Can You Really Predict Death?

Culpeper

Premium Member
In traditional astrology the most important method of predicting death was by the use of primary directions. To predict death move the ascendant degree by calculation a certain distance each year clock-wise until it reaches the conjunction, opposition or square of a malefic or ruler of the eighth house. This will indicate the most dangerous years in the life of the native.

However, you will need more than one testimony to make a prediction of death. The yearly profections were used also. If the ruler of the year is ruled by the same planet as that shown by the primary direction then death is very probable. In addition you can also look at the solar return and even transits.

The main issue with primary directions is how to calculate them. Over the centuries they suffered from a multiplication of entities. That is there are so may ways to do it that no one knows how to do it anymore. It became so complicated that astrologers stopped using it. The ancient Greeks used the rising times of the signs, but I cannot get any consistent results from this method either.

After much experimenting, I have found that the simplest method is the most effective. Just count one year for each degree clock-wise. This just like counting one year for each sign with counter clock-wise profections. In astrology the simplest method is the most effective.

So if you are interested in predicting death give this a try. It is not difficult, and it is not a useless activity. You may be able to save your life. My primary direction to the opposition of Mars was just a few years ago. It was just one near death experience after another and several totaled cars. But I walked away from all of it, and others had to pay me for it.

FraterAC

To see CEO Carter's method of predicting transition (death) demonstrated using as an example an analysis of the death of the actress Jayne Mansfield, see here:

JUPITERASC

the different ways
astrology can speak to the topic of death
both by looking at a person's birth chart
and the charts of people who are close to them.

DISCUSSING MULTIPLE EXAMPLES :)

Last edited:

waybread

FraterAC, are you familiar with Richard Houck's book, The Astrology of Death? He was completely wrong on both the timing and manner of his own death.

Death prediction is common in Vedic astrology, but they have their errors, as well. Somewhere on this or a much older death prediction thread, I reported on my inquiry into cases of death prediction mistakes reported in the media in India. One involved an astrologer who was still living after his predicted ToD. The other involved a client who disliked his death prediction -- so he committed suicide. (Thereby demonstrating the problem. If death prediction were accurate, his suicide wouldn't have been in possible.)

I am a volunteer with my local hospice society. I can get into this if it is helpful.

I believe that some people are psychic, and that some psychics practice astrology.

I have no problems at all with you looking at death moments in the past. Predicting the death of a living person is unethical, according to ISAR -- and yours truly.

FraterAC

Predicting the death of a living person is unethical, according to ISAR -- and yours truly.
I agree and have included disclaimers in several of my posts. I never have and never will forecast transition to anyone I consult with, and would never recommend anyone else do so.

What I believe is of interest in this .256 Direction is that it involves planetary configurations we associate with psychic experiences or expansion of consciousness. Specifically Neptune and Jupiter with each other and the Lights. There is no connection with Saturn, Pluto, or the 8th house per se, or anything about whatever the mechanism of transition may be.

I think that in itself tells us something valuable about the phenomena of transition (death), and that is why I posted the technique, and links back to my description and demonstration of it.

waybread

Hi Frater -- I admire your technical expertise. (I don't think I'll acquire much, myself.)

As you know, there are records of astrologers accurately predicting death. And a lot of records of astrologers being significantly mistaken. Oftentimes the motives of clients wanting this information are highly suspect. For example:

In fact there is something known as the "Jeane Dixon effect." She was an astrologer and psychic noted for predicting the death of JFK, while she and her fans ignored her many mistaken predictions.

It's been interesting to serve as a volunteer with my local hospice society. My intake training was led by 2 RNs who specialize in palliative care. Our local coordinator is an RN with palliative care experience. They and some of the long-term volunteers said that with patients who are palliating, they seem to have some control or direction over their passing. They might hold off for a special reason. Alternatively, they might pass when their loved one steps out, wanting to transition on their own. I haven't been present at someone's actual death, but with one patient, two days before her passing, I found it to be a very spiritual experience. This is what the experienced staff and volunteers report.

Astrologically, I see death as like a birth into another dimension. I have read about quincunx aspects being prominent in death charts, or in the charts of family members at the time. I wonder if some of them might actually be tri-septiles.

It must be very different for a victim of a sudden automobile accident.

What I hope we can do is clear up the many misconceptions of people who have the bejeezus scared out of them, simply because their moon just progressed into the 8th house, or they're entering a hard Pluto transit, or some such.

JUPITERASC

Can Death Be Predicted - Reality Of Astrology :)

Death Time period can be Predicted ?

t's impossible to know the exact date or manner you'll die

however
certain astrological factors may indicate these things.

Adeline

I believe you might..Using progressions and solar acs+other methods. I have studied many charts and the possible timing. Sometimes its clear but many times its not. I knew looking my sisters chart something was going to happen, She was never suicidal in her life even she was depressed. She was the strong one who would survive. Or at least so everyone thought. I looked her chart and i knew something was going to happen as final endings. I was sure even she didnt show any signs i should be worried. I knew something final and life changing was coming. I didnt want to believe it would be her death. I tried to predict queen Elizabeth and the timing with no luck. And as i have learned its not something we are suppose to know. All though i do think learning astrology is useful as i can see certain timing and phases for myself and others so i can be prepared and cautios.

JUPITERASC

I believe you might..Using progressions and solar acs+other methods. I have studied many charts and the possible timing. Sometimes its clear but many times its not. I knew looking my sisters chart something was going to happen, She was never suicidal in her life even she was depressed. She was the strong one who would survive. Or at least so everyone thought. I looked her chart and i knew something was going to happen as final endings. I was sure even she didnt show any signs i should be worried. I knew something final and life changing was coming. I didnt want to believe it would be her death. I tried to predict queen Elizabeth and the timing with no luck. And as i have learned its not something we are suppose to know.

All though i do think learning astrology is useful
as i can see certain timing and phases for myself and others
so i can be prepared and cautious.

FraterAC

As I said, to me the interesting thing about the .256 Directions is that they are configurations we associate with expansion of consciousness. These is nothing "destructive" or "painful" in their indications, at all. And according to Carter and Jayne, transition does not occur without these configurations (although I haven't tried to verify that personally in depth).

So that tells us something about the freeing of the consciousness of the soul at transition.

As to technical expertise, any software that can do Solar Arc directions can be spoofed into calculating these directions. The trick is one manipulates the date (in any desktop app that does dates, like Excel) before entering the date into the astrology software.
Using a few very simple hacks allows us to do fairly sophisticated things with even the most rudimentary astrology software.
If you're interested, ask me.

FraterAC

Well, maybe I will post five inaccurate examples.

Where would this get us?
What might get us further is just to post examples of transition, and let us work out whether or not these directions show up. Of course there might be ethical issues (on this site if the personal information is blanked, posting is allowed).
Again, I am not trying to predict death, per se, but to determine what are the configurations present at the time, and what that is telling us.
As (in the vast majority of cases) probably the least voluntary of human experiences, examining it (death, transition) might tell us something about astrological agency.
For the same reason, I've been interested in the astrology of accidents, too.

waybread

Frater, I so appreciate your astrological expertise and ethical stance towards death prediction.

Death prediction is accepted in Hindu astrology, but then, I understand that marriage questions are taboo.

The trouble is, that even Indian astrologers are sometimes mistaken.

This is a technical explanation of reasons for mistakes in Hindu (Vedic, jyotish) predictions:

One interesting point raised in this article is that divine intervention is needed for an Indian astrological prediction to be fulfilled. This is not something that one can just read off a horoscope.

To anyone who takes a cavalier attitude towards death prediction:

A person near the end of life and family members/loved ones are in an extremely emotionally vulnerable position. Even if the patient is elderly and has lived a full life, s/he can still be deeply missed and grieved. Death itself may be painless if the person is palliating in hospital and given a set of medications. The process of dying leading up to that end-of-life care can be extremely painful and frightening for patients and their loved ones. Especially so if the end-of-life is the result of a sudden injury or illness-onset like a heart attack. So it's not good enough to callously post some death prediction methods without coming to terms with the enormity of this transition in people's lives.

JUPITERASC

In astrology, there is no short-cut way to predict someone's death.
There are several factors and combinations that could result in death :)
Also, the exact time of death cannot be predicted accurately.
However,
more than just one planet brings this bad omen.
The exact time of death is actually very difficult to predict in astrology.
It depends on the planetary positions, Dasha, and Sub-Dasha period.
There are no short cuts or unique methods to predict the event.
Some of the planets that are karakas of death
are Saturn, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Sun.
The eighth house is also called the 'house of death' after having lived the allotted span of life

and all that is related to death such as inheritance legacies,wills , insurance, gratuities

Predict DEATH in Astrology ~ Renu Chaturvedi

Last edited: