Jupiter-Time, 400 day calendar, approaching the Scorpioyear!

blacksun?

I had accidentally unsubscribed from this thread. I hadn't seen new posts coming in.

Blacksun, with Jupiter in Taurus, would your sense of Purpose involve expansion of well-being :)jupiter:) in the Material realm :)taurus:) ? Also, which House is it in? You don't seem to be out for your own self-aggrandizement. Maybe a more prosperous world in general?

Yes, definitively. More and more as my life progresses I notice that. have a capacity to improve peoples physical well being and have been taking that opportunity. I am benefitting from this indirectly. But I am also suffering form gifts Ive given away too easily, trust extended too readily, facilities offered in total trust, etc etc - Ive had to come to understand that a gift given to an unworthy one is something taken away from someone who might have been worthy. Possibly even from myself in that sense. Ive never been out for personal gain, have only incidentally asked money for my real work, never for art. Because that is value I was able to put into the world permanently and that is the main goal. I know we die with empty hands but with either a full or a hollow heart, I know what counts in these terms is only my legacy. Ive seen generous people meet their end and Ive seen not so generous people meet their end, and the difference is absolute. Generous people meet it in great peace. Not so generous people meet it in writhing. But I knew al that before I had seen it as it is the obviously crystal clear truth. But I also know the spreading of my legacy may at one point require that I possess great wealth, and I definitely love "the good things in life" even as when forced to choose I categorically prefer the Truth, which most people in my history seem to have come to loathe and fear. Yet, at one point -- by Zeus!-- "the good life" and truthful living must be brought together, and this wedding of morals with pleasures is what is represented archaically by The Temple. Regardless of which system/religion/creed; The Temple, Sanction, the Kingdom are goals in the minds eye of the warrior. In the Tree of Life, Taurus corresponds to the card of the High Priest, and Jupiter to Fortune - Jupiter in Taurus makes his own fortune, and he makes this fortune out of making the fortunes of others. This is the only path I see as just for my type of gifts, which are quite tremendous - I have never even dreamed about individual glory, or all such youthful dreams are immediately cut shot by imagining who I would thank, pay tribute to, what I would build and to whom I could give - it is too obvious that we are left only with what we have given, and that what we have cruelly taken will devour our last moments on Earth and cause us to go to our end in flames.

david starling

Sun in Aquarius is unique, because of the power of the Sun itself. It's too strong and intense to be "Debilitated", which is the Traditional term for an Indicator being in the Sign opposite the one it Native-rules, but it is softened, and is less about ego than the other Solar placements.
I think Jupiter is about conditional, rather than unconditional, generosity. Too much is made of its friendly, helpful, "Mr. Nice-guy" nature. But the "King of the gods" set standards of behavior that weren't optional. One ignored them at one's peril! Jupiter in Scorpio seems to have ushered in an era where disrespect for women's sexual boundaries is verboten.
Thanks for the affirmation of what Jupiter in Taurus is theoretically about, because theory alone isn't enough. One member mentioned the personal placement of Saturn in Virgo, another "Purpose-indicator". This particular member is extremely interested in using Astrology in an analytical way to help people overcome their hang-ups and limitations in conventional, standard ways. Maybe being in Virgo brings out the best in Saturn! Possibly, being a Purpose-indicator brings out the best in all of them, not just Saturn. (Still doing research on what all these different placements mean.)

david starling

I have two "Catalytics"--Venus in Aquarius (tight Trine to) Ouranos/Urania in Gemini. These are both Air-signs, so it's about encouraging hypothetical thinking, and creating new synaptic connections. I notice it upsets people who are unwilling to go outside of their mental comfort zones, but I mean well.
Any thoughts about having your Catalytic in Aries, or in Fire-signs in general?

Last edited:

david starling

Currently pondering the difference in having "Purpose", and having "Directionality"--subtle, but important. I have strong "Directionality", but no "Purpose" placements. I'm connecting Purpose with a sense of urgency and impatience, whereas Directionality brings with it a sense of inevitability, without hurry or worry. An analogy for the latter could be a river flowing towards the sea, with no doubt it will get there, despite twists and turns and attempts to prevent it. But Purpose would involve a deliberate effort to remove obstacles in its path, so that it gets there sooner.

blacksun?

Sun in Aquarius is unique, because of the power of the Sun itself. It's too strong and intense to be "Debilitated", which is the Traditional term for an Indicator being in the Sign opposite the one it Native-rules, but it is softened, and is less about ego than the other Solar placements.

Thats music to my ears. It makes a lot of sense, to see the optimal value of Aquarius as a liberated Sun. "I ask for the privilege to serve", a code for example that Judge Moore did not understand, arriving on a horse, for Christsakes, to an American election. Lol. Come on. and his wife: "We aren't antisemite, we have a Jewish lawyer" haha.

I am glad the more decent man won.
And I really read Trumps "endorsement" as a sabotage. It was phrased in such a way that people had to take offense. Even I was taken aback. And Trump was evidently happy with the result too, tweeting "a win is a win" even before Moore conceded defeat.

My take on these developments. I think this is a great win for anciently entrenched Alabama. I certainly am not a republican. Trump is the first guy that made me figure modern Republicans aren't necessarily idiots.

I think Jupiter is about conditional, rather than unconditional, generosity. Too much is made of its friendly, helpful, "Mr. Nice-guy" nature. But the "King of the gods" set standards of behavior that weren't optional. One ignored them at one's peril!

I couldn't agree more!
Its one of the general points I make in my Tree of Life video episode about Chesed, the Jupiter sphere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdnMEShz5N0

Jupiter in Scorpio seems to have ushered in an era where disrespect for women's sexual boundaries is verboten.

And general sexual boundaries are being acknowledged.
Most of these accused people are being accused of very weird and eerie conduct, such as Louis CK. I didn't know people took pleasure in that, masturbating before others.

Also, Jupiter in Scorpio is revealing all kinds of general sordid secrets.

Also, of course a lot of people are finding opportunity (Jupiter) in other peoples secrets (Scorpio) - such as the brother of Kevin Spacey, who tried to get ahead in life by jumping on his accused brother as viciously as he could and blaming him for all that has gone wrong in his own life. It turns out he is probably an even worse abuser.

And a lot of prostitutes who got million dollar jobs in Hollywood as "actors" so we have to zap through a pile of **** when we turn on the tv, are cashing in on their self-prostitution now. A lot of ****** movies come out because people with a nice body that can't act sell themselves to producers like Weinstein and directors like... well, I thankfully don't know any of their names.

Thanks for the affirmation of what Jupiter in Taurus is theoretically about, because theory alone isn't enough. One member mentioned the personal placement of Saturn in Virgo, another "Purpose-indicator". This particular member is extremely interested in using Astrology in an analytical way to help people overcome their hang-ups and limitations in conventional, standard ways. Maybe being in Virgo brings out the best in Saturn! Possibly, being a Purpose-indicator brings out the best in all of them, not just Saturn. (Still doing research on what all these different placements mean.)

Virgo does seem a very Saturnian sign. I have the feeling though that Saturn, when not ill aspected, always bestows a sense of purpose - that this is what Saturn is.

blacksun?

Here's another one of yours:

Native-ruler in the Sign Native-ruled by the Motivator, in this case, Ascendant in Aries: Catalytic ability.

My Ascendant has always been my proudest placement. Ive usually felt that my best qualities arise from it. My capacity to stand alone when all others cower and become corrupted, my joy in taking on world-scale evil with one or two friends, and my capacity to actually dent these evils, I associate with the Ram. I strongly associate Aries with Alexander the Great, and thus with Achilles - two men that simply did not compromise.

From the outside it looked like Achilles' "wrath", but what it really was is his ability to value without compromise. That is what Cardinal Fire means.

blacksun?

Currently pondering the difference in having "Purpose", and having "Directionality"--subtle, but important. I have strong "Directionality", but no "Purpose" placements. I'm connecting Purpose with a sense of urgency and impatience, whereas Directionality brings with it a sense of inevitability, without hurry or worry. An analogy for the latter could be a river flowing towards the sea, with no doubt it will get there, despite twists and turns and attempts to prevent it. But Purpose would involve a deliberate effort to remove obstacles in its path, so that it gets there sooner.

Yes, that seems entirely accurate about the Purpose placements - that they enjoy removing obstacles in their path, and enjoy destroying their enemies. I would not so much think it has to do with impatience or hurry necessarily (though it would become an issue now and then), but certainly with a degree of violence, like nature is patient until it decides to unleash its force to restore itself in its own order.

Perhaps this also relates, in the case of the Purpose placements, to being acutely aware of what it means to lose values; that is always the only thing that justifies violence and unleashes it on a large scale in the world. When fundamental values are under attack.

Jupiter in Taurus does not mind risking world-war to protect his family. Because what is the world worth if it doesn't allow you to protect your family? Less than nothing.

david starling

It's a combination of Jupiter in Taurus (Purpose) and Aries Ascendant (Catalytic--the ability to initiate the changes in accordance with purposeful action). Aries and Taurus are the Yang/Yin partners of the first "basic division" (60 degrees of the Zodiacal circle of 6 parts). Primal and focused when operating together.

blacksun?

I want to thank you again for all the big clarifications.

Could I ask what you think of Venus in Pisces in combination with this Aries/Taurus primal focus?

I would think it is about the nature of what I am focussed on -
Pisces is a damned mysterious signs though. It is far more violent than it is reputed to be.

Especially the third decanate enjoys things pretty rough, it seems, when I look at the charts of Russian leaders and authors- they all have something near the 27th degree where my Venus is.

blacksun?

Lol, it occurred to me to check Rasputin.
He has Chiron on 26 Pisces, haha.

Lenin has Vesta on 24, Stalin Saturn on 26, Dostoyevsky has Pluto on 27 - the list goes on. Putin Pallas on 26.

blacksun?

A different topic - for the past few months Ive been playing chess online (lichess.org) to sort of get to a level that when someone challenges me I am not afraid to take it on. I needed to at least develop some sort of style or consistency in my game, which is working finally after about a thousand games in a few months. Anyway, at one point I got too curious about the astrology behind chess, and looked at a few famous players charts. What I noticed is that, to my surprise, a predominant force seemed to be Mars. I then realized that chess is like war, a game of elimination. A creative player (like Fischer, who has Mars on 0 Aquarius right on his descendant opposed Pluto and Venus in Aries on the MC) is just creative at destroying his opponent.

As soon as I understood that it isn't enough to "develop my position", but that the priority is to make life difficult for your opponent from the second move onward (hard to make it hard in the first move) I began consistently improving my rating. Which is still very modest, but Im getting a grip. Im getting somewhat decent at increasing the tension on the board and picking the right moment to initiate exchange cycles. All of it is a game of elimination and to mate someone is really a form of cruelty.

Last edited:

blacksun?

So for Pisces you have Mercury, Pluto and Moon.
Hm, I have these three planets on the same degree of different signs.

Moon in Pisces as urgency is right, whats Ive seen. Definitely a great force in my philosopher friend here, and thus also to this video. Purpose... but what?? It kind of was like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VjDVjiQYY

Last edited:

david starling

I want to thank you again for all the big clarifications.

Could I ask what you think of Venus in Pisces in combination with this Aries/Taurus primal focus?

I would think it is about the nature of what I am focussed on -
Pisces is a damned mysterious signs though. It is far more violent than it is reputed to be.

Especially the third decanate enjoys things pretty rough, it seems, when I look at the charts of Russian leaders and authors- they all have something near the 27th degree where my Venus is.

Venus in Pisces places it in the role of Benefactor, and is a mellowing influence, adding a kinder, gentler attitude to the mix.
I have Sun in 28 degrees Pisces, and Mars in Pisces as well. Neptune in Libra may be why I avoid and detest violence, although I totally understand it. Piscean violence is usually unplanned and accompanied by temporary anger and rage, followed by regret. As for self-defense, I subscribe to a "Rule of Least Necessary Force", which is why, for example, I chose to study Aikido rather than Karate. Karate lends itself to overkill, unless the practitioner has the mental discipline to limit the amount of damage to what fits the situation.

david starling

I lack Purpose in personal placements, but we all have it from the Age of Tropical Capricorn. I do have two Catalytics, two Facilitators, and one Directional, which is the extremely personal Ascendant in Pisces. We got some fairly long-term sense of Purpose from Neptune in Scorpio overlapping Ouranos in Libra, which were my formative years, but ended in 1975. As for Directional, we'll all get a good run of that from the combination of Pluto in Aquarius and Ouranos in Taurus.
Neptune in Sagittarius (1970-1984) was a Facilitating placement, and I remember feeling it as "anything is possible, if you put the energy into it". Got a lot done, and I look back and wonder how I did it! :biggrin:

blacksun?

And Saturn is really setting us up for that
first a lot of practical details have to be put in place
the Will to Power will become apparent
and unavoidable
I made this song to the planet when he was still in Sagittarius.
Now this does seems like Jupiters song to Saturn.
Threat.... good. Doubt.... good.
"In the hardest conditions every magnificent seed is forged" - The 19th Century about the 21st
They wrote for us, these visionary fellows.
Let us take their hand and warm them at our fire.
The Nietzsche Campfire
Runes and shadows
truths and Saturn

Happy Newyear...

Never before did that phrase sound so sardonic.

blacksun?

Like the Wolga or the Nile
Slow though lands first dark and mysterious
then....
well what comes normally beyond darkness and mystery?
A river contested like the Rhine, parties on each side... don't hold breath keep flowing and keep your tunes that form the compass to your boats to remain in tune also in time and space
as song does that to people, that they become like birds

Boats on a dark river, small fishing boats on a dark river that is nowhere the same and never not under the sky
there is no bridge across the river, no firm paths
only these vessels.
The purpose is very clear. Abundance is within reach. It's just a matter of who gets there first. And that is complicated enough that no one will be getting anywhere first until facilitation is offered - so it becomes a race to be worthy of being facilitated by the destiny of the emerging Immediate Mind.