Davidson relationship chart

fenix79

Is someone familliar with "Davidson relationship chart" and could someone please tell me something abauth the potential of this relationship?
This uranius in 7th in scorpio square venus looks very, very concerning...
Thank you in advance for your comments.
[poster gave no astrological interpretation so moved to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Attachments

• Davidson chart (Medium).gif
    Davidson chart (Medium).gif
    51.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Before doing this kind of chart go back to basics and do synastry grid, easily done off astro.com

I don't have experience with Davidson charts only composites.
Composite charts
If you go to www.astro.com click on free horoscopes, go to Interactive horoscopes, go down to Astroclick partner, that will bring up a composite chart and when you put the mouse over a planet will bring up a pop up box with the interpretation......

But you do need both times of birth to be accurate though.. enjoy.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

katydid

fenix79 said:
Is someone familliar with "Davidson relationship chart" and could someone please tell me something abauth the potential of this relationship?
This uranius in 7th in scorpio square venus looks very, very concerning...
Thank you in advance for your comments.

First you have to understand the theory behind this type of chart. It was created by an astrologer named R. Davison [ not Davidson] and it was kind of
created to deal with a potential weakness in composite charts.

Composites are 'mathematical midpoint' charts. The midpoint between my sun and your sun would become the composite sun. If you were Taurus sun and I were Cancer sun, then our composite sun would be Gemini. The 'weakness' of composite charts according to some astrologers is that they come up with a chart that does not exist. In other words there really is NO date or time that the planets were in that configuration. And you can get weird anomolies that do not really happen, like mercury square sun for example.
So in an effort to clean up those problems, Davison decided to try using the midpoint of the space/time, the birthdates. So if you were born in NYC and I in LA, our Davison birthplace would be somewhere in the middle. And the same with the time and date. BUT IT IS A REAL DATE IN TIME AND A REAL MOMENT IN TIME.

I used to use them when I was in practice and they seem to work. I just wanted you to understand what they represent theoretically in comparison to composite or synastry.

tsquare

First you have to understand the theory behind this type of chart. It was created by an astrologer named R. Davison [ not Davidson] and it was kind of
created to deal with a potential weakness in composite charts.

Composites are 'mathematical midpoint' charts. The midpoint between my sun and your sun would become the composite sun. If you were Taurus sun and I were Cancer sun, then our composite sun would be Gemini. The 'weakness' of composite charts according to some astrologers is that they come up with a chart that does not exist. In other words there really is NO date or time that the planets were in that configuration. And you can get weird anomolies that do not really happen, like mercury square sun for example.
So in an effort to clean up those problems, Davison decided to try using the midpoint of the space/time, the birthdates. So if you were born in NYC and I in LA, our Davison birthplace would be somewhere in the middle. And the same with the time and date. BUT IT IS A REAL DATE IN TIME AND A REAL MOMENT IN TIME.

I used to use them when I was in practice and they seem to work. I just wanted you to understand what they represent theoretically in comparison to composite or synastry.

hmmm....
haha, was wondering what these were...thnks
Tsquare

Catatonia

Dear Astrologers, what do the Davison charts represent?

Do we look to Davison Charts to see if two people love one another, or what?

If they were meant to be?

Catatonia

tsquare

Catatonia

No idea, I've only looked at composite charts, and I'm not amazing with those either. They look interesting. I checked out a few charts today and was surprised what I did see, as far as aspects, house placements, aspects to the ascendants.
It would be interesting to see who has had success with them.

Catatonia said:

Catatonia

No I would look at an overlay of two peoples natal charts

When looking at a womans chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

It's very common for progressed venus onto sun or vice versa to be involved, also the North Node of one person conj second person's sun or moon. Also Vertex is usually involved either natally, by progression or by transit.

You could have the best synastry in the world, but unless you have good communications, are honest with each other about your needs, wishes and desires and 'both' of you want the same things...........then nothing will happen. It cannot make anyone change, or love you more. Some challenging squares, oppositions in synastry can be healthy, and may require one or both of you to grow in some way. Astrological natal charts cannot explain environmental factors, financial handicaps/ restraints and what position you hold in society, neither can it tell you if you are of ‘Royalty’ or beggar.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange, good or bad.

katydid

Catatonia said:

Catatonia

The Davison chart is used once a solid relationship is established. It signifies how two people 'blend' as a unit. It does not really kick in until or unless 2 people actually become a unit. You cannot use it to see IF 2 people like each other or not--it is used to show HOW a couple works as a unit.

katydid said:
The Davison chart is used once a solid relationship is established. It signifies how two people 'blend' as a unit. It does not really kick in until or unless 2 people actually become a unit. You cannot use it to see IF 2 people like each other or not--it is used to show HOW a couple works as a unit.

That's my same view of Composite's...

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

katydid

astrologer50 said:
That's my same view of Composite's...

It is the same overall concept as a composite, but Ronald Davison saw a flaw with composites that he could not ignore--- It is possible to have 'impossible' aspects in a composite chart. You can have a composite with Mercury trine the Sun etc. The 'flaw' according to Davison is that there is NO real time or place that the composite actually existed. It is not a real chart in the way that Davisons' system is. Instead of taking the midpoint of the planets, the way composites do, he takes the midpoint of the date and time and place, and establishes an actual moment in time. So unlike composites, the Davison chart is an actual moment in space and time.

Theoretically, the Davison chart makes more sense to me. But I haven't done a research project to verify one way or the other , which is most accurate. I used to do them a lot, because before the onset of universal internet free charts, they were the easiest way to go. Just Figure out the midpoint date and cast a regular chart. They worked great in client sessions but I was using the natals alongside. Maybe those who have the time might want to run their composite and their Davison and see which speaks to them the most. :cool:

athan

so.....
reading the thread I got the answer to the question what a Davison chart really is.
Reading about composite anomalies :D like Mercury trining Sun I thought ok Davison is better....more logical...
But at that point an extra thought occured...
A relationship is the interconnectedness of two whole persons in one so the dynamic of this union is very strong....Mercury trining Sun for instance does not occur for a person and there must be a reason for that...perhaps the person might not be able to support such an energy type BUT what if this kind of aspect could mean...let's say ...telepathic communication or easy flow of verbal energy... and that could be a trait of the relation when ever the happy couple were together ....
Just a thought.....:confused:
Athan

katydid

athan said:
so.....
reading the thread I got the answer to the question what a Davison chart really is.
Reading about composite anomalies :D like Mercury trining Sun I thought ok Davison is better....more logical...
But at that point an extra thought occured...
A relationship is the interconnectedness of two whole persons in one so the dynamic of this union is very strong....Mercury trining Sun for instance does not occur for a person and there must be a reason for that...perhaps the person might not be able to support such an energy type BUT what if this kind of aspect could mean...let's say ...telepathic communication or easy flow of verbal energy... and that could be a trait of the relation when ever the happy couple were together ....
Just a thought.....:confused:
Athan

I completely agree with your 'extra thought.' I would think it amazing if i saw a composite with something like Mercury trine the Sun. And I don't think it would invalidate the chart in any way. But I think it is weird that it is essentially a chart that does not really exist. There was never that moment in time- it is wholly a figment of the relationship. And the Davison chart is made up of a time that really happened 'astrologically.' Theoretically that means something to me---however I have found composites to be very significant and accurate...so who knows.:60:

tsquare

Anyone here read the signs in a composite or Davidson or do you leave them out?

I scan over them but I look at aspects, angles, planets in houses etc.

Ive read not to bother with the signs.
Might of been Liz Green and that article she has on Astro.com when talking about composites.

Also, anyone know any good cookbook style books for reading composite charts? House and plaentary aspect iterpretations, etc.
There hasn't been much on the net that I could personally find.
I'd like to know more about the angles etc.
Asc, MH, IC, DEC, and the houses 1, 4, 7, 10, in the composite.
4th really makes me scratch my head, and 1st is tricky too...really all the angles make me wonder on which is wich....is the asc just a face of the relationship....is the seventh what others think?
and the 10th some type of overall outward face..while the 4th is like this behind the schenes thing...or the true inward part of the relationship..

Then do you look at rulers of the houses in other houses...but leave otht he signs....

It is intesrting in comparing the composite to the natals....

I do look at synastry first...
progressign teh individual charts, and looking at those side by side helps too, or is at least interstingto look at....but havnt had muh success with progressed composite charts...uhm....

tryinto think of what else there is.....
POF would be intersting to take a look at, and so would reading by the houses...I wonder if vedic has some of this synastry stuff covered. Midpoints, etc. Cause it's all fairly new to me.

athan

Dear Katydid

[/quote]I completely agree with your 'extra thought.' I would think it amazing if i saw a composite with something like Mercury trine the Sun. [/quote]

:);):D

[/quote] But I think it is weird that it is essentially a chart that does not really exist. There was never that moment in time- it is wholly a figment of the relationship.[/quote]

In that sense a Composite Chart could be seen as a chart of something that has never existed...maybe relations exist inside our heads ...:Donly and we think that they exist outside on the physical plane...
In that sense Composite Charts could be so romantic...sad romantic I mean.

[/quote]And the Davison chart is made up of a time that really happened 'astrologically.' Theoretically that means something to me---[/quote]

The time and place really exist so they produce a valid chart that makes astronomical sense...
This whole idea...(composite vs Davison) has made me think a lot... Even right now I am a bit lost in random thoughts so nothing to declare yet...
I am thinking about the difference in dynamics of between the 2 parts of an equation...A chart is produced using time and place so T+P=C. Group A (T+P) is as far as dynamic is concerned something a bit...'different' from Group B (the chart as a product, an outcome...)
In a relation we have C1 and C2 which are produced by T1+P1 and T2+P2 respectivelly. So if we unite the first part of the equation (time and place ...the Davison chart) we get something dynamically ''different'' from what we get when we unite the second part of the equation the Natives'Charts that is (composite chart)
I guess both of the systems are valid but they could be describing something different......:confused:

(Thought under construction....:D)

[/quote] ...so who knows:60:.[/quote]

lol
not me :cool:

Last edited:

tsquare

In that sense a Composite Chart could be seen as a chart of something that has never existed...maybe relations exist inside our heads ...:Donly and we think that they exist outside on the physical plane...
In that sense Composite Charts could be so romantic...sad romantic I mean.

Maybe all astrology charts exist inside our heads.
It's a diferent thought.
Maybe we just think they exist on the physical plane.
Much of it is psychological.
Drives.
Mentality.
Its not all mercury..
fantasies
Dreams
Goals
It's not all neptune..
Some of it is physical, but the mind does effect the body in weird ways.
Effects upon appearance...etc..but how does the natal chart even effect the psyche of a person? Through the soul? Past experience? Beams in space altering the astral body? who knows.

But I see what your saying...
Maybe like a created moment in time, something new.
Synastry doesn't work that way, but a composite chart sure is interesting..
No idea how they work...but they can be horrifyingly accurate...at times...some interpretations I have read go beyond vague, things can get detailed.

the difference between a Davidson and a midpoint composite is interesting..
Some even use reference place for omposite charts..and that moves houses around even more, changes the asc...so it's really very tricky, just where to start and begin..

Then you have which house system to use in the first place...everyone has a favorite for natal etc...I suppose just a carry over of what you think works best...but change the house system and you do effect allot in both Davidson, and Composites.

tsquare said:
Anyone here read the signs in a composite or Davidson or do you leave them out?

I scan over them but I look at aspects, angles, planets in houses etc.

Ive read not to bother with the signs.
Might of been Liz Green and that article she has on Astro.com when talking about composites.

Also, anyone know any good cookbook style books for reading composite charts? House and plaentary aspect iterpretations, etc.Try our Recommendations forum, they have great books there..

There hasn't been much on the net that I could personally find.
I'd like to know more about the angles etc.
Asc, MH, IC, DEC, and the houses 1, 4, 7, 10, in the composite.
4th really makes me scratch my head, and 1st is tricky too...really all the angles make me wonder on which is wich....is the asc just a face of the relationship....is the seventh what others think?
and the 10th some type of overall outward face..while the 4th is like this behind the schenes thing...or the true inward part of the relationship..

Then do you look at rulers of the houses in other houses...but leave otht he signs....

It is intesrting in comparing the composite to the natals....

I do look at synastry first...Yes
progressign teh individual charts, and looking at those side by side helps too, or is at least interstingto look at....but havnt had muh success with progressed composite charts...uhm....

tryinto think of what else there is.....
POF would be intersting to take a look at, and so would reading by the houses...I wonder if vedic has some of this synastry stuff covered. Midpoints, etc. Cause it's all fairly new to me.

The concept behind the composite chart - or, as Erin Sullivan sometimes calls it, the compost chart - is that it represents the relationship itself as a third factor. Two people create a third thing between them. The composite chart is like an energy field, which affects both people and draws certain things out of each individual as well as imposing its own dynamics on both.

The composite doesn't seem to describe what either person feels about the other. In this way it is very different from synastry, which describes the chemistry between two people in terms of how they affect each other. When we are exploring the synastry in a relationship, we say, "Your Venus is on my Mars. You are activating my Mars and bringing a Mars response out of me, and I am activating your Venus and invoking a Venus response in you. Consequently we feel a certain way about each other." When we are looking at a composite chart, we are not exploring what two people activate in each other or feel about each other. We are interpreting the energy field they generate between them. The composite chart is like a child, a third entity which carries the genetic imprints of both parents but combines these imprints in an entirely new way and exists independently of either of them.

Because the composite has all the same features as a birth chart, we need to approach its interpretation in more or less the same way. The composite chart has a core identity which signifies its "purpose" (the Sun) and a characteristic set of emotional responses and needs (the Moon). It has a mode of communication (Mercury) and a distinctive set of values and ideals (Venus). It has a mode of expressing energy and will (Mars). It has its own way of growing and expanding (Jupiter) and it has innate limitations and defence mechanisms (Saturn). It has a specific vulnerability to the collective due to patterns from the collective background of the relationship (Chiron). It reflects certain collective ideals which strive for change and progress (Uranus). It has innate aspirations which reflect certain collective fantasies (Neptune). It has a bottom-line survival instinct which can prove supportive to the relationship's continuity but can also be destructive if the relationship is under threat (Pluto). It has an image or role to play in the eyes of society (MC), and it has a "personality" which will express itself in certain characteristic ways to the world outside (Ascendant).

The signs in a composite chart describe the basic stuff or "temperament" of which the relationship is made; the planets describe the motivating energies; and the houses describe the spheres of life through which the planets express themselves. All this is basic astrology, and it is no less applicable to the composite than it is to the individual birth chart

By Liz Greene http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_composit_e.htm

Can a composite chart contradict the synastry chart?

Both views represent quite different perspectives, and of course, they can disagree.

The composite is a third chart, calculated from the two individual horoscopes, and it shows the dynamic of the relationship as a separate (third) entity. The synastry compares the two individual charts and points out what the two people involved "trigger" in each other.
There might be contradictions in relationships, just like individuals are full of contradictions by nature.

You can find more information on synastry and composite charts in the AstroShop. Or read Liz Greene's article on composites.
http://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_compo_e.htm