What Houses for searching a dream meaning?

IKOPIKOP

Hi forumers

I have an occuring dreams about my departed father. The situation is different but I wondered about why I keep on dreaming seeing my late father around.
I have been thinking if he have some kind of messages for me. I don't know how to interprate dream so I hope I can find some answers in horary.

What I want to ask here is, which houses I should choose to represent the dreams and the messages from my late father.

P/s: I do believe that dream is a portal for messages from beyond. My late grandmother she is a female Shaman, She is sometimes relying on her dream to find an answer when she do the healing. Too bad I did not spend much time with her before she passed. Her knowledge goes with her in her grave.

Oddity

The ninth. If it's ruled by or contains malefics the chance of falsity or being just a dream are pretty high.

Chrysalis

Putting horary to one side here, i believe our dreams can have messages within them especially recurrent ones as you're describing to do with your departed father.

If you can still remember the dream/s, just write down keywords even as irrelevant as they may seem and do some research.

But for a chart, then yes the 9th but from how you're going to work out a dream from this is going to be a struggle id think.

IKOPIKOP

Thanks Oddity and Chrysalis,
I did cast a chart when I think about my dream. The 9th house is in Libra and there is only Jupiter in the cusp of 9th house.
Venus the 9th ruler is in 6th house Cancer.
If I use 4th house for a father. I got the same ruler Venus for the significator.
He is in his 3rd house of messages. (turned chart).
He is indeed sending a messages. But what messages? This is where I stucked.

P/s: Last night dream, I saw my father wearing a black jacket, he is outside, and I am welcoming him in the house by hooking my hand in his left hand. His face is neutral, no smile, not angry, no talking just without an emotion. In that dream I know he is already passed away but I still happy and not afraid when I see him.
The other day, I saw him wearing a light pink long sleeved shirt, walking on the side of shop, people is everywhere. I am seating on a wheelchair, and I took time to reach him because there is people passing by and blocking my way to my father. When I reached him, I took his hand for hand shake, But he did not realize I am holding his hand, He did not see me. But he seems looking at something like searching of someone. And at last he did realize I am holding his hand . I am so happy when I saw him. But like always he is expressionless. No talking either, no smiling.

My other dream about him is, I saw him on his bike, looking young and I have no chance to meet him.

In one dream I recalled, He came in our house (my parents house) he did say good bye but I why I still keep on dreaming of seeing him?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_356_messages_from_dream_hr.39169.25235 (1).jpg
    astro_2gw_356_messages_from_dream_hr.39169.25235 (1).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27

IKOPIKOP

I want to try interpreting this chart.

Since Jupiter is in cusp of 9th house, I take it as the 9th house significator. With a benefic planet in that house, I think the message is some kind of encouragement for me and maybe he ask me to trust my intuition. I am Saturn in sextile with Jupiter in 9th house. With a good aspect, the dream is a positive message from my late father.
I am in bad shape. Retro Saturn indicate it. In my reality, I could say that I am not in a good shape financially and emotionally, but in a process of recovery. Everything is changing, I am working on to become peaceful from within. I am trying to be more grounding, more aware and I am healing myself, mind,body and spirit. I think I am looking for a clarity, but somehow I don't really pay attention to my intuition because it is so subtle.

I hope I can have what I seek in this messages.

Culpeper

Premium Member
Use the ninth house as the primary and third house as the secondary house of dreams. Benefic Jupiter is in the ninth if whole sign houses are used. This may indicate a favorable outcome. Mars rules the third house and has an almost exact sextile aspect with Jupiter. Mars is in the seventh house, and this may indicate that the astrologer may have trouble with the chart or the querent will not like the answer. Mars also trine aspects with Saturn the significator of the querent. Saturn is in the 11th house. Venus the ruler of the ninth is not aspecting Saturn. The most likely interpretation of the dreams is that the querent's life will be made miserable by friends or failed hopes and wishes. However, the help of Jupiter and favorable aspects will mitigate this outcome and the querent will eventually attain happiness.

Chrysalis

Actually wouldn't you need to be looking at the 9th from 4th, as it's a dream about your late father your asking about, it's not just a random dream which would just be 9th.

If so this would make the dream saturn rx in the 11th, but this doesn't make sense.....

So thinking further it could even be the deceased Father, 8th from 4th, making the significator Jupiter/8th cusp which is also applying to a sextile with the querent saturn.

Saturn is then placed in jupiter's 4th house (family/father), venus disposes of jupiter and venus is posited in the 6th house separating from a square with jupiter, illness maybe ? Venus has been opposing pluto in 12th, so hidden illness/hospital even.

Maybe this charts just showing how your father passed away.

Just some thoughts anyway, like is said before though, this is a dream we are trying to decipher, its quite hard.

Oddity

Because it's the querent's dream. The querent takes the first house. Any dreams the querent has (about anything) take the ninth house. If it were a question about the querent's father, then it would be 4, but it isn't. It's a question about a dream, the validity of the dream, and what the dream might mean.

As Culpeper pointed out, the third house is the house of dream interpretation generally (it tends to be a highlighted house in the natal charts of those people who interpret omens), though you'll look at both 9 and 3 to get there.

If you turn the chart, you'll muddy the interpretation.

Never turn a chart unless you absolutely have to. And even if you do have to, realise that the original chart will still have some bearing, which complicates things. But in this situation, there's no reason to do it.

Chrysalis

Because it's the querent's dream. The querent takes the first house. Any dreams the querent has (about anything) take the ninth house. If it were a question about the querent's father, then it would be 4, but it isn't. It's a question about a dream, the validity of the dream, and what the dream might mean.

As Culpeper pointed out, the third house is the house of dream interpretation generally (it tends to be a highlighted house in the natal charts of those people who interpret omens), though you'll look at both 9 and 3 to get there.

If you turn the chart, you'll muddy the interpretation.

Never turn a chart unless you absolutely have to. And even if you do have to, realise that the original chart will still have some bearing, which complicates things. But in this situation, there's no reason to do it.

Thanks for explaining, i thought you was doing a Tik on me for a minute there lol.

I did only think to turn the chart though, because i thought the person asked about if the father was trying to passover a message to her in her dream, so thought then to add the father too.

So then for 9th we have venus in the 6th....**clueless**. This chart could be saying anything, i don't think horary is suitable for interpreting a dream tbt.

Oddity

Actually, it is. Read Sahl on that. I think even Lilly covers dream interpretation in CA, but Tik's the expert there.

tikana

Oddity

bows. thank you..

He barely brushes on dreams..
I would read it if dignity is there within the lord of 9th house the dream holds a message

also look at Moon and aspects coming in and outgoing

:)
\
T

Chrysalis

Oddity

bows. thank you..

He barely brushes on dreams..
I would read it if dignity is there within the lord of 9th house the dream holds a message

also look at Moon and aspects coming in and outgoing

:)
\
T

Well can we try and work out this chart then for this person, i've never interpreted a dream chart before, and am interested in how it plays out.

Tik i'm taking mental notes on your comments, so i'm looking myself too.

tikana

Well can we try and work out this chart then for this person, i've never interpreted a dream chart before, and am interested in how it plays out.

Tik i'm taking mental notes on your comments, so i'm looking myself too.

yeah ...

take the querent
take the 9th
tweak out what is going on ..
#1 look at lord of 9th house - peregrine - fall - combust - detriment - dream holds nothing... if there is a dignity - there is a meaning.

IKOPIKOP

Actually wouldn't you need to be looking at the 9th from 4th, as it's a dream about your late father your asking about, it's not just a random dream which would just be 9th.

If so this would make the dream saturn rx in the 11th, but this doesn't make sense.....

So thinking further it could even be the deceased Father, 8th from 4th, making the significator Jupiter/8th cusp which is also applying to a sextile with the querent saturn.

Saturn is then placed in jupiter's 4th house (family/father), venus disposes of jupiter and venus is posited in the 6th house separating from a square with jupiter, illness maybe ? Venus has been opposing pluto in 12th, so hidden illness/hospital even.

Maybe this charts just showing how your father passed away.

Just some thoughts anyway, like is said before though, this is a dream we are trying to decipher, its quite hard.
Its actually a shock for us, we did not expect he did not make it. Died a few hours after the operation. Cause of death is Aortic Aneurisme.
I come of thinking that maybe the dream is a warning, that I could end up like him if I did not change my bad habit. 6th house matters.

IKOPIKOP

yeah ...

take the querent
take the 9th
tweak out what is going on ..
#1 look at lord of 9th house - peregrine - fall - combust - detriment - dream holds nothing... if there is a dignity - there is a meaning.
Hi Tikana, Thanks for the tips. In the table of the Essential Dignities, the 23 degree Venus is in Terms in Cancer. So, the 9th house ruler is not peregrine. Surely the dreams contain a positive message even if it is some kind of warning.

IKOPIKOP

Thanks for explaining, i thought you was doing a Tik on me for a minute there lol.

I did only think to turn the chart though, because i thought the person asked about if the father was trying to passover a message to her in her dream, so thought then to add the father too.

So then for 9th we have venus in the 6th....**clueless**. This chart could be saying anything, i don't think horary is suitable for interpreting a dream tbt.
Venus in 6th house. My late father try to highlight the house of illnessess and habit. Venus opposing Pluto in my 12th house of undoing and self sabotag, could be my addictions. He oppose it. He want me to stop.
My significator Retrograde Saturn, reveal my condition which is not favourable either.
I think we can search answers about a dream in horary.

tikana

guys

you are not looking at thechart at all

cannot take you even fishing.. ... fish will be swimming around you and you will be trying to catch it with chopsticks..

Saturn rules the querent
so does the moon
dad is 4th house
dream is venus as well as dad

so DAD and dream are represented by the same planet that tells us that dad is communicating with the querent through a dream
we have... lord 3rd mars translanting the light from jup coruler of 9th house and natural ruler of dreams with jup and saturn
also moon 's last aspect was conj with venus again the dream has a meaning

we need to see last aspect venus created . which was to jup ... jup and saturn are in sextile and in translation of light ... I think he is trying to tell you to remember him. cause i am not seeing direct aspect between him and your saturn and you reject him by reception

Last edited: