predicting death

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Sheila- I don't believe in *absolute no's*....A few years ago I was in a life threatening situation and I NEEDED to know if I would make it or not-I have kids. My astrologer would most certainly have told me had the answer been in the affirmative. As it happens the chart correctly asserted that I would live. You may not feel you would want to know, but others may have different ideas. I'd like to reiterate that I don't consider it ethical to predict death unless the chart shows it to be a certainty AND unless the querent wants to know. Those with terminal illnesses can take much comfort from feeling they are informed. (Most people seem to know when they are going to die anyway, in my experience,when the time is close,so an astrologer would only be confirming the already known.)William Lilly gave us the method of ascertaining longevity so when people ask,why is wrong to tell them?
Lillyjgc

Last edited:

Sag Moon

AT
Thanks for confirming my hunche on the house matter.

I think also that for some reason an astrologer at times can see into a chart better certain times then at other times as their intuition seems to be hightened.

I am quite intuitiive to certain issues at times like knowing aspects a person has by them telling me their traits for something or else them telling me of an event and looking at their chart.

Marriage questions I am not good at and they really bug me anyway. I do not like having one ask weather they will ever get married as it's not predictable as well for me because it takes the decision of those in love.Compatibliiy might be easier or when the best time to plan thier marriage date.
There are things like fate involved at times with questions such as marriage IMO.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Coffee RE:< I agree that the docs estimate could well have been a factor in your Dad passing when he did.>
Perhaps the doc had seen it so often he/she could assess by the patient's condition that it would be about *4 weeks*-When my best friend died, her doctor was very accurate with the timing too- I guess medicos see it every day so they would have a good idea.I doubt that the Dr in any way *caused* the patient to die in that time frame.....
Its sad that the patient in this case was distressed by *knowing* but some people prefer to be in *denial* and some prefer to know the truth straight up.I guess if you ask, you have to be ready for what you might be told.
When I was in a life-threatening situation with a 50-50 chance of dying I *wanted* to know and my doctor was very honest which i appreciated (but in the end it was my astrologer who correctly informed me).
Lillyjgc

astro.teacher

kiwikid,

Doesn't the 8H tell of the type of death? And your death chart can have lots of good aspects there if it is an easy death, but hard aspects if it is not easy.

Its usually the significator of death that illustrates the type of death that will occur. I am sure that good aspects to the significator of death certainly lessen the blow and hard ones increase it. I dont believe we should be associating doctor predictions with Astrologer predictions because they predict using two completely different systems that while they may try to achieve the same result, they work differently. A (good) astrologer should always be more accurate than a doctor (and by more I mean always more). I dont think we need to look at how many babies were born "late" or "early" according to doctors predictions in that case. If we used Astrology to predict that, the date would definately be spot on with the prediction. Apples and oranges in my opinion.

Sag Moon,

I think also that for some reason an astrologer at times can see into a chart better certain times then at other times as their intuition seems to be hightened.

Oh definately, there are days when my ability to read charts is increased a hundred fold and others where I feel its impossible to see anything in a chart. I always make sure to read only on the clear & good days, the last thing you need is to miss something important!

Marriage questions I am not good at and they really bug me anyway. I do not like having one ask weather they will ever get married as it's not predictable as well for me because it takes the decision of those in love.Compatibliiy might be easier or when the best time to plan thier marriage date.
There are things like fate involved at times with questions such as marriage IMO.

I personally dont find marriage TOO difficult as the 7th House describes the marriage partner (whether multiple or none), what that partner looks like, length of the marriage & etc. A solar return will also do wonders in predicting good success for marriage that year as well, so marriage isnt very difficult. I guess certain questions come easier to certain people because of what you have studied or have memorized already. I find Horary's a lot more complicated though.

Sag Moon

AT
I find the whole question of marriage not hard,but I do not like to answer it.

If I see a stacked 7th with no difficult planet such as a Malefic or aspects or the house ruler in good shape then I will tend to say it's likely.Even if having a Malefis there does not make one not to marry. If Sa is found there it can denote a long and lasting relationship based on traits associated with Saturn I have found as I have the placement.

I do not like to give advice as to who the marriage partnerr might be astrologicaly.

It's just not one of my favorite questions to field.

compatibilty like I mentioned seems more appropriate.

Thx!

KayBug

I have Uranus in the 8th. I know what kind of death I will have without even having known that. Uranus is transiting my 4th right now and I know already I won't live another 2 yrs.
KayBug

lillyjgc

Kay- I have uranus in the eighth also and currently its going through my fourth too- but it doesnt mean death. It means changes...My ex has uranus in H8 also and uranus has been through his 4th-he's still alive too.....
Its important not to generalise too much- I have seen a whole range of transits produce death,from quincunxes to conjunctions etc but the same transits have not produced death in other cases...so it seems to be a very personal set of transits to the natal, including aspects to house cusps (which is why knowing the correct birthtime is so important!)
I'm curious as to what makes you think you are going to die within 2 years?
Best wishes, Lillyjgc

witch6

im really interested.what do u think when will i die?
i have problems puting an image of my chart.
i was born on october the 3rd,in zagreb(croatia),1987 in 1:35 pm.
now,i do have some hunches ,and i would really like to know.
its strange ,but most pipl with cappy as asc tend to die young.when an earth sign is in 8th house the preson will probably live to an old age.

kiwikid

witch6 said:
its strange ,but most pipl with cappy as asc tend to die young.when an earth sign is in 8th house the preson will probably live to an old age.
Well my 8H cusp Koch [Koch is my preferred house system] is 0.20 Taurus and my natal Sun 0.16 Taurus, so I take it as 7H + 8H. Also have my merc conj mars in Taurus 8H. I had my heart attack 23Dec2002 aged 51yrs and only survived because it happened just around the corner from my Doctor. The stent inserted to open my artery has a shelf life of 10yrs, have used up 5+ yrs. Aquarius is on my 6H cusp [Health], Leo on my 12H cusp [hospitals], Venus covering clots is in 9H Gemini and in mutual reception with Mercury in 8H.
On that day Tr Moon was in Leo [heart] in 11H [unexpected happenings] and was conjunct my ASC/MC midpoint 9.12 leo [9deg Leo = critical degree] at time of 2nd Xray which showed stent positioned in artery and working.
Tr Moon Leo 11H was also conj my Prog. MC was exact about 1/4 hr before heart attack.

So I think your natal angles do have to be involved in life/death situations, and your natal chart does have to show the potential as well, but wouldn't just base it on signs alone. There doesn't seem to be anything in my chart that points to my chances at surviving or living a long life. Mars in Taurus 8H, which I have, is supposed to show a fast death, but with fixed Taurus slowing it down, it may not be so fast.

My heart attack happened at the same bend in a road where I had a vision of my Mum and Dad together, not long after Dad died, maybe they protected me. I know she placed 3 red roses around me when I got a psychic reading a few years beforehand.

cheers
Marg :)

Natasha

When someone dies Jupiter is said to often be transiting or transited.
But for the family and those close Pluto transits are often occuring.
I have also heard of Saturn transits occuring for a relative when a loved one died
But as far as I have seen Pluto is more often around the family by transit.
It is quite common for family members to have planets aspecting each otherand even see repetitions of the same degree for moons (for instance) amongst family members.

witch6

i really wouldnt like to live long.
cant seemyself as an old hag(witch :D ).
there r milions of reasons for my this and not 1 apose.

tonimaree

hi i'm new,
just wandering why is it not ok to know about death.
is astrology not about our blueprint from the time we were born.
i see life being born learning dying there's nothing in between
i do not know much about astrologybut i do know about my instints and i know when someone will pass. no it is not really a nice thing to know but i have learned that life is aboout death.
i'm not too sure if we are aloud to give opinions on things but i signed up 1 hour or so and saw this thread.

blueheron

It's difficult to predict death from the tropical chart. Vedic is much more thorough, but even then, it's difficult to find, and you have to practically have a PhD to sort out all the necessary details.

Even when I see death in the chart, I never predict. (1) I could be wrong, and (2) my Vedic teacher told me never to do this, that it's unethical, and wrong karma.

astro.teacher

blueheron,

It's difficult to predict death from the tropical chart. Vedic is much more thorough

Its not difficult at all [but it is not easy and I am working on perfecting the method], it just takes a few mathematical calculations and you can have the exact date and time of death, usually to the minute (if youre good). I believe Traditional Astrology is just as thorough as Jyotisa is.

Last edited by a moderator:

astro.teacher

do you [blueheron] know the Jyotisa death prediction method? Im curious as to how you find that out through that system. Ive studied a bit of Jyotisa but its a fairly complex system.

Last edited by a moderator:

astro.teacher

Mars is a planet of rashness and therefore Mars may cause a sooner death, although this is more likely if Mars is Lord of this House as well and debilitated.

mlente

Re: moved the breast cancer posts, to all

i think some of people (clairvoyant) could predict when someone will die, but they cant predict the exact time