21st Dec 2012....what's expected?

JUPITERASC

'….The 'Mayan Apocalypse' came from a New Age magic mushroom trip that inspired two New Age books in the Seventies and Eighties, predicting outcomes as surreal as a 'upgrade' to human consciousness prophesied by a spirit from the seventh century says a British academic SO people who are expecting the world to end December 21 - the so-called 'Mayan Apocalypse' - should be in for pleasant disappointment because the 'prophecy' does not stem from the Mayans at all - or date from thousands of years ago....' :smile:

'...“December 21st will be just another Friday morning,” said Andrew Wilson, Assistant Head of Social Studies, University of Derby. “A hippy guru named Jose Arguelles associated the date with the Mayan calendar in a book called The Mayan Factor, 1987. But it's an obsolete form of the calendar, which had not been used since the year 1100AD.” The date itself comes from prophecy based on a magic mushroom trip. “He claimed to be channeling various spirits, including the spirit of a Mayan king from the seventh century. He predicted a ‘shift in human consciousness’ - mass enlightenment.”...

'...The actual date of December 21 first appeared in an earlier 1975 book by Terence McKenna, a writer known for his descriptions of “machine elves” seen while under the influence of drugs. The date appeared in McKenna's ‘Timeline Zero’ prophecy, and was based on McKenna’s own mathematics, the Chinese I Ching and a magic mushroom trip. Jose Arguelles, author of The Mayan Factor later met Arguelles and the two became, Wilson says, part of a circle of New Age authors who cited each other’s work, lending the ‘prophecy’ an air of believability...'

Kuntuzangmo

If we listen to the elders of this continent (and I'm sure of others), this "end" is merely the beginning of a new cycle. The new cycle, and the transition into it, are an opportune time for realization and upliftment. We are made of the cosmos and yet we cling to the small "I". If we turn within, this is a magnificent time and opportunity to readjust our heart, mind, thoughts, body and emotions with the greater good of the universe.
Everything at this time is amplified. Put your heart and mind in a good place and you will get good results. Put your heart and mind in a fearful, aggressive or clinging place, these are the results you will get.
According to Hopi and Mayan elders (and other nations) we are entering a time of great awakening which will benefit all nations, all worlds, all beings.
If someone has fear, dread etc....just sit with it. If you sit and allow the thoughts/emotions to be without clinging to them, they will dissolve on their own. Thoughts and emotions persist because we hold on to them.
Freedom is being, not holding.

Claire19

On a personal level there wont be a huge change, we are already ascending and have been for years, slowly. Some of us are already in the higher dimension and some are not. If you have lost contact with some people over the years, they are not with the same dimension. If new people have come in, they are on your wavelength.

USA will have more financial woes and that will trickle down to those whose economy is involved with the American dollar such as Australia but what effect, it is hard to say. Already our interest rates are down and that is bad for those who depend on their investments.

The planet is not going to explode, that wont be allowed to happen but it is splitting in two orbs, one that will remain with the negativity and horror that is the old Earth and that is a choice. The other a higher vibration which is filled with love, peace and beauty. Open yourself to the possibility. Those who are aware are already on their way with the new one. That is all it takes. You need to eat lighter foods, more fruits and vegetables and it will be easier to make the transition.

Last edited:

Claire19

Wouldn't that Yod also be a Boomerang (or a "focused Yod") with Mercury/Venus/Antares opposing Jupiter/Aldebaran at the apex? I'm looking at the chart for 12/21/12 at 11:11 GMT

Or is 2-4 degrees too much slop for fixed star conjunctions?

If not, that would seem pretty significant...
My advice as an astrologer for many years is not to take fixed stars into account the way we do, real proper planets. You wont find much real info on aspects with these, and for good reason. There are myths and legends that are made up by those who dont really have any proof and they weave stories.

*emma*

Banned
If we listen to the elders of this continent (and I'm sure of others), this "end" is merely the beginning of a new cycle. The new cycle, and the transition into it, are an opportune time for realization and upliftment. We are made of the cosmos and yet we cling to the small "I". If we turn within, this is a magnificent time and opportunity to readjust our heart, mind, thoughts, body and emotions with the greater good of the universe.
Everything at this time is amplified. Put your heart and mind in a good place and you will get good results. Put your heart and mind in a fearful, aggressive or clinging place, these are the results you will get.
According to Hopi and Mayan elders (and other nations) we are entering a time of great awakening which will benefit all nations, all worlds, all beings.
If someone has fear, dread etc....just sit with it. If you sit and allow the thoughts/emotions to be without clinging to them, they will dissolve on their own. Thoughts and emotions persist because we hold on to them.
Freedom is being, not holding.

But hang on, isnt that a doomsday message to people who have negative thoughts? and cant get rid of them? i think thats about all the world population, You cant just tell people how to think, people work out their positives and negatives in their own time, their life

2012 is going to be a damp squib armageddon wise
And people will get enlightened when theyre ready to, they never have to be told

shadow moon

Banned
There's a hype bout 21st December based on the end of the Mayan Calendar. Are we astrologically expecting something beyond the Uranus-Pluto square?

I have a funny feeling that it`s going to be an uneventful, average day, besides few lunatics doing some show to get the media`s attention

Frank

http://proastrologer.com/?p=319

No apocalypse.

"Since this is a solar event, let’s look first to the places where the Sun is angular and where it crosses lines with other planets. Sun lines cut through Peru, Ecuador, Columbia, Germany, Austria, Italy, Libya, Niger , Nigeria, Cameroon, Tibet, Bangladesh, the coast of Myanmar, Thailand (Phuket especially), Sumatra, and western Australia."

catbebe20

15 minutes ago the clock read 0010 here and I thought myself, well, it's Dec 21 and nothing's happening. And, immediately, the lights in my building went off. My unit faces another condo and lights are on there, so I assume it is just my block. Hope it wasn't my thoughts that caused it. I have to admit I was still for two seconds there. Haha. (Typing fr android)

Coyote

But hang on, isnt that a doomsday message to people who have negative thoughts? and cant get rid of them? i think thats about all the world population, You cant just tell people how to think, people work out their positives and negatives in their own time, their life

2012 is going to be a damp squib armageddon wise
And people will get enlightened when theyre ready to, they never have to be told

That's not how I took that post. I took it to be saying that whatever is going on with you emotionally/mentally over the days when this unusual type of transit is occurring is likely to be amplified like an electric guitar string. So it's advisable to take some conscious initiative to put yourself in as good a place as possible emotionally, or you may be in for a pretty bad PMS experience until the transit passes. And pointing out that if you do experience some dark emotions you should just let the feeling be and it will pass is just sound psychological advice. I took this post as a suggestion that we all make an effort to respond to our emotions in a conscious manner over the next few days... always good advice, no matter what's going on in the heavens. Transits do the most damage when we respond to them in an unconscious/reactionary manner. They can be most constructive when we are deliberately more self-aware.

Besides, the awareness that our feelings may be grossly exaggerated for awhile may help us curb the tendency to overreact in the heat of the moment. If we can remember that the situation may be inflated in our minds, we can choose to wait and see how we feel about it next week.

It would be very interesting to look at the murder/suicide/divorce rates for this event. If the intensification prediction is correct, then these are likely to reflect it, even if nothing major happens on the world stage.

Culpeper

Premium Member
After all, this is the Mayan Calendar that ended. I looked at the Solar Ingress into Capricorn for Chichen Itza in Yucatan the land of the Maya--5:11 am. 6 hours west. Jupiter in the 7th house rules the ascendant and 4th while Mercury in the first house rules first and 10th. Moon in the 5th is in trine aspect with Mercury in the same degree. Venus is in the first house. Saturn and Mars are in weaker positions although Mars has essential dignity.

Looks like a rather good mundane chart. Most of what we hear about this event is channeled intelligence. The 3rd house is weak so it is probably not too reliable. The gods are supposed to return at this time, but they are usually invisible to humans. You can see them in a Magic Mirror if you do that. It does not appear that they are bringing disaster with them.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

I agree that the hype is again another prophecy that has been 'misinterpreted'. The reason I believe this is: 'if the Mayans could predict our demise, how could they not see their own downfall?' I believe that the calendar was an accounting of all the things that went wrong in their own civilization, left as a warning to future citizens. Who would want to believe in a society that involved human sacrifice, after all? Their ancestors fled from Pacific Ocean Islands, [as in the case of Easter Island] after destroying all of their own resources and leaving the land barren and desolate and non-supportive of life. Therein is a lesson for us: we too have been overindulgent in our ways, in our consumerism and wastefulness. The takers of the world create wars over territory and resources, which in turn feeds the military-industrial complex, which then compels us to indulge in materialistic consumerism. And then we have nowhere to dump all the refuse. They have been environmentally irresponsible to the extreme. Pluto and Uranus are about generational changes of significance relating to political/economic/social issues...the people have not listened to their ancestors and are indeed fueled by the urge for power, greed, control, acquisition and extreme lack of accountability. As such, there are indeed necessary crises to befall us, in order to awaken us from the dreams woven by Neptune. The other lesson of the Mayans is the fact that they were invaded and over-run by the Spaniards, who took everything and left them with nothing...do you see the similarity? This is perhaps the most important message: the sheeple in their ignorance are again today allowing their own government to do the same thing to them: to disorient, to control, to deceive,to terrorize and to exert their own power, through oppression and enslavement. Due to the ongoing conditioning of the people there could indeed be more disasters in store for us, aside from the two recent events of significance: the Flooding of New York, and subsequently this senseless, despicable killing of school children. Sometimes the question really comes down to: do you really want to be living in a system such as this anyways? Remember also that Maya means 'Illusion' and that is the primary lesson being sent to us from the Universal Plan of Awakening: we must give up these false illusions that have been programmed into us and ultimately the entire exercise is about 'growing in consciousness', through awareness, attentiveness and understanding. Can you not see the writing on the wall, [and the signs in the heavens]? We DO need to wake up! Yet again, sometimes it takes major critical events to get us to transform into a higher level of consciousness, and that too is part of the plan.:sideways:

JUPITERASC

END OF THE WORLD POSTPONED DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES :smile:

'....The American government released a statement reassuring its citizens, saying "The Maya celebrated the end of every calendar cycle, they did not consider them as predictions of a global catastrophe."

'Doomsday preppers' in America are ready for apocalypse - but hotels and restaurant chains are also prepared. T.G.I Friday's has an 'end of the world' special called "Last Friday" in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and Washington D.C. The "End-of-the-World" Menu offers a Mayan Margarita, the Last First Bite appetizer, the Rib-Eye to End All Rib-Eyes entree and Final Countdown dessert....'

'....The London Fire Brigade spokesman advised: "Fit a smoke alarm on each level of your home, then at least you might stand a chance of knowing that the end of the world is nigh ahead of those who don't. If you survive the apocalypse you'll be alerted to a fire more quickly should one ever break out."

The AA said: "Before heading off, take time to do the basic checks on your car and allow extra time for your journey.”,,,,'

'….Hundreds of doomsday believers have flocked to Serbian 'mystical' mountain where alien pyramid supposedly buried. Mount Rtanj, Carpathians, supposedly contains alien relics with a special power that will preserve people on Doomsday. Local hotels have seen hundreds of booking requests.

The village of Bugarach, in the Pyrenees, has become a focus for Doomsday believers - some of whom think the village will be only part of Earth to survive. Believers think UFOs will rescue people from the impending apocalypse. The local mayor has said that 100 gendarmes will seal the town from 19-23 December to keep out Doomsday cultists....'

Coyote

Well, my cats have been preparing me for the apocalypse for awhile now. They've been very conscientious about teaching me to hunt toy mice. I wake up to one at the foot of my bed every day. I've got my flashlights and a couple gallons of water. I'm all set.

kimbermoon

As seen from my location on the West Coast of B.C.
The Galactic Center, source of energy and creation, is symbolically a black hole. It is true that there is nothing unusual about the meeting of the Sun with this zone, as it does happen every year; however it could also represent a time tunnel whereby perhaps the vibrational energies may have a greater affect in some way on us this year: a portal opening to a new dimension. When the Mayans predicted the end of time, they probably meant we would undergo some type of change relating to time itself; the times as we know it are definitely undergoing a major transformation. In this dimension it is, in fact, the time-line that keeps us supposedly moving in a forward direction, as we remain focused in the past, the present and the future. What if there was suddenly no time-line and we became capable of inter-dimensional travel? Consider Saturn, the master of time, now merging with the energy of Scorpio. This could have many implicationsthat we fail to imagine at this time. On the surface it represents penetration into the deeper levels of life's mysteries; it is the unknown and the world of the psyche. In the 7th house, this could suggest that we need to be more accountable for our own actions, and find ways of expressing our true self, rather than through the mask that we have designed for us to wear in public. With all planets oriented on one half of the chart, this tells me that the law of cause and effect will indeed be involved in the plan for a new awakening. With Jupiter/Venus in opposition there is a tendency to over-indulge and waste our personal 'resources' [2nd house]. This also symbolizes our spiritual resources [8th house]. Planets in the houses represent the energies of 'cause' while it's opposite represents the 'effect', or outcome, of our actions. Consider also the accumulating influence of the Sun with Pluto in the 10th house: whereby power and tyranny can affect our individual sense of Identity and our individuality. I suggest that we not be too quick to dismiss the influence of the Uranus/Pluto Square: it is, in fact, still considered in aspect through to 2015. [http://cura.free.fr/xx/20palden.html]. These cycles are considered significant in terms of historical cycles, representing 'the storms of history.' It is said that Pluto's resisting patterns include outright oppression and escalation of social control. Remember the civil uprisings of racism during the 60's in America? In 1965, the cycle of Uranus/Pluto conjunct was set into play. Now we are at a significant transitional phase, represented by the square, symbolizing the 'summer phase' of fruition and ongoing tension. I think that the Yod formations are in fact significant, symbolizing the Finger of Fate [or God]. See how Jupiter, Pluto, Saturn are configured in aspect? Considering that Jupiter is also in the 'engine position' of a planetary train, this adds to the significance, involving necessary adjustments and adaptation as it's theme. In the effort to increase our consciousness, we must utilize the best of the energies of the energies of Pluto [intensity, penetration and empowerment] and Saturn [self-control, stability and security] to free ourselves from the limitations of Saturn and the crises of Pluto. In addition the Moon is in the First Quarter phase, representing as some claim a 'crisis of consciousness' in itself. It tends to arouse urgency and anxiety and sometimes self-defensiveness [emotional distortions or distress]. It is because of the train configuration, that I believe we are definitely heading towards a common destination. And don't forget about the Full Moon on the 28th, where things are apt to reveal some important messages for us all. The overall plan is about heightened consciousness [expansion and discovery] and it is about a return to divinity through spiritual understanding. I do plan to be here on the 22nd, perhaps with some new awareness; don't forget that the Solstice also represents a 'return to the light'. God Bless us everyone. :joyful:

ptolomy

From my experience whenever i have seen a calendar it has a begining and an end,IE: the calendar for 2012 begins the 1st of January and ends the 31st of December.The same principal applies to the mayan calendar in my opinion,They had to draw a line somewhere,If they started the circle at the same point of the circle as its reached now it stands to reason that you cant make the calendar continue any further without making another one that starts on the 22,12,2012 and describes yet another great cycle that ends at the same point in space but many years later,To my knowledge no where is it written in ancient mMayan literature that this date is the end of the world,It most likely is a significant period for mankind which extends over a long period of time.
Ps its not much more than an hour here where i live before the 21st,So lets hope i dont have to eat my words in the next 24 hours:)lol

JUPITERASC

From my experience whenever i have seen a calendar it has a begining and an end,IE: the calendar for 2012 begins the 1st of January and ends the 31st of December.The same principal applies to the mayan calendar in my opinion,They had to draw a line somewhere,If they started the circle at the same point of the circle as its reached now it stands to reason that you cant make the calendar continue any further without making another one that starts on the 22,12,2012 and describes yet another great cycle that ends at the same point in space but many years later,To my knowledge no where is it written in ancient Mayan literature that this date is the end of the world,It most likely is a significant period for mankind which extends over a long period of time.
Ps its not much more than an hour here where i live before the 21st,So lets hope i dont have to eat my words in the next 24 hours:)lol
'The calendar' is an artificial contruct, based on location in time and space involving the 'international date line'. Time is 'relative' :smile:

QUOTE:

'....The Himba people in Ekambu, Namibia say: "When the thunderstorms start and the leaves grow from the ground, that’s how we know it’s the new year," said Maverihepisa Koruhama, one of the villagers in Ekambu.

The Himba measure time by the shifting sun and mark the coming of the new year with the arrival of seasonal rains that transform the parched red soil into a carpet of green. In their Herero language, the word for "day" is the same as the word for "sun"...'

The 'year 2012' translated to other calendars – 95 words sourced from wikipedia

Ab urbe condita 2765
Armenian 1461
ԹՎ ՌՆԿԱ
Assyrian 6762
Bahá'í 168–169
Bengali 1419
Berber 2962
British Regnal year 60 Eliz. 2 – 61 Eliz. 2
Buddhist 2556
Burmese 1374
Byzantine 7520–7521
Chinese 4648/4708-12-8
4649/4709-11-19
Coptic 1728–1729
Ethiopian 2004–2005
Hebrew 5772–5773
Hindu calendars
- Vikram Samvat 2068–2069
- Shaka Samvat 1934–1935
- Kali Yuga 5113–5114
Holocene 12012
Iranian 1390–1391
Islamic 1433–1434
Japanese Heisei 24
(平成24)
Juche 101
Julian calendar Gregorian minus 13 days
Korean calendar 4345
Minguo calendar ROC 101
民國101
Thai solar calendar 2555
Unix time 1325376000–1356998399

IleneK

Premium Member
Thought our local weather forecast for the week might be of interest to some....
icon7.gif

Happy Solstice to all.

Last edited: