Part of Fortune

decewe

Hi
I can't understand one thing about PoF. Mine is in Gemini in house 7. It opposes the Moon in Sag. In Gemini in house 7 I also have Mercury and South Node.
I am not a good caring mother, I am not a typical housewife. I Even I am not lucky in marriage as my man escaped from me.
So, how does my Part of Fortune work here? :34:

Catatonia

decewe said:
Hi
I can't understand one thing about PoF. Mine is in Gemini in house 7. It opposes the Moon in Sag. In Gemini in house 7 I also have Mercury and South Node.
I am not a good caring mother, I am not a typical housewife. I Even I am not lucky in marriage as my man escaped from me.
So, how does my Part of Fortune work here? :34:

Well, the Part of Fortune is a very interesting thing in itself.

It represents the physical body, it's the Moon's lot (the Moon's Part [of Fortune]), which means it tells of those symbols behind the Moon--including the physical body, the family, mothers, and also of what 'befalls' the native. In other words, it's kind of like fate.

It doesn't necessarily mean good fortune, because everything depends on the sign it's in, what the Part of Fortune is conjunct, which house, its dispositor, how strong the dispositor is, where the dispositor is located and what aspects it makes. See? It's complicated.

Basically, those people who were born on/around or were nearing a full moon birth (Sun opposition Moon) will have Fortune in the 7th. Those born on/around or nearing a new moon birth have Fortune in the 1st.

A lot depends on the rest of your chart. Like I said, planets and angles that it conjuncts (or makes other aspects to, like the trine, square, opposition, etc), its dispositor, houses, etc etc. To say "I don't have luck in marriage despite my Part of Fortune in the 7th" is completely false. It's no indication that you'll have luck in partnerships or marriage, unless depending on other factors I mentioned prior. You can't generalize, you know what I mean? It may or may not be true.

One more thing..speaking from experience and no astrology, unless you cheated on your husband or treated him badly, ignored him, etc..did you REALLY 'let him escape' or did he leave out of own free will? Complicated question. If you did things to force him to leave, that's YOU. If he decided to wander off and you were good to him...he wasn't a good husband. No luck there...it's all a matter of people being people. Him being him and you being you.

Last edited:

decewe

Thanks, Catatonia, for your answer.
You write:
It represents the physical body, it's the Moon's lot (the Moon's Part [of Fortune]), which means it tells of those symbols behind the Moon--including the physical body, the family, mothers, and also of what 'befalls' the native. In other words, it's kind of like fate.
I thought PoF means our talent, good luck. Could you tell me more about the real meaning of it? All articles I found about Pof were dealing with it as lucky thing. I would like to read more, if you have a link about it, please share.

You asked me about infedility etc - you are right, I was not good to my husband, I didn't cheat on him, but I was not much interested in being a good wife, not much concern and interest in him.

Derestanne

I very much agree with Catatonia. The truth about Part Of Fortune is that it is a two sided coin.

If you are lucky, you will indeed have "Part Of Fortune".

If you are not-so-lucky, your Part Of Fortune will be more like "Part Of Misfortune".

I will use my own Part Of Fortune as a very embarassing example. I have Part Of Fortune in Aries in my 7th House of marriage. A very large number of the women in my life have been Sun Sign Aries. Almost all of them were very passionate and downright aggressive toward me. Some of my male friends thought I was crazy for having anything to do with such aggressive "masculine behaving" women.

When I was quite young and inexperienced, this presented more than it's share of difficulty. Some of those Aries girls wanted to get married right away! And I could scarcely keep up with them, much less was I ready to make a long term commitment with one of them!

I finally settled down later in life with an Aquarian woman with several planets in Aries. To say she constantly keeps me on my toes would be an understatement! Still, I have no regrets whatsoever, except that I did not study astrology at an even younger age, when the knowledge would have come in handy to be better able to love and appreciate the "Female Tigers" that I was attracting!

So Part Of Fortune is like life in general - it is exactly what we make of it!

Catatonia

If you treated him badly and know you were being a bad partner, that isn't luck, it's your free will allowing you to mistreat someone else.

The Part of Fortune was probably the thing that allowed for your to even have the husband. If you weren't interested in being a 'good wife' (but I'd say..a good committed partner) then you shouldn't have married.

Catatonia