Indicators of birthing twins??

T

Teb

What are some indicators of birthing twins?

I know that Gemini, Pisces and perhaps Sag are all dual signs but what do I look for when trying to determine if one is pregnant with twins?

What do I look for when trying to determine the sex of the child?

The chart I am looking at shows child conjunct mars in the first, however the progressed shows jupiter conjuct sun in the 5th. I think it is a boy.

Attachments

• ash.gif
    ash.gif
    62.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
This is a toughie
What are some indicators of birthing twins?

I know that Gemini, Pisces and perhaps Sag are all dual signs but what do I look for when trying to determine if one is pregnant with twins?
You are right in your assumption of mutables on 5th and 8th house cusps, show 'potential' also having Uranus in 5th can show something unusal or unexpected with giving birth. I have mars (a male planet) showing quick action when giving birth --- shedding peas:love:

whereas having saturn in 5th could suggest a long time in labour. So if you have sun in 5th could be male, moon = daughter, venus = daughter, mercury not sure if male or female. gets way more complex when looking a 'outers' to

"Here's the fun part: determine which of your natal placements are male or female. If your planet or point falls on a Fire (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)or Air (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) sign, count it as male. Conversely, if your planet or point falls on an Earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) or a Water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) sign, count it as female. Do this male/female assignment for all the 14 factors in your chart."
http://www.ehow.com/how_2113168_malefemale-energy-balance-natal-chart.html
GENDER (sex)
"The Sun, the Mars and the Jupiter are male planets while the Moon, theVenus and Rahu are female planets. Mercury, Saturn and Ketu are considered to be impotent planets.
With this information we should think that the Sun is father, Mars is brother and Jupiter is son.
Moon and Venus are females with this it should be clear that Moon is mother and Venus is wife. Further detailed difference will be given at relevant place. It also helps in assessing the gender of a baby prior to its birth by examining the horoscope of the pregnant lady and her husband. It also helps in predicting about father, mother, brother etc. "
http://www.opendb.net/element/17804.php

The chart you posted has ruler of 5th Saggi/Jupiter and jupiter is in detriment (not well placed) in 2nd with all squares which can cause tension but they are to sun and mercury which I think helps expand those energies in the personality--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detriment_(astrology)

The chart I am looking at shows child conjunct mars in the first, however the progressed shows jupiter conjuct sun in the 5th. I think it is a boy.
Are we looking at the same chart here?? mars is in 9th not first. Asteriod child, I read on here or astro that it has nothing to do with childbirth, just someone called 'child'.
Progress what exactly? shows jupiter conj sun in 5th ---progressed jupiter hardly ever moves (like the outers) prog sun is 24' gemini in 11th house.
Prog moon has JUST changed signs into Cappi for next 2.5years BUT is conj N Node in 5th which could be important. So with it being lunar and Moon if I was to guess would say female :smile:

T

Teb

Thanks Astro50, we can always count on you. I have a lot of questions now. I feel so blind so please be patient with me. . .
This is a toughie

You are right in your assumption of mutables on 5th and 8th house cusps, show 'potential' also having Uranus in 5th can show something unusal or unexpected with giving birth. I have mars (a male planet) showing quick action when giving birth --- shedding peas:love:

whereas having saturn in 5th could suggest a long time in labour. So if you have sun in 5th could be male, moon = daughter, venus = daughter, mercury not sure if male or female. In what kind of chart? Are we talking Natal, progressions or Solar? gets way more complex when looking a 'outers' to

"Here's the fun part: determine which of your natal placements are male or female. If your planet or point falls on a Fire (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius)or Air (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) sign, count it as male. Conversely, if your planet or point falls on an Earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) or a Water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) sign, count it as female. Do this male/female assignment for all the 14 factors in your chart."
http://www.ehow.com/how_2113168_malefemale-energy-balance-natal-chart.html
GENDER (sex)
"The Sun, the Mars and the Jupiter are male planets while the Moon, theVenus and Rahu What is Rahu? are female planets. Mercury, Saturn and Ketu are considered to be impotent planets.
With this information we should think that the Sun is father, Mars is brother and Jupiter is son.
Moon and Venus are females with this it should be clear that Moon is mother and Venus is wife. Further detailed difference will be given at relevant place. It also helps in assessing the gender of a baby prior to its birth by examining the horoscope of the pregnant lady and her husband. It also helps in predicting about father, mother, brother etc. "
http://www.opendb.net/element/17804.php

The chart you posted has ruler of 5th Saggi/Jupiter and jupiter is in detriment (not well placed) in 2nd with all squares which can cause tension but they are to sun and mercury which I think helps expand those energies in the personality--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detriment_(astrology)

Are we looking at the same chart here?? mars is in 9th not first. Asteriod child, I read on here or astro that it has nothing to do with childbirth, just someone called 'child'. I also read that a tale tell sign of pregnanct is the astroid child conjunct sun and it is exactly like that in my chart, so I think there may be some relevancy to the child astroid being an indicator of pregnancy.
Progress what exactly? shows jupiter conj sun in 5th ---progressed jupiter hardly ever moves (like the outers) prog sun is 24' gemini in 11th house.
Prog moon has JUST changed signs into Cappi for next 2.5years BUT is conj N Node in 5th which could be important. So with it being lunar and Moon if I was to guess would say female :smile:

So I would like to go thru some of the other charts in an effort to learn. I will post them shortly with my thoughts.

T

Teb

feeling a little overwhelmed
solar return: Mars and child conjunct in the ASC house so that would be very significant and mars makes me think male? venus is in 8th house, house of reproduction so that makes me think female.

Now I want to know what can we learn about the child's personality. I might be getting ahead of my self.

Attachments

• ashsol.gif
    ashsol.gif
    61.4 KB · Views: 47
T

Teb

Natal and Transits. I really feel blind here. in the 5th house T.pluto & T. ceres conj True node. Pluto transforms and changes whatever it touches. So I would say something lifechanging is taking place and will never be the same. jupiter is the ruler of the 5th house. T.Jupiter is conj T.Uranus on the cusp of the 8th jupiter expands and the pregnancy was not planned. in the 6th house True node transiting uranus. 6th house rules our bodies so that confirms a change in the body.

Attachments

• ashtrans.gif
    ashtrans.gif
    61 KB · Views: 43
whereas having saturn in 5th could suggest a long time in labour. So if you have sun in 5th could be male, moon = daughter, venus = daughter, mercury not sure if male or female. In what kind of chart? Are we talking Natal, progressions or Solar? gets way more complex when looking a 'outers' to
natal of course.
"The Sun, the Mars and the Jupiter are male planets while the Moon, theVenus and Rahu What is Rahu? are female planets. Mercury, Saturn and Ketu are considered to be impotent planets.
don't know think it's vedic astrology :joyful:
Are we looking at the same chart here?? mars is in 9th not first. Asteriod child, I read on here or astro that it has nothing to do with childbirth, just someone called 'child'. I also read that a tale tell sign of pregnanct is the astroid child conjunct sun and it is exactly like that in my chart, so I think there may be some relevancy to the child astroid being an indicator of pregnancy.
well the fact that it's not mainstream and astrologers know very little about this asteriod should be tellling you something :love:
So I take it YOU are pregnant and are looking to see what sex this child may be??

solar return: Mars and child conjunct in the ASC house so that would be very significant and mars makes me think male? venus is in 8th house, house of reproduction so that makes me think female.

Now I want to know what can we learn about the child's personality. I might be getting ahead of my self.
You have posted natal with SR outside. SR Asc falls in 4th house so family matters are emphasised for this SR year. So SR mars falls in 9th house with child asteriod. Do a SR as stand alone or select proper bi wheel in Extended chart selection.

All transits act as background influences until they make a mathamatical aspect to something inside or an Angle ie: Asc/Desc MC/IC

T.Jupiter is conj T.Uranus on the cusp of the 8th jupiter expands and the pregnancy was not planned. in the 6th house True node transiting uranus. 6th house rules our bodies so that confirms a change in the body.
T Jupiter/uranus is conj 9th house cusp not 8th

True node in SR is 12' and urans is 17' -- this is not conjunct, but approaching.

rather than focus on SR you should look see what your secondary progressions are doing

Abby83

I know this thread was started a long time ago but I had to write to tell my experience.

So in my natal chart, 5th house cusp is pisces, so traditional ruler is Jupiter (abundance with pregnancy and fertility) and being in Sagittarius in a mutable sign, conjunct Uranus and moon. My first born was not a twin, it was however a very strong active tall boy.

The twins I gave birth to the following yr are ruled by the 6th and 7th houses (mars and venus). These two planets are also in a mutable sign (virgo) conjunct each other. I wonder if this could be a way of seeing twin pregnancy in a natal chart. By that I mean, I wonder if having the house ruler that represents the child being conjunct and therefore together? Just a thought.

Abby83

Any combinations of them, like Mars in 5th conjunct/aspecting Mercury or Mars as ruler of 5th with Mercury and so on.

Do you mean natally? Well I will admit my natal mars is square 5th house ruler and mercury sextiles 5th house ruler. Does that count? I understand why u say mercury because it rules kids, but why not the moon and why mars?

muchacho

It's best if you use whole sign houses and first look at the 5th from ASC and then also at the 5th from Moon. Also try using sidereal instead of tropical. For aspects, rather use aspects by sign than by degree.

Inline

Well I will admit my natal mars is square 5th house ruler and mercury sextiles 5th house ruler. Does that count?

I understand why u say mercury because it rules kids, but why not the moon and why mars?

I just found this news story (sorry its in German). The article describes two women, identical twins who've just given birth on exactly the same day, at exactly the same time but in different time zones.

Both mothers had their babies (one boy & one girl) at exactly the same time, at 1.18am, one at mountain time in Denver, CO and the other in La Jola, California, pacific time - so astrologically identical..! Or not?

Link:
https://de.nachrichten.yahoo.com/eineiige-zwillinge-bringen-babys-zur-welt-am-selben-054015995.html

Last edited:

Abby83

I just found this news story (sorry its in German). The article describes two women, identical twins who've just given birth on exactly the same day, at exactly the same time but in different time zones.

Both mothers had their babies (one boy & one girl) at exactly the same time, at 1.18am, one at mountain time in Denver, CO and the other in La Jola, California, pacific time - so astrologically identical..! Or not?

Link:
https://de.nachrichten.yahoo.com/eineiige-zwillinge-bringen-babys-zur-welt-am-selben-054015995.html

Omg that's amazing. I love hearing stories like this! :)

I read the story in the link! Astonishing! Amazing!

I have twin girls, but in my natal chart there aren't any planets in the mutable signs, except for Mercury in Virgo.

5th House Cusp is in Cancer. Moon conjuct Venus in Scorpio (8th House).

Jeannette

Someone with whom I grew up's pair of twins are marked in her chart via her Sun, and Mercury being conjunct.
Mercury/Gemini/The Third House represent siblings, so when it's paired with the Sun/Leo/The Fifth House, it can indicate twins, triplets, or beyond.
But, there are other possible manifestations of it besides having multiples, so it will not manifest as such for everyone.