Mars Conjunct Pluto

KeepItSimple

I was just reading on another thread that Mars conjunct Pluto is usually present in people with serious illness. Fight for survival is how they put it. I have Mars conjunct Pluto and have been suffering from illness for 5 years. No doctor or anyone I have talked to seems concerned for me and it really has felt like a fight for survival. I've been trying to eat right and keep healthy which helps a lot, but I haven't had the resources to tackle this situation correctly. Am I right to assume with Mars conjunct Pluto I'm in store for a lifetime of suffering? Is there anything in my chart that could give some light to this? I'm still trying to learn more about how things work and any information that can help give me some context and help me start learning how my chart and my health issues might be connected would be appreciated. I'm still learning so sorry that I can't offer more info.

Attachments

• birthchart.gif
    birthchart.gif
    51.3 KB · Views: 63

Caro

Keep it simple, I think you have misread this.

It's probably one of a number of interpretations. ie if badly aspected or hit by a series of difficult transits it 'may' lead to illness.

I have read mars conjunct pluto can be fanatical about health issues to the point that they will go out of their way to not get sick. If sick they have amazing levels they will go to to get better - ie they will research and research health topics until they find something that will enable them to over come.

i know two people with this placing in virgo, the first a sagi sun got cancer but recovered from it- and became obsessed with the minutea of how she got ill and remedies she could use particularly diet related to get better.

another person a virgo sun - is obsessive about cleanliness and does not even get a cold. she goes out of her way to avoid any illness.

so too different perspectives.

Frisiangal

Hi K.I.S,
I think the 'fight for survival' is a good term for Mars-Pluto, just as 'a bomb waiting to explode' or 'muscle control' is.:smile: I agree with Caro that the conjunction does not necessarily refer to only illnesses. Mars-Pluto is a powerful asset because it generates the ultimate 'force of will' to overcome the most trying and difficult of situations, especially those that might induce 'the suffering' through 'self pity' associated with some Neptune aspects.

Your chart is very compact and the first thought that came to my mind was one with the words 'ruthless control' in it because of the emphasis upon Scorpio (emotional) and Capricorn (physical), and in their natural houses (as are all the signs). The Scorpio side can suggest the drive of 'hidden forces', in the sense of strong but also obsessional and compelling inner urges. The applying square from Mars to Jupiter could refer to overdoing it and the going to extremes and excesses to 'be the best' and/or exert 'control' within and over non-committal situations (11th house). With Mars ruler of the Ascendant....the physical constitution and personality...it's influence could be exerted through the physical body. The big question would be whether you, yourself, attempt to exert the control or come under its influence from others who would have control over you and your actions.

Virgo on 6th house cusp is ruled by Mercury, which is in a very close conjunction led by Moon and includes Neptune. One's thoughts and feelings should, but might not be 'as grounded' as Capricorn would have them, which could allow negative influences to enter the mind. Similarly, Virgo rules the digestive system, which could mean negative influences work through that area of the body which, in its turn, Pluto would attempt to clear via the colon. (e.g. Nervous excretive system to Crohn's disease to constipation).
The :neptune::capricorn: generation no longer has 'external barriers' to contend with that hold them back from reaching the ultimate of their aspirations, yet the release from such imagined chains of bondage gives them free rein and does mean taking 'inner control'. Your chart shows the conjunction sextile Pluto. You may feel driven to think in terms of possible weaknesses instead of strength, whilst Sun sextile Mars shows you do possess the stamina and strength for 'body building' and taking care of yourself.

I'm still trying to learn more about how things work and any information that can help give me some context and help me start learning how my chart and my health issues might be connected would be appreciated.

You say that people and dr's are not concerned with you or for your illnesses of recent years (as per feelings of abandonment?). Does this mean that medical science can find no physical reasons and cause for your ailments?
A simple answer may be a necessity to interchange 'yes' with 'no' where your actions, thoughts and feelings are concerned, whereby your physical strength is given the opportunity to improve?:smile:

With a 9' orb, I wouldn't consider a major problem, for me at least it's too wide an orb. I only use + or - 8'

I know a close friend who is having T Pluto conjunct exalted mars in cappi and has is having a horrendous time with health and surgery, this being off and on for past two years. Just in last week had bleeding stomach ulcer alone.....

It's true it can represent surgery, his aspect is in late first house ie: his physical body.

It is also about ego expressions and sexuality, as has already been mentioned. When I had the opposition of T Pluto to my (well aspected) natal mars, I felt very much at the mercy of 'others' and unable to act or exert my own ego energies. So much so it can feel crippling, frustrating beyond beliefs, unreal, surreal even.

Now, your mars is well aspected except for this very wide conj, pluto in 7th suggests 'power plays and control issues to do with relationships. Mars in 8th suggests a powerful sex drive and action taken connected to 8th house matters ie: joint finances (obviously where you want/need control) but also 'other people's values, as opposed to your own (2nd house)

Mars conjunct Pluto
The conjunction of Mars and Pluto shows a very strong desire nature with the persistence and determination to get what you want. Your nature is to be more interested in the battle than in the fruits of the conquest. You handle extreme pressure very well, and in a crises situation you can be relied upon to manage affairs with skill and authority. In love, you are assertive and possessive. Physical needs and demands are notably strong. This is a highly emotional aspect. If not controlled, this aspect may cause you to be brutal or cruel. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#macpl

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

TaraChaffey

Geez, i hope not. I have Mars, Saturn, Pluto and The Moon conjunct in the Sixth House Scorpio. I had bad health problems at the age when these planets registered and i am now in good health. No, i don't believe that Mars conjunct Pluto people are always in bad health. The age in which Mars and Pluto occurs will signify the period of illness. when this stops, good health should return. Can i see your natal chart? i can tell you when your problems would have started to occur, and when they will stop.

T. Chaffey