No Comprendo-ing the whole Solar Return thing...

kyle8921

Ok... so.. I don't understand how to use my Solar Return chart?

I know that it compares my birthplace with reference place.. but... I'm lost.

achart_ru7file5KiPce-u1125450476.876.26100.gif

Here's my apparent Solar Return chart. I think.

I think I have some cool-looking shapes though! Haha... Grand Trine of Moon, Jupiter and Saturn... Jupiter opposing Neptune, while the Moon and Pluto sextile Neptune. Looks cool, not sure what it means. And the moons moves so quickly, so this alignment probably doesn't matter anyway.

Last edited:

Belgianmoonguy

A year full off emotional activity (Moon in Aries) that will be quickly and sudden, impulsive may be.
Emphasis on 5th house matters (Sun almost in 5, Mercury, Venus, NN and Uranus there)... so study the 5th house and its meaning
Emphasis on planets beneath the AC/DC line, so this is more a year for yourself and self investigation

kyle8921

How does it read the entire year?

Thanks for interpreting it... but I just don't understand how it works. Why did my signs in my houses change and everything? My AC is Scorpio now?

Arian Maverick

The solar return chart is calculated for the exact moment the Sun returns to its natal position each year, which may or may not occur on your birthday due to the fact that there are 360 degrees in a circle and 365 days in a year. It does not change the natal chart at all, but may act as a supplement to transits and progressions to give possible insight into the major themes one may experience in a year. Interpret this chart like you would a natal with the understanding that the influence only lasts until your next solar return ;)

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

A solar return chart is effective the moment the Sun returns to its exact natal position and is replaced by the new solar return chart the moment the Sun returns to its exact natal position the following year.

Arian Maverick

kyle8921

I don't like Solar Returns. It doesn't make any sense to me. I think Progressions would be more accurate.

Or, better yet, why not just use the current locations of the planets, like the transits of those across your natal chart?

I don't see how 3 different ways of predicting the future can yield accurate results at all.

I think the Solar Return chart does have significance. My Sun is in the 9th house of my Solar return chart and I am just beginning to study Astropsychology. The 9th house relates to higher learning, and travel and hopefully I will also go on holiday this year. I haven't been on a holiday for years.

:banana:

Arian Maverick

I don't like Solar Returns. It doesn't make any sense to me. I think Progressions would be more accurate.

Actually, I read in Astrology, Karma & Transformation by Stephen Arroyo that progressions have more of a psychological influence than transits, which are usually more descriptive of major events in an individual's life. I don't think he mentions anything about solar return charts, but I'll have to look...

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

yelena234

Hello Kyle,

Why don't you like Solar Returns? Maybe, you are running from one place to another, during the year? Of course, Solar can tell you nothing in that case.

I know very well, that neither Secondary Progressions, good Transits, Primary Directions or Solar Arc in my case don't work. But Solar Return, yes! You have to stay that Solar year on one place! You can make some trip, that is all.

In Solar Return, you have all year in front of you. You must only know, how to read it. Without Natal Chart (you have it in your head, and all aspects).
Important is: in what Natal house falls Solar AC; look all four angles, if some planet conjuct AC, IC, DC, MC, then is going to happen something in connection with this angles: AC (you), IC (home, relocation), DC (relationship, new love in your life), MC (job, career). For DC is important, that there are the same planets as in Natal Chart. I have Sun in 7th, and Mercury in 6th just on DC, and when are they are again in 7th, in Solar, I am sure, there will something happen with relationship (it is not sure, that from that will be marriage, or something serious, but there are chances for that).

When I have relocated to other country, there were two planets around my IC (one in 3rd, one in 4th).

On the end, you don't forget the aspects, that you have in your Natal.

Yelena

p.s. Alora, yo comprendo muy bien et soy segura, que esto es la verida (?).
I wrote something wrong, have no dictionary?