help with yes or no horary question

sprinthrussfed

i need help with yes or no horary questions,if you ask a yes or no question,
1} and the significators or co significator(moon, saturn for an old man etc) are applying to a trine/sextile or a square/opposition with mutual reception= yes?
is mutual reception in detriment/fall is a yes too?

2} if the significators or co significators are applying to a square/opposition with no mutual reception = no?
is reception only by one planet )sun in pisces,jupiter in gemini) = a yes?

3}
is frustration/prohibition with no other aspects between significators/co significators = no?

4}
is frustration/prohibition with other aspects between co significators or a significator and a co significator= yes?

5}
is translation of light,collection of light between co significators or a significator and a co significator = yes?

6}
is an aspect,translation of light,collection of light between significator with bad reception between one or both(moon in scorpio and mars in capricorn or moon in taurus and mars in capricorn) = no?

7}
is reception in terms/face but a square/opposition between significator = no ?

8}
is reception(term,face or rulership) with no aspect,translation of light,collection of light = yes?
9}
are trine/sextile aspects between significators in bad houses = yes?

10} any exceptions?

thank you

sprinthrussfed

Hi,

It's a bit difficult for me to answer one by one, but I thought you might find this link helpful for some of your questions. It has been very helpful for me. You'll find some excellent articles in skyscript.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/perfection.html

Hope you 'll find it useful!
:biggrin:

it is useful, thank you.

it doesn't answer all my questions though, if term/face reception is a yes,reception by one planet,reception in detriment/fall and my questions about translation of light,collection of light,prohibition,frustration,co significators,bad houses.

i hope someone could answer my questions one by one.

thank you gemini rising.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
1} is mutual reception in detriment/fall is a yes too?

No. This is referred to as negative reception and refers to how two planets are hurting one another. It basically means "you don't want to do this, you're not going to like it."

2}is reception only by one planet )sun in pisces,jupiter in gemini) = a yes?

Depends on whose planet it is. If the querent's planet is receiving the queisted's then it's probably a no. These types of things are common and simply show the querent's desire to obtain the thing, this is also the reason why the querent's planet aspecting the house of the queisted doesn't mean much. However, if it's the queisted who is receiving the querent, then it's much more beneficial.

3}
is frustration/prohibition with no other aspects between significators/co significators = no?

Typically.
4}is frustration/prohibition with other aspects between co significators or a significator and a co significator= yes?

Maybe. It depends on the aspects. I wouldn't count on anything without mutual reception to pull it through though, especially if it's the main significators that are frustrating or being prohibited.

5}
is translation of light,collection of light between co significators or a significator and a co significator = yes?

I would keep translation and collection between the main significators.

6} is an aspect,translation of light,collection of light between significator with bad reception between one or both(moon in scorpio and mars in capricorn or moon in taurus and mars in capricorn) = no?

The answer to number 1 is also applicable here. It could be a yes, but it probably wouldn't turn out very well.

7}
is reception in terms/face but a square/opposition between significator = no ?

For this, we need to discuss the ideas of perfect receptions. Planets can be received and perfectly received, typically they are both, but not always. If a planet receives another in it's domicile or exaltation then it's said to be perfectly received because that planet has dominion over the entirety of that sign all the time. With triplicity, face, and term their hold over the sign has been broken up into either times of the day or parts of the sign so a planet would need to be in at least two of the minor dignities to be perfectly received. Only perfectly received planets have the ability to really bring things through, planets without it tend to fall short.

8}
is reception(term,face or rulership) with no aspect,translation of light,collection of light = yes?

The definition of mutual reception requires there to be an aspect between the planets involved. Otherwise it's not a reception, but becomes a generosity. This is when two planets receive one another and have the "will" to make whatever come to pass, but since they lack an aspect they don't have a "way" to do it. In my experience I have seen generosities be enough to manifest outcomes if the chart was generally favorable.

9} are trine/sextile aspects between significators in bad houses = yes?

Typically, especially if there is reception involved or if the planets are moderately fortified.

10} any exceptions?

Always!

tikana

i need help with yes or no horary questions,if you ask a yes or no question,
1} and the significators or co significator(moon, saturn for an old man etc) are applying to a trine/sextile or a square/opposition with mutual reception= yes?
is mutual reception in detriment/fall is a yes too?

not always! u absolutely need either essential or reception involved and out of possitive houses - that is for trines and sextiles

squares - NO. esp when moon/saturn involved.

absolutely NO on detriment/fall/peregrine state

2} if the significators or co significators are applying to a square/opposition with no mutual reception = no?
is reception only by one planet )sun in pisces,jupiter in gemini) = a yes?

that is a clear NO.. because Jupiter is weak in gemini.. sun has no essential dignity

3} is frustration/prohibition with no other aspects between significators/co significators = no?

that is a clear NO

4}is frustration/prohibition with other aspects between co significators or a significator and a co significator= yes?

that is a clear NO..

5} is translation of light,collection of light between co significators or a significator and a co significator = yes?

ONLY if the planet that does TOL has the power and carries one of dignities from 1 or both planets

6} is an aspect,translation of light,collection of light between significator with bad reception between one or both(moon in scorpio and mars in capricorn or moon in taurus and mars in capricorn) = no?

you almost never want mon in scorpio because not only she is in via combusta but weak in scorpio.. depends on the chart

7} is reception in terms/face but a square/opposition between significator = no ?

opposition is def NO...
squares pay attention to the houses. if the reception is strong then you may get a yes out of a chart

8} is reception(term,face or rulership) with no aspect,translation of light,collection of light = yes?

gotta have aspect

9} are trine/sextile aspects between significators in bad houses = yes?

hmm gotta see a chart on this

10} any exceptions?

always

thank you
[/QUOTE]

sprinthrussfed

No. This is referred to as negative reception and refers to how two planets are hurting one another. It basically means "you don't want to do this, you're not going to like it."
and the significators or co significator(moon, saturn for an old man etc) are applying to a trine/sextile or a square/opposition with mutual reception= yes?

Maybe. It depends on the aspects. I wouldn't count on anything without mutual reception to pull it through though, especially if it's the main significators that are frustrating or being prohibited.
why? and reception by the quesited, not mutual?

The answer to number 1 is also applicable here. It could be a yes, but it probably wouldn't turn out very well.
why wouldn't it if there's mutual reception?

The definition of mutual reception requires there to be an aspect between the planets involved. Otherwise it's not a reception, but becomes a generosity. This is when two planets receive one another and have the "will" to make whatever come to pass, but since they lack an aspect they don't have a "way" to do it. In my experience I have seen generosities be enough to manifest outcomes if the chart was generally favorable.
what's a favorable chart?

Typically, especially if there is reception involved or if the planets are moderately fortified.
what significators in bad houses mean?

Always!
what exceptions?
thank you kaiousei no senshi.

sprinthrussfed

1}
not always! u absolutely need either essential or reception involved and out of possitive houses - that is for trines and sextiles

what if just essential and not out positive houses? and what if no essential,reception or out of positive houses? is it still a yes?

squares - NO. esp when moon/saturn involved.
what if it's jupiter and venus or moon and venus or moon and jupiter square with mutual reception?

2}
that is a clear NO.. because Jupiter is weak in gemini.. sun has no essential dignity

and if it was reception only by one planet(sun in libra,venus in capricorn) or other reception only by one planet applying to square/opposition?

that is a clear NO..

why? can't an aspect between a significator and a co significators change the answer?

you almost never want mon in scorpio because not only she is in via combusta but weak in scorpio.. depends on the chart
and moon in taurus, mars in capricorn? why does it depend?

9}
hmm gotta see a chart on this

a trine/sextile between quesited in 8th and querent in 12th?

10}
always

what exceptions?
[/QUOTE]
thank you tikana.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
and the significators or co significator(moon, saturn for an old man etc) are applying to a trine/sextile or a square/opposition with mutual reception= yes?

Potentially, but like I said, the negative reception can cause damage to the outcome or make it undesireable in some way.

why? and reception by the quesited, not mutual?

Mutual reception is a very powerful mechanism when it comes to weighing circumstances in a chart. If there's mutual reception, then the aspect (regardless of if it's hard or soft) has just undertaken a major upgrade. If you don't have mutual reception, but the querent's significator is being received by the queisted's, then it's a good indication that the querent will come out ahead or get what they're asking about.

why wouldn't it if there's mutual reception?

Because mutual reception in planet's detriments and falls isn't a positive thing.

what's a favorable chart?

Significators well fortified, strong Moon, aspecting benefics, etc.

what significators in bad houses mean?

It can show weakness or inability to accomplish something. Planets in bad houses usually lack the "oomph" to get things accomplished.

chappygirl

absolutely NO on detriment/fall/peregrine state
thank you

glad to find this thread :)

Tikana, by this do you mean its a NO if planets aspect by trine but are either peregrine, in detriment or in fall?

If so, does this state applies to both planets or just one?

For example, if Moon and Sun are the querent and Jupiter is the quesited.
Moon in gemini trines Jupiter in Libra so:
- they have no essential dignity and thus are peregrine
- Moon is in the sign of jupiter's detriment and jupiter in the sign of sun's fall
- Moon is angular, Jupiter cadent

Questions:

Can the trine Moon/Jupiter still perform?
If it does, can we say that the trine will hurt one another?
If so, who hurts more (does house position determine that since there is no essential dignity and here it would be moon?)

If it doesnt perform, can we say that the trine with negative reception and peregrination = No answer?

:unsure:

Last edited:

chappygirl

hi,
I had this in one of my charts.. sorry hope I didnt hijacked the thread..

I wanted to get further understanding on aspects made by weak significators.