Been having financial problems lately in the family

Mist Knacker

We've been having a lot of financial issues in the household since 2008. We've actually always had a bit of difficulties financially even during peaks of economic prosperity.

From what my mother told me, at the end of 2007 to start of 2008, her income dropped by 1/4, and at the same time, expenses increased. My step-dad's computer business, which he started in 2005, is not growing as we expected, so he hasn't been bringing much in.

The effects have been enough that, for example, whenever I need to get maintenance stuff done on my car, we have to put it off for a long time. I had to go two years without getting the oil changed. I drove on bad brakes (metal on metal) for over 6 months before getting them replaced. We finally got them replaced in December 2008. Then my sister's car went out, and because we couldn't afford to get her another car, she had to borrow mine. However, several days ago, we got it back, and it was in considerably poorer condition than it was before she got it. The engine in my mother's car blew on October 5, 2009, so she's out of a car now. She borrowed my grandpa's car, and the fuel pump in it went out 10 days later, so that's 400+ more dollars that we're out of.

My sister currently works two jobs, and even with that, she is only just scraping by. This is one thing that could explain her lack of maintenance to my car when she had it.

These financial problems also impact me as I haven't worked in over three years due to my medical issues (bipolar, depression, adrenal exhaustion), and therefore, haven't had an income throughout this time, and I've been having to rely on there's.

Also, whenever I need to buy my dietary supplements for my conditions or sometimes refill my meds, we would have to wait some number of days as she wouldn't have the money then.

It's getting quite aggravating.

I've been wondering what ongoing transits to their charts have been playing a big role in this.

Here's what I think.

Although, my mother's 2nd house isn't occupied by any of the major planets, the traditional ruler of it, Jupiter, is squared by Saturn but makes a trine to her Sun.

Transit-wise, the Saturn/Uranus opposition that's been going on since fall 2008 has been in my mother's 2nd/8th House axis, which is the financial axis. Saturn entered into my mother's 8th House of joint finances this past summer. Uranus, though, entered into my mother's second house back in 2008.

Uranus' entry into her 2nd House was when the financial difficulties began. It also began forming an opposition to her Sun, and this aspect goes exact one more time in March 2010. Uranus is the planet of sudden changes and erraticism. We also had financial problems in 1996, and Saturn was going through her 2nd House then. She said that the reason for the difficulties then was that she had just begun going into business for herself. This time, it's different (Uranus in her 2nd House this time). The problems more recently have had more of a sudden nature, I feel.

The Neptune/Jupiter and Jupiter/Jupiter square could also be playing a part.

But I do see some hope next year. This year, her Uranus/Jupiter sextile began and goes on until early 2011. Her Uranus Trine Mars begins next year as Uranus enters Aries for first time. Jupiter also will be going into her second house close to spring of next year and will remain in there for 1 year. Since her job involves commissions and sales, this will be especially good, from what I read. While in the 2nd house, Jupiter will also be sextiling its natal position and will then form a trine to her Mars. So, I hope these will be some improvements.

Besides these, what other factors could be playing a part in this ongoing financial situation?

Here's my mother's and step-dad's chart. I don't have a time of birth of my step-dad, so I did a solar chart for him with equal houses. Each of them includes current transits.
The first chart is my mother's chart (9/17/64). The second one is my step-dad's (8/26/64).

Attachments

• JC_natal_10_26_09.jpg
    JC_natal_10_26_09.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 23
  • PA_10_26_09.jpg
    PA_10_26_09.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 20
You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Now in Equal house your mother's T Saturn will leave the 8th in approx 6th months when it gets to 8' Libra -- so if things start to pick up then that may also help you to analyse 'house systems' to.....

I would also look at progressions and solar arcs as well as transits, cos these alone do not always produce 'external events' most times they are internal ebbs and flows.....

There has also been an interesting thread on Chiron opp Uranus recently you may enjoy, as it was a generational thing
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=988

It's obvious with T Saturn going over all those planets in virgo that the past 2 - 1/2 years have prob been very stressful and hard work

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20030

Lin

I think that no matter which house system you use, Jupiter changing sign and esp. Saturn changing sign will help a lot...plus finally the chart of the USA gets some trine from Jupiter....the economy will be on an upswing very soon.
Saturn has been doing a number on almost all the people I know, read for or read about onseveral sites. Saturn in Virgo means "restriction of jobs." It will get better.
LIN

Mist Knacker

I just checked her progressions, and a key thing I noticed is that tr. Pluto is currently squaring her prog. Venus, which rules her prog. H2.

Tr. Pluto Square Venus

There may be some problems with money during this transit. Poor spending decisions made to date may come to a head and you may need to face up to their reality. By the end of the transit, you should have a renewed sense of worth, although getting to that point may not be entirely pleasant.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/plutotransits.html

On the positive side, however, prog. Venus is now in Libra, which is its domicile. For years, prog. Venus was in Virgo where it's debilitated.

In the progressed chart, Jupiter is in the 2nd House of income but still retrograde and part of a Grand Cross involving a Mercury/Neptune conjunction, Saturn, and Mars.

Venus, H2 ruler here, is not applying to any major aspects to her prog. planets.

However, it's still in a sextile to her natal Mars, but separating.

Prog. Venus Sextile Mars
Your passions are pretty much in line with your ability to deliver on them, so you're probably scoring what you want and maybe taking it a bit for granted. Others might envy your state, however, and so might you when you look back on it. Ask yourself what is the key to your success, then put it in your pocket for safekeeping.

When Saturn enters Libra, it will be conjoining her prog. Venus.

Tr. Saturn Conjunct Venus
It's a strong period for reassessing your spending habits. Financial stresses may be part of the picture now, leading to a more conservative, mature, and realistic approach to handling your finances.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/saturntransitaspects.html

Her prog. Moon in Libra entered into her natal H9 not too long ago, and it's currently conjunct her prog. DSC.

Prog. Moon Through 9th House
The movement of the progressing Moon through the 9th House is usually one of the more exhilarating periods of the 28-year cycle. A sense of adventure tends to return after the heaviness and sense of impo*tence, so often felt during the Moon’s 8th House period, and a person frequ*ently feels more inclined to take financial risks in order to get away to see places and do things which fire his imagination.

Travel nearly always has a part to play during this period because a person feels hungry for new experiences and impressions. Acute restlessness is frequently experienced at this time and routine and commitment are burdensome. Moreover, opportunities to travel may be more numerous than is customary at this time.

This period, by dint of the experiences it contains and the increased concern with quality of life, which is a characteristic, nearly always leads to a re-appraisal of lifestyle and career.

http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/BookTransitsBook9.htm

The following are her chart with progressions and solar arcs, and her progressed chart.

Natal Chart with Progressions and Solar Arcs

Progressed Chart