Solar Eclipse on 11.13.12. Please Help!

Quicksilver82

Hi there! I'm hoping that someone can please help me to understand the possible effects of the November Solar Eclipse on my chart. The Eclipse will occur at 21 Scorpio, which means it will conjunct my ASC and Mars! I've read some pretty bad things about an eclipse conjuncting Mars, but at the same time I have quite a few good aspects happening on the day of the eclipse:

Transit Transit Hse Aspect Natal House
Solar Eclipse 1st Conjunct Mars 1st
Solar Eclipse 1st Conjunct ASC 1st
Solar Eclipse 1st Square Moon 3rd
Solar Eclipse 1st Square Venus 9th
Mars 2nd Trine Venus 9th
Mars 2nd Conjunct Neptune 2nd
Mars 2nd Sextile Pluto 11th
Mars 2nd Trine MC
Venus 11th Trine Moon 3rd
Venus 11th Sextile Venus 9th
Venus 11th Conjunct Saturn 11th
Venus 11th Sextile Neptune 2nd
Venus 11th Conjunct Pluto 11th
Jupiter 7th Square Sun 10th
Jupiter 7th Trine Moon 3rd
Jupiter 7th Trine Saturn 11th
Saturn 12th Sextile Sun 10th
Saturn 12th Conjunct Jupiter 12th
Saturn 12th Sextile MC
Uranus 5th Opposite Mercury 11th
Uranus 5th Trine Uranus 1st
Pluto 2nd Trine Sun 10th
Pluto 2nd Square Mercury 11th
Pluto 2nd Sextile Jupiter 12th

If I've done this correctly, would I read these aspects as I would a natal only 10 times stronger and for a long duration? I'm new to eclipses, as any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Solar Eclipse 11.13.12.jpg
    Solar Eclipse 11.13.12.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Bill Meridian has written an excellent book detailing eclipse effects.

QUOTE:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique focusing important areas on surface of earth for individuals. There had to be an eclipse near your birth. By a method developed1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro, California, which he passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior, New York - we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path. An area that could be important to you during your life, whether you go there or not. People, products and ideas from that area, can be very important to you. If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQbwji1g&feature=related:smile:

Culpeper

Premium Member
Eclipses are used most frequently in mundane astrology. They are most powerful where they are visible, but often are found to have serious effects in other areas. This eclipse will be visible in Australia and the south pacific which is where it is most important. Where not visible it should be considered just a lunation unless there are horoscopic connections

Eclipses have a life span. The average life is three and one half years, but if in a fixed sign as this one is it will be longer. If in a movable sign usually just until the next eclipse.

Mars is lord of the eclipse. The condition of the eclipse lord must be considered. Mars is not afflicted but is in the 8th house in the eastern USA. The 8th rules death so there could be death among prominent people when the eclipse activates. The eclipse itself is in the USA 7th house where it effects foreign relations.

An eclipse must be activated. This happens when the lord of the eclipse actually contacts the eclipse degree. In addition Mars activates all eclipses, but it too must contact the eclipse degree. After the activation any planet passing over the degree can have serious effects.

Mars will activate this eclipse on 1 September 2014. At the same time Saturn will be having a triple conjunction with it. Since Mars rules both your first and 6th house, issues of the 6th house will be most serious. Health problems or accidents may appear at that time and should be guarded against.

Quicksilver82

Eclipses are used most frequently in mundane astrology. They are most powerful where they are visible, but often are found to have serious effects in other areas. This eclipse will be visible in Australia and the south pacific which is where it is most important. Where not visible it should be considered just a lunation unless there are horoscopic connections

Eclipses have a life span. The average life is three and one half years, but if in a fixed sign as this one is it will be longer. If in a movable sign usually just until the next eclipse.

Mars is lord of the eclipse. The condition of the eclipse lord must be considered. Mars is not afflicted but is in the 8th house in the eastern USA. The 8th rules death so there could be death among prominent people when the eclipse activates. The eclipse itself is in the USA 7th house where it effects foreign relations.

An eclipse must be activated. This happens when the lord of the eclipse actually contacts the eclipse degree. In addition Mars activates all eclipses, but it too must contact the eclipse degree. After the activation any planet passing over the degree can have serious effects.

Mars will activate this eclipse on 1 September 2014. At the same time Saturn will be having a triple conjunction with it. Since Mars rules both your first and 6th house, issues of the 6th house will be most serious. Health problems or accidents may appear at that time and should be guarded against.

Thanks! This is very insightful as I never knew that the eclipse had to be activated. By activation do you mean conjunctions only? I ask because, being in Scorpio, wouldn't I need to look to Pluto as well (although it will never conjunct this degree, but the sextile square and trine are approaching).

September 1st is my birthday, so I will need to be especially careful! When this does happen in 2014, would I need to examine all of the aspects listed above, or just the ones to and from Mars? Luckily, Mars is making some pretty nice aspects to my natal plants in this eclipse.

Also, when you say that "After the activation any planet passing over the degree can have serious effects". Does this mean that after 2014 that every time the Moon passes 21 degrees of Scorpio that something serious could possibly happen?

How would this Apply to Lunar Eclipses? Take for example the May 20th (Solar Eclipse) / June 4th (Lunar Eclipse) pair. The Solar Eclipse occured in Gemini at 00° 21′ and was activated by Mercury shortly after on May 25th. The Lunar eclipse occurred at 14° 14′ Sagittarius. Does this mean that the "ending" of the May 20th Soar Eclipse effects won't happen until Jupiter activates the Lunar Eclipse on January 13th 2019?

Last edited: