12th / 6th house Axis And 21st Century Slavery But What Exactly IS 'Slavery'?

MaybeNow

People contribute to their own enslavement by going into debt to have new techno toys and luxury goods and living beyond their means.

ALRESCHA

Oo, oo, I have the answer!
It's people who hold on to an idea or ritual despite it being worthless or being a hindrance. The trend in the modern has been to push back against physical slavery (though sex trafficking is still a problem) but people still slave over ideologies to irrational extents and that can make them a slave to any charismatic fast-talker.

Isn't that kind of propaganda the action in the problem-action-reaction-solution model?

I believe it is. It's not the Lord God baby Jesus that made me a slave, if I may say. :D

I like the idea of labeling house wives as slaves.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

People contribute to their own enslavement
by going into debt
to have new techno toys
and luxury goods
and living beyond their means.
Some prefer to blame the victim :smile:

greedy banks lure people into debt slavery
using media-driven encouragement
to "live now pay later"
and charging ridiculously high payback rates on very small loans

MaybeNow

Some prefer to blame the victim :smile:
greedy banks lure people into debt slavery using media-driven encouragement to "live now pay later"
and charging ridiculously high payback rates on very small loans
If people are that stupid they have bigger problems.

People need to take responsibility for their choices.

Last edited:

ALRESCHA

The government pays housewives in Scandinavia.

I have to go work in 20 minutes, and I will work at least 18 hrs tomorrow, so I'll read the article more carefully when I'm done, thank you for sharing this...

JUPITERASC

This woman isn't a slave. She gets a bonus!
The example is of one woman whose husband earns a bonus he is willing to share with her
as a "stay at home bonus for her"

by the way
the husband gets 20% of the bonus: the wife gets 20% of the bonus

and

they bank the rest

very few husbands are so fortunate as to earn such a generous bonus :smile:

Wrendryge

• There are an estimated 35.8 million people enslaved in the world. (The Global Slavery Index 2014)
    • There are an estimated 20.9 million people that are victims of forced labor. (ILO)
    • There are more people in slavery today than at any other time in history.
    • It is difficult to know an exact number of people enslaved, as victims are often hidden.
    • Whether they be locked in a house or business, or hidden in plain view,
    • “disguised” as farm workers, prostitutes, or house keepers, modern day slaves are not always easy to identify. :smile:
    • Every 30 seconds, another person becomes a victim of human trafficking. (UN.GIFT)
    • Learn more about human trafficking here.

• Human trafficking creates approximately $150 billion in illegal revenue annually. (ILO)
    • Even though 90% of the world’s countries have criminalized human trafficking, it is still a thriving business. (UN.GIFT)
    • Human trafficking is estimated to be the second largest criminal industry in the world, behind the illegal drug trade.
    • Organizations fighting human trafficking and slavery only receive an estimated $70-100 million to do their work.
    • Learn more by watching ENDcrowd.com’s “Not a Fair Fight” video.
    • Or back a campaign here.

• Modern day slavery can come in many forms.
    • Forced Labor
    • Sex trafficking
    • Child trafficking
    • Forced Marriage
    • Bonded Labor
    • Domestic Servitude
Yes, there are more people in slavery today but there are also more people on the planet than ever. 21mi/7.3bil (and growing) is a relatively small proportion and while I don't have numbers on it, something tells me that that is definitely lower than previous centuries. Especially if we use looser definitions like you did.
I'm not arguing against sex-traffiking, it's a definite problem and it should get more attention since it's rather barbaric for the 21st century.
However, farmers, housewives? While some are unhappy about it, I also know plenty that take those roles and aren't complaining. I'm talking about the first world here since the developing nations have a different and unique st problems. One they stabilize and start to industrialize they'll start to undergo the social revolutions that overtook the US and Europe through the 18th-20th centuries.
I'd say that because outright physical slavery would be such a taboo in the 21st century and slavery would be more psychological since if executed well, it can do bondage without anyone realizing.
Now hopefully we won't have that either, but it's hard to predict the future

JUPITERASC

Yes, there are more people in slavery today but there are also more people on the planet than ever. 21mi/7.3bil (and growing) is a relatively small proportion and while I don't have numbers on it, something tells me that that is definitely lower than previous centuries. Especially if we use looser definitions like you did.
I'm not arguing against sex-traffiking, it's a definite problem and it should get more attention since it's rather barbaric for the 21st century.
However, farmers, housewives? While some are unhappy about it, I also know plenty that take those roles and aren't complaining. I'm talking about the first world here since the developing nations have a different and unique st problems. One they stabilize and start to industrialize they'll start to undergo the social revolutions that overtook the US and Europe through the 18th-20th centuries.
I'd say that because outright physical slavery would be such a taboo in the 21st century and slavery would be more psychological since if executed well, it can do bondage without anyone realizing.
Now hopefully we won't have that either, but it's hard to predict the future
We are discussing the present time of 21st Century :smile:
and as dr.farr said:

To me, it can mean persons in bondage: legal, financial, marital, fettered by chronic disease, debts, etc;
also "wage slaves" locked into jobs they dislike but from which then cannot free themselves;
to me it can also mean bondage to habits/compulsions/obsessions, from which it is not easy to free oneself.

Wrendryge

Isn't that kind of propaganda the action in the problem-action-reaction-solution model?

I believe it is. It's not the Lord God baby Jesus that made me a slave, if I may say. :D

I like the idea of labeling house wives as slaves.

I haven't heard of that model. I've heard of the problem-action-solution and the problem-reaction model though. I think you are referring to the latter?

Okay, so I don't know you or why you are Christian. You could be indoctrinated at birth or young age or chosen it later in life. I dunno. However, I think when the adherence to faith overtakes logical reason it becomes a problem. For an extreme example we could point to four medieval crusades which were disastrous and involved blind masses blindly following the church to a war in which they were under prepared just to reach salvation, which objectively, isn't even known if it exists.
Of course, not everything is a crusade. But it has happened enough. The extinction of native cultures in Native American cultures in the New World was caused by the belief that by the Natives not being Christian, they were inferior and had automatically less potential. (BTW I'm not trying to pick on you, it just is the you mentioned Christianity and the got the ball rolling.) This still happens in the modern world with places like ISIS and Putin is trying to cultivate blind adherence. I think that by wanting to follow an ideology to the end, without analyzing it for its flaws and basises is the best and fastest way to enslave yourself and others. I don't have a bone with adherence and awareness, but most people can the the former but never the latter. Which makes it so dangerous since it's really the only type of slavery that has held a significant staying power throughout history because it prays on the human traits of xenophobia and group mentality.
Eh, sorry for the long-windedness of that.

JUPITERASC

I haven't heard of that model. I've heard of the problem-action-solution and the problem-reaction model though. I think you are referring to the latter?

Okay, so I don't know you or why you are Christian. You could be indoctrinated at birth or young age or chosen it later in life. I dunno. However, I think when the adherence to faith overtakes logical reason it becomes a problem. For an extreme example we could point to four medieval crusades which were disastrous and involved blind masses blindly following the church to a war in which they were under prepared just to reach salvation, which objectively, isn't even known if it exists.
Of course, not everything is a crusade. But it has happened enough. The extinction of native cultures in Native American cultures in the New World was caused by the belief that by the Natives not being Christian, they were inferior and had automatically less potential. (BTW I'm not trying to pick on you, it just is the you mentioned Christianity and the got the ball rolling.) This still happens in the modern world with places like ISIS and Putin is trying to cultivate blind adherence. I think that by wanting to follow an ideology to the end, without analyzing it for its flaws and basises is the best and fastest way to enslave yourself and others. I don't have a bone with adherence and awareness, but most people can the the former but never the latter. Which makes it so dangerous since it's really the only type of slavery that has held a significant staying power throughout history because it prays on the human traits of xenophobia and group mentality.

'….....'Oliver Twist' scenarios a reality on UK streets, anti-slavery commissioner warns. Kevin Hyland, former Metropolitan Police detective, says children are being forced to engage in pickpocketing, shoplifting and begging: youngsters who should be at school are instead being used as part of criminal operations in cities. The former Metropolitan Police detective was appointed November to spearhead Government's fight against modern slavery. Press Association interview reveals he had found "inconsistency" in how authorities approach the issue around the country and described the number of convictions for slavery offences as "nowhere near good enough".......'

'…....Slavery can involve sexual exploitation, forced labour, domestic servitude, forced criminality: poverty has been redefined to the point of meaninglessness as tens of thousands are held as modern slaves in Britain: "We hear about young children sent out shoplifting, pickpocketing, begging: these young children should be at school. It's 21st century yet we have Oliver Twist scenarios happening in our streets and cities. We all thought that was gone and in the past - but actually it's alive and kicking in London. It's pure criminality and abuse of children. But it's all very complicated because of the way the children are groomed.".......'

'…..Karen Bradley, Home Office minister for preventing abuse and exploitation, said:
"The Modern Slavery Act - the first of its kind in Europe - gives the police the tools they need to ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice :smile:
and enhances protection for victims who must be recognised for their bravery in coming forward,
given the harrowing experiences they have endured.
For too long, this was a hidden crime.
Now, we have succeeded in bringing modern slavery out into the open, we are determined to eradicate it. T
here is no place for modern slavery in today's society."......'
http://www.scoopnest.com/user/HuffPostUK/605392386441641985

HOW TO BRAINWASH A NATION https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlmEp3s6lwg

JUPITERASC

11054801_1635910356645916_4950971304515233_n.jpg

ALRESCHA

there are several types of Christianity. The ones you listed have nothing to do with Christ, IMHO.
And as for the PARS, they got it all working now, I probably shouldn't post this, but f... being a slave, I am sick of 99% whining, as they are the solution.

JUPITERASC

United States and Australia were both founded upon indentured servitude and prisoner 'chain gang' labor.
The 'Dark Ages' were Europe's way of insuring survival by life-long indebtedness to a protective warrior class.
Similar systems sprang up all over the known world.
In tribal societies, there were war captives whose freedom was in the hands of an owner.
It's depressing to contemplate.
Even with my 12th house 'empty', things supposedly in opposition to my ascendant but in the 6th house still can upset me.
'Human rights' need more universal emphasis.
Judges Plead Guilty
in Scheme to
Jail Youths for Profit
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/us/13judge.html?_r=0&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F

UPDATE

27 August 2015 ~ Judge Sentenced To 28 Years
For Selling
‘Kids For Cash’
To Prisons

~ Now that Ciaverella has been locked up, that solves one problem,
but raises an important question that few are asking: was this an isolated incident,
or are there more just like him
who have made similar deals with prisons
across the United States. http://www.mintpressnews.com/judge-...elling-kids-for-cash-to-prisons/209013/across

Cap

Horrible stuff. Makes me feel ashamed to be human.

Main problem on this crazy planet is lack of spiritual awareness and understanding. Whether one follows science or ancient spiritual knowledge, one should come to the same conclusion. Matter is not "material" at all, "matter is not made out of matter" as physicist Hans-Peter Durr said. We cannot truly own anything, that's impossible. Life is a conscious experience rather than "objective solid world out there".

there_is_no_spoon.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRzFPsfIF0g

maya.jpg

In the end, at the moment of death, all possessions and all of this reality will fade away just like a last night's dream and no one can take a single penny with him/her.

buddha_quotes_on_happiness.jpg

When will people on this planet learn that it is not about possessions, it is ACCESS that matters. We can solve 99% of all problems on this planet simply by enabling free unlimited ACCESS to things, goods and services, for all people.

One could argue that "wage slavery" is not so different from chattel slavery.

bukowski.jpg

Labor for income should become a thing of the past. There is no need for that anymore (think AUTOMATION). Life should be a joyous experience!

There is no scarcity!
According to Peter Joseph, we could theoretically feed 34 trillion people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcMFntbGLCw

Even if this calculation is 100x over optimistic, there is still enough for everyone to enjoy a life of prosperity and abundance. It would take less than 10 years to transform the world.

Wake up!

Last edited:

Bambi95

Account Closed
Slavery. Just saying that word to someone nowadays brings about a look of disgust. "It's horrible" they'll say, then they'll reach into their pockets and pull out this,

iphone-hero.jpg

A product of modern slavery. When confronted with such a statement, many are in disbelief. They cannot see beyond the shiny new phone that the big corporate company has sold to them. It's a tool to make them happy, to make them ignorant. But is ignorance bliss? What if people were told upfront that this product they love so much came off of the backs of slaves, forced to work in hellish conditions that no human being should. Would a big company like Apple go under if people knew the truth? Would people even care? These are the questions I have, reader, what about you? Do you care?

In a shocking twist, Apple decided to let journalist into one of their closely guarded factories. Trying to prove itself to be "Humane" ever since it was reveled (and silently pushed into a closet) that Apples factories are full of hellish living conditions so bad that workers regularly committed suicide. Suicide rates became so high that instead of trying to ease the workload or better yet, treat human beings like human beings, the officials decided to make "Suicide nets" to catch any who dared take his/her own life.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/664296/secretive-iPhone-factory-safety-nets-stop-suicides-Apple-Petagron

From the article,

The factory also includes a a safety net draped across the stairwell to prevent accidents or suicide attempts, which have dogged the closely guarded supply chain

If Apple had truly made sure their factories were "humane" then why the need for suicide nets? Unless of course, "workers" were still being overworked and severely underpaid. A factory spokesperson claims that the intense supervision of the "workers" keeps them from overworking. However, this was found by the Chinese labor watch - a workers rights group,

However, China Labor Watch, a watchdog organisation, said 1,261 pay stubs from the Shanghai facility from September and October 2015 show evidence of excessive overtime.

Also, workers at the factory revealed that they need to work overtime just to survive, with one employee claiming to earn just £230 a month from her shifts.

It seems Apple, like every other big corporation out there, lies to the media as it's modern day slaves are still overworked and only make close to 300 USD a month.

Further investigation from China labor watch has found the company of still short changing and overworking it's staff.

Why bring this up? Because these are but some of the modern day slaves that we in the privileged society do not see. Slavery still exists and only through exposing corporate lies and exploitation can we put a stop to it.

Next time I will write a short "exposay" on slavery in the Plantation world. Do you know where your fruit comes from? Till next time.