Aquarius casting illusions

dragon03201978

You are right, odds are if you offered her terrible advice she would not keep coming back for more. At least part of your advice has been helpful. Most likely more than just part. What advice did you offer her?

waybread

It's been very situational, depending upon what's upset her at the time.

I think that when you offer any kind of advice, you try to really listen to the person, to get the full story. Also, sometimes the person just needs to unburden herself. You try to validate the person, if you can. This might just be saying something like, "I had something like this happen to me once, and I felt the same way." If asked for it, offer practical advice about how to get through a difficult situation. Maybe suggest other people she could talk to. And then admit to our limits as advice-givers.

This is where an active Chiron can be helpful.

conspiracy theorist

My suggestion? I don't know what you're story is about, but the way you are approaching the characters makes them sound one-dimensional, which I personally find boring. People have already suggested that you do more research on astrology and ditch the sun sign thinking, but my suggestion is, if you are so gung-ho on using astrology to build the personalities of your characters, why don't use randomly generated birthdays, and write characters that fit the natal charts that those birthdays result in? That way the cookbook descriptions that you'll encounter paints a somewhat more rounded picture (not by much but it's something) that might result in a better written character.

Last edited:

dragon03201978

I admit what i am saying in this post is rather one dimensional. The main reason for this is I want to make sure I understand each dimension before I finally move on. The part I am having trouble with is what it means to have a Rational Viewpoint. The best way I can define this statement is someone taking a rational viewpoint thinks with their head and keeps their heart cool.

Is there something anyone would like to add to this definition of taking a rational viewpoint? Ideally, I would be able to give an example of someone whom took a rational viewpoint. Then I would be able to say exactly (not just using buzzwords like above) what it means to take a rational viewpoint.

Thanks again for contributing to this thread, and I look forward to reading your responses.

dragon03201978

One of my limitations, at least when I am doing research, is to sound one-dimensional. I find I understand better wehn I tackle one thing at a time. In the case of astrology, which is incredibly complicated, I prefer the approach of figuring out the signs. When I feel comfortable with one sign, I move onto another sign. Right now, I am interested in understanding the interaction between two signs. Actually more specifically, I wish to understand one aspect of one of the signs and see how this aspect interacts with the other sign. Does this make sense?

Granted, when I have completed my research, the characters will not sound one dimensional. Why? Each sign in astrology is incredibly complex. There is plenty of material in one sign to create a very multidimensional character. How many of you can honestly say after all the research you have done on even one sign, the sign is now boring, because it ceases to surprise you? Please note, my hand is not raised. My guess is in my case, I could literally do nothing but research Leo for the rest of my life, and I would still be surprised on a weekly basis. Probably more frequently than that.

aquabutterfly

Well.... i am aquarius with ascendant in cancer...so i can only speak for myself.
Sometimes i know i can look detached for someone close to me but i am very in touch with my emotions and other people's emotions. However I feel most of the time i see others discussing about things that to me dont seem that important so i dont get into certain conversations and therefore i can look detached to others.

Andrea_

I have Moon/Venus conjunct in Aquarius (1st House, but intercepted) and Sun in the 12th of Capricorn. The illusion thing applies to me, I am able to project ideas, but I dislike appearing as something... fake or I don't know very well how to define it, without dignity. But I also have Mars, Mercury, Neptune and Uranus in the 1st conjunct each other and then with venus/moon like in a train.

Have had troubles expressing myself to people (otherwise i had like a 6th sense for kids and animals) and being understood, and in fact my intentions could very easily be read wrong. I had a bit of a "let's test the limits of what i can do" spirit that wasn't necessarily an angel, though I'm just speaking on a mental level. That's how I learned how superficial people are, to dissimulate, and also played in a theater crew, which I enjoyed a lot, though that's far from being among my primary occupations ^^

Over time I corrected myself (in my opinion) and what I thought I picked wrong (again in my opinion) from the environment and created thicker layers/filters. I used to be pretty sensitive towards my environment and the people in it. Yet at the same time I used to look and feel so detached at the end of the day. Deep inside things still impact you nevertheless, they might just hit you later when you have to clean them up.

It's impressive how easy it is to create illusions (but they don't hold unless they are wishes of some kind), how easily others pick up one thing and hold onto it like a dog that would remember (unfortunate case) just one smell, or can't pick up certain other things at all. Many cannot see some things because they simply never wondered about them. People "project" all the time. One really has to not look at that when assessing a person.

Not every Aquarius is shaped "extremist" by life.

Last edited:

see the Light

The persons lacks Earth and is filled with Air, also Mercury there in the same sign.
We can expect out of carrecter behavior.
Air can easily overdone just " gone by the wind" by carelessness.
The actors chart holds also lot of out planets in aspect to that too much of Air.
With Pluto expect more manipulative behavior than can be sen just b the Aqua planets, so think Scorpionic vengeance and manipulations here. Also Saturn and Uranus aspects Aqua in the chart.

I do not know this actor, but hope I could help.

CauCau26

I am an Aquarius sun and I do this quite often; However, like Waybread pointed out, there are certain astrological configurations and placements that inhibit or promote certain behaviors in a person. In my case, my illusion-casting 'skill' is promoted by a 4-planet and a 2-planet+rising stellia in my 12 house. A person who pretends to be intellectually stupid probably has their mercury in the 12th house. I have this placement in my natal so I am privy to how this behavior manifests in others, like yourself. While I am not a genius or considered smart in the traditional way, there's this compulsive need in me to hide how my mind truly works from others (withhold what they can reverse-engineer by keeping them in the dark. -Capricorn rising) They don't have to know what I really think so most of the time I pretend like I don't know or don't notice Patterns with a capital P. People underestimate me and treat me as they would a person of inferior 'status' and this is exactly how I want it to happen for my 'psychoanalysis' to work without a hitch. Added bonus is that people are generally lenient with those who they think are dumb. (It does take some considerable skill to act like a veritable goose. Trump, anyone?)

AppLeo explained it perfectly and succinctly. People high up in the hierarchy tend to use our own humanity against us, so it is quite imperative to acquire the same set of tools they have by becoming truly aware of what makes people really tick. Then you adjust by adopting behaviors these people expect from you. Play on people's emotions and prejudices and you most certainly will get what you want. ;) But is that just limited to Aquarius? Maybe, maybe not.

As for your Aquarius character, you should probably create a fictional chart that would explain from an astrological standpoint why he is the way he is. Successful? Uhm, Saturn in the 10th opposite Uranus? The issue with the daughter? 5th house thing with his Mercury square her Moon and his Moon is trine her daughter's Moon? This is just a very basic deduction from what I know of what these celestial objects represent. (I am a quite a novice in astrology and still in the process of enjoying the archetypes represented by the objects like enjoying a pot.) Then if you have a rough draft of this person's chart, you may want to reverse search the placements using an astrology software to find out if such placements have occurred recently if your story's genre is contemporary. Then you get the birth details of the fictional person to lend the story credibility! You may then adjust where and when your story takes place. ;)

P.S.: You don't have to believe what I have written nor heed my advice, if somewhat unsolicited. ;)

InfoOverload2

One of my limitations, at least when I am doing research, is to sound one-dimensional. I find I understand better wehn I tackle one thing at a time. In the case of astrology, which is incredibly complicated, I prefer the approach of figuring out the signs. When I feel comfortable with one sign, I move onto another sign. Right now, I am interested in understanding the interaction between two signs. Actually more specifically, I wish to understand one aspect of one of the signs and see how this aspect interacts with the other sign. Does this make sense?

Granted, when I have completed my research, the characters will not sound one dimensional. Why? Each sign in astrology is incredibly complex. There is plenty of material in one sign to create a very multidimensional character. How many of you can honestly say after all the research you have done on even one sign, the sign is now boring, because it ceases to surprise you? Please note, my hand is not raised. My guess is in my case, I could literally do nothing but research Leo for the rest of my life, and I would still be surprised on a weekly basis. Probably more frequently than that.

I think your time might be better spent researching the planets. The energy of the signs cannot be mastered...in my opinion the sign is just like a blurred aura that will manifest itself appropriately for the situation and the person. Studying signs is like studying a sea of potentials.

The planets actually have agendas