Mercury in Pisces: How do you reach these people?

CaptNemo

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. Looking forward to hanging out here.

I have had alot of sucess with astrology and in a nut shell I was an Intellegent Libra, but I was one dimensional since my approach to life was all AIR. Astrology balanced me out and now I understand how to operate in all the Elements, but the source of my engery in Knowledge (AIR) and I still run into ruff spots when I have to communicate with people who don't have a logical mind or who make emotional or intutive decisions (Water/Earth oriented people).

Here is my question:

I'm Libra and I have this Aries persion in my life I have to deal with. Both us are a Strong Libra VS. a Strong Aries and as you all know we are oppisites.

Well I have problems conveying Knowledge to this impulsive Aries, so I did her chart to see how her brain works. As you all Know Mercury is the planet that rules your rational center. Comming from a Computer Design background, I consider Mercury your CPU, where you put things together. My Mercury is in Scorpio, and my Venus is in Virgo. So basically I'm a very logical Libra, even in the maters of Love: ... and astrology has help me understand myself and my place in the universe.

Well I did the chart on this Aries person and it turns out that her Mercury is in Pisces. So this Aries person makes Impulsive Emotional/Intuitive decisions. You can see that when I try to explain my rational logical ideas I will have problems. I have learned you use imagery and metaphors to communicate but I was wondering if you guys could give me other suggestion on how to communicate with this Impulsive, Emtional/Gut Level not very educated Strong Minded Aries. Here is what I have found on Mercury in Pisces:

Mercury is in 28 Degrees Pisces.
Your ideas and thought processes do not come to you in an orderly, logical fashion. Instead, you think
with your feelings or with images produced by your rich and fertile imagination. A very subjective
person, your dreams and fantasies are very important to you. You trust your intuitions and tend to
reject ideas that are based solely on logic. Very impressionable, you are sensitive to the moods and
emotional states of those with whom you come into contact.

... this explains the Aries in my life exactly, at least that's how I see her? If you were a Libra how would you communicate scientific facts and/or just basically communicate with an Aries whose Mercury is in Pisces?

All opinions welcome. :biggrin:

Last edited:

piscesnurse

The mercury in pisces sees and feels it all almost universally
one word a mercury in pisces is much deeper than people think ~ listen listen listen as well to what they are saying (from a mercury in pisces)

Wildezword

I'd use images, not sentences to convey facts to Mercury in Pisces. You might also consider using "dramatic exaggeration." All fact and no flavor probably won't work on Mercury in Pisces. Or illustrate a story with the facts. Good luck. :wink:

CaptNemo

The mercury in pisces sees and feels it all almost universally
one word a mercury in pisces is much deeper than people think ~ listen listen listen as well to what they are saying (from a mercury in pisces)

I agree, but you are Pisces not an Aries. I find Aries people very impulsive and don't have much patience for facts. Add Mercury in Pisces to that, and a rational person could have problems

dperez3894

Yes, visual stuff and metaphors work. It also has to make an emotional impact as well.

I'm an Aries with Mercury in Pisces. If you throw a bunch of raw data and numbers at us or try to explain in pure logic, then it's all a bunch of gibberish. You might as well be telling all of the data and logic to the wall.

The visualization and impressions from Mercury in Pisces is the reason I learn better from videos than from books.

I can learn from books but the data slowly comes together in microscopic bits and pieces until it forms a big picture, kind of like Sherlock Holmes seeing the answer to a mystery become a picture inside his head.

CaptNemo

Yes, visual stuff and metaphors work. It also has to make an emotional impact as well.

I'm an Aries with Mercury in Pisces. If you throw a bunch of raw data and numbers at us or try to explain in pure logic, then it's all a bunch of gibberish. You might as well be telling all of the data and logic to the wall.

The visualization and impressions from Mercury in Pisces is the reason I learn better from videos than from books.

I can learn from books but the data slowly comes together in microscopic bits and pieces until it forms a big picture, kind of like Sherlock Holmes seeing the answer to a mystery become a picture inside his head.

Thanks,

So it is true that some people put things together with pictures and imagery better?

What I find interesting is that some people will not make decisions soley on logic. ... I love making decisions soley on logic???

Caro

the merc in pisces should calm this aries down a little,
if you are very descriptive in your communication and not confrontational, the right setting by the sea in a nice little coffee shop and this person may begin to chill.
aries can often put on a big 'bluff'. sometimes quite insecure underneath.

byjove

Account Closed
I'm sorry but to me a good deal of what was said about this co-worker seems very arrogant and superior. You have effectively reduced this person in your own thinking to how the Greeks called these people the Celts as 'barbarians'. History shows the Celts were very sophisticated in ways other civilizations of that time couldn't dream of - simply that the Greeks THOUGHT they were superior!! Hint hint! I don't think you necessarily mean ill, but mother of G, come down to earth and join us!!

I'm a guy with Sun in Aries and Mercury in Pisces, just like my father. Over the years I've seen many of 'my' characteristics in him and so have come to see them face to face. Time has passed since you posted this thread, but if you still see this person...

- Kindness and sincerity and compassion are key, M in Pis. helps ANYONE. Speak to them with your heart, not your facts (90% of which are BS anyway, and every fact has a similar opposing fact)
- A professor at home said I 'absorb as if by osmosis', so they're absorbing when you've finished preaching your 'logic' to them
- A great deal of high-intelligence folk come from this group, don't underestimate it! There are threads on this here if you have a look.
- It's a an old joke to consider this placement as an impairment of intelligence. I recommend this article to help clear that up:

http://www.mindfire.ca/The Planets Through the Signs/Mercury Though the Signs/Mercury in Pisces.htm

Last edited:

piscesnurse

hi yes, but i have aries rising and a astrologist told me my chart had a strong mars influence :] @ captain nemo
mecrury in pisces thinks in images and about a thousand things at once
we absorb so much we need to ground ourselves and filter things out It someone can be on one subject and we are thinking about that but have already gone on to something else

Last edited:

piscesnurse

byjove @ i love what you said about mercury in pisces It is refreshing to hear a positive
usually all i hear is negativity~ re this placement mine is in the 12th

Caro

byjove - well said.

merc in pisces gets a bad press on here!

Im an aqua sun and merc in pisces - I recognise the issues but it does have some good points - thanks for the thread.

Flowergirl

It's a an old joke to consider this placement as an impairment of intelligence. I recommend this article to help clear that up:

http://www.mindfire.ca/The Planets Through the Signs/Mercury Though the Signs/Mercury in Pisces.htm
Thanks for the link. I'm one of the people who don't like Mercury in Pisces but I will stop giving it a bad rap because I realise now not everyone with this placement feels it's bad.

The descriptions about both Mercury and Sun in Pisces in the link describe my dislike of it well. I have trouble thinking and communicating logically. I'm misunderstood most of the time and live reclusively because of it. I am scatterbrained a lot and often live in the mud of confusion and are too sensitive. This is not exactly a recipe for living successfully in the world as we know it.

Chiron is transiting my Mercury at the moment and it is bringing all of these things from the past back again to be dealt with. I suppose it's a good thing. :smile:

The original poster asked "How do you reach these people" and I can only say have compassion with these particular difficulties. Everyone is just trying their best with whatever peculiarities they have.

Caro

Thanks for the link. I'm one of the people who don't like Mercury in Pisces but I will stop giving it a bad rap because I realise now not everyone with this placement feels it's bad.

The descriptions about both Mercury and Sun in Pisces in the link describe my dislike of it well. I have trouble thinking and communicating logically. I'm misunderstood most of the time and live reclusively because of it. I am scatterbrained a lot and often live in the mud of confusion and are too sensitive. This is not exactly a recipe for living successfully in the world as we know it.

Chiron is transiting my Mercury at the moment and it is bringing all of these things from the past back again to be dealt with. I suppose it's a good thing. :smile:

The original poster asked "How do you reach these people" and I can only say have compassion with these particular difficulties. Everyone is just trying their best with whatever peculiarities they have.

Flowergirl it seems a shame that you hide from the world with this placing.

Im interested in how the chiron transit (to merc)works out for you as I have this coming up - I am really looking forward to it.:smile:

Flowergirl

Flowergirl it seems a shame that you hide from the world with this placing.

Im interested in how the chiron transit (to merc)works out for you as I have this coming up - I am really looking forward to it.:smile:

The Chiron transit is really very pleasant for me because it is bringing up a lot of realisations and hidden inner stuff that needs to be looked at. I feel that I can process realisations quicker, heal and put it behind me and move on. Where I felt stuck in the mud with my Mercury issues before, I am now looking at them again, accepting and moving on. It's a good feeling and positive experience to let it go. So far it's been good...

As far as hiding, I hope that one day I'll be able to feel more comfortable in the world but the world is changing. I read a very interesting article on Neptune in Pisces the other day where it said that all things Piscean will be more valued and deemed 'normal' for the next 14 years. That means that my kind of lifestyle, way of expression and being won't be deemed so 'weird' by society anymore. :tongue: Hope that makes sense to you. Maybe I'll even come to value my Pisces in Merc down the line.

Caro

Hi FG
you are of course right the piscean energy is not valued, it is not a heavy agressive energy and therefore
in the materialistic world we live in - many do not recognise its values.
I too like you think neptune in pisces will calm all these squares in cardinals down and also help those with piscean planets be heard. it will hopefully raise the vibration of communication. You will be feeling the effects of neptune now I would have thought.
there are a lot of like minded people you can connect with so hopefully you will find them

CosmicBlyss

I'd use images, not sentences to convey facts to Mercury in Pisces. You might also consider using "dramatic exaggeration." All fact and no flavor probably won't work on Mercury in Pisces. Or illustrate a story with the facts. Good luck. :wink:

If you throw a bunch of raw data and numbers at us or try to explain in pure logic, then it's all a bunch of gibberish. You might as well be telling all of the data and logic to the wall.

LOL, that is SO true. I sometimes think and feel in pictures. It would be extremely helpful if we could just converse with images or appropriate music that perfectly captures what we're feeling at a particular time. Once feelings can be properly distilled into words, I try to convey them with analogies sometimes to give others an idea of what a certain feeling is like, but the actual process of accurately getting out what I feel/think, or what I want to say, can be difficult sometimes, especially in the midst of an onslaught of strong feeling waves/currents. It's like my brain gets flooded if the feeling gauge goes too high (in either direction really, positive or not so much..) and the structured thoughts and sentences I may have been piecing together and keeping track of turn into 52 card pick up or something.. :pinched:

Do you know people (if not yourself) with this placement that are highly intuitive, creative and/or artistic? Do you or they
draw/paint or do something specific in a very artistic way, create/play music or write poetry/stories? Just curious :eek:
I *wish* I could paint, but I think very lyrically and enjoy reading and writing in such style as well.
Many of Sarah Mclachlan & Enya's lyrics rock my musical socks :biggrin:

piscesnurse

This is so true thinking in images or just knowing ~it is as your brain becomes so filled with everything flooding in. i find i can really relate to people as well.(feeling or knowing) i also write poetry .. even though i am a nurse i have worked in jobs where communication is key

I agree, but you are Pisces not an Aries. I find Aries people very impulsive and don't have much patience for facts. Add Mercury in Pisces to that, and a rational person could have problems

Where's the chart please? I am assuming that mercury in pisces has other aspects. I think just taking one aspect like this and generalising is doing a disservice to all those mercury/pisces.

Plus it would be interesting to see a synastry bi wheel with you and this person, that could give you pointers. If you don't know here time, post a 12noon chart, if you don't have her permission to post the chart you can always black out the data...

How to attach a chart as thumbnail
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

what members like to see in a thread – help forum
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25930

byjove

Account Closed
You mean an Aries with Mercury in Pisces could have little patience with rationale, or those dealing with them?!

Ruka_5

Banned

Not always true; my mother was an Aries ascendant with Mercury in Pisces and she wasn't a difficult space-cadet type by a long shot.