Newspaper Astrology

astrobob

I would like some suggestions on which technique is best for writing daily, weekly, monthly and yearly horoscopes. The simpler the better. I have investigated extensively on the Internet and every Astrologer uses a derivative of the Whole Sign Method, but explanations are vague in regard to how you create interpretations for each sign.

I primarily use Janus 4.3 as my software.

Thank you,
Robert

Use a whole sign chart for each sign and read them like natal charts. For example, a horoscope for Leo would have Leo on the Asc. The transiting Sun (ruler of Leo) is currently in Libra (3rd house from Leo) and it is squaring Pluto in Capricorn (6th house from Leo). So a general newspaper horoscope for Leo may point to issues involving power struggles with authority figures (Sun square Pluto). 3rd house is communication and 6th house is job. That is just 1 interpretation. Does this make sense?

astrobob

So you just choose the sign of the zodiac as the 1st house and look at the aspects in the other derived houses? My confusion with many of the techniques was how to properly set up each sun sign in my software. I suppose the aspects are not a problem as much as how to go through each sign on the 1st house. Thank you for your insight, it is appreciated. Do you have any guidelines as to the best way to go through each sign?

Sincerely,
Robert

So you just choose the sign of the zodiac as the 1st house and look at the aspects in the other derived houses? My confusion with many of the techniques was how to properly set up each sun sign in my software. I suppose the aspects are not a problem as much as how to go through each sign on the 1st house. Thank you for your insight, it is appreciated. Do you have any guidelines as to the best way to go through each sign?

Sincerely,
Robert

Yes that is correct. You are welcome. I think that a good guideline would be to look at where the ruler of each sign is placed and how it is aspected. I personally do not use there type of horoscopes because I find that they are too general. I find that outer planet transits to an individual natal chart are much more accurate.