Merc-Sqre-Uran: Mental Defect?

AquarianRising

Re: Merc-Sqre-Uran: Mental Mefect or Donald Trump-Card?

Yeah and Saturn limits and restricts, so their anger builds up, they have nowhere to Place it, so it builds up to explosive levels.
Yet, they are often very cowardly and timid. They are only cruel and angry towards weaker people. It is certainly not an aspect of courage.

It's a pretty messed-up situation to have to live through.

Y'know, when I see discussions of like school shooters or family-killing suiciders, I almost always end up being the only person in the conversation expressing a need to remember that their actions should be condemned but they didn't just wake up and decide to be colossal douchebags one day. Monsters are made, not born, and they can be unmade, as well. Usually. Some are tenaciously monstrous. But I've known "monsters" who acted from pain and anger, and it's always seemed really f*ckin' sad to me. You don't fight fire with fire, or you're only gonna burn the house down faster. You've gotta meet wrath with mercy, precautions against further harm from the perp aside.

Animatrix

It's a pretty messed-up situation to have to live through.

Y'know, when I see discussions of like school shooters or family-killing suiciders, I almost always end up being the only person in the conversation expressing a need to remember that their actions should be condemned but they didn't just wake up and decide to be colossal douchebags one day. Monsters are made, not born, and they can be unmade, as well. Usually. Some are tenaciously monstrous. But I've known "monsters" who acted from pain and anger, and it's always seemed really f*ckin' sad to me. You don't fight fire with fire, or you're only gonna burn the house down faster. You've gotta meet wrath with mercy, precautions against further harm from the perp aside.

I do agree with you, and I Think God wants us humans to be merciful. We shouldn't be revengeful and hateful even towards evil people, because evil people do suffer. You can't be evil and happy at the same time, yet of course they must be condemned.

But there are two kinds of people. People who turn their hatred inwards, against themselves, and people who direct it towards others. It is the same thing anyway, just directed in different ways.

It is common to see Children being mean to other Children, and when they grow up, they quench this anger/hate towards others, because they feel ashamed for it, and instead they turn it inwards.

AquarianRising

I do agree with you, and I Think God wants us humans to be merciful. We shouldn't be revengeful and hateful even towards evil people, because evil people do suffer. You can't be evil and happy at the same time, yet of course they must be condemned.

But there are two kinds of people. People who turn their hatred inwards, against themselves, and people who direct it towards others. It is the same thing anyway, just directed in different ways.

It is common to see Children being mean to other Children, and when they grow up, they quench this anger/hate towards others, because they feel ashamed for it, and instead they turn it inwards.

I'm not fond of the word "evil" -- too dogmatic. It's simply a matter of human nature. Children learn what they are taught.

POINT IN CASE

AquarianRising

But if we can't call evil for what it is, what can we call good then?

Evil is an absolute negative. The terms "negative" and "positive" are also generally used as absolutes, but they're generally only used in describing specific factors of an overall. Absolutes simply don't exist in reality. Death and destruction have to take place for new life to grow in its place. Mothers who over-feed their children typically mean well, and certainly I like to eat good food, myself, but as I can't imagine you haven't heard somewhere, "too much of a good thing can be bad for you."

People with no significant moral code can do good, people with significant moral codes can do harm, and life is full of things that don't add up until you start looking beneath the surface. It's the Yin and Yang of the cosmos, bub. Important stuff. The propensity for religions to promote dogmatism is one of the most abhorrent practices in this present Age. It's important to take time analyzing the details of any given circumstance, but falling back on dogmas removes the emphasis from understanding and replaces it with a superficial, all-covering assessment that if it feels bad, it must be evil. That sets a very different tone, and it's the same tone these mass murderers use to justify their actions.

Defining negatives from positives is part of developing healthy judgment, and is therefore very important for everyone, but only when you follow through and try to understand the negative and positive factors in a subject, rather than just painting a single color over the whole thing, you see?

Animatrix

Evil is an absolute negative. The terms "negative" and "positive" are also generally used as absolutes, but they're generally only used in describing specific factors of an overall. Absolutes simply don't exist in reality. Death and destruction have to take place for new life to grow in its place. Mothers who over-feed their children typically mean well, and certainly I like to eat good food, myself, but as I can't imagine you haven't heard somewhere, "too much of a good thing can be bad for you."

People with no significant moral code can do good, people with significant moral codes can do harm, and life is full of things that don't add up until you start looking beneath the surface. It's the Yin and Yang of the cosmos, bub. Important stuff. The propensity for religions to promote dogmatism is one of the most abhorrent practices in this present Age. It's important to take time analyzing the details of any given circumstance, but falling back on dogmas removes the emphasis from understanding and replaces it with a superficial, all-covering assessment that if it feels bad, it must be evil. That sets a very different tone, and it's the same tone these mass murderers use to justify their actions.

Defining negatives from positives is part of developing healthy judgment, and is therefore very important for everyone, but only when you follow through and try to understand the negative and positive factors in a subject, rather than just painting a single color over the whole thing, you see?
How old are you? This post of yours impressed me. Very intelligent words spoken. I agree completely and especially with: "The propensity for religions to promote dogmatism is one of the most abhorrent practices in this present Age."
It's so typical for Christians to fall into the trap of this, and this makes them cold and rather unsympathetic as people.

AquarianRising

How old are you? This post of yours impressed me. Very intelligent words spoken. I agree completely and especially with: "The propensity for religions to promote dogmatism is one of the most abhorrent practices in this present Age."
It's so typical for Christians to fall into the trap of this, and this makes them cold and rather unsympathetic as people.

32, just turned two months ago. And thank you.

CapAquaPis

Re: Merc-Sqre-Uran: Mental Defect or Donald Trump-Card?

My Mercury-Uranus aspects are 110' apart (almost square, almost quintile): Uranus in 25' Scorpio-5th and Mercury in 13' Pisces-9th. Uranus does square my 26' Aquarius sun - 90' or 91...conjunct Moon in 20' Aquarius. Uranus is my sign ruler, while for President Donald Trump, his sign ruler is Mercury.

AquarianRising

Re: Merc-Sqre-Uran: Mental Defect or Donald Trump-Card?

My Mercury-Uranus aspects are 110' apart (almost square, almost quintile): Uranus in 25' Scorpio-5th and Mercury in 13' Pisces-9th. Uranus does square my 26' Aquarius sun - 90' or 91...conjunct Moon in 20' Aquarius. Uranus is my sign ruler, while for President Donald Trump, his sign ruler is Mercury.

Very cool, okay. A bit of Uraniumism goin' on there, right? Speaking of Trump, I have yet to actually read the dude's chart, myself. I assume they've got it on Astro.com, yeah?

SimlyLuna

I have this aspect: Mercury in Pisces sq. Uranus in Sagittarius (wide orb of 4d) but Mercury is retrograded. Leo is on the cusp of 3rd house.

I am still figuring out what this aspect is all about. I am no genius. I actually have family members telling me I lack common sense or not following step by step description well. Expressing verbally clear isn't my forte. Grammar... not so great. I do work hard to verbalize. It's not I am.... muted or stuttering. People don't seem to understand what I am saying or thinking (maybe thats my merc. in pisces). I do get bored of learning one thing and move to the next. I can branch out different scenarios if someone tells me one thing. My mind is all over the place or I am deep in space.

My mind does not work in linear way. I notice when I read texts, I don't only read from top to bottom. I read it from bottom to top or middle to bottom then first text depending on my mood. I wasn't aware of my doing until someone pointed it out because they notice how I answered or responded is flip-flop.

I also notice I am an independent thinker and at sometimes do my own research. I don't take everyone's words as the final truth. I have my own opinions and did my own research... so it would be hard for a salesperson to persuade me to buying things (even after listing the benefits). If I did... it is because of my moon/venus.

When I was in highschool, I developed my own writing style (on a visual sense). I write letters in all capital letters except for vowels. Randomly some letters would be lower case. Teachers would have a problem but I fixed it by underlining the letters that were meant to be capitalize. I didn't want to follow the traditional rule of writing (like how you see how each first letter of the sentences are caps). I also write in between the lines of lined papers. It barely sits on top of the lines.

I learn not everyone would be open to my... un-traditional thinking or ways (I grew up in a traditional house-hold). I feel very out-casted in my family.

Do you guys have example of real life experiences with this aspect? I would like to know. It helps me understand. I have read descriptions but it only go so far.

lantlos

I have this aspect: Mercury in Pisces sq. Uranus in Sagittarius (wide orb of 4d) but Mercury is retrograded. Leo is on the cusp of 3rd house.

I am still figuring out what this aspect is all about. I am no genius. I actually have family members telling me I lack common sense or not following step by step description well. Expressing verbally clear isn't my forte. Grammar... not so great. I do work hard to verbalize. It's not I am.... muted or stuttering. People don't seem to understand what I am saying or thinking (maybe thats my merc. in pisces). I do get bored of learning one thing and move to the next. I can branch out different scenarios if someone tells me one thing. My mind is all over the place or I am deep in space.

My mind does not work in linear way. I notice when I read texts, I don't only read from top to bottom. I read it from bottom to top or middle to bottom then first text depending on my mood. I wasn't aware of my doing until someone pointed it out because they notice how I answered or responded is flip-flop.

I also notice I am an independent thinker and at sometimes do my own research. I don't take everyone's words as the final truth. I have my own opinions and did my own research... so it would be hard for a salesperson to persuade me to buying things (even after listing the benefits). If I did... it is because of my moon/venus.

When I was in highschool, I developed my own writing style (on a visual sense). I write letters in all capital letters except for vowels. Randomly some letters would be lower case. Teachers would have a problem but I fixed it by underlining the letters that were meant to be capitalize. I didn't want to follow the traditional rule of writing (like how you see how each first letter of the sentences are caps). I also write in between the lines of lined papers. It barely sits on top of the lines.

I learn not everyone would be open to my... un-traditional thinking or ways (I grew up in a traditional house-hold). I feel very out-casted in my family.

Do you guys have example of real life experiences with this aspect? I would like to know. It helps me understand. I have read descriptions but it only go so far.

Wow, what other aspects do you have in your chart? Because it's crazy how similar we are, especially with that texting thing you mentioned. And I don't even have a true Mercury/Uranus aspect in my chart. The closest thing I've got is Mercury trining my Ascendant which is ruled by Uranus. Do you by chance happen to have Mercury interacting with Saturn in your chart as well??

SimlyLuna

Hi lantlos,

I do! At a very wide orb - Mercury/Saturn square 9 °. If that does not count, my Mercury sits in the 10th house (rule by Cap/Saturn) then there is Venus/Uranus trine. My mercury also conjunct Midheaven by 2 °.