My Weekend: Neptune, Mars, the Moon, and the Gays

overthetop10

I thought I'd share an astrological insight I've gotten over this weekend. This is a long post, but I promise it's astrologically interesting. As for the interestingness of the details of my personal life, I will leave you to judge. [If you're interested in looking at my chart and interpreting for yourself, I was born Nov. 8, 1984, 22:49 UT, Hastings, Nebraska, U.S.A.]

So every year, my college does a retreat for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans students, and I've gone on this retreat many a time now (as a gay man). It's usually a really intense emotional experience in terms of the content of the retreat, and in previous years I've had to soul-search with hard things at each retreat regarding my love life (helped or hindered by Pluto passing over my natal Venus).

This weekend I wasn't especially excited, as our GLBT community is very small and I know everyone. In addition, various complications have made it pretty much impossible for me to date anyone at this school anymore (thank God I'm graduating!), so there wasn't much for me to look forward to.

Here's where the astrology comes in. I arrived yesterday morning, and was feeling bored, and apprehensive about running into my ex-boyfriend. We broke up on November 5, 2006 (Full Moon in Taurus conjunct Ascendant & opp. natal Pluto) -- we'd had a very emotionally intense and generally positive year together, but our needs were not being met. It was mutual.

On the way to lunch yesterday, I was talking with a friend who was complaining about her housemates (including my ex), who told me that she was frustrated by the clinginess of my ex's and another guy's relationship. I had no idea that he had started dating anyone else, and I was hurt -- mostly in relation to how quickly he had found someone else. My pride was intensely wounded.

The time that I learned this was exactly when (within minutes) Neptune perfectly squared my natal Saturn, an influence that AstroIntelligence horoscopes signify as "Self-Doubt". The current Neptune-Saturn opposition has been causing me quite a bit of difficulty lately, as both planets are square my natal Moon in Taurus and Sun and Saturn in Scorpio -- and I think the relationship that we started in 2005 was a present to me from Jupiter in Scorpio, which is probably the only reason we were able to stay together with all of that hostile Saturn/Neptune energy.

This news probably would have ruined my weekend, but for some reason I was radiating positive energy after recovering from the initial shock. I socialized and participated in the group discussions in a happy, joking, and fun manner. Astrologically, all credit goes to Mars sextile natal Pluto, which happened also exactly that afternoon.

I think Mars helped me portray myself in a positive light, especially as the Moon conjuncted Neptune yesterday and joined in on squaring and generally harassing all three natal planets. We did an exercise where we shared painful experiences with the larger group, and I was able to do so while maintaining my dignity -- people commented that I seemed to be under a lot of stress but that I looked like a person who really had control of myself. Mercury trine Ascendant probably helped a lot, too.

So I guess my insight is that Mars & Pluto working together can give you a serious leg-up -- especially for Scorpio Suns like myself. It seems like if you need to deal with a situation that requires some serious fortitude, these guys can help you do it.

CODA: As a fun little side note, I had a slightly vindictive moment during the retreat talent show on Saturday night; I jokingly seduced an audience volunteer (actually, the friend who told me about my ex's relationship) with a song by Bjork (fellow Scorpio Sun) about a relationship that goes quite sour. It was a guilty pleasure to sing these lines in the presence of the ex and his new fling:

"How could you offer me love like that? My heart's burned.
How could you offer me love like that?
I'm exhausted, leave me alone!"

and

"Since we broke up, I'm using lipstick again.
I'll suck my tongue in remembrance of you."

My Scorpio vengeance desire was quite gratified with all of the lovely applause. I hope that it wasn't such a harsh gesture as to invite the karmic retribution that most astrologers warn Scorpio about...

Last edited:

lilllybelle

Nice post! I love hearing about how people actually deal with their transits in relation to their life. I love to watch how the transits play out in my life or to notice how events in my life, small and large, and the feelings and thoughts I have tie into the transits I'm having. L.