Will I be in a relationship with someone new?

Desheap

11:08 PM
Sunnyvale, CA USA Santa Clara County
2/1/06

Will a new partner come into my life? And if so, when?

Thank you!

Summery Joy

First, let's locate the significators:

ASC is at 22:55 Libra, so you are signified by Venus Rx at 16:03 Capricorn.
Venus is in Rx motion, cadent, and peregrine. This is a very weak placement.

DSC is at 22:55 Aries, so serious partners are signified by Mars at Taurus 22:37.
Mars is direct, succeedent, but in its sign of deteriment. It's still seems stronger than Venus.

There's mutual reception between Venus and Mars.

The cusp of the 5th house is at Aquarius 29:00, so romatic partners with no commitement are signified by Saturn Rx at Leo 7:26.
Saturn is in Rx motion, angular, in detreiment but in its own face. Saturn seems stronger than Venus.

The Moon is a general significator of you and the question and is at Aries 5:04
The Moon is on the same degree as the North Node, cadent and perergine. It is disposited by Mars. It's last aspect before it leaves Aries is square with Mercury.

Mercury is the ruler of the 9th and 12th houses.

Now, let's try to interpret

Venus and Mars are mutually separating from a trine and are in mutual receptrion. Maybe you've recently broken up with a serious partner but you're on good terms. Mars seems to have the upper hand though. Venus is about to go direct (tomorrow I think), and it may seem that Venus is going back to apply a trine with Mars. Unfortunarely, Mars will leave Taurus before the trine ever come close to perfection. Maybe this means that you'll have second thoughts about the breakup and will want to go back, but your ex will seem to have moved on or doesn't want serious commitment.

There are no major aspects with Venus and Saturn which may suggest a "no" answer to meeting someone new on casual basis. BUT, the Moon and Saturn are applying to a mutual trine. They're both not in very good placements but Saturn seems stronger. Its Rx motion is not good but may suggest "return". Maybe you'll go back or will consider going out with someone that you used to date. Even if was serious before, it might not be this time around. The aspect is 2:22 degrees away from perfection. Maybe this will happen in a couple of days, weeks or months. I don't think years should be considered because Saturn is angular.

The last aspect of the Moon is stressful, the Moon is on the same degree as the NN and Venus, the natural siginificator of love and females in love is in Rx motion. Seems to me that now is not a very good time to to think about love and relationships because you're about to go on a trip of self-development and maybe some depression or psycholigical unease.

Hope this helps.

Draco

Hi Desheap,

I'll have a go at this for you, as long as you're aware that I'm no whizz at horary, and I'm unsure about timing but I'll try.

Here's your chart to provide a visual example for you to look at so you can relate what I'm saying to the chart:

On the astrodienst chart I have turned the orb allowances down to 50% because the default settings give too wide orbs for my liking.

Very appropriately Libra rises, which accords to your question regarding a new relationship. So you are Venus, principle of love, in Capricorn in the 3rd house of communication. Before I try to explain the significance of this, notice that Venus is still retrograde. I sense that you still have unresolved issues from prior love connections or longings which have affected you, you are still somehow emotionally pulled back to the past. This may be hurt, regret, or unfulfilled love, yet somehow your heart is drawn back to the past and so I sense unresolved issues here, yet Venus has no seperating aspects so this does not describe a specific attachment as such but perhaps the general longings of unrequited, missed or tainted loves. You are described as being reflective on the history of your loving.

Venus is in Capricorn, the cardinal-earth sign, so it is your intention to initiate a physical relationship, the goat is the totem of lust, so this placement describes you as being 'horny'.

The 3rd house placement emphasises communication and so perhaps you are utilising methods of communication such as the telephone, the written word or the internet in seeking a new love. Perhaps your requiring of a new lover has been the subject of much discussions you have had lately. As Venus is retrograde it is introverted, and the 3rd is mental processes, so I imagine that you have been expending a lot of mental energies upon this issue, perhaps you have written things down or been reading Tarot cards on the issue or some other such method, in any sense reading about love. Again, Venus being retrograde, reviews the past, so I wonder if you have been reviewing old love letters, valentine's or mementoes from past love experiences which contain within them 'messages'?

I also notice that Venus is desposited by Saturn, being in Saturn's sign, and Saturn you will notice is also retrograde. This again would seem to indicate introspection and reviewing that which is past, and as Saturn is that which is upsetting and difficult, and is directed toward the past, I sense a theme of regret here. Saturn's detriment in Leo makes this pain felt keenly because Saturn cannot adequately express itself here, so needs resolution for it's unhappiness, and in the 10th house it is dominant and hangs above you like a black cloud. It interests me that both your significator and its despositor are retrograde. I would be very suprised if you are not raking over old hurts and past regrets while looking forward to a new partner.

I have to be quite general and touch upon as many things as I can imagine, because the down-side of not giving you this reading face to face is that I cannot ask you questions as I go along to 'fine tune' the reading to your personal circumstances.

Venus will be coming out of it's retrograde tomorrow, so very shortly will come a time to proceed forward with your love life, and better still, Venus is applying a sextile to Jupiter in Scorpio in the 1st. Being a future aspect I suggest that this describes contact with a potential future partner, and this is a good thing as both Venus and Jupiter are benefics and therefore good together. Venus has one degree to move before perfecting it's sextiling with Jupiter, and as Venus is in a cadent house I would give it a month or two before attachment manifests. The sextile is a feminine one, so this is a tender and gentle connection. Be prepared for an expansive sexual appetite on the part of Jupiter, as it is in intense Scorpio, and in the 1st house the physical magnetism and sexual prowess of the individual should be strong. Jupiter being in Scorpio is deposited by Mars, and Mars rules the 7th cusp of relationship, another indication of a strong bond with this person and a sexually vigorous connection.

There is an applying square to the Moon in Aries in the 6th, and this may indicate some emotional and nervous trouble arising from a relationship which seemed so exciting and promising to begin with. This is a cardinal square between horned signs and speaks of locked horns and a clash of wills. The Moon in Aries deposits to Mars, as does Jupiter, so both of the planets that Venus applies aspects to are beneath Mars, which is the ruler of the DC, so both these events are to do with the person you will potentially meet to be a partner. The Moon in Aries squaring you would seem a rowdy and competitive indication, the 6th house would reflect rows about 'roles' and 'work', there could be some friction from one partner trying to subdominate the other, hence a power struggle. They may become angry and confrontational about the chores they have to perform in order to maintain your satisfaction within the relationship. There may also be some illness as a result of the stress of conflict and I would highlight nervous trouble. As Venus has about 4 degrees to go to perfect this aspect, I would say that this is about four months into the connection.

The seventh cusp of partners, is in Aries, so the quiested, your future partner is represented by Mars. Mars is frustrated in Taurus, an environment which does not suit it's needs, yet in your domain, as Taurus is ruled by Venus, and I said their may be tension and power struggles because Mars will not want to be subject to the sanctions that you may impose. Mars is also in the 8th house, a dangerous and wreckless house, yet this is a person full of passion and vigour but prone to anger and perhaps fits of aggression.

The Moon as mentioned is in Aries, so the Moon seeks to make a beginning, so is raring to go for seeking a partner. The Moon applies a sextile to Mercury which is quite immediate as they share the same degree. Mercury is in Aquarius and in the 4th. Now this is interesting. Remember how I said that the retrogrades, your significator and despositor, reflect raking over past regrets and heartaches, and also how Venus being in the 3rd, shows how you are seeking to communicate and review words, messages and thoughts? Well, what is significant here is that Mercury is also communication and the 4th house is history and roots, and re-emphasises the past. The Moon's sextile to Mercury expresses what I consider to be some form of communicative exchange taking place with a previous love conection, someone you share history with, and it is worth noting that Mercury, like Venus also desposits to that Saturn retrograde, so whatever these words or messages are being exchanged with a love link to the past, then this has something to do with this old regret you haven't shed and the hurt you are still feeling perhaps.

So, my conclusion would be, that as far as a 'new' partner is concerned, I would imagine that it is more likely that you are meant to re-animate an old love interest which somehow went wrong and that is causing you heartache and regret. There is unfinished business needed to be settled before you are able to shed the burden and move on. However, if this is the case, the indications of difficulty in this 'new' relationship are still apparent.

Go back over what I said about Venus sextiling Jupiter, this is to come in a month or so.

Go over what I said about Venus squaring the Moon, this is about 4 months on.

It isn't illustrated on the chart I have provided (unfortunately you can't set your own orbs on astro, but -50% is the closest I can get to what I consider acceptable) but Venus will trine Mars in 7 degrees, so about 7 months, then significator and quiested are joined by a major aspect, so you will know by this time whether to make or break the partnership once and for all. A trine seems nice and easy. Remember however that Mars is detriment, and within Venus' domain. Mars may not like to be in this position which could be the cause of considerable discontent, unless of course Mars can be tamed.

It would seem that you will meet a partner, and if not a 'new' partner, then an ex interest who appears to have turned over a new leaf. If this is how it appears I wouldn't be so sure. Ultimately it's your decision.

I would be very interested to see how you relate to this interpretation of the chart. If I was a load of rubbish, then tell me so! I can only learn by criticism and from my mistakes.

Just one last thing:

I had a look at the Sabian's for your significator and the quiested which I would normally never do, but I was intrigued....

Go back over what I wrote for Venus and consider this:

CAPRICORN 16: The high school grounds are alive with fresh new vitality, as the boys appear in their gymnasium suits (hmmm... :roll: ).

For Mars:

TAURUS 23: A magnificent jewellery shop is revealed, containing every conceivable article of value or beauty.

I'll leave this with you. Hope I provided some useful insights. If not, I tried my best.

Good luck,

Draco :wink:

Draco

Hi Nora,

I did not see your post because you sent it as I was still typing. When I sent I was very interested to read how you also considered that an old love interest is described in the chart also. Personally I feel that there are unresolved issues with an old flame, and that rather than a new lover, it will be a ex love interest, who appears to have turned over a 'new' leaf.

It will be very interesting to see what Desheap says back to us about this.

Summery Joy

Draco, I like your interpretation, especially the part about the 3rd house. I didn't pay it enough attention.

I too am awaiting Desheap's reply.

Desheap

Wow! Draco - I cannot thank you enough for such a detailed and thorough explanation! And I have to say - you have hit the nail on the head with many things -

Yes my partner and I have had many discussions of whether to continue the relationship or not and if I would be happier with someone else. Hence you saw all the reference to the past and messages/communication. Your descriptions of me are also accurate (loving the past and physically active)

Power struggles have definitely been an issue between us.

So it seems like you are saying for the next 7 months, I will be working out unfinished business with boyfriend but after that, our relationship will have a definite resolution (end or stay together)? Since there have been so many talks of ending or not ending it?

It seems like even with the revitalizing of the relationship, with Jupiter in aspect to Venus, there are some positives, but with the square of Mars, issues of power struggles and clash of wills will also result? Did I get that correctly?

Thanks again Draco for your in-depth and accurate interpretation! Do you also interpret first meeting/event charts or synastry? Please let me know how I can contact you through email or instant messenger if you have questions for me.

Draco

Hi Desheap,

I'm glad that you found the interpretation significant to you.

I strongly sensed that the chart was expressing that you were reviewing a past relationship rather than considering a new relationship altogether, and I feel that the 'new relationship' will more likely be your current relationship taken to a new level.

So it seems like you are saying for the next 7 months, I will be working out unfinished business with boyfriend but after that, our relationship will have a definite resolution (end or stay together)? Since there have been so many talks of ending or not ending it?

It seems like even with the revitalizing of the relationship, with Jupiter in aspect to Venus, there are some positives, but with the square of Mars, issues of power struggles and clash of wills will also result? Did I get that correctly?

I feel that in a month or so the relationship, if you remain in the current one, will be a time of relief from past regrets and an expansion to a new level happiness. I feel that the relationship would come to feel more beneficial than it has been. Venus sextiling Jupiter would bring a sense of growth and optimism. Venus retrograde and despositor Saturn retrograde in the chart, expressed upsets and difficulties in the past and a review of past limitations to the relationship, so it's no wonder you were considering finding someone new. However, unlike Saturn's restrictive influence, Jupiter brings a boon and a sense of relief, so I imagine in a month or so you will come to feel that you have reached a stage where these past issues have been sorted and you will be able to look forward.

4 months in and you square the Moon in the 6th, so I sense some nervous trouble, you may be quite literally 'love-sick' and this may affect your health. Moon in Aries tell us that this is due to competition and argument, so I just feel that it marks a stage of where the relationship sours again, with power struggles, because the Moon desposits to Mars, him, and he is in your sign, so he will be unhappy with any strictures you may place upon him such as, 'If you want to be with me this is what you'll have to do/be like/how you'll have to change...'.

7 months in, The Venus square Mars I think describes the relationship either coming to blows or him coming to accept whatever conditions you have set as the requirements he must adapt to in order for you to be together. Venus despositing to Saturn retro. might show an unwillingness or inability on your part to forget the past and wipe the slate clean, and Mars is frustrated in Taurus, your domain, because it's placement suggests that you have dominion over him in some way, and this may be a source of much discontent to him. I would suggest that you do not bring up old issues and things which have previously gone wrong, this hold over him would be a source of frustration. The square between Venus and Mars is very passionate, but passion is not always a good thing because rage and anger can also be felt passionately. 'Passion' is the keyword here.

I speak of a power struggle here, because Mars naturally seeks to dominate Venus, but Venus in this case has the upper hand because Mars is within her domain. The greatest problem for Mars will be Venus' continual unearthing of past misdeeds to use as ammunition against him, try not to use how he has hurt you, done wrong or caused you bitterness in the past as ammunition in an argument because this will lead to only greater frustration on the part of Mars.

I haven't done a lot of synastry charts but I would be willing to give it a go. I would give you my e-mail but I am unable to recieve messages, only send, due to a problem with this **** machine! :evil: You would be very welcome to contact me through msm but that is on the blink too at the moment, but when I work out how to sort it I'll give you the address. Until then your welcome to contact me through the PM if you wish.

Good luck,

Desheap

Again Draco, I really like you've hit the nail on the head! I will keep you posted as to how things go :)

Thank you again for all your time and effort!