Indicators of profession

Just wondering, what do you think are important indicators for being say a doctor, lawyer, astrologer, ornithologist/birdlover, tattoo artist, body piercer?

Some of them are darn obvious. You can also list other professions here that you might want to be talked about.

Medicine - 6th house, virgo, strong mars and pluto for surgery along with strong house placement. General 10th house stuff.

Law - sag, libra, virgo, 9th house, maybe strong mercury and jupiter and mars.

Ornithologist/bird lover - aquarius and sag?

Tattoo artist - thinking some artistic sign with maybe neptune of some strength and positive aspect (as neptune rules skin).

Body piercer - strong pluto or mars? Scorpio?

Mary

I knew a few tatoo artists when I was a teen, I also knew astrology so I came up with these conclusions:

Two of them were Sun in Pisces, the other one was Taurus, with moon conjucnt mars in pisces, Venus on the ascendant

All of them had neptune in sagitarius square sth (Sun, Mars in Pisces) on the 6th house, all of them had pluto in libra.

My sister is a lawyer, she is Aquarian , has also venus in aquarius, a grand trine involving moon in gemini, saturn conjucnt jupiter and pluto in libra. Ruler of Asc is Pluto in Libra in the 11th house (Uranus , Sun´s dispositor is conjucnt asc) and lord of 10th is Sun in Aquarius.

My uncle is a Neuro - Surgeon, he has Aquarius Rising, along with Sun, Chiron in Aquarius and Mercury in Pisces. Scorpio in the 10th, Mars lord of 10th house square pluto and stellium on 1st including chiron. Pluto co-ruler of 10th is in virgo. Finally, he has uranus in the 6th, he never knows when he will have to perform an operation.

Hope that hepls!

What about 12th?

dancing would definitely be a tau-lib thing/2nd house. Maybe with a bit of nep and definitely veneral thing.

sskohli

I think for an astrologer, 8 and 12 houses along with jupiter mercury and saturn influences are must.
For a doctor 8, 12, 9, 11 houses with mars for a surgeon and 12, 4, 9, 11 for a GP
for a tatoo artist..wow...umm 5th and 9th houses association with jupiter venus moon (creativity???)

sandeep

Michael

What kinds of professions do you recommend for me?. My birth data and place is September 11, 1983. 5:30 am. Bogota, Colombia. I have attached a birth chart to simplify things.

Attachments

• michael_birthchart.gif
    michael_birthchart.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 45

Soul Friend

23 said:
What about 12th?

dancing would definitely be a tau-lib thing/2nd house. Maybe with a bit of nep and definitely veneral thing.

Some in the past have seen links to Pisces as ruler of the feet and being ruled by Neptune for indications of dancing. ;)

wilsontc

Staff member
3rd house, to Michael

Michael,

Since you have a strong 3rd house, you might be interested in some of these 3rd house careers:
journalist, writer, telesales executive, sales representative, orator, railroad conductor, sales person, broadcaster, commentator, lecturer, writer, linguist, shop assistant, chauffeur, light manual labor, craftsman, telephone operator, postman, navigator, comedian, auto mechanic, professional driver, truck driver, cab driver

Careering,

Tim

Circe

Re: 3rd house, to Michael

hi! Well, I have a matter that makes me feel confused about my natal chart, which is this:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=38%27%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/imagehosting/thum_538946a535d2d0598.jpg

Some people have told me about being a psycologist or astrologer as well I have a heavy weight in 10th house with scorpius, also because moon in 9th means some intuitive stuff with my philosophy. But other people have told me it would be about being with the law because of libre in the moon and in 9th. After all, many people have told me about foreing food! because of cancer in 6th and moon in 9th.
I`m astrologer but is funny that I cannot be objetive with my own natal chart, so could you please tell me what to you see about my vocational?

Soul Friend

Hi Jimena,

It might put you back where you started in your search but remember that another name for a Lawyer is...Counselor! :38:

The 9th also covers higher education and with the moon as the 6thH ruler maybe a possible outlet or all that focus could be in either a college or university or considering your Aquarian Asc. perhaps you should always find find a measure of fulfillment regardless of how you pay the bills by sharing universal lessons. Just a thought.

I know and agree with conventional astrological wisdom that focusing on too many points and extras can be a distraction but as one already grounded as an astrologer already, you might benefit by considering your prenatal eclipses. As the Sun gives its light so the Solar prenatal Eclipse indicates the Lesson you're to teach (00° Sag 49') during your time on earth and as the Moon is receptive to light the prenatal Lunar Eclipse conversely shows what you are expected to learn(16° Taurus 36'). Working within these pieces of info may help you feel more comfortable if a decision of profession takes them into account.
~Soul Friend
~~~Rick

Last edited:

Circe

Wow! I never knew aboput the eclipses and the lesson to teach. Is there some thread which explains it deeper? Because I want to know more about it.

Soul Friend

Hi Jimena,

I learned about using them as a part of chart preparation from the beginning of my training over 25 yrs ago and actually didn't realize they're not used much but as something by very few astrologers these days. Jan Spiller has done work with them and there's a link I've found at http://groups.msn.com/HOROSCOPESCHAT/prenataleclipses.msnw that you will find very informative and they have a table at http://groups.msn.com/HOROSCOPESCHAT/eclipsetables.msnw which is very helpful.

My thought is that as the public and interest to pat for astrology is so much more concerned with the future that emphasis on things of character and development have been less alluring so it's a thing that many have found "unnecessary" to most. It seems folks get enough info for their liking from the nodes in this way but truly as they discover the PNSE & PNLE I believe this accounts for those times when a reading of the nodes might note appear so "on" because occasionally the issues are completely in different signs and houses than average.

Yours is one of those charts that the prenatal eclipses deviate from the usual. Often it is found the PNSE is near the N. Node connecting with our path we will often be guided toward by most readings of a chart. Conversely the S. Node is usually near the PNLE and you'll generally find these always nearby but they're also often enough different by house or even sign to make differences. I've found less often these occasions where like yours they're turned "backward" sort of. I cannot help but feel this means the path you are to follow is one that appears to be a continuation of your experiences that you're grounded in. It is less of new territory and more of a sense of going deeper where you're already familiar. Contemplate these things after checking out the site and finding these points in charts perhaps of family members along with considering my musings and please get back to me. I'd love to hear your thoughts.:)

Take Care & Be Blessed!†! Ciao!

~Soul Friend
~~~Rick

Circe

It`s really amazing, I find this interesting, and I`m quite by your side when you say that many people is too much interested about future sides and forgot to analize character.
I feel this way like you say, I love to learn things, but I always think that I have to be the best in the thing I do, no such as competitive way, but because if you really love to do something you have to know it in every inches of it. Astrology is a thing that interested me since I was a child, and has absolutelly nothing to do with my family (all doctors, medics, chemics, and stuff). I never stop reading astrology, never stop asking and learning.
I`m doing a course of astrology and I`m learning cosmography and calculating, it`s easy to learn it by using programs, but a REAL mess doing it by myself. Anyway, I`m so anxious to learn more about what I love that I never give up, never stop studying.
I preffer to be the best in a thing, that average in many.

Later I`ll check my family charts!!! Thank you!