Riding Out The Current Energies

Lapis

Today is the New Moon at 9 Aquarius 32'. I know that I've already posted a link to Barbara Hand Clow's site on General Chat under 'Some Helpful Information' , but this latest New Moon report from her answers so many questions. At least it did for me and I'm sure it will for you too.

It's been a heck-of-a-time (my polite G rated version) over these past few months with the Grand Fixed Square and all the rest of it happening at the same time. :? :evil: :x :eek: :roll: 8) Like I needed to even say that! Anyway I felt that this New Moon report of hers deserved a slot right up front so nobody misses reading it. It helps flush the salt out of the wounds and makes sense of the intense condensed lessons we've ALL been living through. A side note - Barbara Hand Clow's brother is Robert Hand. Quite a family of Astrologers!

www.handclow2012.com/astroflash.htm

Kite

The closest opposition to Saturn is the New Moon itself, so there will be a lot of tension over getting what you want and expanding yourself to include others.

Thanks for this Lapis...this might explain why I'm feeling like I'm riding a seesaw with my friends who are going through the wierdest times right now. With the new moon very close to my ascendant at 14 Aquarius, this tension has been pretty front and center for the last several days.

On another note, my daughter enjoyed a very nice Sweet 16 surprise party today. All is not lost in the universe :)

Lapis

Yes Kite, that's why I thought this 'report' of Clow's needed to be right out there for all to see. It's been an intense time for sure. I was wondering if we'd all be brave enough to even hint at how difficult the past few months have been? We all talked about the big Fixed Square from an astrological standpoint but not about the fact that it was kickin' our beeehinds in many different ways! The life side of these astrological transits.....

Happy 16th to your little girl who's rapidly becoming a big girl. :wink:

Arian Maverick

It's been an intense time for sure. I was wondering if we'd all be brave enough to even hint at how difficult the past few months have been? We all talked about the big Fixed Square from an astrological standpoint but not about the fact that it was kickin' our beeehinds in many different ways! The life side of these astrological transits.....

Well, I know that I've been grappling with a few internal demons myself...sometimes I'm overcome with a sense of hopelessness or depression that I can't quite shake off, even if I was lying contently in bed only a few minutes before. But that could also be my 12th house "kickin' my beehind" :)

Aquarian Maverick

C1

:) Hi from the cave in the middle of a monsoon,

Hmm...any "12th house experts" in the house? (Lapis, Baui????....)

Lapis,
thanks so much for your posts. My chiron return a couple years ago was
in my 12th house and it was just like you said....I had to sit and look into
my soul at something called "Right Livelihood based on my Ideals"...

...in my *current life* experience

(...and not some left-over fantasy generated by my
natal Neptune Rx) 8)

.....so true....so true....I'm still focusing on using the
fixed grand cross to get a focus on the present! And it is vitally import now.
:roll:

Elianah said somewhere that Pluto in Scorpio is for working out the
separations and transforming the vision so it's harmonious
with the one-ness.

{Elianah, did I accurately remember what you said?}

AND,
while Leo is where a generation of us have our natal Pluto,
including many hard-working Astrologers....

transiting Jupiter is now in Scorpio
"exacerbating" the whole fixed grand cross vibe :)
8)

Thanks, Lapis, for HandClow's "ASTROFLASH":

The New Moon in Aquarius is the time to remember our ideals, and also a time to work on using our energy better, something rarely mentioned regarding Aquarian issues. The most striking pattern with this Aquarian New Moon is Neptune, Mercury, Moon, Sun, and Chiron in Aquarius opposite Saturn retrograde in Leo. The New Moon in Aquarius is always very idealistic and hyperactive, and with the addition of Chiron, Mercury, and Neptune in Aquarius, it is a call for idealism of health, the mind, and spirituality. Sounds great! Well, with Saturn retrograde in Leo in opposition, this call is exceedingly challenged. First of all, because Saturn is retrograde (since late November 2005), all the issues over "What do I want, what do I need, what can I expect?" have gone inward. We are churning within, seething to take control of our own local field, so there is a lot of jockeying going on. At the emotional level, ideals might seem to be the last thing of interest, yet they will be hitting us in the face during this New Moon because we've all been so stuck due to the grand square. What was that great creative idea you had a few months ago? It may come back and haunt you now. Expect truthful realizations about some of the people who are close to you. Overall, I'd say it is a time to be a bit careful, a bit wary, especially since Neptune is involved, yet intelligent Mercury in Aquarius will be there to keep guard if his energy is grounded.

Chiron has been moving in and out of oppositions to Saturn since 1986, if you can believe it! Chiron and Saturn will be in opposition only three more times: late February, early March, and June-and then that is it. This has been twenty years of continual oppositions that have challenged all of us to structure our personal and collective healing agendas. As a result, many are now in a position to begin to use these talents in a world that has gone crazy. Since the opposition is close during the New Moon and then exact during this lunar month, expect to come to some definitive conclusions about your own healing, as well as the ways you devote yourself to others. This long structural process is ending as Chiron flies freely in Aquarius to the end of the Mayan Calendar.

The closest opposition to Saturn is the New Moon itself, so there will be a lot of tension over getting what you want and expanding yourself to include others. Yet, since Saturn is retrograde, this will function mostly within and may not create a lot of outside events. You may find yourself really seething a lot inside. It would be a good idea to turn to ideals and to the most creative things you love; treat yourself by actuating an ideal instead of thinking somebody else will do it. Wouldn't you rather do it? The opportunity is a good one because of the presence of Chiron, Mercury, and Neptune. This is a beautiful, subtle, and intriguing set-up. There are a lot of possibilities with this configuration, and a major key to the potential is Jupiter in Scorpio, which exactly squares Neptune in Aquarius. This means your idealistic and spiritual potential can be expanded if you will go into the depths of your emotions. Come on! What do you really want? Why not just identify it? Jupiter, as it retrogrades in early March, is going to be closely squaring Neptune until the end of April, which means you are not going to be able to avoid this process of idealistic self-examination.

In case you think you can avoid all this Aquarian sizzle, Uranus in Pisces quincunxes Saturn retrograde in Leo. This means that the way the structural changes occur is based on Saturn's opposition to the stellium of five planets in Aquarius; there are going to be many unexpected surprises and upsets. Uranus in Pisces wants the big picture as far as spirituality goes, and he is not at all impressed with Saturn in Leo's small egotistical desires. Uranus will confound you by not allowing you to avoid the real meaning of things you care about. This quincunx makes it hard to just go get ice cream and suck your thumb. In fact, Saturn himself is being rattled as tries to handle all the planets in Aquarius. Because Uranus is rattling Saturn, the power of Mars opposite Jupiter T-squaring Neptune is going to have a free rein this month; your agendas will be slowed down by Neptune's need to flow being so restricted.

Speaking of flowing, Mars quincunxes Pluto during the New Moon, and this will be exact on February 11, which will cause a huge release of energy. Mars retrograded on October 1, 2005, at 23 Taurus, and it will come to 23 Taurus on February 3 before it quincunxes Pluto. When a planet returns to its retrograde station, the energy of the retrograde work is released. Then the quincunx to Pluto is the depth charge. Thus, all the work you've been doing to create new structures and ways to work is going to come to a head just when Mars quincunxes Pluto! Expect to discover really deep truths about how you like to use your energy based upon all the things you've learned since October 1, 2005.

As for the Bushites in Washington, it looks to me like they may be handling a dollar crisis triggered by Neptune in Aquarius square Jupiter in Scorpio. The Aquarian stellium is in the 11th house (11) in Washington, DC, which might indicate a nervous and thoughtless giveaway. That is, the great losses being incurred because of all the things they haven't paid attention to, such as the debt and excessive military commitments, may become painfully obvious to the world. The lunar North Node in Aries in 1 and the South Node in Libra in 7 suggests that American allies may push the Bushites to grab more. This is an especially loaded situation with Israel, because Hamas won such a resounding victory in the Palestinian election. Uranus and Neptune in 12 suggest more problems with oil supply and secret maneuverings, especially with Jupiter in Scorpio in 8 squaring Neptune in 12. Venus in Capricorn right on the MC turns direct on February 3, a time when people who feel ignored and betrayed could be a problem.

Looks to me like February is going to be a tense and confusing month in Washington, and some truths may come out that slow their agendas down. It looks like a month when America will have to give something up to be more balanced with the world. This month is worth watching because it will offer a good forecast on the success of Bushite agendas through May. Then the second half of the Fourth Night of the Galactic Underworld takes over, and the tide will turn against the Bushites regardless of the astrology. Right now, in relation to the Mayan Calendar, the Bushites have the upper hand, but not for long.

Plenty of food for thought.

C1

Arian Maverick

My chiron return a couple years ago was
my soul at something called "Right Livelihood based on my Ideals"...

Just a quick question...approximately how many years does it take for Chiron to return to its natal position in one's chart?

Elianah said somewhere that Pluto in Scorpio is for working out the
separations and transforming the vision so it's harmonious
with the one-ness.

Thank you! I don't know how many of you also have Pluto in Scorpio...I'm a bit younger than many here, but I try to keep up :wink:

AND,
while Leo is where a generation of us have our natal Pluto,
including many hard-working Astrologers....

transiting Jupiter is now in Scorpio
"exacerbating" the whole fixed grand cross vibe

Lucky me :roll:

Aquarian Maverick

C1

Hi Maverick!

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My chiron return a couple years ago was
my soul at something called "Right Livelihood based on my Ideals"... [C1]

Just a quick question...approximately how many years does it take for Chiron to return to its natal position in one's chart? --[AquarianMaverick]

Oh...once in a lifetime
(twice if you live to be
over 101 years old :wink:)

Here's a link to a "quick and dirty" chiron site:
http://www.zanestein.com/chironreturn.htm

I appreciate your contributions, Aquarian Maverick.....
multi-dimensional and multi-generational!

C1

Arian Maverick

Thank you for that interesting link, although I'm still a bit confused of the numerological significance of the number 7 pertaining to Chiron's orbit...oh well.

Oh...once in a lifetime
(twice if you live to be
over 101 years old )

Well, it appears that I have some time left then :wink:

I appreciate your contributions, Aquarian Maverick.....
multi-dimensional and multi-generational!

Thank you! This means a lot to me, since I always fear that people may be annoyed at my frequent contributions and the antics of my jumbled mind...perhaps it's a Balsamic Moon thing .

Now, back to the discussion...whatever it was before I interrupted :roll:

Aquarian Maverick

Lapis

It's been a really interesting and higher level sorta day today. I then remembered that today is the New Moon 9 Pisces......plus its conjunct Uranus! That explains the day even better. :wink: So here's BARBARA HAND CLOW'S latest New Moon report. C1, how did you copy her last months report the way you did?

*************************************************************************************************************************
February New Moon: February 27, 2006 / View Chart

"It is the New Moon in Pisces, which is my favorite New Moon of the year. It is time for meditation, intuitive reviews of life, and fantasy. This year's New Moon in Pisces is especially wonderful because Uranus is exact conjunct the New Moon. This takes the normal Piscean watery imagination to a more incisive and intelligent level, if you can handle the juice! This is a New Moon for prophesy, multidimensional insights, and right-brain genius. Don't resist, just do it! Finally, for a change, we have some good energy in the heavens!

The New Moon in Pisces is always the last New Moon before the Spring Equinox, so it is the culmination of nearly three months of deep inward assessment that begins at the Winter Solstice. Be sure and re-read the 2005 Winter Solstice reading for these reflections, for soon it will be replaced by the Spring Equinox reading. As many of you know, the whole Winter Solstice quarter has been unbearably intense and formative because of the long grand square formulating and reformulating out of Saturn opposite Neptune squaring Mars opposite Jupiter. It was as if we were all in a vise for three months, and even now the influence is still strongly represented because Neptune in Aquarius is exact square Jupiter in Scorpio. Mars is out of the influence and finally rolling along in Gemini, and Saturn is in a deep retrograde and out of range temporarily. I bet most of you noticed that things have been less intense during the last lunar month? I thought the end of the grand square was palpable and a great relief.

Regarding the long grand square, I'm sure you faced some of your dragons and have made some major changes in your life this winter season. First of all, this New Moon is the time to do some deep reflecting on what you have learned and how it will affect you in general. This will prepare you for choosing three things you want to manifest during the Spring Equinox. Secondly, I think it would be wise to use Jupiter in Scorpio squaring Neptune in Aquarius as a "tool" to take advantage of what the New Moon in Pisces conjunct Uranus has to offer. So, let's decode this square. Jupiter was exact square Neptune just before the previous New Moon in Aquarius on January 27, and this square was less than one degree during the previous lunar cycle as it is during this New Moon in Pisces. This is because Jupiter is barely moving from Earth's perspective, and it goes retrograde March 4. Therefore, it will be in exact square to Neptune until the end of March, and Jupiter will return to square Neptune one last time at the end of September. On the low side, Jupiter square Neptune causes a tendency toward escapism and the inability to make good plans in life. On the high side, especially because Jupiter is in Scorpio and Neptune in Aquarius, this square offers a wonderful opportunity to face the truth about losses in the past and assess how you are handling the same kind of losses now. Obviously, since Jupiter is involved, these losses are probably financial. Yet, since Neptune is the other planet, these may be losses by death or possibly a realization that you have lost spiritual contacts and aspects in your life.

I tend to be more positive about squares than most astrologers. I find that squares challenge people and get them off their butts. Yet, in this case, because Jupiter is in Scorpio, it may be really hard to face the truth about the issues that are coming up. You may tend to just want it all to go away. The highest level of Scorpio is clear truth that comes out of understanding negativity and evil. Some people never really get what is going on in the world because they won't look at or face the dark side. I would say that because this square is so close for such a long period, some of you might see some negativities that you've never seen before. Buck up! The more we all face the dark side, the more we can clear things. An excellent example of what I mean is Kenneth Lay of Enron who obviously defrauded thousands of people out of millions of dollars. Dear Ken appeared for his trial right during this square with his fancy lawyers all ready to get him off, and they probably will. You may see more issues about lost pensions coming up now. As for me, having lost two children since 1998, I have been finding this square excellent for better understanding about loss by death. Whatever this strong square means to you, you will come out of it with the ability to balance losses against gains.

During the Pisces New Moon, Mars in Gemini is in a nice tight sextile to Saturn retrograde in Leo, which makes taking effective, disciplined action unusually easy during this lunation-especially anything having to do with communications or writing. This sextile feels especially great because Mars in Taurus squared Saturn in Leo during the grand square phase. This would be a great month to initiate a really creative web page, for example. Mars will be in Gemini until mid-April, which favors communication and writing, so seriously consider tackling something you've been procrastinating about! Also, Mars in Gemini squares the New Moon and Uranus, which on the low side might make you feel quite nervous this month or could cause accidents. However, this square could move you into action quite easily if you can just get started-which is always difficult under a strong Piscean influence. Mars trines Chiron in early Aquarius, so the projects you do decide to work on will be healing and meaningful at this time. And Chiron continues to oppose Saturn, which is has been doing on-and-off since 1986 due to its elliptical orbit, and this aspect has been a strong manifestation force behind alternative medicine and healing. As I've often repeated, the last Saturn opposite Chiron is a non-exact opposition in April 2007, and look how the alternative view has grown and prospered over the past years. At Bear, we published Vibrational Medicine by Richard Gerber in 1986, and this was a foundation book for the movement.

Since this website is dedicated to Mayan Calendar research, we recognize that many of you work with the Calendar also. Well, during this New Moon and for quite a while, Pluto is on the Galactic Center, the source of the Calendar. I expect interest in the Calendar to intensify greatly from now on all the way through 2007 because Pluto will push the world into a deep awakening about the meaning of the Calendar. During this New Moon, Mercury in Pisces exactly squares Pluto on the Galactic Center, so new awareness is especially likely on the intuitive level. You will just "know" things and "see" things that are very unusual this month. This would be a great month for you to dial up www.Calleman.com to get the latest news from Carl Johan Calleman. He is creating some wonderful group meditation events based on Calendar dates that will really take off now that Pluto is on the Galactic Center. With Venus in Capricorn closely sextiling Mercury in Pisces, you should find this new knowledge pragmatic, enjoyable, and something you can work with easily.

All in all, the New Moon in Pisces will have many levels of very good and creative energy, a respite after three months of stormy weather in the heavens.

[I am forgoing analysis of Washington, DC, this month because I just finished the manuscript for The Mind Chronicles and e-mailed it to Inner Traditions/Bear & Co. I am exhausted and brain-dead after six weeks of "Karma Crunch" (great name for granola). The three books, Eye of the Centaur, Heart of the Christos, and Signet of Atlantis were a total of 690 pages. Now the Mind Chronicles Trilogy will be in one book that will be about 350 pages with all of Angela Werneke's exquisite illustrations still included. I did one hundred sessions under hypnosis and wrote the three books over ten years, so in five weeks I had to relive ten years of work (besides reconsidering all of my past lives!). I am a much better writer now, and my understanding of all the past lives has deepened since Signet came out in 1992, so this book is really wonderful. It will come out in early fall this year, and I am thrilled about it. I will do some extra work on the Bushites in the Spring Equinox reading.]"

Barbara Hand Clow

Lunar Pisces

This new moon was in orb of my DC, although not quite
with my natal Moon (which is at 20 Pisces). This seems
to be a very positive new moon of me. I feel refreshed,
energerized and motivated, despite recovering from a
bout of strep throat (however, I seem to be bouncing
back from that rather quickly). I felt inspired last night
to get back into a couple of projects I haven't had the
energy to do recently and I feel more mental and
emotional stamina than I have had in months.

It probably helps that this new moon, being conjunct
with Uranus, took some of the cosmic focus off that tr
Jupiter-Neptune square - my Mar is at 18 Aqua, so it
feels that squaring pretty heavily (currently Jupiter is
at 18 Scorpio and Neptune at 18 aqua - it just doesn't
get any tighter! LOL). With that square momentarily
overshadowed, I seem to feel more optimistic and
energized - it's like instead of feeling my Mars'
frustration, I feel my moon's harmony with current
Jupiter and lunar transits.

I agree that recent transits have been tough. I've
been expereincing a lot of confusion, disappointment
and ambivalence lately. I'm ready for a break in all
of this.

C1

:) Sun cj Uranus cj Eros

...Barbara Hand Clow's new moon flash is great....thanks, Lapis,
for posting it and here, again, is one paragraph from it:

"...In case you think you can avoid all this Aquarian sizzle, Uranus in Pisces quincunxes Saturn retrograde in Leo. This means that the way the structural changes occur is based on Saturn's opposition to the stellium of five planets in Aquarius; there are going to be many unexpected surprises and upsets.

Uranus in Pisces wants the big picture as far as spirituality goes, and he is not at all impressed with Saturn in Leo's small egotistical desires. Uranus will confound you by not allowing you to avoid the real meaning of things you care about. This quincunx makes it hard to just go get ice cream and suck your thumb. In fact, Saturn himself is being rattled as tries to handle all the planets in Aquarius. Because Uranus is rattling Saturn, the power of Mars opposite Jupiter T-squaring Neptune is going to have a free rein this month; your agendas will be slowed down by Neptune's need to flow being so restricted. "

Oh, yeah, and Booosh is in India....may the conjunction bring Satyagraha
to him and the whole us admin.

Lapis wrote to me:
...C1, how did you copy her last months report the way you did?"

moot...you knew how all along?

At any rate, Captain,
:!: Presente :!:
I'm ready for your next command!
8)

Question: Jupiter and Merc are going retrograde soon.....

what now! :?:

:wink:

C1