Did I Correctly Calculate My Dasha Sequence?

Zuri

I'm learning more about Vedic astrology, as I find it very interesting. I keep reading wonderful descriptions of people's dasha sequences. Am I correct that I was born under the Ketu Mahadasha?

Below is my Vedic chart. I was born on October 24, 1970 at 12:21pm in Chicago, USA. By my calculations, I've gone through the following dashas:

Born under Ketu Mahadasha (7 years): 1970-1977.

Venus Mahadasha (20 years): 1977-1997.

Sun Mahadasha (6 years): 1997-2003.

Moon Mahadasha (10 years): 2003-2013.

Mars Mahadasha (7 years): 2013-2020.

I don't understand how I'm already in my Mars Mahadasha (which I've been in for 2 years), when I'm only 41 years old? Shouldn't I still be in the Moon Mahadasha, with a year to go in this dasha? Or was my Ketu Mahadasha shorter than the 7 years?

Zuri+Vedic+Chart+Image.png

Moog

I'm learning more about Vedic astrology, as I find it very interesting. I keep reading wonderful descriptions of people's dasha sequences. Am I correct that I was born under the Ketu Mahadasha?

Yes, The Moon was in Magha nakshatra when you were born, which belongs to Ketu

I don't understand how I'm already in my Mars Mahadasha (which I've been in for 2 years), when I'm only 41 years old? Shouldn't I still be in the Moon Mahadasha, with a year to go in this dasha? Or was my Ketu Mahadasha shorter than the 7 years?

The amount of space that the moon had travelled through Magha at the time of your birth needs to be converted into time and deducted from the dasha period.

You were born with the Moon already part way through Magha, and so only lived through approx 4 years of Ketu mahadasha.

If you were born with the moon in the very beginning of Magha, then you would have lived the full dasha period.

I recommend this software to you. Jagannatha hora. It is free and will calculate and display all this for you. Unless you really want to do things by hand, there can be value in that.

Zuri

Yes, Chicago, Illinois, USA....

I downloaded the free Vedic software program that Moog graciously suggested. I show the following Dasha Sequence:

Ketu Mahadasa: October 24, 1970 (birthdate) - October 13, 1974 (age 3)

This certainly explains why my first two years of life were quite chaotic (or so I'm told since I thankfully was too young to remember it). During this period, my mother was diagnosed with schizophrenia, my parents got divorced, my father exited my life (and would stay exited until his death some years ago), and doctors misdiagnosed me as developmentally delayed. So chaotic that the earliest photo of me is at age three! Other relatives took me in at age two (sometime in 1973) after finding me in a bad environment, and raised me.

Venus Mahadasha: October 13, 1974 (age 3) - October 14, 1994 (age 23)

I had a strict but good upbringing in nice neighborhoods, where I thrived. During this period, I got a solid education, graduated from college with honors, and also earned an advanced degree. Had a serious relationship during this Mahadasha. However, I did have a couple of brief but significant depressive episodes during this mahadasha. My mother also committed suicide during this Mahadasha.

Sun Mahadasha: October 14, 1994 (age 23) - October 13, 2000 (age 29)

Entered the workforce. Earned a good living during this time, with multiple promotions. Had a two-year serious relationship, but it ended in 1997. One of the relatives who helped raised me died during this Mahadasha.

Moon Mahadasha: October 13, 2000 (age 29) - October 14, 2010 (age 39)

Worst dasha (that I remember) of my life! The first two years started well, then career and financial troubles. Worked jobs far below my talents. Nervous breakdown in 2007, including an involuntary commitment to a mental hospital for 72 hours. Also had surgery due to health problems during this Mahadasha. While I never had contact with him that I can recall, I should note that my father died during this Mahadasha. The only good, significant thing from this Mahadasha is that I started my freelance work.

Mars Mahadasha: October 14, 2010 (age 39) - current

Started out rough, and things are erratic career-wise and finance-wise. However, I've got some positive things in the pipeline.

Unfortunately, I don't experience my Jupiter Mahadasha -- which aligns with my Sagittarius Ascendant -- until I'm in my mid-60s.

Last edited:

Rajarshi

charts attached

presently Mars main period & Jupiter sub period is running from 1 April 2012 to 7 March 13

Attachments

• Zuri astro_2at_02_anonymous_hw.36730.24279.gif
    Zuri astro_2at_02_anonymous_hw.36730.24279.gif
    60.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Zuri vedic-chart-pdf (1).pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: