Solar eclipse 13 November: who will be affected?

fullmoonlibra

As you know, on 13 November at 11:08 PM, there will be a Solar eclipse at 21 degrees Scorpio.

Is there anyone who will have personal contacts on this moment?

I will have the eclipse in my 4th house, conjunct IC opposite Venus.

jenluvsblackcat

I know it will be in my second house and I feel exceptionally emotional, bitter and crabby at the moment....after a few months of feeling very happy.
How can one discern if this eclipse will make aspects to personal planets?

Culpeper

Premium Member
This eclipse will be seen in northern Australia, and south Pacific islands. That is where is will have its greatest effects. Natives and countries with Scorpio prominent will also feel the influence. An eclipse has a life span the average being three and one-half years. Since this eclipse is in Scorpio which is a fixed sign its influence will be should be longer than average. The ruler of this eclipse is Mars, and as a result its influence could be very violent.

The influence is not felt immediately; it must be triggered by the eclipse ruler. This is caused by conjunction, but opposition is also possible. Mars will conjunct the degree, 21 Scorpio on 1 September 2014. It is from this time that the most dangerous events may happen. After Mars other planets can also trigger the eclipse degree.

Saturn is another important planet to consider. It is said to end an eclipse. Although Saturn is now in Scorpio, it is so slow that it will not reach 21 degrees until 6 October 2014. Thus the period of greatest danger from this eclipse will be quite short just over a month.

fullmoonlibra

This eclipse will be seen in northern Australia, and south Pacific islands. That is where is will have its greatest effects. Natives and countries with Scorpio prominent will also feel the influence. An eclipse has a life span the average being three and one-half years. Since this eclipse is in Scorpio which is a fixed sign its influence will be should be longer than average. The ruler of this eclipse is Mars, and as a result its influence could be very violent.

The influence is not felt immediately; it must be triggered by the eclipse ruler. This is caused by conjunction, but opposition is also possible. Mars will conjunct the degree, 21 Scorpio on 1 September 2014. It is from this time that the most dangerous events may happen. After Mars other planets can also trigger the eclipse degree.

Saturn is another important planet to consider. It is said to end an eclipse. Although Saturn is now in Scorpio, it is so slow that it will not reach 21 degrees until 6 October 2014. Thus the period of greatest danger from this eclipse will be quite short just over a month.

Does that really matter that much :crying: cause I was born 2 days before a total lunar eclipse, which falls in my 3rd house conjunct Pluto in Scorpio. I didn't took this too seriously.

JUPITERASC

Does that really matter that much :crying: cause I was born 2 days before a total lunar eclipse, which falls in my 3rd house conjunct Pluto in Scorpio. I didn't took this too seriously.
From my own personal experience of eclipses in general - not just this particular eclipse - as well as my own observations of eclipses combined with research on the matter - dependent upon individual factors in the natal chart - eclipse related events could in fact occur:

(1) four days before an eclipse as well as
(2) four days following an eclipse

so fwiw IMO its a good idea to notice events around four days following this particular eclipse i.e. 17/18 November 2012

– furthermore fwiw IMO eclipse related events of 17/18 November 2012 are linked to current Mercury retrograde cycle :smile:

Since Scorpio is the natural domicile aka home of Mars then (a) note aspects from transiting Mars to natal Mars as well as to other transiting/natal planets.

CURRENTLY MERCURY IS RETROGRADE AND THEN GOES DIRECT
20/21 November 2012 Mercury retrogrades over the degree of the eclipse
3 December 2012 Mercury direct transits the degree of the eclipse
8/9 December 2012 is another interesting date as Venus transits the degree of the eclipse

For those days, note aspects from transiting/natal Mars to natal as well as other transiting planets AND keep notes for future reference.

Events for the individual are likely to differ, dependent on NATAL PROMISE as well as on the natal location of:
(1) Mars ruled houses
(2) Mars
(3) Planets/angles in natal that are at the particular eclipse degree

Not everyone is necessarily personally affected by an eclipse, often one is affected indirectly due to events occurring to friends/family

As well there are events that affect individuals because of a global effect e.g. on Nations/Countries

Sany

I have Sun at 23 degrees Scorpio. Does it affect me? I think yes. For the last month or two I have felt very sad, lonely and lost. Almost depressed I would say. Some people have just vanished from my life. It's really very weird since those were people very close to me who I spent most of my time with. Our paths just suddenly separated. Saturn enetering Scorpio could also be the reason.

I'm not sure what to expect from this eclipse, it's in my 6th house conjunct Sun, ruler of 4th. And the ruler of eclipse, Mars is in 5th.

pianoluci

Premium Member
Hi.. I'm new to AW, just getting oriented, enjoying everyone's thoughts, insight and interpretations.. :)

The 11-13-12 Eclipse ~
squares my natal Sun ( 22 Aquarius, 6th)
squares natal Pluto ( 20 Leo, 12th),
conjuncts my IC ( 24 Scorpio),
opposes my MC ( 24 Taurus)..
Natal Mars is 9 Scorpio, 3rd..
My current Progressed Moon is 22 Scorpio, 3rd...
Mars rules my 9th...is currently transiting through the last degrees of my 4th. 5th house cusp is 28 Sag.

Can you help me interpret how the eclipse might affect me? I'd sure appreciate anyone's insight!

JUPITERASC

I have Sun at 23 degrees Scorpio. Does it affect me? I think yes. For the last month or two I have felt very sad, lonely and lost. Almost depressed I would say. Some people have just vanished from my life. It's really very weird since those were people very close to me who I spent most of my time with. Our paths just suddenly separated. Saturn enetering Scorpio could also be the reason. I'm not sure what to expect from this eclipse, it's in my 6th house conjunct Sun, ruler of 4th. And the ruler of eclipse, Mars is in 5th.
Hi Sany, pianoluci asks a similar question
Hi.. I'm new to AW, just getting oriented, enjoying everyone's thoughts, insight and interpretations.. :)

The 11-13-12 Eclipse ~
squares my natal Sun ( 22 Aquarius, 6th)
squares natal Pluto ( 20 Leo, 12th),
conjuncts my IC ( 24 Scorpio),
opposes my MC ( 24 Taurus)..

Natal Mars is 9 Scorpio, 3rd..
My current Progressed Moon is 22 Scorpio, 3rd...
Mars rules my 9th...is currently transiting through the last degrees of my 4th. 5th house cusp is 28 Sag.
Can you help me interpret how the eclipse might affect me? I'd sure appreciate anyone's insight!
I posted earlier on another thread as follows
downtomars, solar eclipses repeat in regular cycles - link to Fred Espanak Solar Eclipse page http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/solar.html :smile:

so there was a solar eclipse 13 November 1993 that was also almost exactly conjunct your MC

- was there any effect at that time on your career? If not the eclipse could have affected your home because the MC opposes the IC
To assess possible eclipse related events recall events at the time of previous eclipses on this same degree i.e. in this case 13 November 1993

and if applicable

the eclipse prior to that on the same degree occurred on 12 November 1966.
If you were very young at that time then ask parents/family

Skywomb

Depends on how you count, if will or won't. ; - ) As always.

My Pluto is there at any rate........Mars and my MC some 5 degrees off (natally conjunct Pluto).

JUPITERASC

Here's an example of Mercury Retrograde linking to an eclipse that occurred just last year

- in this particularly case it was a lunar eclipse and fwiw IMO I clearly delineated the connection to the Mercury Retrograde cycle occurring at that time.
Mercury seems to affect everyone differently dependent on the house position and aspects of natal mercury as well as house position and aspects of transiting Mercury and your story is a great validation of the phenomenon.

We had a full moon lunar total eclipse literally just seven hours ago as well and when I looked at your chart just now I notice it conjuncted your natal Sun within four degrees on the 3rd house/9th house axis. You say your truck was totaled on November 6th? On that day Transiting Mars was just separating from a square to your Natal Jupiter and the square is within three degrees away from when it was exact

What is intriguing is that when gemini59's chart is looked at, the current Mercury Retrograde is clearly linked in with the total lunar eclipse so here's a link to the thread which also gives a link to the natal chart in question
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42721 “Mercury retrograde November 23rd”

gemini59 tells us that their truck was totaled on Nov 6th the day after Mercury went into its shadow period. Mercury was at 5 Sagittarius the day the truck was totaled. Also transiting Mars was just three degrees past and separating from an exact square to gemini59's natal Jupiter, (ruler of gemini59's 9th house and in which, five weeks after the truck was totaled, (Note that gemini59 describes the truck as having been 'totaled' and the eclipse in question is a total one) the transiting Sun opposed gemini59's natal sun at the time of the eclipse today on 10 December 2011 AND Mercury Retrograde has returned to the degree at which the truck was 'totaled'

Looking at the chart we find that gemini59's Sun is at 22 Gemini 28 which is within four degrees of the full moon total eclipse degree Moon 18Gemini/Sun 18 Sagittarius

Furthermore gemini59's Sun is located in the 3rd house so today's full moon total eclipse occurred on the 3rd/9th axis of this natal chart.
Mercury, domicile ruler of the eclipse had at the time of the eclipse retrograded back to the exact degree it had occupied at the time the truck was totaled.

the foregoing events clearly show
(a) how eclipse effects can be triggered before as well as after the actual eclipse

(b) how Mercury Retrograde effects begin during the shadow period
(c) how in this case, Mercury Retrograde effects linked to transport and/or travel are clearly linked and/or combined with the effects of a total lunar eclipse occurring on a Mercury ruled Sun located in a Mercury ruled third house
:smile:

Solastro

Sany.. & anyone else..

I did a blog on this Scorpio Eclipse.. at http://whatsitallmeanthen.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/a-scorpio-solar-eclipse-new-moon-with.html?showComment=1352768407368#!/2012/11/a-scorpio-solar-eclipse-new-moon-with.html.. getting back to the basics of what does the sign Scorpio really mean, for us all on the deepest possible levels.. Including looking back at meaning of the two major lights, the Sun & the Moon, which form a union at every Solar elipse.. In alchemy this is known as the Heros Gamos, or Sacred marriage, of the feminine & masculine within us all.. And, how are we going with that "marrirage" or inner relationship.. Is it an equal & honest relationship etc et al.. ie. Our inner world, & it's condition, reflected in our outer world.. Alchemy is getting aquainted with all of our wounded shadow part of us, that may be steering us in the wrong direction in our lives, until we face ourselves & our deepest issues with total honesty.. And also therefore doing so with others in the world.. Yes, alchemy indeed.. Along with looking at the Sabian Symbols for this Eclipse.. And, here's the essence of the deepest meaning of the sign of Scorpio, the Scorpio.. ie. Is it not truly empowering to open up unconditionally to another person and share the depths of your Soul without having any expectation of the outcome? It is through those exchanges that we become truly conscious of our underlying psychological landscape and in knowing both the depth and heights of our feelings about ourselves and our lives, truly frees us. Without egoic influences, what truly makes Scorpio powerful is the ability to understand the depths of feeling invoked in open and honest emotional exchanges between people and not having an attachment to the intensity of feelings provoked when sharing...

The Sun
The Gift: The ability to alter basic values & priorities, thereby allowing one’s actual behavior to reflect developments in his or her evolving inner life.
The Challenge: Are you strong enough to change the very basis of your identity, allowing yourself the freedom to become what you have never been before?
Key Questions: Who am I? What kinds of experiences help me strengthen & clarify my Self-image? Where can I find & expand my personal power? What unconscious biases shape my worldview?

While here is a brief summary of the Sun & the Moon from 'The Inner Sky' by Steve Forrest..

The Moon
The Gift: The capacity to feel & respond emotionally. The development of subjectivity, impressionability & sensitivity. The development of what we might call the Soul.
The Challenge: Can you allow repressed or misunderstood emotions that demand expression & inclusion… into your conscious awareness & to act accordingly?
Key Questions: What kinds of experiences are most essential to my happiness? When moodiness & irrationality overtake me, how are they expressed? What unconscious emotional needs motivate my behavior?

And, meanwhile here's a quote by master mytholgist & modern Shaman Michael Meade.. "The moment that we predetermine the meaning or the outcome of the issues that life places in our path, we deprive ourselves of the immediacy of the Spirit o...f life and at the same time lose the genuine humility and open-mindedness required for learning and real change." at http://www.mosaicvoices.org/

Best of luck with it all then...

tori

Hi all,

I'm not sure how to interpret this, but the eclipse is occurring in my third house.

I read above the natal planets between certain degrees in fixed signs will feel this more.

I have my natal merc in Taurus @ 21 degrees in the 9th house.

What the heck do I make of this?

Any help greatly appreciated!

fullmoonlibra

The eclipse was in my 3rd house and I felt that the 3rd house issues came to the surface.
I had a fight with my cousin (a sun in Gemini), around the time of the eclipse we started talking and going out together again.
I 'changed community' by sleeping over elsewhere than house.
I've changed my hair color and have seen old friends from secondary education at the coiffeur.

All 3rd house issues..

And I even hadn't personal contacts in my chart.