New Member saying hello and career changing

Amazon1963

Hello Astrology Weekly forum members and thank you Radu for providing the forum and one of the most insightful and informative astrology sites online I have come across in years.

Here is a brief introduction into my own natal chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3&btyp=w2gw&&cid=or1filewvmrJb-u1079284496

Female
June 14, 1963 @ 6:25 pm, EST
Augusta, Georgia, USA

As a novice to the actual study and interpretation of astrology, I am using Wilsontc's (thank you Wilsontc, your gift is appreciated) approach to defining my own chart. I would like to state that I am an advocate of Western astrology, in that people are first individuals with free will and choice and that astrology can provide us with insight into ourselves and others, as well as provide information on transits and trends from which we can chose to act on or not.

My question today is about career changing. Due to a work related injury that occurred in September 2002, while Saturn was in Gemini, it was to be a very profound impact on my career and earnings. Nursing careers are quickly extinguished if you are found to have spinal problems.

Without going into great details about my personal life, I have found that Saturn in Cancer provided even more obstacles and losses to overcome with regards to intimate relationships and finances. As Cancer has gone into Leo for its visit, I believe it will be focused on my ninth house. Please correct me if I am wrong on this observation.

I am now on the precipice of beginning a new career in real estate. My work background provides a solid base in home construction, (co-owned home construction business with former spouse, for 8 yrs prior to divorce in 1995), however, I believe my skills and abilities would be better served in the sales and brokerage areas of real estate rather than returning to home building. It is my goal to be successful in the sales and marketing of real estate, become a full broker and ultimately own my own business again.

If anyone would like to view my chart and give some insight into my journey down this new career path, natally or transit related, I welcome any input.

Thank you!

Amazon1963

wilsontc

Staff member
Bravo!

Amazon,

Thanks for the nice mention of my chart approach! And bravo at your work at finding out the meaning of your chart! With your Moon (home) focused in the 4h house (home), it is not surprising that you work with real estate. With the South node (easy goals) focused in the 2nd house (physical, also money), you used to approach makng money in real estate from a "physical" point of view (construction). But now you have moved into your North node (future goals) focused in the 8th house (other people's money) you now approach them from the point of view of "others" (brokerage). Since you have an "others" focused chart, this is a natural and efficient use of your energies. Since Cancer (home) modifies the North node (future goals) and since Moon (home) trines your North node, the "home" focus is still very much part of your future goals. And with a T-square focused on Gemini (thinking, also sales) modifying Mercury (thinking, also sales) conjunct (energy is combined with) Venus (relationships) conjunct the Descendant (others), sales are very much a part of your approach to the world.

When Cancer (home) was modifying transiting (planets in the sky) Saturn (duty, also career) it was sextiling (easy energy) your Midheaven (outer world), your stellium (collection of energy) in Virgo (daily work), bringing an opportunity to work toward a career. Now that Leo (self-expression) is modifying transiting Saturn, Saturn is sextiling your Gemini stellium and so helping you with your sales career.

In short, what could have been a very difficult time was actually a very helfpul time, as you were able to build on your past experiences to structure a great career for yourself. Everything in the chart looks very positive, just continue to apply hard work (Saturn LOVES hard work) and make it happen!

Encouraging those new to astrology,

Tim

Amazon1963

Tim,

You are very welcome for the thank you! Deserved! Teaching and presenting written work for a novice to follow and understand isnt an easy undertaking. It should always be acknowledged and respected for the gift that it is.

Thank you again for taking a look into my natal chart. I had made the choice to make real estate my new career path after physicians concurred that nursing at the bedside would no longer be an option for me. I could have gone on and worked at a desk in a nursing role, but knowing myself as I do, I wouldnt have had the same job satisfaction.

The field of real estate is a complete career change for me. I just dont know enough yet as a novice to chart interpretation to find all the things you pointed out to me. I actually have an affinity for it in multiple positions in my chart. Very enlightening, thank you!!!

I worked in construction with my former spouse because it was his dream and he needed me. All along I had a dream of going into nursing. But, raising a small child and a booming housing industry didnt allow time to pursue that goal til later on. When the time came I was very successful in both college and in the field. I was chosen straight out of school to work in critical care. I believe my moon in Pisces both helped and hindered my nursing work. When Saturn entered the picture in a big way, I was in denial about burn out.

I have learned since to use and exert more control over my 'radar' with people and its impact on me personally. I still have to deal with absorbing other people's anxieties or emotions and guard against its effect on me, especially with intimate relationships, however, I am learning to control it.

As for learning how to interpret my chart, I am using every resource I can find online and in book stores. I am approaching this process just like I would any science course; learning the symbols, houses, planets, glyphs and so on.

Thank you again, Tim, your findings on my chart really encouraged me all the more to follow my dreams!

Cordially and with gratitude!

Amazon1963