What Did This Famous Person Do In Life?

Zuri

Many of us are working to hone our astrological techniques. Well, here's a fun exercise! The below chart belongs to a famous person, who is/was internationally very influential in a particular arena.

A clue: at least two (perhaps three) factors made a major impact on his life, in relation to the arena for which he is/was internationally known. Can you guess the owner of this natal chart?

qCA9a91351446665.jpg

Moog

Any chance of data? Or might that be too cluey

If not, can you post a sidereal chart too please? Cheers.

Zuri

Any chance of data? Or might that be too cluey

If not, can you post a sidereal chart too please? Cheers.

The birth data would make his identity too obvious. However, here is the sidereal-whole signs version of his natal chart:

s4ch6q1351449050.jpg

tsmall

Premium Member
Lots of lovely Venusian energy. Venus is the bound ruler of both the ASC and MC, as well as the triplicity and exaltation ruler of the ASC. In Virgo in 7th, strongly angular in her own term and triplicity. Setting into the beams so highly influential.

Ruling the 3rd house of communication, and Mars there stationing retrograde. Also rules the 8th where Mercury and the Sun are...

*emma*

Banned
MC ruler in aquarius and sun mercury oposite uranus suggests whatever they did they may have been a pioneer in their field, different from the norm and convention

MC ruler opposite neptune - and sun libra - fashion or music or photography

JUPITERASC

The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant - in this case Pisces - indicates the Primary Motivation of the native. Water signs need emotional security

The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position shows the area of life in which the native will seek to realize their Primary Motivation. In this case Jupiter is domicile ruler of ascendant and located in 12th meaning this person seeks to realise their Primary Motivation through self-undoing. Also since the ruler of the Ascendant rules the MC as well, then this person seeks to realise their primary motivation of needing emotional security via their career. So this person's career is most important to them and they would have a strong need to be successful in order to gain emotional security. However their career somehow leads to their self-undoing

The ruler of 1st in Houses also indicates

(a) physical health... in 12th can mean poor health.

(b) the nature of the Life of the Native... in 12th shows a troubled life

(c ) what the native encounters in life... in 12th the native encounters secret enemies

Jupiter being also ruler of 10th indicates that a mix of this person's troubled life, secret enemies and poor health affected/had an impact on their career

btw before making any other statement, how reliable is the time of birth of the native? :smile:

Zuri

The birth time comes straight from the famous person's birth certificate, and has been ranked as highly reliable. I'll now add that this famous person has been deceased for years. The statements that you guys have said so far, which are accurate for this famous person:

"Lots of lovely Venusian energy" (tsmall). Links very well with what made him famous

"whatever they did they may have been a pioneer in their field, different from the norm and convention" (emma). No one would dispute that this famous man was a pioneer. He also did several things in his arena, that stood out from convention in his career.

"fashion or music or photography" (emma) On the right track!

"physical health... in 12th can mean poor health" (Jupiterasc). He definitely had health problems, which impacted his career.

"the nature of the Life of the Native....in 12th shows a troubled life" (Jupiterasc). True, and he was fairly young when he died.

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
The birth time comes straight from the famous person's birth certificate, and has been ranked as highly reliable. I'll now add that this famous person has been deceased for years. The statements that you guys have said so far, which are accurate for this famous person:

"Lots of lovely Venusian energy" (tsmall). Links very well with what made him famous

"whatever they did they may have been a pioneer in their field, different from the norm and convention" (emma). No one would dispute that this famous man was a pioneer. He also did several things in his arena, that stood out from convention in his career.

"fashion or music or photography" (emma) On the right track!

"physical health... in 12th can mean poor health" (Jupiterasc). He definitely had health problems, which impacted his career.

"the nature of the Life of the Native... in 12th shows a troubled life" (Jupiterasc). True, and he was fairly young when he died.

thanks zuri, i think its potentially more music than fashion or photography because of the uranus opposition, this is easily more expressed here than through fashion which never radically changes overnight, and is not a fora to express individuality without convention, this chart reminds me of someone like eminem, also a sun libra with aspect to uranus, perhaps through his music sending out a strong social message as well as just blasting out his musical energies

And i dont know of any photographers that are that famous in any radical way

Also a religious/spiritual theme here running throughout with the jupiter neptune pisces 12th house parts

I would imagine this a chart of a very successful person, all those hard creativee aspects and they probably earned alot of rewards, struggling to think who died so young and achieved alot, hmmm

Last edited:

Zuri

thanks zuri, i think its potentially more music than fashion or photography because of the uranus opposition, this is easily more expressed here than through fashion which never radically changes overnight, and is not a fora to express individuality without convention, this chart reminds me of someone like eminem, also a sun libra with aspect to uranus, perhaps through his music sending out a strong social message as well as just blasting out his musical energies

And i dont know of any photographers that are that famous in any radical way

Also a religious/spiritual theme here running throughout with the jupiter neptune pisces 12th house parts

I would imagine this a chart of a very successful person, all those hard creativee aspects and they probably earned alot of rewards, struggling to think who died so young and achieved alot, hmmm

You're definitely on the right track! This famous person was very successful, and is an undisputed legend in his field. Definitely a creative type. Yes, this famous person was very spiritual. Another clue: he drew from at least four different religious faiths as inspiration in his career. Spirituality is a key theme running through his pioneering life's work.

*emma*

Banned
Hmmm, looking at the pluto its in bloody cancer, this is ages ago, 30s 40s or so, thats the era for black musicians, is it JAZZ? The depression and blacks?

Zuri

The Pluto in Cancer generation was born in 1914-1939. Yes, this famous person grew up during the Great Depression. You've correctly guessed that he was black, and he was a jazz musician. I guess it won't be long before you narrow down the specific guy! :smile:

JUPITERASC

The birth data would make his identity too obvious. However, here is the sidereal-whole signs version of his natal chart:
Sidereal Chart confirms link with philosophy, religion and long journeys:smile:

Ascendant Sign Element Cardinal Earth ruler Exalted Saturn is located in 9th showing that this person was motivated to worked hard in order to achieve physical security and realise Primal Motivation via long journeys and philosophy: this person enjoyed religion and travelling.

Exalted Saturn in Libra is in square or challenging aspect with Jupiter in Fall located in Mars Exaltation in the house of self-undoing.

Venus, domicile ruler of Libra is in good aspect with Saturn BUT opposes Ascendant from 7th continuing on the 'self-undoing aka being one's own worst enemy theme' via Venusian linked activities.

Zuri

Hi guys:

Its John Coltrane, I think? :)

You and Tsmall (prior to you, via PM) correctly identified that this chart belongs to
jazz saxophonist and composer JOHN COLTRANE (1926-1967). The Rodden rating for the birth time is AA, meaning the 5:00pm birth time is directly from his birth certificate record. Coltrane died unexpectedly from liver cancer (believed to be the result of his alcoholism and heroin/LSD abuse, along with him seeking a Hindu spiritual healer instead of Western medicine) at age 40.

His Wikipedia entry: “Working in the bebop and hard bop idioms early in his career, Coltrane helped pioneer the use of modes in jazz and later was at the forefront of free jazz…..Coltrane influenced innumerable musicians, and remains one of the most significant tenor saxophonists in jazz history.” It adds: “He is one of the most dominant influences on post-1960 jazz saxophonists and has inspired an entire generation of jazz musicians.”

As several people pointed out from the natal chart, Coltrane was a very spiritual man. Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, and Kabbalah themes significantly ran through his jazz compositions. His second wife, Alice Coltrane, in particular was influential in his music.

astro_2atw_01_john_coltrane.1377.31717.gif

I probably handed out too many clues, but this was my first posting of a famous person's chart.... :smile:

Zuri

What stands out to me about Coltrane's natal chart is that his True Node (life's destiny), along with Pluto (change), is in his 5th House of Pleasure. This means that his life's destiny is linked to entertainment, creativity, children, and/or leisure activities.

The ruler of his 2nd House of Value (Aries=Mars) is located in the 3rd House of Communications, which means that he likely made a living from some form of communications: writing, speaking, and/or teaching.
With his 3rd House cusp ruled by Taurus (along with his Mars -- action -- in Taurus in the 3rd House), it suggests that his communications was throat-related (as Taurus rules the throat).

In addition, the ruler of his 5th House of Pleasure (Cancer=Moon) is in the 2nd House of Value, which is a further indication of his creative talents making money for him.

In addition, the ruler of his 9th House of Philosophy (Scorpio=Pluto) is in the 5th House of Pleasure. It was likely that the 9th House activity in question involved publishing, as that is arguably the most communications-related activity (Saturn in Scorpio in 9th opposite Mars in Taurus in 3rd) in the 9th House.

A mixed-aspected Neptune in the 6th House of Health opposite a poorly-aspected Jupiter in the 12th House of Self-Undoing suggested to me that there were drug and/or alcohol issues (which Jupiter-Neptune opposition suggests).

However, his Midheaven being in Sagittarius (tropical chart) stumped me. That means that the ruler of his 10th House is in the 12th House of Self-Undoing. I couldn't reconcile the suggestion that he had a behind-the-scenes career, with the obvious attention to social relationships shown by his very active 7th House of Partnerships. His Midheaven placement in the sidereal chart links back to the 5th House, suggesting an entertainment career. I don't think that I'd have guessed jazz musician though.

JUPITERASC

You and Tsmall (prior to you, via PM) correctly identified that this chart belongs to jazz saxophonist and composer JOHN COLTRANE (1926-1967). The Rodden rating for the birth time is AA, meaning the 5:00pm birth time is directly from his birth certificate record. Coltrane died unexpectedly from liver cancer (believed to be the result of his alcoholism and heroin/LSD abuse, along with him seeking a Hindu spiritual healer instead of Western medicine) at age 40
Hi Zuri, I also immediately was aware that the chart is that of John Coltrane!!

SO, rather than spoil the fun, I deliberately said nothing specific regarding career having anything to do with music and I deliberately avoided mentioning jazz or saxophones or even music at all!

Instead I decided to as a matter of interest just provide a simple very basic delineation of Primal Motivation which does not vary whether one knows the owner of the particular natal chart or not.

The 12th house influence indicated simply self-undoing as well as illness so I wrote that generally, however, note that I avoided mentioning specifically liver disease related to heroin and alcohol intake and I avoided mentioning the early death, even though I had read it all on wikipedia.

I probably handed out too many clues, but this was my first posting of a famous person's chart.... :smile:
Zuri if you plan another similar exercise then I'm placing a request that you include the Part of Fortune, an important feature when assessing fame. However with the proviso that the time of birth must be accurate since the Part of Fortune is sensitive to differences of just seconds/minutes of time