Saturn and Capricorn

CapAquaPis

Here's a thread to discuss the role Saturn has on our lives and its' sign it rules over: Capricorn (Dec 21-Jan 21 birthdays). Saturn is the planet of cold, death, science and time. These traits are exhibited in the sign of Capricorn. Our natal charts with strong Saturn placements or Capricorn in our houses might gave us a scientific advantage. However, Saturn is a malefic and along with Capricorn, they represent negative traits like aging, disability, disease and medical issues.

katydid

I have a very unSaturnian sense of Saturn in my own chart. :wink:

My Saturn is in Libra, which makes it more beneficial than most.

And Saturn is @ 19 Libra, Neptune @ 21 Libra and Spica @23 Libra.

All are in the 6th house with my Sun and Mercury in Scorpio.

So my Saturn is in very unsaturnian surroundings.

And Saturn is in a tight square to Uranus @ 18 Cancer in 3rd, and inconjunct Jupiter/Asc @ 19 Taurus, and exactly sextile Pluto in Leo.

It aspects all of the outer planets exactly. So it is NOT as Saturnian as many Saturns I see.

I feel like it adds Saturnian energy to my chart but in a benign/beneficial fashion compared to most Saturns I see.

My older cousin, with Saturn in Leo, has a Saturn/ Pluto conjunction in her 1st. :alien:

It squares her Moon in Scorpio in the 4th and opposes her Sun in Aquarius.:bandit:

Her life has been much harder than mine. :sad:

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

My Saturn is in Virgo conjunct Jupiter, Mars and exactly one degree (24') near Saturn ('25) is Lilith. I would appear Saturnian due to my sun/moon sign is Aquarius - Saturn is the traditional and modern (co) ruler of my two signs. And in modern astrology, Pluto has similarities to Saturn - note Saturn in traditional is the last planet, while Pluto is designated as one in modern.

katydid

My Saturn is in Virgo conjunct Jupiter, Mars and exactly one degree (24') near Saturn ('25) is Lilith. I would appear Saturnian due to my sun/moon sign is Aquarius - Saturn is the traditional and modern (co) ruler of my two signs. And in modern astrology, Pluto has similarities to Saturn - note Saturn in traditional is the last planet, while Pluto is designated as one in modern.

What are your feelings about the differences between Saturn as ruler of Capricorn vs. Saturn as ruler of Aquarius?

I can really see Saturn as ruling Capricorn.

Saturn as co-ruler of Aquarius---not so much, for me.

I really see Uranus as the rightful ruler of Aquarius.

NOT SAYING I AM CORRECT. Just saying that it rings true for me because I was always taught that since I began studying in my teens. :pouty:

Frisiangal

Your location states 'in the Sidereal system'.
Does this mean that the positions above are as per this system, and you experience their energy through these sidereal signs?
The tropical system would place them elsewhere, which gives an entirely different message.

Just curious.

I would add further traits regarding Saturn/Capricorn. The mountain that is there to visually see and climb, that has sure footed rocks to place one's dependence upon in the form of caution, discipline, obligation, protection and preservation. Admittedly, there is association with calcium and salt, yet the saying 'Every man is worth his salt' is more than an Old Wives Tale (Capricorn is a feminine sign.:wink:)

Frisiangal

I can really see Saturn as ruling Capricorn.

Saturn as co-ruler of Aquarius---not so much, for me

I really see Uranus as the rightful ruler of Aquarius.

NOT SAYING I AM CORRECT. Just saying that it rings true for me because I was always taught that since I began studying in my teens. :pouty:

I see Saturn of Aquarius as the librarian and archivist of all antiquities that are in the museum in which all records are kept. They are forgotten yet there; you just have to look for them. No 'aha' moment.

Uranus of Aquarius represent the archeologists that dig them up and think they have discovered something not known before; the 'aha' moment.

Exchange museum for the human mind (Aquarius only human sign, and of Air temperament), the antiquities for its complexities, and the archeologists for those who can build further upon that which was long known before, and any comparison isn't so hard to fathom (for me).:biggrin:

CapAquaPis

Your location states 'in the Sidereal system'.
Does this mean that the positions above are as per this system, and you experience their energy through these sidereal signs?
The tropical system would place them elsewhere, which gives an entirely different message.

Just curious.

I would add further traits regarding Saturn/Capricorn. The mountain that is there to visually see and climb, that has sure footed rocks to place one's dependence upon in the form of caution, discipline, obligation, protection and preservation. Admittedly, there is association with calcium and salt, yet the saying 'Every man is worth his salt' is more than an Old Wives Tale (Capricorn is a feminine sign.:wink:)

My astrological data is tropical, just stating the Saturn/Lilith one degree conjunction is a serious concern, regarding my life, relationship with father or parents (Saturn is the planet of fathers, as well Capricorn the sign of fathers) and malefic aspects of Saturn with another malefic: in this case, Lilith.

In sidereal, Feb 15 (my birthday) is a cusp date: sidereal capricorn/Aquarius. In the year 1 AD, Jan. 19/20 was the date the Sun transit Aquarius, but by the year 2160, it will be Feb. 18/19th. Every 72 years since 1 AD, the cusp moves by one degree later. Let's say I'm a sidereal and tropical Saturnian.

david starling

In the Ancient-Greek religion, it took 3 gods to replace Cronus (Saturn) after the War of the Titans: The three brothers, sons of Gaia and Cronus--Zeus (Jupiter), Poseidon (Neptune), and Pluto. They each wielded power on Earth, known as Earthly Authority. Cronus was originally a Sea-god, and Capricorn was symbolized by the Sea-goat. Zeus had dominion over the sky, Poseidon over the sea, and Pluto controlled the Underworld. The Romans believed Saturn was freed from the captivity he suffered after losing to the Olympian gods at the time of the Winter Solstice each year, and presided over the "Saturnalia"--a clear connection to Capricorn, both Tropically and Sidereally at the time, since the constellation was then in the 10th Tropical-sign. Also, December was originally the 10th Month (as its name reveals). So, the connection of Saturn to Capricorn was far stronger than its connection to Aquarius. The constellation Aquarius was originally associated in Ancient-Babylonia with the second seasonal Month of Winter, using heliacal Astrology. Due to Precession, it was in Tropical Aquarius at the time time Tropical-astrology first developed.

Last edited:

david starling

Within the context of Traditional-astrology, it works to have Saturn as nighr-ruler of Capricorn and day-ruler of Aquarius. It's a coherent system with its own internal integrity. In Modern, Tropical-astrology, its a different configuration; and, Saturn is definitely ruler of Capricorn, but optional for rulership of Aquarius. I don't personally use it as ruling Aquarius.

david starling

When the Earth's Age of Tropical Capricorn took full effect, c.400 A.D., Saturn regained Earthly Authority. In Church iconography, Saturn became known as Satan, and was believed to rule the material world. Gaia's Trident, denoting Earthly Authority, was then connected with Satan (Saturn). Note the term "Dark Ages" for that time-period, which corresponds to the beginning of Winter as the darkest time of year. In the West, the Greco-Roman, poytheistic religions weren't suitable for the Age of Capricorn, as they had been for the Age of Sagittarius (when Zeus/Jupiter had the most Earthly Authority). Christianity, with its concept of the Scapegoat, born on Dec. 25th, who takes away the sins of believers, replaced it.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Like neighboring winter signs Aquarius and Sagittarius, you find Capricornians are interested in world cultures different from their own. They may join an Asian, Middle Eastern or Latin (American) culture club. Japan is a Capricorn nation - their world renowned high emphasis on science and technology. And the pursuit of travel or relocation is found in Capricorn and these other signs.