Do I have depression or any other psychological condition?

Summery Joy

Hello everyone,

Another horary that I'd rather not interpret for myself.

I have been feeling weird for months now, probably almost a year. I cannot focus, my sleep is very irregular and disturbed and I cannot get much satisfaction from anything (except astrology).

I was talking about how I always wake up feeling tired and my dad said that this was depression. I didn't take it seriously, but after a couple of hours I asked this question:

"Do I have depression or any other psychological condition?"

I had some depression and anxiety in the past. But I've been feeling much, much better since then. And now I don't really feel as awful as I did before. In fact, I never thought I may be suffering from a phychological disturbance (again) until my dad suggested it. Most of my symptoms are physical. Note that kept my anxiety and depression a secret from my parents. They don't know I suffered from that.

Anyway, I cannot rule his opinion out. After all, I'm not very happy with my life at the moment. Maybe it's starting to get to me.

Now, I know I said I don't wanna interpret my horary, but it worries me that my significator is the same as that of the 12th house. Any insights?

Here's the chart
horary.gif

fensi88

Yo are Ma at 15Ge12 in 7H and Moon at 10Sco58 in 12H (you suffer and that is somehow in connect with foreigner land or town, Moon is ruler of 9H too) . Ruler of your 6H(Regiom.) is Ma too. Are you angry on your boyfriend (Ma is ruler of your 5H too)? I think this is not depression, it is all about angry. Ma is in Ge, so it seams that you think he is "one" person but it turned he is "another". In 9H there si Sa rx, ruler of your 3H, comunication, it seams that you have dificalties in comunication with far places. In near future, you will have unpleasant conversation with your boyfriend (Moon square Ve in 3H, ruler of 7H) but last aspect is trine with Su in 4H, house end of matter, so all will end well. You have nothing to worry.

Summery Joy

OK. My problems with the guy I'm currently seeing have nothing to do with any problems that I have with foreign lands.

See, the problems I'm having with foreign lands is the fact that people who are close to me are all leaving the country to work or live somewhere else; a close cousin, a close friend, my best friend and my sister (whom of learned about her leaving last night).

Other than that, I've been seeing this guy for a around a week now and I'm miserable. I thought we were gonna start dating casually, but apparently he thinks I'm his girlfriend. He says he's in love with me but I don't feel anything for hm at all. In fact, I'm starting to feel suffocated.

I'm planning on breaking up with him soon and I'm upset about that because I know it's going to hurt him.

As you see, Goca, your interpretation is correct but the two problems are not related (I think!). Does my story make any sense in relation to the horary?

I would say just from your comments, that you're depressed. You have the hx of depression and those you love or who are close to are leaving and you are weighted down by this relationship.

I would get out now. You may be hurting him, but the karma of waiting is worse, than your honesty.

If you are getting no satisfaction from anything but astrology, then you are clinically depressed. Is there someone close to you that you can talk to? I mean REALLY talk to? Have you considered professional help?

Take care of you

Aurora

sorehearted,

I apologize for not aware of your current emotional state while I was too engrossed by my own problem and being a pain in the ass to bug you for more time. I didn't read this post until now.

I hope you will get a grasp of balance soon. Depression has been a overly used term. Life is full of ups and downs. To experience joy, we have to had experience what sadness is. To experience ups, we have had to experience what downs is. This is life. You may be feeling lethargic rather than depression. We depressed because we feel deprived of something or gained too much of something, is there something which you wish you can have or experience it but you have not yet? maybe something you had too much and you are trying to get rid of it but can't?

fensi88

I'm planning on breaking up with him soon and I'm upset about that because I know it's going to hurt him.
Just realise your plan, and do not worry about him, he is represented with Ma in Ge, so he is not weak at all and he alredy has 2nd variant (Ma in Ge)!
I do not think you are in depression, I think there must be some connection between Ma and Sa for it but, Ma (reuler of 6H) is rulerd by Me rx and that is main problem. That Me was in near past in conjuct with Ur and that explains your anxiety you told us about. I think this is temporary and because of positive last Moon's aspect you may expect lighter days!

Summery Joy

Furwillfly,

You said,

If you are getting no satisfaction from anything but astrology, then you are clinically depressed.

Well, I talked to my cousin who is training to be a psychiatrist and she said that I might have a mild case of Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I checked a few websites about that and I do meet most of the criteria.

You also said,

Have you considered professional help?

Yes, this thought goes through my mind every now and then, but I have never taken any actual steps. I just talk to my cousin and that's it.

Aurora,

I'm not depressed as in really depressed. I live my life normally and do all sorts of stuff. Like I said, it's the physical symtoms that got me thinking. Don't feel bad about your questions. Like I said, I get a lot of satisfaction from astrology.

is there something which you wish you can have or experience it but you have not yet? maybe something you had too much and you are trying to get rid of it but can't?

No. That was me two years ago. I don't feel like that anymore. What I generally do feel is that I'm not moving forward, like I'm stuck somewhere.

By the way, I natally have the Moon in the 12th house (psyche) forming a square with a stellium in the 4th house (past). I suppose I'm natally prone to this kind of thing.

Summery Joy

Furwillfly,

You said,

If you are getting no satisfaction from anything but astrology, then you are clinically depressed.

Well, I talked to my cousin who is training to be a psychiatrist and she said that I might have a mild case of Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I checked a few websites about that and I do meet most of the criteria.

You also said,

Have you considered professional help?

Yes, this thought goes through my mind every now and then, but I have never taken any actual steps. I just talk to my cousin and that's it.

Aurora,

I'm not depressed as in really depressed. I live my life normally and do all sorts of stuff. Like I said, it's the physical symtoms that got me thinking. Don't feel bad about your questions. Like I said, I get a lot of satisfaction from astrology.

is there something which you wish you can have or experience it but you have not yet? maybe something you had too much and you are trying to get rid of it but can't?

No. That was me two years ago. I don't feel like that anymore. What I generally do feel is that I'm not moving forward, like I'm stuck somewhere.

By the way, I natally have the Moon in the 12th house (psyche) forming a square with a stellium in the 4th house (past). I suppose I'm natally prone to this kind of thing.

Aurora

Yes. When you feel stuck somewhere in life, there is something you either wish you would have it or something that you want to let go. The status quo. When you feel stuck in life, disinterested in anything else, mind is in the past or future but not in the present. it is an ideal time to learn what's "live in the moment".

What's your sun sign?

Summery Joy

Just an update.

That last lunar aspect Goca pointed out was less than 18 degrees away from perfection. I'd like to share this. In between 17 and 18 weeks of my asking the question (in between 3-4 weeks of focussing on my self - the Moon crossing the ASC from the 12th house to the 1st), I actually started feeling a lot better; much better than any time before. I feels like the phase has ended. And I had forgotten all about this horary. I only remembered it today!

Just wanted to share this. Thank you, Goca and and everyone who was interested in this thread.

fensi88

Good news! Leo with Ju in Leo (you) had depression?! Very hard to believe! Maybe it was transit Sa in square with your natal Moon and now Sa is out of orbis?
I always wonder how Leo is always in good mood! I have Leo collegue in my office he is still in excelent mood althouht Sa is in Leo!

Last edited:

Summery Joy

fensi88 said:
Leo with Ju in Leo (you) had depression?!

Well, I do have the Moon in Taurus in the 12th house squaring my Leo Stellium as a part of a major T square, and also happens to be the focus of a boomerang yod (quincuxes with Neptune and Pluto + opposition with Uranus).

Sounds scary, huh? :D