Progressed Natal Chart...What does it indicate?

franklin taylor

Hello All,
I have gotten into looking at mine and others progressed chart. To anyone who has talked to me on here knows that I know very little and understand even less what exactly do these charts indicate.
Well from looking at my Chart on the Natal Chart thread that Arian Maverick made. you progress all the planets for one day for evey year you have lived. Being forty years old, on 12 August 66 would mean a progressed chart to September 22 1966. So I look at this and I do not really understand if the progressed Sun has been in Virgo since I was 12 years old, what does that really indicate? I am more Virgo or something? or my life has been played out as a Virgo or what. Since everyone's chart does this very same kind of progression I am sure I am not the only one who doesn't fully understand this. My progressed Sun will shortly, as you can see, be passing into the Sign Libra. What would that point to. Could someone enlighten me please. Below is my progressed chart.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg...jDMHm-u1116648750.59266.32265.gif&res=100&va=

Take Care and Thanks!
Franklin

Claire19

With the progressed chart it has influence only when it echoes the natal chart with its aspects. Moving the progressed sun into the next sign gives an overlay. If you are moving into Libra soon, you look at the house it affects and you may find that things change there. You can be more social, dealing with legal matters, become more aware of your appearance and more popular, can have more to do with the general public, have a relationship or have counselling and more one to one encounters.... We must always take our natal chart as the basic influence and that never changes. If you have a strong Venus as well then the Progressed Libra sun will have more effect.

Claire19

We need to have your natal chart with the progressions on it. Go to Astrodienst and get one done for free. Then we can look at it.

When my progressed Sun went into Libra and it hit off my Mars, Neptune and Venus in Libra 8th house. I got more interested in metaphysics, formed relationships with homosexuals. Generally became more social and sexual in my image and my life and received several proposals of marriage. I had previously been in the Progressed Virgo for 30 years and was very bookish and self reliant, never wanted to marry and was the Virgin archetype with learning about herbal medicines etc and working to be independent. However I have a 6th house stellium to back that up and remain unmarried although having had several afffairs.

Claire

Frisiangal

Hi Franklin,
The purchase of an ephemeris is invaluable when trying to understand the meaning behind progressions because it isn't just the movement of the Sun, it's also the movements of the planets that equally effect what the Sun signifies in the chart. If such a purchase isn't possible, just do free progressed charts from Astro. com for the years to see how you've been 'evolving' as a person.

The progr. chart has been removed from this site but I looked up your natal chart on the 'our natal chart' sticky thread. Your natal Sun makes only one aspect, the square to Neptune. In the 7th house, this would suggest someone who is trying to seek and be himself and express himself through his personal inter-relationships. The square aspect could indicate that you are very gullible to a sad, sob story. You are easily led and this would have been very strong in the forming years when you were trying to discover yourself, but which you may have done through looking at how other people saw you, especially with a Moon in Cancer controlling your feelings. You may have always drawn the short end of the straw.
When progr. Sun moved into Virgo, it simply meant that you would also include the process of discrimination into your discovery of yourself. What is the difference between the nut and the bolt, the chaff and the corn, etc.? In the + plus 30 years (your Sun moves less than 1 degree per day) your Sun is in Virgo, you have been defining yourself through self analysis, shaping yourself, taking off the rough edges and leaving that which helps you express yourself in a more (self) critical way. It could make you boorish at times if your Leo Sun is always ready to help out but never gets the recognition it deserves. You may still allow yourself to be utilised in a Virgo manner....i.e. used and taken advantage of...in your relationships. When the Sun moves into Libra, you will hopefully go through the real self discovery of what it is to be part of a relationship; the sharing, the compromises, the give and take between two people, rather than one giving all and another taking all. You may still be the stronger/weaker in such relationships, according to how your Sun has expressed itself in the intervening years, but at least you will understand WHY because your natal Sun has not only gone through other signs, it has also transgressed the boundaries of other houses which have been your fields of experience to be who you want to be.

In order for this all to take place, the progressions of the planets do their bit. E.g when you were about 14/15, sec. progr. Mercury reached your natal Sun, whilst Sun had already entered Virgo shortly before. There's a theme there. The ruler of Virgo conjuncts Sun. What happened during that time that that made you think about who you were and what you wanted, that may not have been met because pr. Mercury activated the Sun-Mercury square? What happened when sec. progr. Venus also reached natal Sun when you were 18/19 and also activated the Sun-Neptune square? Most important; what happened around your 30th year when sec. prog. Sun and Mercury conjoined the Uranus-Pluto conjunction almost at the same time?
These progressions have been vital in defining who you are and how you see yourself as a result of them. They work deeper than a transit. They BECOME part of you.

I've mentioned but a few progressions; there are more, of course. Check them out and see how your life unfolds before you, and if it's been up to the critical Virgo standards so far.:D

F.

F.

franklin taylor

Hello,
Thanks Claire for taking the time to write. That was what I did I had uploaded a chart from Astrodienst. Sometimes it works sometime it doesn't.
What you say about the progressed Sun in Libra reminds of some one who was a "late bloomer" late to many of the milestones in life. Not necessarily because of immaturity, but having "thats just the breaks baby, but don't learn from the injuries as quickly as others around you " sort of thing going on in their lives. Oh Lord thats me all over!!! Late Bloomer "itis" ought to be some psychological condition LOL!! It probably is, just under another more diginified name LOL. Always out of synche with things modern. I have read that my NorthNode opposing my Midheaven causes that too. I'm heading towards the Past and inwards with it near my IC. The tendency to be stuck in the past trends part. (As I sit here listening to 60's rock LOL!!) Then my Cancer stellium further encourages over sentimentalism. UGH!! If you'll look at my chart on the Chart Thread you will see I have plenty of activity in the sixth house. Mercury being there too gives me an interest in health and medicine issues to say the least LOL.

Oh Wow Frisiangal!! Not only did you hit the nail on the head...but drove em on home as well LOL!! I certainly understood at the time that the Sun is only part of the Puzzle. Just used it as an example. I have to say that in Oct 78, I was 12 years old, I had a bad head injury after falling from a horse. I went through strange mood and even physical changes from it. Maybe that more seriousness outlook that had increased so much had something to do with my Sun's movement into Virgo at about that time, Organic Brain Syndrome, nearing Puberty, or a combination of it all LOL. It certainly was a strange trip that I didn't come out of until around the latter half of the 11th grade before I feel that I could deal with it. I might as well had been on drugs but I didn't. Wonder if Neptune was angry at me during those days of haziness LOL. I certainly have read about the Sun/Neptune relationship. I wrote a thread about it this summer. Sucker for a sob story? Still am, but I have learned to screen them much better over time. With that Pluto in the seventh house I have ways of getting to the bottom of the story in realtionships though. Often without a lot of direct questions. Pluto being in a anayltical sign like Virgo. I can often just talk about things near to what I want to know about something or someone and the answers I get, and with a little intuition that I have, I can come to the correct conclusion. People nearly flat out tell you whats wrong without directly telling you by using such methods. You don't know all of the minute details, but you know the big part.
I have had people make fun of my sympathetic ways, and it looked from the outside I was being used. The point was I was learning so many less tangible lessons that I would give money and time to learn them. So I got a lot of valuable lessons out of the relationship even though it looked from the outside to be that I was the host and the friend was the Parasite. I had two different relationships like this in particular. I always "picked" who I allowed to "use" me . These relationships were always more "symbiotic" than the people around me realized LOL. Looking back at it. I can see Neptune there for sure I was learning Neptunian Lessons like sympathy, giving yourself away, and maybe Mercy, some things even my Leo Sun certainly didn't understand LOL. I could see myself being used, but I was happy with it. I also screened these relationships too, by almost feeling if I did not gain a thing at all from these relationships, I was able to say Love ya, but see ya later almost right away LOL in my mind. I was a user in that way unknown to most around me. I have always "burned" away a lot time to these type of people not as much money. It just wasn't there to be taken advantage of LOL. And it did take place around those 18-20 years of age mostly, hmm strange indeed. Of course, this is ALL seen in Retrospect LOL!!
I know I have all these Trines and Sextiles, but if you'll notice my Luminaries have only one significant aspect each...Squares. I believe if your Sun and Moon are like this (they are the most powerful influences to begin with) that you can have many problems expressing the rest of the chart potential, and that has been my experience anyways. Near 25 was when I became very sick so I don't know whether those planets had some indication of that is unknown to me.
I can see that I am heading toward those Librian Sun apects you mention for sure.
Thanks so much to the both of you

Franklin Taylor