Lets talk about electional astrology

I have to say that I am in need of being able to use whats in the stars, to benefit what I want to do.
I think Radus electional of my new name at this forum is working. I feel less stressed than I did as liquid green, although I dont completely understand why it has worked. (perhaps you radu, can tell us what you looked for?)

I am personally interested in planning some of my actions in the future...
Lets use the example of an electional trying to be useful in planning communication.......what are we looking for here?
Who is the insitigator of the communication......is that still the asc ruler? Is the planned reciever still the whatever house ruler best describes that person?
Obviously the 3rd house ruler is important.....what aspects do we want?.....are we looking at strengths of dignity?

Any info would help here......
I'm not too fussed if this thread goes off on some tangents , but i would like to discuss the topic in general if it is possible.

hoping that I am not ignored and shunned:p,
Kylie

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
:p You could just wait until I get the article going, but no...instant gratification. :p

Step One: Intent
The main thing in electional is to think about what you want to accomplish. Such as the case with the proposed situation of a future communcation outreach. What are we attempting to accomplish? Do we want the letter or whatever to reach its intended destination promptly and safely? Are we hoping that the recepient of our letter is sympathetic to our plight (I've used this one with stunning success to win back a lost scholarship)? Are we attempting to evoke a particular response from the recipient? These are things that need to be considered before you even sit down and jot down a list.

Step Two: Lists
Before I do an electional chart, I take out my handy-dandy clipboard and jot down a list of what I should be looking for. Using the proposed scenario, obviously I'm wanting to make sure the Third house lord and Mercury are doing okay as the significators of communcation. The intent would eventually help shape, mold, and form what we are supposed to be looking for, and eventually we would shave off the unnecessary or redundant.

Step Three: Sacrifice
Now, there will never be such a thing as a perfect chart, there will always be situations and configurations that are less than ideal. Back in step two, our list should contain all sorts of aspects and placements that we want, but we should also take the time to list this aspects and placements in an order of importance so that - if a situation proves unfavorable - we can cut out things to perhaps give us a more fortunate time.