what is the benefit of modern astrology?

dr. farr

Well there's still a lot of unknown variables. Such as how did the shattered planet fit into the zodiac? And are there other bodies that we don't know about?

I think that the reason even the genius astrologers don't get 100% accuracy is due to what we don't know about.

There is some evidence that the Sumerians had some kind of recognition (or astrological tradition) regarding the shattered planet (Tiamat)-which might be the source of our asteroid belt. However, it seems that the various types of astrology we find in the world today, are all post-Tiamat systems. developed to address the new status quo AFTER the destruction of that planet (which was between Mars and Jupiter)...

iauiugu

I think that the reason even the genius astrologers don't get 100% accuracy is due to what we don't know about.

There is some evidence that the Sumerians had some kind of recognition (or astrological tradition) regarding the shattered planet (Tiamat)-which might be the source of our asteroid belt. However, it seems that the various types of astrology we find in the world today, are all post-Tiamat systems. developed to address the new status quo AFTER the destruction of that planet (which was between Mars and Jupiter)...

Contemporary astronomical models suggest nothing could have formed due to Jupiter's gravity, that it never developed to a point to be shattered

That said Ceres is likely the protoplanetary core, making up 1/3 of the total mass

But even then the total mass is less than Mercury, so we were never going to find something significant in scale there

It doesn't mean Ceres or some part of the belt isn't astrologically significant, even if there's no consensus on it after 216 years

david starling

While not disparaging the "higher octave" hypothesis in the least, I personally prefer Charles Carter's outline of the outer planets as "dynamic mixtures" of the fundamental 7 planetary energetic qualities:

Uranus = Mercury + Mars (and some Sun qualities)
Neptune = Venus + Jupiter + a great deal of Moon (Lunar) qualities
Pluto = Mars + Saturn (modified by Sun quality elements)

I see no reason to have to describe the three telescopic discoveries using the naked-eye visibles. Each Planet has its own unique effects. That said, there is a natural compatibility between :uranus: and Mercury, and Mars and Pluto. Venus is far more focused than Neptune, but they are harmonious. For that matter, :uranus: is more focused than Mercury. I don't see Mars as being compatible with :uranus: at all.

dr. farr

Mars and Uranus are NOT compatible in the least! But I consider that Uranus has quite a few similarities to Mars, but much intensified. Carter did not say that the outers WERE the same IN EFFECT as the known 7 planets, rather that the outers had analogous qualitative SIMILARITIES (in astrological influences) to the planets he suggested in his list. And, with that understanding (Similarity of influences, but not identity of influences) I agree with him...

david starling

Mars and Uranus are NOT compatible in the least! But I consider that Uranus has quite a few similarities to Mars, but much intensified. Carter did not say that the outers WERE the same IN EFFECT as the known 7 planets, rather that the outers had analogous qualitative SIMILARITIES (in astrological influences) to the planets he suggested in his list. And, with that understanding (Similarity of influences, but not identity of influences) I agree with him...

Can you describe those similarities? I personally believe :uranus: raises intelligence levels in a positive way, causing the realization that situations need improvement, even if it means breaking away from established patterns. When Mars gets involved in the improvement process, things can turn contentious, even violent, and :uranus: is blamed for it.

waybread

Well there's still a lot of unknown variables. Such as how did the shattered planet fit into the zodiac? And are there other bodies that we don't know about?

It doesn't. New bodies beyond Pluto are being discovered, and some astrologers work with them. For example, Eris was discovered in 2006. These outer planets move so slowly, however, that it's hard to know just how to work with them.

david starling

Hey, if the " higher octave" thing works for you, I apologize for being so critical. Whatever gives us personal, Astrological insight is what really matters. [IMO]