Predicting Death

Maharishi

Hi All,

I have a question. Scorpio is in my 8th house and both Mars, Saturn and Pluto are in my 8th house, which from what I understand are the natural rulers of the 8th house and Scorpio. Does this mean I have a short life and violent death?
Don't worry buddy! This is not the worst positions! The main problem is to avoid hard period, and next one will come soon! Saturn return!

Kannon

Totally agree and any professional astrologer worth their salt adheres to the Oath that precludes prediction of personal death or demise.
I never go there no matter how a client may persist.

I have taken so such oath and never would since it is prohibitive of serving some clients. This is fear or discomfort dressed up as ethics.

It is interesting I guess to speculate after some one has passed over but really why focus on that subject?????

Some of us are more comfortable with death, have made peace with it long before as part of life.

Some charts show death windows more clearly in basic or classic terms. Other charts do not at all. Highly Uranian charts (many aspects with Uranus and/or prominent/1st house/Asc placements) have much more unpredictability and may be impossible to give any real prediction of final death window. Charts with very definitive points involving Mars/Pluto/Saturn can be easier to discern, as are many watery charts.

As to the astrologer involved, it also depends on factors in their birth chart very often. My natal chart has Sun-Saturn conjunct in Taurus in 8th house, Moon in Cap in 4th. I have no particular fascination with death and have seen it only once or twice astrologically with particular individuals when it popped out at me. I've simply made peace with my last days and have determined HOW I will finish: with peace, love, radiance of the Source that I'm returning to.

Ultimately, each of us determines when we die. An astrologer seeing death in a person's chart isn't determining when they will die, but simply noticing a final exit window. However, a lot is changing and many people are living longer and want to. There is not the same need for most people to know their lifespan as there was in ancient times.

I would much rather tell a person to take care of their bodies and live a long time than to pinpoint year of death. I don't actually look for this. I see it if it jumps out at me.

Kane

I am not so sure people yet know how to predict death. When you consider everything in the chart it is very complicated.

Mark

The longer one studies, the less complicated everything looks. Most of the time, the answers to specific questions are going to take some work. Sometimes, you get an easy one. There is little sense in not making note of the easy one when you have it in front of you. I believe the point being addressed by the thread is whether or not predicting death is an ethical procedure for an astrologer. I, for one, must say that the ethics depend heavily on whether or not you are able to forecast accurately. If you can't really say for certain, then keep your mouth shut. If you've seen the same configuration lead to similar deaths three times, then the fourth will probably follow.

waybread

Mark, to me one of the many problems with astrological death predictions is that the experts do not agree on the basics of death calculations, leading to different asnwers, depending upon which method you choose.

There are many areas of astrology where I think it is acceptable to view prediction success as some kind of batting average, but I don't think death prediction is one of them. Three out of four accurate predictions, for example, is unsatisfactory, especially for native #4.

I have a fun challenge for members who enjoy death prediction. Get dozens of celebrity charts for older (or could-be older) actors, singers, athletes, &c. whose lives you've not followed: ones where you don't actually know if they are still dead or alive. Do not look up any further biographical details. Just the charts, ma'am, just the charts. Then write down a death prediction for each of them. Subsequently, check your success rate. Please let us know how you do!

virgo18

maybe this will sound very stupid and amateur.... but I think that maybe the sign or the planets of your 8th house can describe how will you die.

here are some deductions.
"Someone who has Gemini or Mercury in the 8th, will die from something of the lungs?.... Also someone who has moon in gemini in the 8th, or mercury in cancer in the 8th.... will die of lung cancer?"

"Someone who has Aquarius in the 8th house with Mercury there. Or Virgo cusp with Uranus there.... Can have gastric problems caused by stress."

Mars in the 8th house points a very painful death....

If the ruler of the ascendant is Malefic and its placed in the 8th house with hard aspects.... you can cause your own death, by self-destruction, or suicide.

If you have Jupiter in the 8th is a promise of longevity and not painful death.... but it may cause problems with the liver.
I have Jupiter in Cancer in the 8th..... Maybe I will die of cancer in one of my assimilation organs.... maybe caused by alcohol.

Scorpio or pluto... may cause a death, related to reproductive system.

dr. farr

In view of Virgo18's post, I shall state that jyotish (Vedic) astrology has extensive literature relative to (allegedly) determining the likely things a person may die of, as well as extensive material relating to the likely circumstances of one's death. These indications, as well as the estimation of the length of life, always played an important role in Vedic astrology and continue to do so to the present time.
I shall make no comment on this except to point out that the literature and techniques for (attempting) to make such prognostications is amply available (in English translations), and further, that from the Vedic point of view the value in this "foreknowledge" is so that REMEDIAL MEASURES can then be suggested to modify these trends and time-frames; jyotish adepts believe that these predictions are not necessarily fated but rather can be modified through right knowledge and right (remedial) actions.

Bir Singh Khari

To dear virgo18
your lord of ascendant JUP in 8th is improving the significances of 8th .
JUP in its sign of exaltation is in 8th again . So no need to worry much about JUP .

Claire19

Hi All,

I have a question. Scorpio is in my 8th house and both Mars, Saturn and Pluto are in my 8th house, which from what I understand are the natural rulers of the 8th house and Scorpio. Does this mean I have a short life and violent death?
Can you load a chart from Astrodienst???? This one is very hard to read and strange.

The 8th house is more than a physical death.......Sure the planets there do relate to death but then so much more as well. Anyone who will tell you when you are to die and in what manner is not an ethical astrologer. THe transits trigger off events and you would need to post those on the natal wheel but I for one, will never discuss death as such. Even the passing into the spiritual realm as that is what we do.

THe 8th rules rebirth, reincarnation, sex, secrets, shared assets, crises, loans, debts, gifts, inheritance, bonuses, recycling, regeneration and refurbishment and renovation.

Skillcoil

What if someone was born earlier than expected from a c section? Or some other modern way of keeping someone alive? Doesn't having a chart different from the one you were "destined" to have kind of prove that death predictions are avoidable? I mean according to someone I have no primary directions and will end up on a milk carton, that's from looking at this chart, should I try to come up with what my chart would have been if the risk was taken, or did this chart change what was "destined"? If it was someone elses decision to bring me into this world at that exact time, technically they changed my predetermined fate, and if other people have the ability to change our fate, then why can't we change it ourselves?

Anyway its Christmas not Halloween, I will keep the spookyness to a minimum. Happy Holidays.

Last edited:

Claire19

Has anyone heard of the Hyleg? It's supposed to be the 'giver of life', showing how many years a person might live.
OooOOoooooOoo. Haha. Sorry if that spooked you out.
Yes that is a whole formula. However as we have several potential exit points from the physical world it would all be rather confusing.

We would have to home in on the manner of the death, the circumstances and place it is to occur and how can we do that? Various planets and houses are represented in our eventual demise.

Claire19

What if someone was born earlier than expected from a c section? Or some other modern way of keeping someone alive? Doesn't having a chart different from the one you were "destined" to have kind of prove that death predictions are avoidable? I mean according to someone I have no primary directions and will end up on a milk carton, that's from looking at this chart, should I try to come up with what my chart would have been if the risk was taken, or did this chart change what was "destined"? If it was someone elses decision to bring me into this world at that exact time, technically they changed my predetermined fate, and if other people have the ability to change our fate, then why can't we change it ourselves?

Anyway its Christmas not Halloween, I will keep the spookyness to a minimum. Happy Holidays.
C sections, induced births or whatever, it is all part of the person's experience and is valid and not out of kilter...... It would show in the charts somewhere. No one can change our predetermined fate as such but what that is for any individual is open to interpretation and everyone will have a different idea I would suggest. We do have an element of free will or choice in many matters. Astrology is best used for guidance and potential.........

cherylfoster

Given the strong Scorpio, of course, I'm interested in this type of question. You'll probably receive many answers to how you talk about your interest. Predicting the death of a taboo subject in the general area of psychological danger, is capable of, so interested that I meet do not like the feeling that my interpretations were wrong potentionally hear someone emotional well-being! What is interesting is that you have a bullish ruler, the ruler of Neptune, the eighth and all the smack that is sure to make a fantasy and or interest in his own death.

Claire19

Given the strong Scorpio, of course, I'm interested in this type of question. You'll probably receive many answers to how you talk about your interest. Predicting the death of a taboo subject in the general area of psychological danger, is capable of, so interested that I meet do not like the feeling that my interpretations were wrong potentionally hear someone emotional well-being! What is interesting is that you have a bullish ruler, the ruler of Neptune, the eighth and all the smack that is sure to make a fantasy and or interest in his own death.
I have an 8th house stellium and I am interested in that question too!!!.
However if a person knew the date they were to die, what kind of psychological stress would that set up unless they were highly evolved and had a strong faith in the afterlife??

He will get many answers and that in itself shows that really no one can predict to the day that one will die with astrological charts, not without great expertise and a lot of work. Looking back we can see the trends once a person has gone over but even easy aspects can be involved in that. We can see transits for potential danger and avoid some situations possibly.

piercethevale

Hi, many of you already know me and my theories and techniques. I'm basically Rudhyarian with a heavy emphasis on the Sabian Symbols. But I also employ a lot of 'Traditional' techniques and a few other schools...for example 'Runic' a a tad of the 'Esoteric' school of Theosophist origins
My Birth Chart of Jesus/Yeshua has a Septile matrix. Starting with the Asc/Pluto/Moon conj. it continues around the chart hitting every other point. the three points not occupied at birth were completed by transit the Monday after the Sunday of Crucifixion. It occurred 14 days after Jesus' 32nd birthday by my charts and that is exactly when Rudolph Steiner said the death occurred.
All the seven points are also conjunct some 13 Arabic Parts including those of Deceit, Disappointment, False Love, Insincerity, Suicide, Unusual events Death and Disaster, Destiny, Life and Reincarnation, Bereavement and Treachery.
Also, my mother passed away yesterday and I noted some transits to my natal chart and Her chart as well.
You can get the Septile info from this thread.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13271
and more on the whole story on this chart at actastrology.com in the Sabian sub-forum there.
Thanks ptv...aka David Mastry...aka...David Mastrogiovanni
...and my mom and me at this...
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32146