Natal sun falls on 5th house cusp or 4th?

moon88

Since my sun lands on the cusp does that mean I am technically a 4th house sun. If I would have been born 2 minutes later, it would have been in the 4th house.
I am more introverted, and private. And yet all of my serious meaningful and deep relationships have been with Cancer men/ or scorpios. Please help me understand, that it could be due to a 4th house sun, any clarity would be greatly appreciated J

Attachments

• aquarius.jpg
    aquarius.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 23

JUPITERASC

Since my sun lands on the cusp
does that mean I am technically a 4th house sun.
If I would have been born 2 minutes later, it would have been in the 4th house.

I am more introverted, and private.
And yet all of my serious meaningful and deep relationships have been with Cancer men/ or scorpios.
Please help me understand,
that it could be due to a 4th house sun,
any clarity would be greatly appreciated J
The house location of any natal planet is entirely dependent on the house system chosen :smile:

easily verified by using a selection of any of the fourteen different house systems
on offer at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page

Whole Sign House system therefore
places your Aquarius Sun in 5th House

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses". There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity. In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets. Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing. A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries, so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope, which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart. The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example, were definite power points or areas of intense focus, but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant. In fact, there is no real basis for the astrological houses at all. They derive from a misunderstanding of the true nature of the Ascendant and Midheaven factors in astrology, Ascendant representing Earth/terrestial sphere, and Midheaven representing Sky/Heaven /celestial sphere....'

'...If any house system should be used at all, it should be the Whole Sign House system, where the ascendant sign becomes the whole first house and the others follow. Ascendant point can then fall anywhere in the first house and the midheaven point anywhere in the upper half of the chart. The Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks and the Hindus(who still use it today). It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence, and immediately eliminates the awful mess astrologers have made on the issue over the last 1300 years or so....'

WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163
WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669

moon88

Thank you for taking the time to repsond. However, I am still a bit confused. :) I thought that if the planet was so close to the cusp, you can basically interpret that planet as in the next house (3-5 degs). Would that apply if it's the natal sun? Why am I more drawn & vice versa to Cancer/Scorpio men? Would a 5th house Aquarian sun draw them in?

moon88

Re: Why have my significant relationships been with Scorpios & Cancers?

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me, based on my natal sun right on the cusp of the 5th? Why have i always felt the best connections with Scorpios & the cancer men?