Mars Conjunct Natal Mars

Today Mars conjucts mt natal Mars. A lot of interpretations are saying that I will be having a hissy fit and have to watch my anger etc etc. Actually, this past week or few days I have been exceptionally clear and focused, and my energy level has risen. Anger or hissy fits haven't come into the mix at all (at least not yet). Could the fact that Mars is in Capricorn keep a lid on the anger thing? Also my natal mars is in the 2 house.

Belgianmoonguy

That is off course possible
I see Mars in Earth signs as very cool, practical, stead fast, not so prone to anger fits as Fire Mars' signs. They can also control and direct their energy more then Fire Mars' signs, i guess...

Is Mars an important planet in your chart?
Does he rule an angle, do you have planets in Aries, or is he intercepted?

kimbermoon

I also have a Capricorn Mars and recently experienced my Mars return - this transit occurs approximately every 2 years.
I agree that Mars in Capricorn tends to be more even-tempered in comparison to fire signs but as with all astrological factors our individual tendencies can easily stray from 'traditional interpretations' depending on other factors in the chart.

In my case I have experienced more of the repressive tendencies of Mars in Capricorn, due to numerous aspects to my Mars. Often this has served to hold me back from taking and depending on circumstances this can be a rather negative thing.

My mars is also in my 2nd house and this shows that I tend to be rather conservative in both my physical and material resources.

The Mars return will in some cases cause a tendency to 'hissy-fits or outburts of anger, but NOT ALWAYS. The return is a time for new beginnings and a reassessment of our individual actions and energies. Sometimes with a Mars return I will feel quite drained, unmotivated and tired, yet other times I, like you, also experience times of focus and concentration.

The thing about interpretations is that any one factor must be balanced with a consideration of the individual aspects and positions in the chart. Most cookbook interpretations are based on only one factor without considering the various aspects that will color the expression of the energies.

:sunny: