Your Rising Sign and Your Mother's Moon

poyi

Premium Member
The moon travels approximately ONE DEGREE every two hours - sometimes the moon is fast and sometimes slow :smile:

Not knowing the time of birth for your mother means we cannot know which of your and your sister's planets are aspecting her ASC/DESC/MC/IC

Your sister's planets and your planets connect with your mother's ASC in particular because obviously birth is a physical experience for the mother as well

The Asc changes by one degree every four minutes

With a 'two hour window either way' it means as you say that your Mother's ascendant could be any one of three signs. Some people have more problems because there is doubt regarding the day of the week of their birth, even the month or year sometimes :smile:

Yep definitely the axises would be the key to crack this code.

However, I am too lazy for that!:w00t:

So hopeful other members with very accurate birth time for both themselves and mother can offer better information to proof this theory.

JUPITERASC

Yep definitely the axises would be the key to crack this code.

However, I am too lazy for that!:w00t:

So hopeful other members with very accurate birth time for both themselves and mother can offer better information to proof this theory.
Perhaps between you and your sister, you together have one or more of the earth signs on either or both of your natal ASC/DESC/MC/IC's

i.e. Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn ASC/DESC/MC/IC :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
Perhaps between you and your sister, you together have one or more of the earth signs on either or both of your natal ASC/DESC/MC/IC's

i.e. Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn ASC/DESC/MC/IC :smile:

My sister's MC, Sun, Venus and Jupiter are all in Taurus. Venus rules MC/10th house, Sun, Jupiter and Sun rules her ascendant. Jupiter rules her 5th Sag and 8th Pisces.

I have Virgo ascendant and Mars, Moon in Capricorn. Mars and Moon trine hold all the rest of the planets within 120 degrees. Mars rules my 8th Aries, 3rd Scorpio traditionally where Sun, Mercury and Saturn are.

So yes possibly that is the link by element. My mum was born between 7-9am, so within the period of Capricorn and Aquarius sign for her moon.

JUPITERASC

My sister's MC, Sun, Venus and Jupiter are all in Taurus. Venus rules MC/10th house, Sun, Jupiter and Sun rules her ascendant. Jupiter rules her 5th Sag and 8th Pisces
Any of your sister's planets/places in early degrees of earth signs would trine your mother's moon
IF your mother's moon is Capricorn

I have Virgo ascendant and Mars, Moon in Capricorn. Mars and Moon trine hold all the rest of the planets within 120 degrees. Mars rules my 8th Aries, 3rd Scorpio traditionally where Sun, Mercury and Saturn are.

Similarly, IF any of your earth element planets/places are in early degrees
THEN your mother's moon MAY trine
IF Capricorn.... no certainty though due to no accurate time of birth

Perhaps the connection is that both you and your mother have Capricorn moon

So yes possibly that is the link by element. My mum was born between 7-9am, so within the period of Capricorn and Aquarius sign for her moon.
You and your sister have earth element planets and places

SO one and/or both your parents have earth element planets/places also

poyi

Premium Member
Any of your sister's planets/places in early degrees of earth signs would trine your mother's moon
IF your mother's moon is Capricorn

Similarly, IF any of your earth element planets/places are in early degrees
THEN your mother's moon MAY trine
IF Capricorn.... no certainty though due to no accurate time of birth

Perhaps the connection is that both you and your mother have Capricorn moon

You and your sister have earth element planets and places

SO one and/or both your parents have earth element planets/places also

My earthy planets, Mars and Moon are both in later degrees, 25 27' and 25 52'. Virgo ascendant is 13 35'

My sister's are 11 32' Jupiter, 14 00' Venus and 23 27' for the Sun. So I "Assume", my Mum's moon would be the later degree Capricorn, possibly 20 degrees + but with a reasonable range from 10-25 degrees Capricorn Moon.

My mum had good relationship with her own mother, the possible interpretation though her mother was very very old when she had my mum. My grandmother died before I was born as a result. And my mum had me after her Saturn return and after her 30 years old's birthday. While my sister had her only son at the age of 34. And I will be 30 by November not yet have any children.

With Capricorn Moon in the 5th at later degrees, I expect myself to have late pregnancy. The moon is active with harmonic aspects with the ruler of the ascendant and ruler of the Sun transitionally, even with Virgo ascendent, still remain fertile but will be late.

SleepyChloe

My Rising sign is Capricorn, and my mother's moon is Libra. Although.. my mom's Sun sign is Capricorn. I think that's pretty interesting.

Another interesting thing- My dad is a Cancer sun and Moon, and my sister's rising sign is Cancer. My mom's rising sign is Taurus and my sister is a Taurus!

Last edited:
My rising sign doesn't match up with my mother's moon sign (but I was a c section) however both signs are a water element.

A person who is close to me has his moon sign in his mom's rising sign. He was a natural birth. The same goes with my sister. Her moon sign is the same as my mom's rising. She was natural as well.

My son's moon sign is 1 degree away from my sun sign. His rising sign is a couple degrees away from his dad's sun sign and exact (0'06") with his dad's mercury sign.

JUPITERASC

My rising sign doesn't match up with my mother's moon sign (but I was a c section) however both signs are a water element. .
Not everyone's rising sign matches their mother's moon - whether c-section or not. That's partly because not all birth data is reliable. Whether a birth is c-section does change the 'expected' astrological connection. NEVERTHELESS, with a c-section then the link may be via the location of Mars. Your natal Mars would be expected to be in aspect with your mother's ASC/DESC/IC/MC and/or one or more of your mother's planets

The sign location of your natal Mars and the house and sign location of its ruler is another indicator
:smile:
A person who is close to me has his moon sign in his mom's rising sign. He was a natural birth. The same goes with my sister. Her moon sign is the same as my mom's rising. She was natural as well.
What is also interesting is which house in the mom's natal is ruled by the Moon - i.e. the house with Cancer on the cusp
My son's moon sign is 1 degree away from my sun sign. His rising sign is a couple degrees away from his dad's sun sign and exact (0'06") with his dad's mercury sign.
Your son's moon being so close to your natal sun means the birth of your son was symbolized by a New Moon - that's because your son's moon is your transiting moon for that particular day and on the day of your son's birth the moon was transiting your sun - so that's a symbolic New Moon.

All natal charts have a symbolic New Moon each month when the Moon transits their natal Sun. Obviously the New Beginning symbolized varies and does not always relate to birth of a child.

The connection between his dad's Sun/Mercury and his ascendant is another great example of the astrological connection between your son and his father

Not everyone's rising sign matches their mother's moon - whether c-section or not. That's partly because not all birth data is reliable. Whether a birth is c-section does change the 'expected' astrological connection. NEVERTHELESS, with a c-section then the link may be via the location of Mars. Your natal Mars would be expected to be in aspect with your mother's ASC/DESC/IC/MC and/or one or more of your mother's planets

The sign location of your natal Mars and the house and sign location of its ruler is another indicator

What is also interesting is which house in the mom's natal is ruled by the Moon - i.e. the house with Cancer on the cusp

Your son's moon being so close to your natal sun means the birth of your son was symbolized by a New Moon - that's because your son's moon is your transiting moon for that particular day and on the day of your son's birth the moon was transiting your sun - so that's a symbolic New Moon.

All natal charts have a symbolic New Moon each month when the Moon transits their natal Sun. Obviously the New Beginning symbolized varies and does not always relate to birth of a child.

The connection between his dad's Sun/Mercury and his ascendant is another great example of the astrological connection between your son and his father

I"m aware of that. Just noting things that I have seen in charts I have came across.
My mars placement only sextile my mom's saturn. Wide conjunct to her NN. No angle aspects at all. My Mars is in Capricorn 6th house. The sign ruler, saturn, is in 5th house Sag - I am not sure what that says.

For the first charts, I would have to ask and double check where cancer is. For my mom's, cancer is on the cusp of the 8th house.

Of course the moon transits nSun once a month and thankfully isn't always the birth of a child :biggrin: There are many more aspects as well to paint a full picture, I was just sticking to sun, moon, rising similarities due to topic.

Last edited:

sparklz

My mother was 37 when I was born- relatively easy conception/birth. My sag sun (3rd house) is conjunct her sag moon (3rd house) - well less than one degree.

Now her Sun (cancer) is biquintil my aries moon (it's on my desc- I say 'thanks mom'). It's funny - like an emotional disaster averted. But we're pretty sensitive to each other for sure.

:pinched:

(she really loves me, that's for sure)

Last edited:

anjelik

This is pretty neat if it is true. I recently had an astrologer friend of mine, Margie H. tell me that as long as your birth was natural your rising sign should be the same as your mother's moon sign. Then I realized, hey, my mother's moon is in Aquarius and my rising sign is Aquarius! What do ya all think about that?

Does that ring true for anyone else?

Nooooope, not for me or my sister. My mom's Moon is Cancer and my rising is Capricorn and my sister's is Aquarius. However, my dad's rising is Capricorn and his Moon is Aquarius. That's the only connection!

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

Nooooope, not for me or my sister. My mom's Moon is Cancer and my rising is Capricorn and my sister's is Aquarius. However, my dad's rising is Capricorn and his Moon is Aquarius. That's the only connection!

Its actually almost always the Moon of the child is the same as the Ascendant or Descendant or their duads of a parent, but every now and then it is reversed.

You and your sister fit quite well:

Your Descendant is conjunct your mother's Moon.

Your sister's Ascendant is conjunct her father's Moon.

It would be interesting to know if your and your sister's Moons are conjunct the duad of a parent's Ascendant or Descendant.

You can find the duad table here: http://aliceportman.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Duad-Table1.pdf If you can't open this go here and scroll to bottom of first paragraph and click 'duad table'

Alice

JUPITERASC

Duads/Dwads

The word dwadashamsa - dwad/duad - is Sanskrit, and means 12-division

Each sign has 12 sub-segments of the zodiac within itself
- each segment being two and a half degrees -
accordingly then:

"A whole zodiac is reflected in its parts somehow, one way or another, or in several ways".

We can enhance astrological interpretation by considerations of how each sign is subdivided into twelve segments of two and a half degrees each.

Traditional method of dwad/duad/dwadashama arrangement =

first dwad of Aries is Aries dwad

first dwad of Taurus is the Taurus dwad

so on, round the circle.

1-2_Dwad_Table.png

Reading the table :

Twelve dwads are seen in the vertical column beneath the astrological sign. First dwad of a sign is a dwad corresponding to the sign itself.

To interpret a dwad, place the Sign on top of the Sign Dwad, considering that the dwad/duad/dwadashama is deeper (subtler)

e.g. Any planet at Libra 21 is somewhere between 20 and 21 Libra. According to traditional way of accessing dwads/duads/dwadashamas the planet is in Libra's Gemini Dwad

To study any planet's placement - taking dwads into account is a set, formidable way in Indian astrology. Well equipped with strategic key words for the planet, sign, and dwad sign, you get more to consider.

JUPITERASC

Nooooope, not for me or my sister. My mom's Moon is Cancer and my rising is Capricorn...

There IS a connection with your mom's moon :smile:

Your mom's moon is DIRECTLY OPPOSITE sign to your rising

....and my sister's is Aquarius.
Your mom may have either Aquarius planets
or Aquarius is on your mom's rising or your mom's descendant or MC or IC

However, my dad's rising is Capricorn and his Moon is Aquarius. That's the only connection!
You and your dad have the same rising so you and your dad's rising ARE BOTH CONNECTED TO YOUR MOM'S MOON by being opposed by your mom's Moon

anjelik

Its actually almost always the Moon of the child is the same as the Ascendant or Descendant or their duads of a parent, but every now and then it is reversed.

You and your sister fit quite well:

Your Descendant is conjunct your mother's Moon.

Your sister's Ascendant is conjunct her father's Moon.

It would be interesting to know if your and your sister's Moons are conjunct the duad of a parent's Ascendant or Descendant.

You can find the duad table here: http://aliceportman.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Duad-Table1.pdf If you can't open this go here and scroll to bottom of first paragraph and click 'duad table'

Alice

Interesting!

My mom's ASC is Libra (My sister's Sun) and my dad's ASC is Capricorn (my ASC and Venus).

anjelik

There IS a connection with your mom's moon :smile:

Your mom's moon is DIRECTLY OPPOSITE sign to your rising

Your mom may have either Aquarius planets
or Aquarius is on your mom's rising or your mom's descendant or MC or IC

You and your dad have the same rising so you and your dad's rising ARE BOTH CONNECTED TO YOUR MOM'S MOON by being opposed by your mom's Moon

I have a difficult time understanding my mom emotionally. I find her very irrational. I have always thought this was because I have a Gemini Moon.. but perhaps it's because my ASC and Venus oppose her Moon. I've never thought about it. My dad and I think very rationally and I find my mom to be so irrational it drives me insane. My dad has an Aqua moon. My mom and my sister seem to emotionally connect better - she has a Taurus Moon.

JUPITERASC

Interesting!

My mom's ASC is Libra (My sister's Sun)

and my dad's ASC is Capricorn (my ASC and Venus)
There are connections with grandparents, aunts, uncles, other family members as well one finds when comparing family natal charts. Wonder whether there are any moon connections there? If not then other planetary connections :smile:

anjelik

There are connections with grandparents, aunts, uncles, other family members as well one finds when comparing family natal charts. Wonder whether there are any moon connections there? If not then other planetary connections :smile:

Oh, BTW, my mom has her Venus in Aquarius. We are clearly a very Uranian family... haha :)

Dad: Sun and Moon in Aqua
Mom: Venus
Sister: Ascendant and Saturn (at 0 degrees)
Me: Mercury

And, interestingly enough my sister's boyfriend is an Aqua Sun and my boyfriend as an Aqua Moon. And my best friend has an Aqua Moon as well (Cap Sun, Cap Rising).

JUPITERASC

Oh, BTW, my mom has her Venus in Aquarius. We are clearly a very Uranian family... haha :)

Dad: Sun and Moon in Aqua
Mom: Venus
Sister: Ascendant and Saturn (at 0 degrees)
Me: Mercury

And, interestingly enough my sister's boyfriend is an Aqua Sun and my boyfriend as an Aqua Moon. And my best friend has an Aqua Moon as well (Cap Sun, Cap Rising).
There's no consensus amongst modern astrologers regarding modern rulerships :smile:

Certainly Capricorn and Aquarius are both the traditional home of Saturn, a fact that is accepted by modern astrologers as well as traditional astrologers

- would be interesting to delineate the Saturn sign of each of these charts -

On topic of course, the moon sign of your maternal grandmother as well as your paternal grandmother could well connect to your father's/mom's moons

Alice McDermott

In a natural birth the Moon-Ascendant/Descendant connection between a child and at least one of the parents is almost always there. You can read a little more about this here: http://aliceportman.com/natural-birth-connections/. As I mentioned above, occasionally this is reversed.

In addition, there is very often a connection between the MC-IC or their duads of the child and the Sun of a parent. At times this can be the duad of the Sun of the parent being the same as the MC or IC of the child.

There are almost always strong nodal connections as well.

These are genetic markers that appear in almost all natural births but fairly rarely in births that have medical assistance.

The other planetary connections are important and show how you relate to that parent, but these are variable whereas the ones mentioned above are very, very frequent.

Alice