Commencement Address by Steve Jobs

Arian Maverick

I'm taking a bit of a risk with this post, desperately hoping that none of the members of my church choir will discover my membership in this forum through a Google Search. However, this message, which I received in my inbox this morning, impacted me in a BIG way and I wish to share it with the community. Enjoy! :)

Recommended Reading

'You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says

This is the text of the Commencement address by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, delivered on June 12, 2005.:
http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

Arian Maverick

[replaced overly long quote with link - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Francesca

Wow, he did a great job. What are YOU thinking about college?BTW, they haven't turned off my DSL as quickly as I anticipated. It's going off tomorrow so I wn't be on for a few days. Bye

Arian Maverick

One of the reasons why I was so excited to see this commencement address in my inbox and wished to share it on the forums is because it reflects my own beliefs about education.

Synchronistically, as I was composing this message, my mother brought down a letter from my local town's chapter of the National Honor Society which identified me as a candidate for membership--"an honor bestowed upon a student." I read through the letter with a raised eyebrow and nearly laughed at its pomposity; I have absolutely no interest in college applications or SATs and plan to attend a community college.

Event Chart:

Quoting an article titled Some Guidance from an Elder Indigo:
[deleted overly long quote - Moderator]

Another synchronicity is that the word eschew can be found in the first lesson of my vocabulary workbook this year :)

Eschew- (v.) to avoid, shun, keep away from

Synonyms: abstain from, steer clear of, forgo
Antonyms: embrace, adopt
Arian Maverick

Last edited by a moderator: