12th / 6th house Axis And 21st Century Slavery But What Exactly IS 'Slavery'?

JUPITERASC

I have observed that the idea of 'slavery' and whether it may or may not exist in the 21st Century is frequently raised/mentioned when 12th and/or 6th house matters are being discussed.

The idea of this thread then is to discuss what the word 'slavery' meant in the past as well as to discuss whether 'slavery' (despite having been officially 'abolished') nevertheless persists in some form in the present day. The idea is to compare 'slavery' as it existed in the past to 'slavery' in the various guises and forms in which it may still exist today :smile:

dr. farr

To me, it can mean persons in bondage: legal, financial, marital, fettered by chronic disease, debts, etc; also "wage slaves" locked into jobs they dislike but from which then cannot free themselves; to me it can also mean bondage to habits/compulsions/obsessions, from which it is not easy to free oneself.

tsmall

Premium Member
To me, it can mean persons in bondage: legal, financial, marital, fettered by chronic disease, debts, etc; also "wage slaves" locked into jobs they dislike but from which then cannot free themselves; to me it can also mean bondage to habits/compulsions/obsessions, from which it is not easy to free oneself.

"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains." ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

persephone5

Hmmm....well, it definitely is still going on. There is a huge problem in the world for instance of children being forced into the sex trade. Just yesterday actually I went to the world slavery museum in Liverpool. It was fascinating! A wonderful museum and free! It did mainly focus on the trans-atlantic slavery of Africans to England and the US but covered other areas as well. I would have liked to see an exhibit on certain countries and the child sex problem but the museum covered what it did very well.

There was also an exhibition on the true cost of cotton and how basically people of Uzbekistan and neighboring countries are forced into what is essentially slave labor. It is children as well doing the picking by hand. Their teachers take them out of school for several months a year to do it!

I am not sure how this fits into 6th/12th though. Seems more 2/8 to me. Though I guess the 6th house is the house of work and manual duties right? Routine? Obviously hand picking cotton is one of the most routine jobs out there!

There are also modern slaves in the general sense of the word. There was a lady of asian descent talking about her time as a slave and a young woman from an african country. They had to do the household duties and were given no wages. I didnt catch the beginning of the interview though. But household chores also seems 6th house to me.

Its crazy to me that things like this can still go on! But at the same time, there are many many countries in the world and they are all at different places in their history.

SniperBomber328

"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains." ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Using the exact quote above, and taking it into literal context, it can be said that everyone and anyone suffers from the 12th house in that manner.

Aside from that, if you think about it, we all are enslaved by others one way or another. Just as everyone works for money (6th and 2nd), has beliefs (9th), has a creative and inspirational side (5th), has a family and neighbors (3rd and 4th), relationships (7th), aspirations (11th) and a personality (1st).

As Benjamin Franklin put it - "Nothing in life is certain, but death and taxes." What does this quote regard in astrological house matters? The 8th house.

Only the 10th is what some achieve. Though everyone has a status (respection level) or honor they want to uphold.

The point I'm trying to get to is that everyone has a bit of every house in their own chart. It's just that those with planets in a certain house, taps the power of that house and shows prominence in greater spoonfuls for every single individual.

So what does this say? No one should look to a house as a single matter, but rather take a chart as a whole. Sorry jupiterasc for going astray from your original topic.

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
My Freedom Speakers
eorge Clinton
"Free Your Mind and Your @ss Will Follow"
Sojourner Truth, Bob Marley, Elie Weitzel.

SniperBomber328

My Freedom Speakers
eorge Clinton
"Free Your Mind and Your @ss Will Follow"
Sojourner Truth, Bob Marley, Elie Weitzel.

Everytime I read one of your posts that are similar to this, I seem to always laugh for a good five minutes. Though in this case two. So funny!

MaeMae

Banned
Sniper. You 'R Loved.
Freedom Fighters are uranus with a saturn backbone and a pluto neurosystem.
But no need to mock.
If you can, take the time to ponder on the messengers. They aren't out to get you.
Au Contraire....

MaeMae

Banned
please let me add ~
i read post in broadest spiritual/intellectual way -
ir are we talking about explotation and abuse on a theoretical level?
worldly slavery?
money, addiction, drug dealing, sexual slavery, endentured slavery, slavery to t.v. film. fantasy slavery.**** slavery dot cough.
we all need our 40 acres and a mule, fruit, veggie gardens, healthy grain and beast milks, honor for the earth and master and so on.
Back to overcoming the monster that apathy has created.

SniperBomber328

please let me add ~
i read post in broadest spiritual/intellectual way -
ir are we talking about explotation and abuse on a theoretical level?
worldly slavery?
money, addiction, drug dealing, sexual slavery, endentured slavery, slavery to t.v. film. fantasy slavery.**** slavery dot cough.
we all need our 40 acres and a mule, fruit, veggie gardens, healthy grain and beast milks, honor for the earth and master and so on.
Back to overcoming the monster that apathy has created.

Don't forget musical slavery. Some people are literally at the mercy of their hosting or music publishing companies.

powerion

for what its worth

Retro Jupiter in the 12th
6 planets in 6th house

dont hate me but

Not a slave for love...slave to my habits that stop me from being me 100% of the time. I wish I was a slave to love, but I am afraid to love sometimes it seems, for some reason sometimes... you just don't do thing you should.

Its hard to explain but listen..
I see the little "triggers" being pulled...I might not understand them, but I def notice when it goes off. energy gets moved about it *****, thats why you MUST be vocal, communication is key in everything....communication, communication, communication. I don't see why people have problems in relationships, do you work **** out and talk?, but this is coming from someone who has never been in one.

Last edited:

Beautiful Ending

I was actually going to post a question on this exact topic a week or so before you posted yours but I decided against it incase nobody agreed with me and thought I was mental. :pinched: What a coincidence!

I think the vast majority of us are slaves. There are no physical constraits like chains and whips but there are social and govermental constraints. We spend around 70% of our lifes in education and work so we can earn money to keep ourselves alive. We have no other choice, we cannot say no. We also have to pay for our own safety. We all have to conform to social convensions so we aren't shunned by others. I'm grateful in a way that I live in a western country though, what an oxymoron.

Freedom is Neptune, an illusion.

JUPITERASC

From reading over responses, the consensus so far is that the physical 'chains' and 'whips' associated with past slavery continue in various forms all over the world in the 21st Century... e.g. as in (a) physical violence experienced by those in abusive relationships (sometimes work-related) who although not 'physically chained', nevertheless feel too intimated to walk away from their 'keeper'...

(b) non-physical bondage which uses the 'chains' and 'whips' of threats and intimidation e.g. fear of the consequences of having no money - i.e. homelessness, social exclusion – keeping billions in bondage on a work-related treadmill of drudgery.

Obviously there ARE those who love their work and/or daily activities that they perform in return for money :smile: but this thread is concerned in particular with those who have to accept work and/or daily activities they dislike in return for money - even though many have diplomas/degrees and qualifications of varying kinds but are unable to find the work they would love to do and so their work is in fact a form of abhorrent bondage

chronic disease, drug addiction and educational bondage are being considered as forms of slavery and there is also the idea of being 'born into slavery' - due for example to having drug addicted parents
I think the vast majority of us are slaves. There are no physical constraits like chains and whips but there are social and govermental constraints. We spend around 70% of our lifes in education and work so we can earn money to keep ourselves alive. We have no other choice, we cannot say no. We also have to pay for our own safety. We all have to conform to social convensions so we aren't shunned by others. I'm grateful in a way that I live in a western country though, what an oxymoron.
Freedom is Neptune, an illusion.

JUPITERASC

92 WORD QUOTE – source: BBC Ethics Guide http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/slavery/modern/modern_1.shtml

“Slavery isn't always in the obvious form where one person owns another person (traditionally called 'chattel slavery'). :smile: Bonded labour/debt bondage amounts to slavery – that's when a person's work is security for debt - the person has not been sold BUT they are on 'a long lease' they cannot end – unable to leave their 'employer' because of low wages, deductions for food/lodging/high interest rates. The UN Working Group on Contemporary Forms of Slavery put the total number of people in debt bondage around the world at about 20 million in 1998”

JUPITERASC

'Debt bondage' is increasing - particularly as we are now experiencing the worst recession since the 1930's and many are forced to borrow

JUPITERASC

freedom.number.t1larg.7.ok.jpg

The Who and Why of Modern Day Slavery In America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tQDYvPrE6k

THE CNN FREEDOM FROM MODERN DAY SLAVERY PROJECT
http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.c...lers-freed-from-brick-kiln-bondage/?hpt=hp_c4

freedom.number.story.1.ok.jpg

retinoid

I think many people are beginning to feel like slaves. Even if they are not in debt, they are compelled...or feel like they are compelled...to constantly exist in a state that they do not like. We need to remind our selves that the keys are hanging right next to us. The world doesn't have to be like this.