The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types

Arian Maverick

I hope you don't mind if I jump right in here, Frank!

One needs to examine not only elements, but the quadriplicities, angularity, dignity, etc.

How do you suppose quadruplicities may contribute to the various componants of the Myers-Briggs system--i.e. Extroversion/Introversion, Sensing/Intuition, Thinking/Feeling, and Judging/Perceiving? Do you suppose planets in fixed signs, for example, may be inclined towards Judging or planets in mutable signs may be inclined towards Perceiving?

Also, which angular planets may contribute to these various componants? I have a strongly angular and cardinal chart, so perhaps I may be used as a guinea pig here. Yet the only factor in which I test strongly is Feeling, which I attribute to the Moon conjunct my Ascendant.

Finally, we arrive at dignity. I have an exalted Sun and a dignified Saturn in my natal chart, both located in angular houses, but I can't make anything from this observation. I am inclined to associate Saturn with the Judging preference, but if anything, I tend to score slightly higher in Perceiving. How does one reconcile this?

I'm beginning to suspect chart factors interact in ways which produce unforeseen consequences. Do you suppose a prevalence of different types of aspects or aspect configurations may incline one to have different preferences, as well?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

gimzo23

Similar here. Though I have 9 planets including Sun and Asc and MC in either fire or air and I've never been called an extrovert in my life. Angularity and maybe the house position of my Sun as Asc ruler and final dispositor are probably the major reasons for me, though I'm not sure how much the latter can have an influence here. Some major aspects to Sun, Moon, Asc, Asc ruler or to angular planets might also change the introversion/extroversion, passive/active etc. department some for others maybe?

Frank

I hope you don't mind if I jump right in here, Frank!

How do you suppose quadruplicities may contribute to the various componants of the Myers-Briggs system--i.e. Extroversion/Introversion, Sensing/Intuition, Thinking/Feeling, and Judging/Perceiving? Do you suppose planets in fixed signs, for example, may be inclined towards Judging or planets in mutable signs may be inclined towards Perceiving?

Also, which angular planets may contribute to these various componants? I have a strongly angular and cardinal chart, so perhaps I may be used as a guinea pig here. Yet the only factor in which I test strongly is Feeling, which I attribute to the Moon conjunct my Ascendant.

Finally, we arrive at dignity. I have an exalted Sun and a dignified Saturn in my natal chart, both located in angular houses, but I can't make anything from this observation. I am inclined to associate Saturn with the Judging preference, but if anything, I tend to score slightly higher in Perceiving. How does one reconcile this?

I'm beginning to suspect chart factors interact in ways which produce unforeseen consequences. Do you suppose a prevalence of different types of aspects or aspect configurations may incline one to have different preferences, as well?

Arian Maverick

You're proving my point. One can't say anything about anyone without considering the ENTIRE chart.

Plus, one also needs to see that chart in development over a lifetime - or at least for a long period. I'm quite different from how I was before my Saturn return, major progressions, solar arcs, etc.

RiceBallJunkie

I ended up as an INFP: Idealist... Which is what I end up with all the time.

Sun: Gemini = 3rd House
Moon: Pisces = 1st House
Asc: Pisces
Mercury: Taurus = 3rd House
Venus: Gemini = 3rd House
Mars: Aries = 1st House
Jupiter: Virgo = 6th House (explains a LOT)
Saturn: Aquarius = 12th House
Uranus: Capricorn = 11th House
Neptune: Capricorn = 11th House
Pluto: Scorpio = 9th House
Midheaven: Sagittarius
North Node: Capricorn = 10th House

Anyone want to explain this to me?

Claire19

Absolutely you can find these trends in the astrology chart. Yin and Yang, Air, Water, Fire Earth etc......Fixed, Mutable, Cardinal.

MantisReligiosa

I must say this whole self-analyzing thing is starting to **** me off, after about 5 years of being into astrology...lol. sorry for seeming like just having some kind of mid-life crisis, but I am just curious..do you actually think that knowing your Myers-Briggs and the relationship it has to your chart helps you be happier and more fulfilled individuals?
And, most importantly, does it really enhance self-knowledge, or does it just offer a free self-image? And by "free" I mean an image on which physical life and experience have not taken its toll?

Truth is, I've gotten increasingly more pissed off-maybe at myself-for the past few months, cause there's just too many "if"s in astrology(and psychology, the little I've studied). First, I had to take into account the fact that I was reading my chart the wrong way for 4 years, when I realized that my whole sign house placements made more sense. Then, one open window led to another, when I realized that all my chart being in fixed signs, as it is in sidereal, makes a lot more sense than them being in Mutable, as they are in Tropical.

And now this INTP thing. I must say, for someone with 3 planets in Pisces, I have an extremely low intuition level, like my Myers-Briggs test suggested-it's my least developed "function".
Again, my Sidereal makes more sense, since it would put all my personal planets in Aquarius/Taurus, instead of Pisces/Gemini.
I have absolutely no faith in anything other than logic and physical proof. And as far as relationships go, I'm just bone-dry. I can't relate to people at all. People often mistake me for cold and materialistic, but that's just because what most people call "heart" I call "instinct", and I don't trust something I can't control.
Also, again, for a Pisces, I have an unusually high level of man-hate, and feminism. Though that might be explained through my Moon-Mars-Jupiter stellium on itself...

I'd be curious to ask you to check your Myers-Briggs types against your sidereal placements..
But, either way, I think most people go about weighing elements the wrong way.
Biggest mistake is leaving aspects out of it. Like, for instance, a Moon-Neptune conjunction will add to Water, or a Sun-Mars hard aspect, to fire.

waybread

Depends upon how you view astrology--and Meyers-Briggs. I took the M-B test twice and came out with slightly different answers. So did I change, or is the test not such a fine-tuned instrument?

After studying astrology for nearly twenty years, I've decided that (a) it should be fun, or else find something more rewarding to do; and (b) if astrology is written and studied with some level of wisdom--or some desire to attain it--it is a useful tool for self-awareness.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I know one of these is the Myers-Briggs result

ESFJ (Extrovert/Sensing/Feeling/Judging) But it's listed as my "love type". I took it years ago thru a dating site but I know ONE of them was the Myers-Briggs test.

ESTJ (Extrovert/Sensing/Thinking/Judging) It's listed as my Career personality type

Extrovert-gotta be the Aries moon BUT my Virgo is 7th whole house so that could contribute.
Sensing-Pisces rising, Mars in Pisces, Venus in Cancer
Feeling-Aries moon, Pisces rising, Mars in Pisces and Venus in Cancer
Judging-Virgo: Sun, Jupiter and Mercury as well as Saturn in Scorpio

But the Virgo and Cancer in me likes my alone time too. I have my extrovert years and my introvert years.

Thinking-Virgo: Sun, Jupiter and Mercury as well as Saturn in Scorpio

Last edited:

bbr11

INFJ - I always thought the spiritual part and the fact that I want to know the meaning of life and everything else came from my Asc. in Sag and My Mercury in Virgo.

The fact that we can read people very easily - I thought my moon in Aquarius had to do with that. My Virgo in Mercury, Venus and Mars could also contribute to that since I'm very good at reading body language and the tone of voice.

The fact that I use my intuition - probably comes from Capricorn ruling my chart. Also got Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in the 1st. Cardinal rules my chart as well, I'm pretty sure it's from my Caps.

Edit: And yes we are the rarest type :p

flea

I got interested in Myer Briggs about the same time as astrology...I was looking for answers....I always test up as INFP, however the balance is pretty even.

Introverted...ruling planet retrograde also ruling sun planet retrograde. Planets balanced through quadrants.
INtuitive....Cancer moon trine scorpio Neptune....and neptune positively contacting everything but mercury
Feeling....Cancer Moon and Scorpio Neptune again
Perception....Neptune contacts to moon pluto uranus all in feminine signs

My asc and sun are masculine signs yet ruling planets are retrograde and are placed in each others sign. So there is a sort of masucline energy confusion where as the planets in feminine signs happily talk to each other apart from a couple of opps.

Flea

Lunar Pisces

Interesting stuff.

I'm a INTP, with a slight leaning towards being a INFP. Very strong I, N and P, but as I get older I am more comfortable with my F side, although being so heavily mercurial and airy, I am a T type no doubt.

My placements:

-Virgo rising
-Gemini Sun in 10th house
-Pisces moon in 7th house
-Gemini Merc in 10th house
-Gemini Venus in 9th house
-Aqua Mars in 6th house
-Scorp Jupiter in 3rd house
-Libra Uranus in 1st house
-Sag Neptune in 3rd house
-Virgo Pluto in 1st house
-Gemini MC

Aspect configurations:

Mutable T-square: Gem Sun squaring Pis moon-Virgo Pluto opposition
Air grand trine: Libra Uranus, Aqua Mars/NN conjunction and Gem Merc/MC conjunction
Multiple opposition: Gem Venus/Tau Saturn conjunction opposing Scorp Jupiter/ Sag neptune conjunction

Other Major and minor aspects of note:

ASC square Merc, quincunx Mars
Sun conjunct Merc, quintile (close orb) Chiron
Moon quintile (close orb) Venus

Chart ruler: Mercury

Dominant element: air

Dominant quality: mutable

Secondary: Saturn, earth, fixed

Singletons:

Uranus, cardinal singleton
Neptune, fire singleton

Retrograde planets:
Jupiter
Neptune

Stationary (about to go direct): Uranus

Last edited:

lilllybelle

I just noticed something rather groovy while reading this thread. INFJs are into astrology. It's the rarest personality type of all. I think about 7-8% of the population is an INFJ, yet I saw quite a few INFJs on this thread- more than I would expcect considering such a small portion of the population is an INFJ. My conclusion: INFJs are into astrology. It makes sense to me. I think INFJ are supposed to be good counselors and preachers if I recall correctly. Astrology would be right up our alley. I'm also an INFJ. I attribute the introversion to having saturn in the 12th.

Ebenia

I just noticed something rather groovy while reading this thread. INFJs are into astrology. It's the rarest personality type of all. I think about 7-8% of the population is an INFJ, yet I saw quite a few INFJs on this thread- more than I would expcect considering such a small portion of the population is an INFJ. My conclusion: INFJs are into astrology. It makes sense to me. I think INFJ are supposed to be good counselors and preachers if I recall correctly. Astrology would be right up our alley. I'm also an INFJ. I attribute the introversion to having saturn in the 12th.

You made the same conclusion that I have. :) INFJ's are supposed to be interested in everything that explains the world, so well, what else astrology is? :)

I am also INFJ and I am studying psychology to become a counselor. ;)

I have Sun & Mercury in Capricorn, Moon in Cancer, ASC in Taurus and Neptune right on my MC. :w00t: I think it fits. :)

laureate

I'm an ENTJ.

E: Aquarius Rising, Uranus in the 11th, Gemini Sun, Conjunction of Venus and Moon in 3rd house
N: The huge outer-planets influence in my natal chart
T: 9th house pluto, aspecting mercury and moon in 3th. Mercury in Gemini opposing Uranus
J: Many configurations mentioned above have shown I tend to judge logically than to perceive.

Kalyxa

I have taken many of these different Myers-Biggs tests on the internet and I have always either scored INFP or INFJ, although I relate a lot more closely to INFJ. A lot of people whom I associate with on a regular basis tend to be either of the two as well I've noticed.

I: Taurus Sun, Scorpio Ascendant, Saturn in the 1st House
N: Moon in the 9th House, Moon trine Uranus, Pluto in the 12th house
F: Not sure about this one...Scorpio Ascendant maybe?
J: Sun/Mercury Conjunction in Taurus in the 6th house

Placements:

Sun in Taurus
Moon in Leo
Mercury in Taurus
Venus in Aries
Mars in Gemini
Jupiter in Aries
Saturn in Sagittarius
Uranus in Sagittarius
Neptune in Capricorn
Pluto in Scorpio

Notable Aspects:

Sun/Mercury conjunction
Venus/Jupiter conjunction
Saturn/Mars opposition
Moon/Uranus trine

Loose kite configuration involving:

- Grand fire trine between the Moon in Leo, Saturn/Uranus conjunction in Sagittarius, and Venus/Jupiter conjunction in Aries
- Mars in Gemini opposing Saturn at the apex in the 7th house

piscesnurse

hi i am a enfp~ sun venus and mercury 12th house in pisces ~~ aquarius moon 11th ~ rising aries ~chiron libra seventh ~mars cancer in the fourth

Claire19

What a great idea, especially citing the aspects and the placement in the chart of the planets etc in the houses that influence our general personality.

I always work on archetypes as per Carl Jung and there are 12 majors.

joyrjw

Hi this is a cool idea :smile:
I don't think I've posted here before,but if I did, I apologize.

Anyway, I'm ISFP with the tendency to fluctuate/switch to INFP and back.
:unsure:I'm just guessing on these....

Sun:Scorpio 5th Feeling
Moon:Virgo 3rd Sensing/Feeling/N
Ascendant:Gemini/Cancer 29'05 S?
MC:pisces F/I/P/N
Mercury:Scorpio 28'57 5th S/F/P/N
Mars:Scorpio 5th S/F
Saturn: Leo 2nd/3rd cusp S/P/I
Jupiter Rx:Taurus 11th S/P
Venus:Capricorn 2'01 7th I/S
Uranus:Scorpio 5th S/F
Neptune:Sagittarius 6th F/I/N