anyone love Solar Arcs?

So easy and quick, just progressing each planet 1' for each year of your life. Great for retification purposes, but very sensitve on the Angles.

For examaple I have SA Saturn just coming off my Asc. Obvious things like slow downs, health problems with bones etc like Arthritis my knees and neck got murch worse. Lots frustration, want to go forward, but felt held back by circumstances beyond my control.

I have needed the slow down to take stock, repair my health, mental and psychological and emotional states. Haven't tried or wanted to plan anything major or even minor. Just content with what I have, just learning to live in the Now, the present moment, take each day and problem as it arrives.....

Any other examples, anybody else got or had Saturn conj Asc?

Last edited by a moderator:

Night Sky

I just been through SA Pluto conjunct Natal Sun. Just about out of orb range suggested by Noel Tyle which is 40´ on separation. I know from this that Solar Arcs are real and very strong.

I have come to think that Solar Arc is essential in any transit reading.

cassanra

I have deduced also from going back through events that they are defintely the bomb on information and predicting. i just started looking into them this year. There is a great thread...look under progressions. Right now solar arc neptune is doing a number on moon/sun and venus/mars (sun/moon midpoint). Jupiter is opposite solar arc AC....not sure what all this is going to play out as but it wil help me with predictions in the future as I learn as I go.

cassanra

Astrol.com has the solar arc included with a natal and progressions chart. I downloaded astrowin to get just the solar arc chart as a stand alone chart with the natal. Again, we had a long thread devoted to solar arc called something like solar arc and birth time..

starlink

Hi Astrologer50, yes I love Solar Arc directions. I have Noel Tyll's book on them and it is fascinating and as you say, very easy really to spot them.
What is however very important here is that you cannot just look at a Solar Arc directed chart and conclude from that alone. A SA hit will only have an effect when supported by important transits and progressions at the same time the SA planet hits another one, or, when there are several SA hits going on in the same year. It this is not the case, then you wont notice much from these hits. I copied one of the threads from way back where rectifying the natal chart with the help of SA directions is being discussed. Have a look. It was a great thread and throws light on Solar Arc directions.

subscribed.gif
Using Solar Arcs to Rectify a Natal Chart (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

This is a site in the internet explaining Solar Arc Directions, written by Pat White.
http://www.alabe.com/solararc.html

In this treaty there is talk about Arc openings, which for me is too much of a good thing. I just stick to the way Noel Tyll describes. But maybe one of you finds it interesting.

This is written by Noel Tyll:

Accuracy in Prediction: Using Solar Arcs and Midpoint Pictures -

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:
I have transiting Uranus in 2nd opposite natal Jupiter in Virgo in 8th, PLUS SA Uranus conjunct natal Jupiter. These are the two money houses and I do consider Jupiter to be very fortunate in this house, in Virgo it wants depth and breadth and details and thats I expand and grow, in the house of Scorpio/occult, life after death, joint finances.... definately have strong interest.......

any opinions??

Night Sky

Is there any particular program which allows you to calculate SA to Midpoint progressions?

It is fairly easy to see the SA to Natal conjunctions, squares and oppositions, but for semi-square to a midpoint, is going to take a bit more time to do it by sight.

Starlink, or anyone?

Thanks

Night Sky said:
Is there any particular program which allows you to calculate SA to Midpoint progressions?

It is fairly easy to see the SA to Natal conjunctions, squares and oppositions, but for semi-square to a midpoint, is going to take a bit more time to do it by sight.

Starlink, or anyone?

Thanks

Think theres enough to look at with just the SA conj, squares without going so far into Midpoints, thats really fine tuning to the enth degree hon. look at other things to back up and reinforce what SA are saying...

Night Sky

astrologer50 said:
Think theres enough to look at with just the SA conj, squares without going so far into Midpoints, thats really fine tuning to the enth degree hon. look at other things to back up and reinforce what SA are saying...

I only asked because Noel Tyle´s book uses all of these aspects in equal measure. Was just wondering if anyone has a program which allows you to do those calculations.

in short I don't know any computer programs, Noel Tyle is not the be all and end all. You have had some good advise from the Moderator, try following it first.....

Night Sky

Froggy said:
Okkaaay, so I'm just figuring out solar arcs and adding them to my predictive techniques...

I don't really completely understand much about them yet, but I was wondering if this event seems like it correlate with my SAs...

SA Moon conjunct natal MC/opposite IC (the moon rules the IC, as well) = I moved away from home, to college. Is that sort of the jist of it???

Hmm in 2010 I wil have SA Uranus conjunct my natal Venus, hm.

You have it right. SA is just like any progression only the people who discovered and first started its use, had a few rules.

1. Basically only hard aspects Square, Opposition, Conjunction and Semi-square.

2. Orb applying 1 degree and 40 minutes separating.

3. They used it with midpoints. Solar Arc planets which aspected natal midpoints.

Re: Anyone love Solar Arcs?

maybe you should mention this book for anyone interested hon. Rather disappointed in responses, seems not too many people look at these seriously enough.

My partner has SA Pluto crossing his ASC and it is deeply transformational. He is currently trying to get out of Turkey, but lots of dark forces (incl Govern) want to keep him under control and stay there. But he wants a new life in UK, he has had to learn to do everything above board, the legal way and turn away from the dark, but it has also given him tremendous strength and determination and lots of leverage to get things done. I know he has had to face lots of internal transformations as well as external. I being his lifeline and coming towards the light and love energies, rather than staying in dark and shadows......

Anyone else had this or any others, please post.....

starlink

SA Moon conjunct natal MC/opposite IC (the moon rules the IC, as well) = I moved away from home, to college. Is that sort of the jist of it???
Yes Froggy this is it. When you do the counting personally, not using a programm I mean, then be sure you add one degree=one year for the aspect to work out. (when you were born in the summer).

cassanra

Re: Anyone love Solar Arcs?

When Pluto solar arc passed my DC it first hit a square to MC/IC I married, had my first child and then moved. When it crossed the DC I had my second child and shortly after separated.I am waiting to see what will happen as Solar arc uranus is about to hit my DC with in the next two after hitting a square to MC/IC. Plus with the transits uranus hitting the luminaries. I suspect something will happen but have not figured it out.

Well SA Uranus (the divorce planet) hits 7th cusp, someone is definately going to have issues to do with freedom and independence and wanting more of it and of course, things do happen suddently and unexpectedly and out of the blue........

You can read these SA movements very similar to transits, but at the same time look at your transits to see if soemthing is going to back up what you may think will happen, like its been said before, look at Solar Return, transits etc.

cassanra

Well its hard to get divorced if you aren't married but I do have two teenagers one 16 chomping at the bit
Since Im not married I was hoping it would work in reverse:) maybe not:(

starlink

Well its hard to get divorced if you aren't married but I do have two teenagers one 16 chomping at the bit
Since Im not married I was hoping it would work in reverse:) maybe not:(
I doubt that to tell you the truth. Married or living together, it is a longtime relationship and Uranus could put an end to that. You can read Uranus as divorce but also as separation, temporarily or definite.

aquarius7000

Since Im not married I was hoping it would work in reverse..
Uranus denotes a sudden change in status quo, so you are not wrong to think that it could "work in reverse", meaning that, if you are presently single, somebody could come into your life quite unexpectedly, but, with Uranus, the problem 'usually' is that the person 'could' also make his exit quite suddenly (unless there are other aspects counter-acting it). Relationships that have their birth during Uranus 'passings' are usually not of a stable or permanent nature (but then what's perm in life in any case;)), but quite exciting.

:)aquarius7000

Awakened_Pisces

In the year 2008 leading to my Solar year 2009, there's a heavy emphasis on career. SA Venus is conjunct my Progressed MH in Sun Sign Pisces. And SA Moon is conjunct the Natal MH.