keep myself from doing something or do I start creating no matter if it won´t end up perfectly?".
Practice and patience will lead me to perfectionate my method or skill or technique, for the meanwhile I just have to create (because I need it) and it doesn´t matter if it´s not perfect.

Neptune it´s also an important planet to consider in my chart, but I have not explored the aspects to it yet.

If you think of more aspects that can make a person being extroverted internal or introverted external you can post it here. If you think you have aspects that make you being extroverted or introverted or external or internal, you can post it. I would like to know what do you have in mind.

Last edited:

hermetic

interesting topic - I have often wondered about this in myself, and always had troubles finding my psychological type by Jung, cause
I do understand very clearly about these to functions of extraversion and introversion can be applied both to internal and external areas of one's life. You explained it well.
And I feel very big confusion as to where to place myself. One should know this, huh?
Well, I feel some astrological influences are definitely messing with this.

I am definitely internal person, no doubts about that. Don't really have an explanation for this, since my chart is full of Air, Libra specific, and those are usually considered shallow, and not so deep. Venus square Neptune perhaps, I feel Neptune strongly in my everyday life. Also Jupiter in Scorpio makes me always wonder about deeper meanings.

But as for the life-introvertedor extroverted part, it changes. My Libra stellium and Sag planets are very much extroverted, but Cancer asc and Sun conj IC are so introverted it's insane. Mercury retro too.
and maybe Neptune that is exact quincunx to my Asc, and Saturn and Pluto squaring asc are disabling me from ever experiencing myself clear-cut, like - how am I?
I guess since asc is Cancer, this simply means I change with the Moon ;)

and btw, I think extroverted internal person is the winning combination :)

reallypisces

I have thought about this topic too. It has always seemed to me that the inner-outer self relationship is Sun-ascendant relationship. For example, the internal person who seems very extroverted type could be somebody who has Sun in a water sign and ascendant in fire or air. But that couldn't be your case because you have ascendant in Capricorn. Where is your Sun and Moon? I am a total Pisces with Taurus ascendant and I consider myself very introverted. However, sometimes I can get quite chatty (probably due to my planets in Gemini near the ascendant), but I feel that if I become too outgoing I don't really feel like myself anymore.

danman85

This is pretty interesting, when you were describing the 'extroverted guy that lives in the internal,' it was like you were describing me! Then you talked about being artists for that kind of setup, and I am a musician and a composer! So I'll just post what I think shows that in my chart:

I have a grand fire trine with a kite to Aquarius. Sun, Mercury and Mars are in a stellium in Leo, Moon is in Aries and exactly trine Mars, and Uranus in Sagittarius. Jupiter is the opposition to the stellium in Aquarius. I think this shows a very creative person, with an individual temperament and method of self expression which is quite strong. Which is quite true, I'm a very social person, and love to talk to people, and make jokes, and even be rowdy sometimes. I'm also pretty good at just being friendly nice, but it's more of a conscious effort, because I'm like naturally pretty sarcastic. I also can be outspoken.

But at the same time, I have to spend most of my time alone or I start to go nuts and get agitated. I like to rest and read or just relax or write my thoughts. I spend a lot of time thinking about and writing music, or reading philosiphy or metaphysical stuff. So that's pretty introverted of me, and I definitely need that time, and have always been that way. I can also be extremely shy at times, finding absolutely nothing to say. I think this can be explained with a t-square with Aries Moon squaring Venus in Cancer, and squaring Neptune in Capricorn.

I'm not sure, but I always noticed those two different configurations in my chart, and that correlates with my behavior sometimes too!

Squapius

Banned
Hello Hermetic, Caprisign, Reallypisces and Danman85.
Thank you for your replies, very interesting and helpful.
And I´m sorry for the delay.

Danman85: I have a grand fire trine with a kite to Aquarius. Sun, Mercury and Mars are in a stellium in Leo, Moon is in Aries and exactly trine Mars, and Uranus in Sagittarius. Jupiter is the opposition to the stellium in Aquarius. I think this shows a very creative person, with an individual temperament and method of self expression which is quite strong. Which is quite true, I'm a very social person, and love to talk to people, and make jokes, and even be rowdy sometimes. I'm also pretty good at just being friendly nice, but it's more of a conscious effort, because I'm like naturally pretty sarcastic. I also can be outspoken.
That´s great. Again the great leo surpises me. Leo artists always find a way for making me feel absolutely amazed. The truth is that I never had a clue of how was going to be their art, but when I sense it what I feel is amazement and surprise because I had never espected it to be so deep, warm and beautiful. Or maybe the other way around...the point is that the beauty of their art is intense and unique for me. It´s like feeling something I never felt before.
I don´t know your art, I should hear your music for finding out.
As for those features of your personality I think that I´m more shy than you and you are much more well balanced than me, because my natural behavior is to be outgoing, but now I resemble to some kind of lobster crab that found a very cozy shell to hide in.
Your grand fire trine including your uranus shows a great potencial for releasing all your indiscriminated creativity and work with it, physically also, with energy and persistance. Your chart is placed somewhere in the forum. You could post the link here.
In my case, I think that my need for a quiet daydreaming and the nostalgy for all sacred things is more of an incarnation problem. I´m very conscious of my mission in this encarnation, I´m debating between staying here and working on the process or getting in some kind of neptunian trance, thirstly desiring to get to my beloved place while my body is like frozen and asleep. I´m not that bad obviously, that was a dramatization.
I just found out something about me that is curious and at the same time horrible: My longlasting daydreaming is an escapism habit!!!
And the thing is just that sometimes I find very difficult to fix my vision or sight in the stuff I have in front of my face! It suuuuucks!
Is a total lack of incarnation.
I have read that is atribuible to mars square neptune, an aspect present in my chart.

Caprisign: Neptune can do that to you Squapius, you can see the ideal perfect world, which is a stark contrast to the "reality" that we find ourselves in. Not having any "idealism" inside of us would lead to no improvements in our society/selves, while having too much Neptune in ourselves can be just as tough, leading us to taking no action to make the "ideal" "real" . This is where we should strive to "balance our chart/self, to use/direct our martian energy, saturn realism and neptune idealism to make real changes, in order to "create" a more intelligent, humane place to be.
Yes, that is a real problem, but the problem by it´s own is not so bad. The real trouble comes also with lack of incarnation, troubles for keeping myself working for the time it does take and bad environment for the artist!: I´m like a juicy allmighty nutritious seed that is all lonely over desert ground. Where the hell is my humus!
Balancing is something I´m striving to do all the time, at every single moment. Something that keeps me safe for getting dissolved by all dimensions is my outstanding discipline (capricorn saturn placed in the first house): I´m just working on myself always. The effort I put on my body, in my mind and progress is admirable. My will power and strenght is great.
Well, for all this effort I´m doing I will receive my reward and victory.
In the harvest I will pick the fruit of my hard work.

Hermetic: I am definitely internal person, no doubts about that. Don't really have an explanation for this, since my chart is full of Air, Libra specific, and those are usually considered shallow, and not so deep. Venus square Neptune perhaps, I feel Neptune strongly in my everyday life. Also Jupiter in Scorpio makes me always wonder about deeper meanings.
But as for the life-introvertedor extroverted part, it changes. My Libra stellium and Sag planets are very much extroverted, but Cancer asc and Sun conj IC are so introverted it's insane. Mercury retro too.
and maybe Neptune that is exact quincunx to my Asc, and Saturn and Pluto squaring asc are disabling me from ever experiencing myself clear-cut, like - how am I?
I guess since asc is Cancer, this simply means I change with the Moon ;)
and btw, I think extroverted internal person is the winning combination :)
Hello Hermetic.
Yeaaaah. Gemini it´s also considered shallow and not so deep. Those are common gemini treats like describing pure and liquid gemini features, but it annoys me anyways. I consider myself a very deep person.
Introvertedly insane is something I don´t think of so happily. I fall in those unfortunate states because of some problems I have in my body. My ascendant is aspected in troublesome ways, maybe that could make sense with my corporal botherings. However, I can heal.
What I´ve learned is that neptune is absolute blurryness. It will blur everything that was at its range in your chart, and it´s worse with friction aspects like your square to venus. My neptune is also in a quincunx aspect to mercury. And it´s a beautiful blurriness by the way.
I would want to study more scorpio jupiter, I find it´s a very interesting combination. How jupiter displays scorpio needs. Searching a deeper meaning, in this case being water sign, emotional meaning or values that feel emotionally right.

Reallypisces: I have thought about this topic too. It has always seemed to me that the inner-outer self relationship is Sun-ascendant relationship. For example, the internal person who seems very extroverted type could be somebody who has Sun in a water sign and ascendant in fire or air. But that couldn't be your case because you have ascendant in Capricorn. Where is your Sun and Moon? I am a total Pisces with Taurus ascendant and I consider myself very introverted. However, sometimes I can get quite chatty (probably due to my planets in Gemini near the ascendant), but I feel that if I become too outgoing I don't really feel like myself anymore.
Hey Reallypisces!
I got mercury, the moon and sun placed in gemini (the sun in degree 29º19 of gemini, almost cancer sun).
Gemini sun and moon and saturn loaded capricorn ascendant is a tough one. I´m simply crazy, bizarre and unique, reason by I was bothered by the social pressure, others insecurity and classmates, so the result of that rejection makes me feel uneasy respect of releasing my dinamic personality. Now I understand that and I don´t think I will restrict myself ever again.

Pisces is introverted indeed, but my momma (pisces sun), for example, is a talkative pisces with a great sense of humor, that has a lot of fun in parties and sings excellent too. That is in part because she has a tight conjunction of pisces mercury, mars and saturn in the first house and aries moon. She is extroverted and all that, but has very few friends. Her neptunian character makes her to want nice, polite and warm-hearted people, not just any stupid traitor person.
And I was used to be afraid of loosing myself or not feeling like myself too, but I just found out that those are just current mind states and all depends of me calming down and make really sure if any inconscious feeling wrapped in my body is causing that. It´s best to hear what our bodies say and don´t get very worried about our identities, we will always remain being ourselves.

Last edited:

danman85

Squapius said:
That´s great. Again the great leo surpises me. Leo artists always find a way for making me feel absolutely amazed. The truth is that I never had a clue of how was going to be their art, but when I sense it what I feel is amazement and surprise because I had never espected it to be so deep, warm and beautiful. Or maybe the other way around...the point is that the beauty of their art is intense and unique for me. It´s like feeling something I never felt before.
I don´t know your art, I should hear your music for finding out.
As for those features of your personality I think that I´m more shy than you and you are much more well balanced than me, because my natural behavior is to be outgoing, but now I resemble to some kind of lobster crab that found a very cozy shell to hide in.
Your grand fire trine including your uranus shows a great potencial for releasing all your indiscriminated creativity and work with it, physically also, with energy and persistance. Your chart is placed somewhere in the forum. You could post the link here.
In my case, I think that my need for a quiet daydreaming and the nostalgy for all sacred things is more of an incarnation problem. I´m very conscious of my mission in this encarnation, I´m debating between staying here and working on the process or getting in some kind of neptunian trance, thirstly desiring to get to my beloved place while my body is like frozen and asleep. I´m not that bad obviously, that was a dramatization.
I just found out something about me that is curious and at the same time horrible: My longlasting daydreaming is an escapism habit!!!
And the thing is just that sometimes I find very difficult to fix my vision or sight in the stuff I have in front of my face! It suuuuucks!
Is a total lack of incarnation.
I have read that is atribuible to mars square neptune, an aspect present in my chart.
Yes, I think I only posted about what makes me more extroverted...I am Virgo rising with Mercury on the cusp of the 12th house, and almost exactly square Saturn in Scorpio on the cusp of the 3rd house. Saturn is exactly sextile the ascendant, and Mercury in 12th is exactly sextile my Gemini Midheaven. I'm not really too sure about what that completely means, but I think it would definitely tell about a very introverted way of filtering my world.....I do, like you, spend LOTS AND LOTS of time daydreaming, a nd it is an escape habit.... I'll post my chart below. I have a grand fire trine/kite (with fire planets) that suggests extroversion, and then a t-square in cardinal signs and angular houses with all feminine planets...I think that suggests extroversion. Then the Mercury/Saturn aspects with my Ascendant and Midheaven to me suggests an almost reclusive observing type. I have a hard time figuring out my personality honestly, though, because I am just so naturally outgoing, yet I easily shy up uncontrollably, and won't talk at all sometimes, and really need to spend lots of time alone, deep thinking, meditating, stuff like that...

Ah! And I have compositions online if you are interested in hearing!!!!! :) :)

Attachments

• MY CHART.gif
    MY CHART.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

siamese_dream

Ahh, this reminds me of my boyfriend. He is an introverted Aquarian - due to Cap moon + Saturn in the first house, I'm guessing. All of his planets except Pluto are below the horizon. But he has this need to share his unique ideas with the world. He sees himself as someone who can teach and lead (Virgo MC) - something that's very much involved with people. So while he lives in his head and is detached from the world, this can be his way to be involved.

Squapius

Banned
Hey Danman.

Yes, I think I only posted about what makes me more extroverted...I am Virgo rising with Mercury on the cusp of the 12th house, and almost exactly square Saturn in Scorpio on the cusp of the 3rd house. Saturn is exactly sextile the ascendant, and Mercury in 12th is exactly sextile my Gemini Midheaven. I'm not really too sure about what that completely means, but I think it would definitely tell about a very introverted way of filtering my world.....I do, like you, spend LOTS AND LOTS of time daydreaming, a nd it is an escape habit.... I'll post my chart below. I have a grand fire trine/kite (with fire planets) that suggests extroversion, and then a t-square in cardinal signs and angular houses with all feminine planets...I think that suggests extroversion. Then the Mercury/Saturn aspects with my Ascendant and Midheaven to me suggests an almost reclusive observing type. I have a hard time figuring out my personality honestly, though, because I am just so naturally outgoing, yet I easily shy up uncontrollably, and won't talk at all sometimes, and really need to spend lots of time alone, deep thinking, meditating, stuff like that...

I think you may not have a lot of troubles with the main, base or principal personality elements, and I mean with that that you said you consider yourself extroverted yet you shut down hopelessly some times. Sun and moon, plus mars are placed in leo and aries respectively, fire signs. Sun and moon, symbol for self and symbol for emotional nucleus and mars in a moderate conjunction with the sun. Your moon is placed in aries inside the 7th house. That looks like a naturally outgoing moon, or emotions taking an emphasis on relationships with others. Your moon it´s also the ruler of your eleventh house, where your sun and mars are placed. Uranus is in contact with your sun by a trine, and I can see this contact in the way that the sun is in tone with uranus, you think about your ideals as something you like a lot and goes well with you, then you can identify more with uranus.

Uranus is the greek god of the highest skies that could not accept the children that Gea or Gaia gave to him because those kids didn´t resemble to the ideal of the kids uranus had in mind. So the earth Gaia had the substance and the power to embody every creation, but the etereal and sublime dreams of uranus had nothing to do with the reality of Gea.

The orbs of this fire trine you have are not that tight. One of the extremes of the triangle is the mild conjunction of the sun and mars. Mars is in a tighter trine with the moon and the sun is in a tighter trine with uranus. The trine between the moon and uranus is not that exact eighter.
Maybe you find a clash between the trine of fire planets (sun, moon, mars and uranus) and the planets placed in the other elements and the opposite polarity that are aspecting the comfortably united fire planets of the trine. Maybe the planets of the trine feel pushed and react with the contact of more dynamic aspects and combinations. Maybe this natural extraversion doesn´t let you to perceive the flow of unconscious feelings in your body and when the introverted planets feel that is time to check this feelings you shut down and go look inside yourself.
I noticed you have a strong venus position in the tenth house. I think I may be looking at the reason why do you compose or play music.

Maybe this aries moon rolling around people, friends and out-going activity along with the other fire planets makes you have a bit of trouble with uniting your cancerian sense of beautiful and pleasant (moon square venus). As you said you need to have your 'just me' time, because it´s fine you are talkative and all that, but you love music and things that require more instrospection, hearing and adjusting your senses at more delicate frecuencies.
Mercury is the ruler of your tenth house and is placed in the 12th house cusp. Maybe this square relation between mercury and saturn can explain that. Maybe that is a hint to know if this shutting down is a defense mechanism. Saturn it´s a solidificator of things. Maybe saturn puts a brake all of a sudden when this 12th house placed mercury gives unconscious signals of something that could be going wrong. Althought leo mercury is not that introspective it is close to the 12th house cusp and it´s retrograde, but I still doubt if it´s enough reason to think you have such inconscient block outs. Saturn is placed just in the third, it´s operating from the house of lenguage. Maybe you block out oftenly from people that relate to the 3rd house therms, or maybe there is a reason for you to get strenght or structure by 3rd house means. Your saturn is placed in a watery and cold sign and is not very compatible with the fire planets. It has a special contact with mercury also because it sextiles your ascendant, also ruled by mercury, so, here saturn is giving you structure in your ascendant, maybe applying discipline to your mercury and gives to it a consistent bridge from the 12th house to other things that are more solid.
This cahnging from extroverted to introverted could be the result of integrating your out-going or social life with your spiritual life.

Last edited: