Uranus - The Rebellious Eccentric

Abby83

What are you talking about... What's wrong with thinking about astrology this way?? It makes sense if that's how you describe Uranus.

Uranus is exalted in scorpio, because scorpio is known as the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Burning the old and starting the new--very similar to Uranus energy. Uranus ***** in taurus because is always traditional and never wants to start anything new. And then Uranus is at home in Aquarius for obvious reasons and not at home in Leo because Leo is the opposite of Aquarius. Uranus rules Aquarius and so does Saturn. Saturn and Uranus are both co-rulers of Aquarius. Uranus is most comfortable in Aquarius compared to all the signs.

I agree. I look at what Uranus represents in my chart and ive already predicted that when it enters Taurus, that Uranus will not be a happy camper for sure, which will benefit me :).

Kitchy

Banned
I have witnessed this too with my children and their friends as well. Perfect representation of these energies.

Yeah, but it's a dam*n shame when the moon is involved. The two planets together can never agree on when the ride is supposed to end - and moon is often caught in the middle.

Osamenor

Staff member
Uranus is exalted in scorpio, because scorpio is known as the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Burning the old and starting the new--very similar to Uranus energy.
Hmmm... in one way, that makes perfect sense. In another way... I would think burning the old and starting the new would make more sense in a cardinal or mutable sign, especially a fire one, than a fixed sign. Fixed signs are generally resistant to change. Yet, Scorpio has a lot to do with transformation... I guess you could say it's kind of the moving fixed sign. And Aquarius, where Uranus is definitely most at home, is also fixed.
Uranus ***** in taurus because is always traditional and never wants to start anything new.
More to the point, Taurus would be extremely cautious about starting anything new. Caution seems to be the epitome of earth signs in particular, and perhaps of Cancer as well.

I suppose we could see Taurus as the sign that doesn't want to start anything new because it just did. Taurus is the second sign of the zodiac. Aries starts the new cycle of everything--I would think Uranus is especially well placed in Aries, because of that newness, fieriness, and impulsive energy. Taurus, coming right after, is the sign where that initial burst of energy settles and focuses, transitioning from the original motivating force to building and solidifying the new thing. All fire sign-earth sign sequences fit that pattern to a certain extent.

And then Uranus is at home in Aquarius for obvious reasons and not at home in Leo because Leo is the opposite of Aquarius. Uranus rules Aquarius and so does Saturn. Saturn and Uranus are both co-rulers of Aquarius. Uranus is most comfortable in Aquarius compared to all the signs.
I have no problem with Aquarius being Uranus's domicile, because it does fit so obviously well, but I have some trouble with Leo being its fall. Fire signs, all fire signs, seem to fit Uranus energy especially well. Leo may be a little less Uranian than Aries or Sagittarius because it's fixed fire, but still... fire seems to fit Uranus.

theV

Pluto in Capirocorn and Uranus in Taurus, two transformative planets in the most stable signs of zodiac ohoh!!

AppLeo

Hmmm... in one way, that makes perfect sense. In another way... I would think burning the old and starting the new would make more sense in a cardinal or mutable sign, especially a fire one, than a fixed sign. Fixed signs are generally resistant to change. Yet, Scorpio has a lot to do with transformation... I guess you could say it's kind of the moving fixed sign. And Aquarius, where Uranus is definitely most at home, is also fixed.

More to the point, Taurus would be extremely cautious about starting anything new. Caution seems to be the epitome of earth signs in particular, and perhaps of Cancer as well.

I suppose we could see Taurus as the sign that doesn't want to start anything new because it just did. Taurus is the second sign of the zodiac. Aries starts the new cycle of everything--I would think Uranus is especially well placed in Aries, because of that newness, fieriness, and impulsive energy. Taurus, coming right after, is the sign where that initial burst of energy settles and focuses, transitioning from the original motivating force to building and solidifying the new thing. All fire sign-earth sign sequences fit that pattern to a certain extent.

I have no problem with Aquarius being Uranus's domicile, because it does fit so obviously well, but I have some trouble with Leo being its fall. Fire signs, all fire signs, seem to fit Uranus energy especially well. Leo may be a little less Uranian than Aries or Sagittarius because it's fixed fire, but still... fire seems to fit Uranus.

Scorpio is fixed at transformation. This is what makes Uranus so good in Scorpio. Scorpio is scorpio because it has a similar energy to insects. Insects are always falling and dying and thousands take their place. This constant family tree of thousands and thousands of insects is an amazing constant transformation. All the insects put together could almost be considered like one animal that's just going through multiple changes.

Aquarius and Scorpio are similar in this way because they are both thinking in regards of the community. Many, many individuals. Scorpios carry the pains and hurts of everyone in their ancestry to finally resolve them and end the cycle--to create something new. Scorpio rules over the 8th house of taxes, sex, and depth, which is what keeps people connected. If Uranus in Aqaurius is is good because Aquarius is concerned with community then Uranus in Scorpio would also be good.

That's why Uranus in Scorpio rocks it because it's Uranus directed to the most important things such as healing and real growth. Burning and destroying things that no longer serve the community or persons relationships.

Also, Aries and Scorpio are both ruled by Mars. Scorpio is very similar to Aries except it's the feminine version. Uranus in Aries would bring quick change, but change that's superficial and short lived and has no real purpose. Uranus in Scorpio attacks things at the heart with a purpose.

Uranus in Scorpio is the best stop denying it.

I mean I think it's weird for Uranus to be the best in fire :unsure: The Sun is really happy in Leo and Aries, but not in Aquarius. So if Uranus is happy in Aquarius why in the world would it be happy in the fire signs?? Fire signs are not concerned with community, they are concerned with themselves. Uranus wants to bring change on a community level. Uranus is also a very intuitive planet, which is marvelous in Scorpio.

I love my Uranus energy!! Venus square uranus in Sagittarius...I've always found internet dating to be fun even from a young age, it mixes well with a Gemini Mars for communicating too. I've met some weird and wonderful people, including a guy that travelled up from London to see me when I was only about 18, and he ended up sleeping outside and the police came and picked him up :eek: you grow into it though. And I love Aquarius people, we have an easy connection. Liking odd people is good :)

theV

Uranus in Aries, we've seen the sexual liberated movements. Uranus In Taurus we might witness revolution in fashion industry, new trends, possible financial worldwide crisis.

Does anyone have any knowledge on "Mercury/Uranus aspects"?

My Mercury is square to Uranus and i'm curious about this aspect. Some have said it's a weak aspect while others have said the opposite.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

@johnny

Do you find that you're argumentative, never wanting to agree with the other person, always putting the opposite point of view?

Do you like reading science-fiction, or weird and whacky stuff that most 'normal' people aren't interested in?

Are you scattered in your thoughts, poor at concentrating for long on any one topic?

@johnny
Do you find that you're argumentative, never wanting to agree with the other person, always putting the opposite point of view?

I love debating not arguing because that would mean i lack critical thinking skills.

I always try and put up an alternate point of view because there are many reasonable sides to almost any issue while on the other hand i'm not going to argue against things like "2+2=4". I do listen to the other peoples point of view and i have in the past acknowledged that i have been wrong.

If someone refuses to see my point of view when i back it with facts then depending on the persons demeanor i will let the debate devolve into an argument.

@johnny
Do you like reading science-fiction, or weird and whacky stuff that most 'normal' people aren't interested in?

I'm not sure about this one. Astrology could be considered "wacky" by the majority of people you talk too while on the other hand science fiction is more accepted because its been main streamed making it less "wacky".

But yes i love science fiction, but i also love astronomy, astrology and the spirituality of Buddhism (just beginning my readings). Most normal people aren't interested in these kind of things.

@johnny
Are you scattered in your thoughts, poor at concentrating for long on any one topic?

My mind is scattered in that i have many things on the go but i wouldn't consider myself "spastic" as some descriptors online have described about this placement.

Yes i cant sit down for 4 hours reading the same thing and i will change it up for more stimulation.

Academically i have done well in school and it seemed weird that people would ask me to do their homework while at the same time call me "stupid". For example i remember tutoring some of my fellow students in Calculus back in the day and then having those same people call me stupid because my mind thinks about stuff like its running in 5th gear.

I dunno, just my honest opinion

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

I don't know if I would be considered Uranian but I have Sun trine Uranus, AC trine Uranus, Venus square Uranus, Moon semi-square Uranus, Uranus semi-square Pluto, Uranus conjunct Saturn, Uranus in the 4th and the cusps of my 5th house.

Hi all! Registered a couple of hours ago. First posting. I have to admit it is quite presumptuous to adopt a username that identifies with the planet Uranus. Anyway, all have a right to make their own assessment. I have Uranus in the 4th House widely conjunct the IC (closer to the angle - and in 22 degree fixed sign critical degree - if you look at my helio chart). Uranus semi-squares Mars, sextiles both my Moon and Sun, quintiles my Neptune, squares both my Mercury (said planet opposes Uranus in helio chart) and Venus, trines my Jupiter, sesquiquadrates Saturn, and opposes my Chiron (the asteroid being the only heavenly entity that surpasses the strength of Uranus in my chart.) Uranus is part of a T-square (along with Venus - at the apex - and Chiron) and a hard (octile) rectangle that includes Mars and Saturn (the other opposition - 6' approaching, off topic, but lucky me)! How does this vibrate personally? I could easily write a book... Individualistic, eccentric, rebellious, change, change, change... I have moved residences so many times throughout America and the world and had so many different jobs that I long ago lost count, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. Still not finished. And really the world is not enough. Can I ever be beamed to Uranus:biggrin:. I would love it I am sure:love:. Amusement aside, the winding journey has been external and becoming more and more profoundly (and, yes, challengingly, even disturbingly, internal). I look forward to further virtual interactions.

CapAquaPis

The sexual revolution happened in 1967-74 when Uranus was in Libra, but it might started earlier when in Virgo 1960-67, right in between the ecliptic (the zodiac starts in Aries, ends in Pisces). Attitudes about sexuality in the western world are comparably loose and totally reformed when under Pisces and Aries. However, retro-conservative morals, ethics and values in the late 1980s-90s (the USA) when Uranus in Sagittarius and Capricorn nearly ended the trend.